Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2004, 12:23 AM   #21
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
But most of all i dont wanna see those damn Swedes win it
Well - I'll root for the Swedes - although I probably won't watch it at all. I'll see how I feel when they play. Jonathan has it in his sig - so it'll be easy to remember when.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 07:37 AM   #22
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Can someone tell me when each of the EU countries vote for their countries parlimentary representatives?
Thursday: The Netherlands, UK
Friday: Ireland
Friday & Saturday: Czech Rep
Saturday: Latvia and Malta
Saturday & Sunday: Italy
Sunday: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #23
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Well, Raul is my favorite player, I dont wanna see France or England win (although I reall want to watch the game tomorrow), Casillas is brilliant and Ireland isnt in it. But most of all i dont wanna see those damn Swedes win it
Spain benefits from some kind of 'near host effect'. They're close enough to Portugal to understand the geography, culture and climate, but they don't have the burden of the expectation that falls on the actual host. So Spain can do really well this year.
And just you wait, Sweden will do great!

Quote:
JD going off topic
On thinking on this - I guess they did it since the host country is Portugal - and therefore the voyage of Columbus is appropriate to be represented for the host country.
Yup, Portugal has had many famous explorers. Diaz, Da Gama, Magalhães etc.
Quote:
JD going EVEN MORE off topic
Can someone tell me when each of the EU countries vote for their countries parlimentary representatives? I know some countries have already voted. I'm surprised they don't have it all on the same day.
No idea when the other countries vote but Sweden votes today. Actually I’m off to vote right now.
The states in America don’t have their primaries on the same day.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:19 AM   #24
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
They've been nagging about it for about six months now on Swedish tv. That and the European elections.

Sports and politics, the only two subjects that interests the people at Sveriges Television. And of course they don't give a hoot about what the rest of us thinks (just forcing us to pay for the licence).
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:55 AM   #25
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
No idea when the other countries vote but Sweden votes today. Actually I’m off to vote right now.
The states in America don’t have their primaries on the same day.
Side thing again - but this isn't primary is it? This is the actual vote. From seeing Frence News this is winner take all - they have been repeating over and over that this there is no second phase to the election like they normally have in their country. Whoever wins now will be the EU representatives. As for Congress - we don't have primaries for that - we only have primaries for president and those aren't even open to everyone for voting - generally only members of that party get to vote in those elections. But national elections do all occur on the same day.

Thanks for the info Sun-Star. I was trying to figure out if the elections were drawn out for the week or if they were close together. Or if it was even going to possibly be over the course of a month or two.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-13-2004 at 12:00 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:40 PM   #26
Jonathan

Did anyone see that?! England was in the lead by 1-0 until the 90th minute, when France scored two goals (one of them a penalty) and won by 2-1!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #27
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

LOLOL God that was funny!

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:45 PM   #28
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Did anyone see that?! England was in the lead by 1-0 until the 90th minute, when France scored two goals (one of them a penalty) and won by 2-1!
Yah, and i cant stop laughing. As much as i hate France, i hate England even more.

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:49 PM   #29
sun-star
Lady of Letters

So, apparently we lost or something Janny's too depressed to talk.

For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #30
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

I think that England should have won this match. They played much better. France was today only a shadow of what they used to.

But I'm happy that Beckham failed the penalty
Old 06-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #31
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Portugal kick off Euro 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...04/3796963.stm

Quote:
The Euro 2004 championships have begun with the shock defeat of host nation Portugal by Greece, who won 2-1.
A nice start for Greece.

Question to those more knowledgeable about Euro 2004.

Is it similar to olympic hockey with two rounds of play? (Qualifying round and Medal round)

[edit]
ACtually looking at the above website, it seems that the top 2 teams from each of the four groups will qualify for the next round.
[/edit]

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 06-13-2004 at 11:37 PM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:52 AM   #32
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

LMAO

Police to let England fans smoke dope

I think I'll let that one speak for itself.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:00 AM   #33
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

My god, the stench of schadenfreude is overpowering.

I would say that the better team won, though I thought that England deserved at least a draw for the way they defended. However, they were outclassed in midfield and for most of the game it felt like watching Scotland (i.e. get 11 men behind the ball, try to score a breakaway and cheer every time you win a throw-in).

What is Emile Heskey doing in an England shirt? And what was Steven Gerard doing full stop??

Lisbon is pretty liberal about cannabis, so there's nothing unusual there, but they're probably right, if they handed out free spliffs to every England fan you'd be guaranteed a violence-free evening.

I'm supporting Sweden too. Henrik Larsson is a god where I come from.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:31 AM   #34
Dwarven Sen
Elven Warrior

I just have to say that any manchester city fan could have told you our goalie was useless. I don't know why he is on any team let alone an international one. Being in scotland and living with welshies meant i didn't have anyone to have a concilatory drink with. And i got woken up at three in the morning by mangled drunken 3 lions lyrics from drunken scottish celebrators. Woe is me...

Dont heckle the supervillain

Note to Self: Remember that sarcasm is hard to detect from text.

What ever you do, don't click this link!

my LJ
Dwarven Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:20 PM   #35
Maedhros
The Tall

Quote:
Well, Raul is my favorite player, I dont wanna see France or England win (although I reall want to watch the game tomorrow), Casillas is brilliant and Ireland isnt in it. But most of all i dont wanna see those damn Swedes win it
Iker Casillas is brilliant? Not in Real Madrid he isn't. He is a good goalkeeper but he has had his fair shares of boo boos.
I have always thought that Raul is overrated.
Just before the Italy - Denmark game , I have to go with Italy 2-0.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #36
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer
I'm supporting Sweden too. Henrik Larsson is a god where I come from.
Yeah, Celtic did really well this year. After the World Cup, Larsson wasn't supposed to play on the national team anymore, but he changed his mind and now the whole country is very happy that he's coming to Portugal.

Italy played quite badly, the game between them and Denmark ended 0-0.
In 45 minutes, Sweden will face Bulgaria. Go us
Old 06-14-2004, 02:17 PM   #37
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
Iker Casillas is brilliant? Not in Real Madrid he isn't. He is a good goalkeeper but he has had his fair shares of boo boos.
I have always thought that Raul is overrated.
Just before the Italy - Denmark game , I have to go with Italy 2-0.
I agree that Raul is overrated. I hope that Torres will have more minutes in the next match instead of Raul. He's out ot of shape.

But I do think Casillas is a great great goalkeeper. It's true that at the en of the Liga he hasn't been in his best, but he has being saving very importants points to Real Madrid in the last years.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:05 PM   #38
Maedhros
The Tall

If Casillas is a great goalkeeper, then Buffon has to be the God of the goalkeepers.

The Del Piero- Totti combination was off today. You could really see that Pipo was missed today.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:55 PM   #39
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

I didn't see today matches. It seems that Sweden has begun very strongly: 5-0 to Bulgaria Congrats Jonathan
Old 06-14-2004, 04:59 PM   #40
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Well, well! Grattis söta bror!

GO SWEDEN!