Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2004, 02:11 PM   #21
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pytt
in my opinion, bush is an extremly low-inteligent person.
Why - because he doesn't give the greatest public speeches?
Quote:
but this video from bin Laden is ridicoulus.
i don't believe what he says, but there is a chance it is true. isn't it?
i think so. but what his meqaning with this is,, bin Laden, i don't get.
He's declared war on the West repeatedly. Now he's offering an olive branch - sure - right. You really believe that there is a chance he believes in freedom - with his complete support and belief in the Taliban style islam? That is what he has said he wants the whole world to be.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-31-2004 at 02:13 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #22
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Bin Laden clearly wants Bush in the White House because he (Bush) has provided the best possible terrorist training camp and recruiting station combined right there in Iraq.

He (Bin Laden) also knows that seeing the face of Public Enemy Number One on the telly will make wavering voters lean towards Bush.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:05 AM   #23
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pytt
i don't believe what he says, but there is a chance it is true. isn't it?
Not to pick on you buddy but... (the 'but' indicates that I am about to pick on you, for which I apologize)
There's a chance... but there's also the chance that a huge meteorite will head straight towards earth and Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck and a team of incompetant astronauts and oil drillers will land a shuttle on it and blow it up with a nuclear warhead, saving us all. Erm... what I'm trying to say is... if there is a chance it's minutely small.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #24
inked
Elf Lord

Ahh, the apparently younger generation discovers the complexities of propaganda and disinformation, the untangling of the skein of intents, the devilry of inverse thinking, and the value of Intelligence! Welcome to the world of trying to figure out what something means, its purposes, and the appropriate responses for scenarios A to Z' or more. And think a little more kindly on those who have to do this daily and not just for ABL!!! not to mention those who may err in the processes or data or interpretations!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #25
Janny
The Blobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Ahh, the apparently younger generation discovers the complexities of propaganda and disinformation, the untangling of the skein of intents, the devilry of inverse thinking, and the value of Intelligence! Welcome to the world of trying to figure out what something means, its purposes, and the appropriate responses for scenarios A to Z' or more. And think a little more kindly on those who have to do this daily and not just for ABL!!! not to mention those who may err in the processes or data or interpretations!
Axe to grind, Mr inked?

Did anyone else hear anything over a supposed sighting of Osama bin Laden this morning UK time? I heard a brief thing, but it hasn't been on the news since.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:11 AM   #26
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

How do you know I'm part of the younger generation inked?
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 11-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #27
inked
Elf Lord

No axes, merely amused observaton Janny!

Nurv, I think this has come up afore now, but I'll be 50 in April next! Someone told me they liked older men!!!! and who am I to disagree?

It was BoP, I think! Flattery however did not get my pantssssss!!!!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 11-01-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:29 PM   #28
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Dammit!

Not flattery then... wonder if he'll fall for bribery?? Or perhaps flashing....
Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #29
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Bin Laden clearly wants Bush in the White House because he (Bush) has provided the best possible terrorist training camp and recruiting station combined right there in Iraq.

He (Bin Laden) also knows that seeing the face of Public Enemy Number One on the telly will make wavering voters lean towards Bush.
That's kinda my thoughts as well. God knows, Iraq was a distraction from the 'war on terror'.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:41 PM   #30
inked
Elf Lord

Guys, keep it down! If the Kerry campaign gets wind of this, they'll demand equal time for Johnny boy!!! SSHHhh!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:03 PM   #31
jerseydevil

I told jonathan today that I'm going to have stickers and buttons made for him that say "Sweden - bin Ladin approved". I think that's a catchy slogan - don't you guys?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-01-2004, 10:30 PM   #32
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janny
Did anyone else hear anything over a supposed sighting of Osama bin Laden this morning UK time? I heard a brief thing, but it hasn't been on the news since.
If you are talking about the one I heard about - I think it actually happened a couple of weeks ago or something. By the time it was relayed back - it was too late. Pakistan feels that bin Ladin is heading to his winter quarters - wherever that may be.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-02-2004, 03:55 AM   #33
jerseydevil

I found this to be an interestng post on Al Jazeera -

Quote:
i do not believe in someone called bin laden.us has invented this person in order to have reasons to kill innocent people in palestine and iraq and in all the islamic world.the aim of us is give a bad picture about islam.islam is a religion of peace.it is a war against islam and muslims.
abdou from Maroc
Some people will believe anything.

Official: Bin Laden’s video made no threat

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-02-2004, 05:13 AM   #34
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
I told jonathan today that I'm going to have stickers and buttons made for him that say "Sweden - bin Ladin approved". I think that's a catchy slogan - don't you guys?
Hey, what? Who's talking about Sweden?
*points to location* ...
Quote:
Old 11-02-2004, 12:01 PM   #35
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Who thinks it's important what bin Ladin has to really say? I find it rather funny (strange) that he's saying how he wants to explain his position on 9/11. I have a feeling he is trying to catch us off guard, trying to make it seem like "hey we can all get along" - while he intends to attack us anyway. I don't really think it's important what he says to us at all.
I think that he is coming of as a modern day Annatar, yet as he walks, the fair form he presents ripples like a cloak, and the flames are shown beneath, revealing him to be evil, and his fair guise should not, and will not, fool people.

If you undarstood all that metaphorising, then you are cleverer than me!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:24 PM   #36
jerseydevil

BTW - I read this several days ago - but with the elections never posted it. The bin Ladin trascript had been released of the whole tape by al Jazeera - Bin Ladin is now claiming that the goal is to bankrupt the US by having us run around chasing ghosts.

Quote:
Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S.
Al-Jazeera releases full transcript of al Qaeda leader's tape
Monday, November 1, 2004 Posted: 8:07 PM EST (0107 GMT)

(CNN) -- The Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera released a full transcript Monday of the most recent videotape from Osama bin Laden in which the head of al Qaeda said his group's goal is to force America into bankruptcy.

Al-Jazeera aired portions of the videotape Friday but released the full transcript of the entire tape on its Web site Monday.

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.

He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.

Al-Jazeera executives said they decided to post the entire speech because rumors were circulating that the network omitted parts that "had direct threats toward specific states, which was totally untrue."

"We chose the most newsworthy parts of the address and aired them. The rest was used in lower thirds in graphics format," said one official.

U.S. intelligence officials Monday confirmed that the transcript made public Monday by Al-Jazeera was a complete one.

As part of the "bleed-until-bankruptcy plan," bin Laden cited a British estimate that it cost al Qaeda about $500,000 to carry out the attacks of September 11, 2001, an amount that he said paled in comparison with the costs incurred by the United States.

"Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

The total U.S. national debt is more than $7 trillion. The U.S. federal deficit was $413 billion in 2004, according to the Treasury Department.

"It is true that this shows that al Qaeda has gained, but on the other hand it shows that the Bush administration has also gained, something that anyone who looks at the size of the contracts acquired by the shady Bush administration-linked mega-corporations, like Halliburton and its kind, will be convinced.

"And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their economy."

As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America.

"So the war went ahead, the death toll rose, the American economy bled, and Bush became embroiled in the swamps of Iraq that threaten his future," bin Laden said.

U.S. government officials said Friday that the tape appeared to be authentic and recently made. It was the first videotaped message from the al Qaeda leader in nearly three years.
So now his goal isnt't to have our streets run red with our blood? It's funny how he thinks he has so much power and he goes and on with the ridiculous rhetoric. This new report makes me feel that he isn't as strong as he once was - not that we should let down our guard - but I think he is weakened.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-04-2004, 03:39 PM   #37
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
No axes, merely amused observaton Janny!

Nurv, I think this has come up afore now, but I'll be 50 in April next! Someone told me they liked older men!!!! and who am I to disagree?

It was BoP, I think! Flattery however did not get my pantssssss!!!!

Dang old man! It was the old lady (me) who told you she liked older men (you are 2 years older than me ) Trying to flirt with the uber young gals.....
Old 11-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #38
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

If only Binny was now a Ghost!!! I hope Georgey gets him soon and gets him good. I voted for Bush because I think (hope) he'll get Binny in the behind for all of us here in NY. Hopefully it will envolve embarresment as well as justice...... Feeling a bit mean concerning The Bin.

Bush is also my boss, and though I don't always like his directions, I happily voted for him both times because I think he means what he says, he openly professes his belief in Christ unashamed, and has a good tailor.

Whew....a little humor goes a long way to make me feel better.....all better now, back to another thread....

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #39
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
Bush ... and has a good tailor.
I wasn't certain we were ready for our first Botox President...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:04 PM   #40
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
So now his goal isnt't to have our streets run red with our blood? It's funny how he thinks he has so much power and he goes and on with the ridiculous rhetoric. This new report makes me feel that he isn't as strong as he once was - not that we should let down our guard - but I think he is weakened.
He's been hiding in his cave so long that he has lost touch with the situation, if you ask me. He's been outmanoeuvred and he doesn't like it but IMO he is no longer in control of the terrorists. Splinter groups are springing up with or without Al Qaida. The only thing that gives him the idea he's still a major player is making these silly videos.

Last edited by Earniel : 11-04-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote