Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #21
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Strider

Acalewia drew an arrow and placed it in her bow.
"Only one was spaired death for entering the pool, The Ringbearer's guide. But no more will be spaired." She let the the arrow fly. A goblin shreaked as the arrow found its mark. Colomir also let loose an arrow.
"Let us show them we do not fear them," he said as he released another arrow. Acalewia hoped Curamir would be able to get help and return before they were overrun.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #22
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

It was again dark when the rangers drew near the fall that hid the window on the west; they could hear sounds of of orcs, the harsh voice of uruk commander swearing at his underling, the shrill death squeak of a goblin as an arrow ended his short lifespan. Faramir called instructions to his men " curamir take half the party and surround the falls, no enemy shall be left alive to tell of this most secret of ranger camps; when you are ready, blow this horn i shall give you; good luck men. As soon as Curamir's best marksman were place he blew the horn and a great cheer erupted FOR GONDOR! FOR GONDOR! and with that battle was joined in a matter of seconds the forbidden pool ran red with the strange goblins blood, and in a matter of minutes it was washed away clean again.

Curamir and Faramir hurried up the path to the falls, hearing sound of swords clashing, up ahead Colomir and Acalwecia were standing back to back at the entrance to the falls, surrounded by an uruk with a large club and several goblins with cutlesses; suddenly with a great blow from the uruks club the elf crumpled at Colomirs feet, but the deathblow was blocked by a broadsword; the uruk looked up into the eyes of the strange warrior from the east; it was the last thing he ever looked at as his existence and the three goblins ceased within seconds of Curmaar apearing with his surgically precise, and lighting fast blade . After dispatching the last of the goblins Curmaar staggered and collapsed beside the elf. The rangers carried them in and cared for them Curmaar was only wearyfrom his previous wound, but Acalwecia had a nasty bruise where the uruk had struck her and she was unconscious for much of the night.
"You have done well my sons" said faramir to his battleweary sons "get some rest and we will decide the right path in the morning" and to Elegost he ordered "summon me when the elf revives, I wish to speak to her". The rest of the night on Henneth Annun was peaceful; but elsewhere evil was stirring.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 09-11-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #23
Acalewia

Strider

Elegost kept watch over the wounded. Acalewia had not moved at all during the night. But in her sleep, she could see the strange goblins in Osgiliath trying to overtake it. Arrows flew that bore the grey feathers of The Assasin. This had to mean something. Acalewia slowly opened her eyes. Her head pounded, but that was expected.

"Well, Eruanna, we meet again in battle." Acalewia sat up.
"Colomir? Curmaar? Where are they?"
"Colomir is battle weary, but unhurt. Curmaar was able to gather enough strength to save you from a death blow" Acalewia smiled.
"I owe him my life, then." Elegost handed her a flagon.
"Framir bad me to tell him when you revived. He wishes to speak with you"
"Do as he bids, Elegost. I am well enough to speak with an old friend."

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #24
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Elegost felt that something was wrong. He turned to grab his bow. As he grabbed, his fingers met nothing! His eyes darted around the cave. His bow and quiver were gone! He ran to make sure the wounded were safe, and he stopped. Curmaar was not there!
Curmaar ran through the woods of Ithilien, stopping for nothing. Elegost's bow was in his hand, and the ranger's quiver was on his back. The warrior's sword was strapped over the quiver. The man pounded through the woods.
I have brought evil to these fair woods, he thought.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #25
rohirrim TR

Colomir awoke with a start glancing around he saw Elegost and his brother fervently whispering to each other, when they told him of what happened he could not believe it " it is not like him, there is no way he is a traitor, why,he told us himself his story"whispered Colamir. "Whether or not he is a traitor or just wanted to hunt, he cannot go far, he is not fully recovered yet" interjected Elegost. "We must tell my father at any rate" replied Curamir

When they found Faramir he was with Acalwecia they related the events that had passed that night and Acalwecia spoke up "I do not believe he will betray us, we saved his life, and among his people he owes us a life debt". "You may be right my old friend but might he not consider his debt payed after saving your life?" enquired Faramir. "I had not thought of that, but still he had not the face of a traitor". The sound in the room grew to an indistinct babble as everyone was talking at the same and no one could be heard until; ENOUGH! shouted Curamir "this is useless conjecture it does not matter whether he is faithful to us or not we must leave this place, Elegost arm your self with a bow from the spare armory and the rest of you prepare to leave, myself, and our best scouts will accompany me to search for Curmaar." "You will not go without me my brother" stated Colomir flatly. "Nor will i dessert such noble companions in this venture" said Acalwecia. Elegost stood for a minute and then said "my lord Faramir?" Faramir was standing with his hand at his sides; his eye half closed, as if lost in memory. "Do as he says Elegost, my son speaks with wisdom." he finally said

Before Curamir, Colomir, Acalwecia,and Elegost parted ways Faramir gave his sons a word of advice "there have been reports of smoke from the morgul vale and since those reports there has been rumor of many strange creatures coming through our wood, perhaps they are being drawn to an evil in the morgul castle, at any rate it may be a good place to start we have heard little from Halamir, he has a camp near the vale, i fear for him, be careful.

As Curamirs band moved off into the woods they heard the shrill cry of the assasin in the distance to the east and following it a great cry.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 09-13-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #26
Curubethion

Strider

Faramir stood by the waterfall, remembering. He felt a scar that ran across his temple. He was remembering a day...
Why, Nahor? Why? he thought.
His mind strayed to that day. His ranger Nahor had begun to act strangely, until that day. He had attacked Faramir, giving him the scar. The Prince of Ithilien had fought back, and Nahor had fallen into the fire. He had run off, screaming. Somewhere in the woods he had perished in agony.
Faramir felt a tinge of pain. He had seen much in his years.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #27
rohirrim TR

The next day as the three rangers and the elf set out Curamir noticed how quiet it was, there was no sound of birds or squirrels, nor was there any wind at all. The lack of a breeze made the rangers hot, and sweaty under their leather, but the elf seemed unaffected by climate. Suddenly Acalwecia ran ahead and them signaled them to get out of sight. Well hidden in the foliage they had a fine view of about three hundred of the strange goblins and nearly two hundred uruks heading to the north west. Leading the army was a man, but he was hooded and cloaked and they could make out little of his features, save that he was human.
Quote:

Last edited by rohirrim TR : 09-13-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:14 AM   #28
Curubethion

Strider

"Where is the Mithrilstone?" the Assasin mumbled to himself. "Where have you hid it, Faramir?"
His orcs marched through the woods, hacking the trees. He made war.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #29
rohirrim TR

Curamir and his companions came out of their hiding places sickened, and shocked at the destruction that the orcs left in their wake. "Osgiliath must be warned" said Elegost breaking the silence that had settled over the woods. "Yes" agreed Curamir "but it would be grievous to me if we gave up so quickly on our search for Curmaar". "Perhaps their is a way both ends can be achieved" spoke up Acalwecia. "if Colomir and myself follow after Curmaar, and you and the noble ranger speed on to Osgiliath and warn Faramir of the invasion party". For a long time Curamir stood weighing the events in his mind until at last he replied "I believe have the best solution my good elf, Elegost let us go we must not be outpaced by orc rabble. And with speed that the three runners of the fellowship would have been amazed at Curamir and Elegost sped toward Osgiliath.
"Lead on Acalwecia" said Colomir, "your eyes see farther that do mine, and i do believe you know more than you are telling, so lead on". "you see well son of Faramir", replied Acalwecia, "for you have read my expression correctly, i see sign of Curmaars passing up ahead I believe we are very close.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #30
Curubethion

Strider

As Curmaar walked through Ithilien, he heard a bizarre chant. It whined into a wavering call, and then back into chant. There were a few people there, it seemed. He walked forward, and saw the source of the sound.

Three robed figures were circling around a fire, chanting fell words. One of them held high a silver stone, and screamed an unintelligible river of speech! Curmaar felt an intoxicating smell permeating the air. He staggered, and cracked a branch.

"Aiiiii!!" screamed the figures.

Instantly, ten swordsmen leaped out! All of them were cloaked head to toe in the robes of Harad! Curmaar jumped forward, and slew one as the man sliced at him! As two more attacked him, he beheaded one and caught the other with a spinning kick!

"Haarannnn!!" he yelled.

Quailing, the warriors fled back, and then the first figure screamed. He held aloft the silver stone, and the swordsmen came back! Curmaar braced himself.

I cannot defeat him! he thought. If I could seize that leader's stone...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 PM   #31
rohirrim TR

Curamir and Elegost had passed the orcs army's camp that night and they hoped to reach Osgiliath at least a day ahead of them. Dawn broke through inky darkness, and still the two rangers continued on; then with no warning an arrow flew out of the bushes behind them and buried itself in Elegost's leg, both rangers rolled out of sigh; nocked an arrow and waited. after sometime they saw nothing, "Elegost? how is your leg?" whispered Curamir. "I can still walk i believe, it caught me in the calf right in the muscle" replied Elegost hoarsely. Curamir put his bow down and got some cloth out of his pack to bind the wound, first he cut the black and grey feathered arrow out and then put some athelas that he had in the wound and tied it tightly. They had waited nearly an hour and decided to move out slowly they had almost reached the main road to Osgiliath when out of the trees came the hooded figure he had a lance that he hurled into Elegost. Elegost went down and the two warriors standing drew their swords, the assasin had a blade similar to Curmaar's and he knew how to use it; Curamir showed his special skill with the blade,and fortunate for him he had such skill for a lesser man would have stood no chance against such a opponent as this assasin, as Curamir and the asassin went back and forth Curamirs thought went to his many other battles and in the back of his mind he thought of his lineage, his uncle Boromir whom he had never met, Boromir had been the most dangerous warrior that Gondor had known, except for the King Elessar, and he had been slain by arrows.

The asassin thought only of revenge and preventing his element of surprise from being ruined, he cursed to himself this young ranger was proving no easy match, "you are much like your father" the asassin growled at Curamir. "you are a murderer, and i have sworn that the murderer of Bergil will die" replied Curamir coldly. "Bergil?" replied the asassin looking puzzled. At that moment Elegost rose and almost slew the asassin but the only thing that he succeeded in doing was slashing the hood and adding to the asassins face of scars that ran diagonally down his cheekbone. When the asassin saw two skilled warriors against him he sheathed his blade and dissapeared into the forest uttering the piercing wail, he had learned long ago to not take chances in battle,and two to one was not to his liking.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #32
Curubethion

Strider

Curmaar hacked his way through the enemy, trying to get to the leader. As he saw the man, he broke out of the melee, and managed to sever the Southron's arm! He pried out the silver stone, and held it high, screaming his warcry!

"Hagaaayaa!!" yelled the leader.

The enemy ran, shouting at him! Curmaar fled, leaving the Haradrim far behind. He paused to glance at the stone. It seemed to be made of mithril, with a strange rune in its hand.

What is this thing? he wondered.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #33
rohirrim TR

Curamir stood watching the asassin flee; many thoughts on his mind. Then Elegost collapsed the lance still in his side, "I'm sorry Curamir, tell your father I tried" spoke Elegost for the last time. Curamir fell to his knees beside Elegost's body "no Elegost you have done your duty be at peace, son of Gondor" whispered Curamir. When he rose his face was stern and grave, the road to faramir was long.
Quote:
Old 09-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #34
Curubethion

Strider

Many leagues away, Hluor the ranger was in a tavern in the North. He sent up a wisp of smoke from his pipe, gazing into the flames of the fire. The townspeople had been acting frightened...

"Hluor!" shouted a man, running in. "The villagers! They-they..."

He collapsed to the ground, an ugly wound in his side. Hluor ran up to him, but it was too late. His friend was dead. Outside, he saw a huge mob running towards the tavern. All were villagers, carrying sharp farming tools.

"Sorceror!" they screamed. "Sorcerors of Angmar!"
Old 09-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #35
Acalewia

Strider

Acalewia stopped. Through the trees, Colomir saw several clocked figures. Several figures also lay on the ground, seemingly dead. Acalewia bent close to the Ranger's ear.
"Curmaar has been here," She pointed at broken branches. "He has gone this way. Be silent. We do not need to be delayed." The elf slipped sliently away, with Colomir behind her.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #36
Curubethion

Strider

A man, robed in blue, stood in the square of a village. Villagers, holding torches and makeshift pikes, gathered by him. He lifted his hands.

"Now is an hour of darkness," he began, "and shadow creeps over the land! We are the chosen, those who will conquer the spawn of Morgoth that has arisen in Arnor! The powers of Darkness shall crumble before us! Thus saith Morluin, prophet of Iluvatar!"

"Morluin!!" the mob cheered.

The speaker continued, "We are fighting a power not of man, elf, or dwarf, but of evil! Long has it lain in wait in the north. Long has it bidden its time carefully! And now, now that Sauron has fallen, it has arisen! The Rangers of the North, that strange and lonely race, of the arcane land of Numenor, have held many secrets. This was their darkest: they are the servants of Morgoth! They have come to spread evil, and now one of their most evil sits on the throne of Gondor! Now, we must fight the evil!"

"Death to Morgoth!! Death to the Rangers!!" screamed the people.

"Go, now," Morluin bid them, "and waste no time. Slay those that you can, and tell all of this danger!! Go, and free Middle-Earth!!"
Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #37
Acalewia

Strider

Suddenly, Acalewia staggered. She caught a branch as she fell. Colomir reached out his hand to steady her. She waved him off.
"I'm fine," Then the branch broke, a loud craaack breaking the silence. The cloaked figures all turned toward them. They could not see them because of the trees. Acalewia drew two long knives she had on her back and slid behind a tree.
"Avo 'osto," she said falling into her native language. Colomir saw she meant to fight them. He slid into hiding as the swordmen came into the forest to find them.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #38
Curubethion

Strider

Curmaar looked at the silver stone. As he gazed at the rune, he seemed to hear a voice.

Feel this power, it is yours to claim. Yours!

Who are you?

I am one who has seen much...one who will see much. Help me, and you will live to be great! The Assasin shall die!

What must I do?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #39
rohirrim TR

Curamir staggered through the trees, the weather was hot and his sweaty head pounded from the heat. He was near Osgiliath and he heard someone moving, it sounded like a large party, but it did not sound like orcs, then he heard the horn of Faramir sound a assembly and he knew he had made it.

"We must fortifie the city, and send another messenger to the King" ordered Faramir to his lieutenant. "What happened to the other messenger?" asked Curamir. "He was found yesterday, with a lance in his heart" replied Faramir grimly. When will it end thought Curamir.
Quote:
Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 PM   #40
Curubethion

Strider

Curmaar heard the Haradrim coming again. He knew there was a choice to make. The soldiers came through the woods. He was ready for them. The first warrior ran up.

"Yaaaaa!!!" screamed Curmaar.

With crazed eyes, he attacked! Catching the man with a spinning blow, he caught the next in a chokehold. As he killed the man, he released a deluge of blows at him.

"You killed them!" he screamed. "Vengeance! Vengeance!"

The mithrilstone glimmered in his hand. He had succumbed.
Closed Thread