Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2006, 04:40 AM   #21
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

No recent injuries, other than the broken arm, but that is pretty much sorted now.

Funniest "injury" was when I was running down a slope to catch up to a rugby ball, but didn't see the boundary cables of the field. I caught the ball with a lucky bounce, and in the same second hit the cables and flipped over, landing on my feet. The momentum took me further though, and I faceplanted into the mud. My shins were pretty ripped up, but I laughed about that for weeks afterwards.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #22
Sam
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Justin Timberlake
No recent injuries, other than the broken arm, but that is pretty much sorted now.

Funniest "injury" was when I was running down a slope to catch up to a rugby ball, but didn't see the boundary cables of the field. I caught the ball with a lucky bounce, and in the same second hit the cables and flipped over, landing on my feet. The momentum took me further though, and I faceplanted into the mud. My shins were pretty ripped up, but I laughed about that for weeks afterwards.
It's Always good to find humor in your own injuries, because if you can, it dosen't hurt as much
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #23
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I love talking about injuries; everyone can do it.

I cut my finger very deeply today. I was sawing some excess metal off of a bike rack to make it compatible with my bike. I'd been at it for about five minutes when I noticed a deep gash, that was already swolen and getting wider, from my nail to that knuckle (a bit more than a centimeter long). It wasn't bleeding though, and it didn't hurt, so I'm not sure what I actually cut it on.

But, that was a boring injury. It's just funnier when you guys get hurt I guess.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #24
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

My feet hurt from the beach and all the stuff you can step on at the beach! (Except hypodermic needles, it's a bit early in the season for those.)
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 AM   #25
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
My feet hurt from the beach
Mine did too. For two weeks. But that is because I walked 30km bare foot, spontaneously. Partially in the rain. It is liberating to be an idiot.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #26
katya
Elven Maiden

I have these nasty bruises all up and down both legs and especially the knees from climbing up this thing on the jungle gym the other day with my friend. It was a skeleton ladder looking thing and I climbed up it, but it was really hard since I was too big for it. We also jumped in puddles and went down the slide into the puddle. It was raining at the time too. Good fun. Most fun I`ve had in months. It is liberating to be an idiot.

I have also gotten plenty of small injuries in kendo. Blood blister on my foot, bruises from getting hit repeatedly during practice on my hip and wrist, a couple times where I got stabbed during sparring.

Most major injury was when I broke my femur. I fell off a swing when I was little, too little to remember it. The word is, I was babbling on about how I had a "bug bite".
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #27
Sam
Elven Warrior

A few months ago, I bought a steel sword at a shop in downtown Vancouver. It was a pretty sweet sword and I played with it alot. One day, I was practicing my moves (twirling it about and what not) and I stabbed myself in the leg!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #28
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I've got 2 recent injuries to tell ya about.

The first is a nice black eye I got playing with a friends dog. This happened on Thursday night. I think. It might have Wendesday. Anyway, he has a pit-bull puppy, he weighs 60 pounds but he isn't quite a year old yet, and I was wrestling around with him and he spun around and bit me right in the eye. Luckily I blinked and pulled away so he only got my uper eye lid and blackend my eye.

The second took place today. I play shortstop in a Sunday softball league and today was our first day. In the first inning of the first game(we play 2 every Sunday) I went to feild a ball and it took a wicked hop and got me in the hand. It broke my first finger and bruised the crap outta my middle one. I taped 'em up and kept on playing. Yeah, I'm tough like that. What really sucks is I'm a two finger typer and it's not easy typing without that finger. It took me almost 20 min just to type this.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #29
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
Today I slammed the back of my head on my shelf on the corner climbed down my ladder (feeling reelly dissy) and nearly sprained my ankle. I had to stop doing my homework (Yay) because I felt so dissy.
How's your head now? It seems like you got a mild concussion when you whacked your head. I hope you have avoided violence to your head so that your brain could recover properly.

Klatukatt, I hope your ankle gets better. Sprains, especially to the ankle, are incredibly nasty (as, erm, you are well aware). It can take a long time for an ankle sprain to heal but it's worth the work to make sure it's healed completely - otherwise you will keep reinjuring it seriously from minor things like ankle rolls. If your ankle still hurts you, I would recommend seeing your doctor and/or physiotherapist about it.

Personally I am quite lucky with injuries. Recently I haven't had anything worse than some very minor BMOs (bruises of mysterious origin), though I am in great need of a deep tissue massage. <grousing> All the muscles in my legs (and to a lesser extent, my back) are extremely tense and I'm trying to get rid of some shin splints in my right leg. But that is not such a big deal as I am not playing any sports right now. </grousing>
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #30
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Klatukatt, I hope your ankle gets better. Sprains, especially to the ankle, are incredibly nasty (as, erm, you are well aware). It can take a long time for an ankle sprain to heal but it's worth the work to make sure it's healed completely - otherwise you will keep reinjuring it seriously from minor things like ankle rolls. If your ankle still hurts you, I would recommend seeing your doctor and/or physiotherapist about it.
Thanks Nurv, but psychotherapist? Oh wait, a physiotherapist is something else. Nevermind.

I have MANY MANY BRUISES right now. It is so nice to have a boyfriend.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ah!!!

erm .... ok!!!

best, Bb x x x
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #32
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
Thanks Nurv, but psychotherapist? Oh wait, a physiotherapist is something else. Nevermind.

I have MANY MANY BRUISES right now. It is so nice to have a boyfriend.
Ahaha!! I so very much heart you, for both those comments.

I think a good attitude and healthy sense of humour generally promotes healing. (Or, at least you don't annoy those around you with complaining causing them to injure you further. )
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2006, 05:00 AM   #33
Zilbanne
Enting

Well mine isn't an injury exactly... My feet and ankles swell up sometimes as a side effect from a medication that I must take. May the beautious Lady Elbereth be highly praised when this does not happen!* A non swelling foot day is a glorious day!

I do hope ladies and gents that you deeply appreciate the avantages of lean and shapely feet. 'Cause it's difficult enough to out run the unexpected ringwraiths of the world. 'Tis especially so when your ankles are so large that you feel like Gollum has gone and left you in some fetid, boggy place in the center of the dead marshes, after you've been stumbling along behind him for what seems like months instead of days. It makes one feel more like a relative of a saddled captive oliphaunt bound for war, than a nice and tidy, ale drinking and table dancing hobbit. " Sigh!"

* And sweet Rose Cotton Gamgee too

Last edited by Zilbanne : 06-16-2006 at 03:01 AM.
Zilbanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #34
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That must be very annoying Zilbanne! I hope you have shoes that are always comfy.
Quote:
Old 06-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #35
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

no broken bones before (thankfully) but my most recent smaller injury was yesterday when i whammed my big toe into a door when i slipped, cracking my nail partially down the middle and causing it to bleed underneath the nail...it still ouchies...haha *wuss*

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #36
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You're not a wuss! Splitting your toenail is incredibly annoying, and your toes are very sensitive parts of your body.

Toes are the appendages used to find furniture in the dark.
Quote:
Old 06-16-2006, 03:00 AM   #37
Zilbanne
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
That must be very annoying Zilbanne! I hope you have shoes that are always comfy.
Thank you Nurvingiel! I've got these fleece lined boots- sueded clover green, half way between slippers and boots yet with hard soles, that do feel comfortable and wouldn't look out of place at the house of Elrond's dinning hall either!

Look at the shoes at landsend.com if you want to find something similar
Zilbanne is offline   Reply With Quote