Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #21
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

there is no reason to believe that Berman is involved at all - or that that previous project was shelved rather than canned.

Berman may be involved, but all indications say otherwise. *shrug*

we really don't know all that much except for the confirmed facts:
-J.J. Abrams will produce
-NO MENTION of Berman co-producing or even being involved
-J.J. Abrams may or may not direct
-Kirk and Spock may or may not be in the movie. (but probably will be it looks like)

:P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #22
Alcuin
Salt Miner

The official unofficial announcement at StarTrek.com: http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...cle/15891.html
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I know, could you believe it?

You would think that StarTrek.com would at least get us some real information instead of conjecture like everyone else.

Would it be off topic here to say that Enterprise didn't exactly please me? I wish they hadn't ended the show before seven seasons, and I did watch all the episodes during the initial run, but I won't be adding the seasons to my collection.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #24
Snowdog
DĂșnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
As this thread was still hanging around for over a year and as I started it in the first place; I changed the title to bring you this news event:

Report: 'Star Trek' set for '08 revival
Variety: J.J. Abrams to take the helm

Friday, April 21, 2006; Posted: 8:32 a.m. EDT (12:32 GMT)

'Star Trek'
LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- More than three years after the last "Star Trek" movie crashed at the box office, the venerable sci-fi franchise is being revived by the director of the upcoming "Mission: Impossible" sequel, Daily Variety reported in its Friday edition.

The as-yet-untitled "Star Trek" feature, the 11th since 1979, is aiming for a fall 2008 release through Paramount Pictures, the Viacom Inc. unit looking to restore its box-office luster under new management, the trade paper said.

The project will be directed by J.J. Abrams, whose Tom Cruise vehicle "Mission: Impossible III" will be released by Paramount on May 5. Abrams, famed for producing the TV shows "Alias" and "Lost," will also help write and produce.

Daily Variety said the action would center on the early days of "Star Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer-space mission.

The paper described "Star Trek" as Hollywood's most durable performer after James Bond, spawning 10 features that have grossed more than $1 billion and 726 TV episodes from six series.

The 10th film, "Star Trek: Nemesis," bombed at the box office on its December 2002 release, earning just $43 million in North America. Last year, Viacom-owned broadcast network UPN pulled the plug on the low-rated series "Star Trek: Enterprise" following a four-season run.
Well, if done right this could be good. The name Star Trek will draw on a core of trekkies, and may overcome the shackles put on the franchise by the ill-fated Enterprise series. Hopefully it will be done well and have a decent plot, and maybe micro-skorted girls too!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #25
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I just want to say that skorts are an abomination.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote