Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:59 PM   #22
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenya
Hey, What d'ya mean a nutter?

Cool thread bth. If I find some time, I'll do my oscar thingy maybe

nutter: One who is quite "nutty", errrr, fun to "post with", often funny in a whimsical & silly way...

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #23
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenya
Hey, What d'ya mean a nutter?

Cool thread bth. If I find some time, I'll do my oscar thingy maybe

Look forward to your oscars (try and find the time: mine were incomplete and sketchy to say the least) : but i look forward to yours: and any other moot experiences you have had Lenya!

best
BB
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:37 PM   #24
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
*wonders how fast she can make another 1000 posts... *
So Eärniel, I'm assuming that I get first pick of the Tolkien men because I have a higher post count than you do, right? So Tuor is MINE! (and Fingon, too)
Tata, you wish, Half-Elf! Spam count's not gettin' you any privileges. Besides, staff gets first choice in Silmarillion-males. How else do you think SGH managed to rout all those Finrod-lusters over the years?

Tuor's mine. Mine! Mine! *does impression of gulls out of 'Finding Nemo'* But you can have Fingon is nobody else wants'im.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:24 PM   #25
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Nobody gets Feanor, HE's MINE!! Feanor's definitely the hottest Elf of all, don't care what anybody says.
Cool thread, Butterbeer! Myself, I've got a ways to go to catch up with you all. BTW, I like what you wrote in your 500th post. I love the Moot too; interacting here revives my spirit a lot and helps stoke the fires of my creative imagination, which is so important for me as I'm a writer who often (more often than not) struggles with the Balrogs of writer's block...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 PM   #26
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Except for Finrod
Old 06-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #27
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Tata, you wish, Half-Elf! Spam count's not gettin' you any privileges. Besides, staff gets first choice in Silmarillion-males. How else do you think SGH managed to rout all those Finrod-lusters over the years?
Grrrrr! *makes evil plot to join the staff*

Quote:
But you can have Fingon is nobody else wants'im.
I'll play with Fingon, then, until I find a way to vanquish you, you evil sea-elf!! Arrr!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:04 AM   #28
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Frick on a stick, RIAN's over-taken lil' ol' BoP ??!

Hmmm...
*sends legion of boxes after Rian's pants

oh, and congrats and all
Old 07-01-2005, 01:19 PM   #29
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
nutter: One who is quite "nutty", errrr, fun to "post with", often funny in a whimsical & silly way...
Yeah, I had to check it up in a dictionary Must say I'm quite flattered. Always a pleasure to post with you too
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #30
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Frick on a stick, RIAN's over-taken lil' ol' BoP ??!

Hmmm...
*sends legion of boxes after Rian's pants

oh, and congrats and all
mwahahahaHA!

you lazy kiwi, get yer booty back over here and give me a run for my money!
Let's race JD for 10k posts!
(you probably would have had it if you hadn't had a split personality crisis and posted as Sheeana for a bit! )

thanks, and good to see ya!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 07-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #31
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Grrrrr! *makes evil plot to join the staff*
*blows raspberry*

Quote:
until I find a way to vanquish you
You and what army?

Quote:
you evil sea-elf!! Arrr!
And don't you forget it!

But to actually get back on topic: all the talk of an Entmoot T-shirt made me remember the art-contest we had when I was still a newbie. I made my first Tolkien-themed drawings for that contest. I was so proud. Didn't win, of course. I wonder what happened to those drawings, all the entries used to have a page on the Tolkientrail but I haven't seen them since and they were not added to the fan art gallery. A pity, there were some great entries.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #32
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Hah!

well that was a spectacular failure to make my 500th post a bit meaningful - it doesn't appear to have registred! Well i call that funny oh well if this is my official 500th post, as they say in the british parliament, i refer you to the (post) given before!

you gotta laugh haven't you?

EDIT: have checked : this now being my official 500th post! well i'm off to the teacup cafe to see if any cakes still left for me after Earthbound literally threw herself onto it! (thanks nurv by the way)

* voice of marvin from hitch hickers guide to galaxy*

Irony? Don't talk to me about irony ...
I made my 500th post requesting a title
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #33
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:

But to actually get back on topic: all the talk of an Entmoot T-shirt made me remember the art-contest we had when I was still a newbie. I made my first Tolkien-themed drawings for that contest. I was so proud. Didn't win, of course. I wonder what happened to those drawings, all the entries used to have a page on the Tolkientrail but I haven't seen them since and they were not added to the fan art gallery. A pity, there were some great entries.

*voice of Basil fawlty*

back on topic?? back on topic??

*arms and legs thrash about in an oddly un-co-ordinated manner *

...er ... and you a Mod! .. maybe i'm dreaming and this is the thread about the t-shirt? (??)

Right your Penance miss Moderator and owner of the biggest flemish lion ... your moot experiences and oscars please! - this is not a request: tis' your next assignment!

and .. no offence - and no way am i taking sides - no way! but IF Rian needs an army... then by god i'm sure the moot community will rally to the call! ( sounds fun! )

ditto too for the flemish lion! ...

*horns blow* networks leap into action .... steadfast warriors muster with a twinkle in their eye and a smile on their lips ...

By god! , St George! and those lovely little Belgian chocolate frogs! ...

Let loose the dogs of war!

now far be it from me to curtail any wierd and wonderful discussions here (IN FACT I WELCOME THEM ) but can we have the odd post about your moot expereinces? everything else is of course more than fine by me!

.... btw ... speaking for all the moot guys ... what's wrong with me? .. who are these guys you refere to??? maybe i should post a photo on the moot?

best all!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #34
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Quote:
*voice of Basil fawlty*

...er ... and you a Mod! .. maybe i'm dreaming and this is the thread about the t-shirt? (??)

Right your Penance miss Moderator and owner of the biggest flemish lion ... your moot experiences and oscars please! - this is not a request: tis' your next assignment!

and .. no offence - and no way am i taking sides - no way! but IF Rian needs an army... then by god i'm sure the moot community will rally to the call! ( sounds fun! )

ditto too for the flemish lion! ...

*horns blow* networks leap into action .... steadfast warriors muster with a twinkle in their eye and a smile on their lips ...

By god! , St George! and those lovely little Belgian chocolate frogs! ...

Let loose the dogs of war!

now far be it from me to curtail any wierd and wonderful discussions here (IN FACT I WELCOME THEM ) but can we have the odd post about your moot expereinces? everything else is of course more than fine by me!

.... btw ... speaking for all the moot guys ... what's wrong with me? .. who are these guys you refere to??? maybe i should post a photo on the moot?

best all!
What was the topic?

P.S.
Just want to know so I can stay on it
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:59 PM   #35
Rían

an ARMY?! *rolls up her sleeves* Who needs an ARMY?! I'm totally capable of takin' you on, girlfriend!!

and a DOUBLE raspberry back to you AND your lion! *amazing raspberry sound*

Old 07-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #36
Earniel

Quote:
*voice of Basil fawlty*

What the-? Well duh, I got back on topic, and you complain because I'm a mod? There's a first.

The talk of the new T-shirt made me remember a past event on the 'moot, and I posted that. A moot experience, ya know? As was the topic you had specified for this thread. Besides, I posted already lots of little experiences, if I continue to post anymore, people will think I'm hogging this thread.

Now if you will excuse me, me and my Flemish Lion are going to make us some RÃ*an-burgers in the Teacup Cafe.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #37
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

qué

I'm from Barcelona
Old 07-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #38
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

My experience on the Moot

I came here just to have some fun.

I remember reading posts for some time and then registering just to be able to ask a question. Was it in the Nazgul freedom thread? Perhaps, I don't remember anymore.

Since then I used the Moot to cry out my frustration over Aragorn's choice of Arwen over Eowyn. and over some stupid PJ scenes.

And I have started a serious thread of my own - sorcerors of the Line of Elros, and was happy my idea seemed to work.

I really liked the argument here, Olmer's posts, Valandil's posts, Gordis's posts Radagast's posts, BB's posts, so learned and serious or so humorous, also posts by Lotesse and EarthBound, LCOU, the young genius TD and really many others.
Some great threads: Eye thread, Nazgul freedom thread,Witch-King thread, nazgul horses, What could have happened, oh, can't remember more, perhaps I will later.

And then, while replying to BB's IF question i got drawn into something unexpected!
And... I have become a wraith...

I got drawn into the Fellowship of the ringwraiths. I don't understand how it happened. But now I am a noisy, crazy, vain and fierce she-wraith Lily, infatuated with Wikkie the Witch-King.

What will happen with me, o mooters?

CS, the wraith-squirrel
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #39
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
What the-? Well duh, I got back on topic, and you complain because I'm a mod? There's a first.

The talk of the new T-shirt made me remember a past event on the 'moot, and I posted that. A moot experience, ya know? As was the topic you had specified for this thread. Besides, I posted already lots of little experiences, if I continue to post anymore, people will think I'm hogging this thread.

Now if you will excuse me, me and my Flemish Lion are going to make us some RÃ*an-burgers in the Teacup Cafe.

are you annoyed ?

sorry but i seriously can't tell!

well to be clear:

well it was meant to be humorous ....

BIG CLUES:[SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkOrange]

Basil fawlty! .... arms and legs thrashing about in physical humour fashion ... and yes i was referring to the sad mis-communication i had previously with a mod ... as is reffered to here ...

it'd be really ironic if you took it the wrong way!

I was in fact JOINING YOU in posting experiences - not saying you were off-topic!

Blimey!

am i from a different planet or something?

(actually - don't answer that! )

maybe on hindsight it was on too many levels at one time to be clear? or it seemed out of the blue or something?

well anyway to be clear: i think you may have read that in a negative way ... which isn't how it should be read!

Everyone just chill out a bit here!

Thanks CS: for your moot experiences.

ME9996: the topic is alive and kicking! (but not quite as envisagned ... )
Old 07-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #40
Rían

(You'll have to excuse Eärniel - she's not thinking straight because she's so scared of me!)