Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2004, 10:17 PM   #21
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: So fun. Enter Tasslehoff Proudfoot

ic: "There are avacados there? I'm saved! Hurry, let's go!" Will exclaimed, very relieved. The avacados would negate the nasty effects of the sea-salt, and restore his flawless complexion to it's normal soft luster.

Meanwhile, in Hobbiton . . .

A terrified (I can't spell today, forgive me!) shriek peirced the normally still atmosphere of Hobbiton. A frightened Hobbit, the source of the unearthly scream, tore through the muddy streets. He dared not glance back at his pursuer, for fear that he would be frozen in terror. He kept running, but heard his pursuer closing in on him.

Desperate, he turned blindly around a sharp corner. He ducked under a low-hanging beam, one that would certianly slow his pursuer, who was much taller than he.

He ran until he couldn't run any more, and found himself next to the Water, almost at the edge of Hobbiton.

"TASSLEHOFF PROUDFOOT!" was all he heard before he began running again, though much more slowly. He glanced behind him, just once, and saw the scariest thing he had ever seen in his life.

But that one glance was all it took. The weakened and frightened Hobbit slipped on the muddy ground, and tumbled into the Water.

Back in the Carribean

Will was just finishing up his lecture on how avacados help the skin tremendously, when something grabbed his ankle. He emitted a yelp of surprise, and was pulled under. He fought whatever it was off, and came back to the surface. He looked down into the pristine water, and saw what looked like a small child struggling in the water.

ooc: Wow, that is one of the longest posts I've ever done before. Go me!

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #22
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

As Will pulled something out of the water, i noticed what it was and jumped to my feet in a shriek.
"What in blazes are you screaming about, woman?!" Jack yelled at me.
"It's a hobbit, from the shire! How did he get here! Hobbits have no source of magic!"
"First of all there is no such thing as magic missy, and second of all that looks like a child to me."
"No, no, no it's a hobbit defintly a hobbit, poor thing. But how..." I went on to ponder as Jack looked at me as if i was crazy.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:53 PM   #23
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Are we near shore? Oh well, if we're not then I'll edit

ic: Tasslehoff was set down on the warm sand, very grateful to be on solid ground. He was still more then slightly scared, which wasn't surprising, considering what had just happened. "I'm Tasslehoff Proudfoot, a Hobbit of the Shire, like she says."

"And where is this Shire?" Will asked.

"I don't rightly know how to get to it," Tasslehoff said, "Because I've never been out of it." He looked around the strange place. "Except for now, it would seem."

"How did you get here?" the lady asked him.

"Well, I was running for my very life. Gandalf was going to kill me, I'm sure of it. The way he bellowed! I've never seen anyone that angry before," He took a few steadying breaths to calm down. "Anyways, I was running next to the Water, and I slipped, and fell in. And then I reached out to grab anything I could - we Hobbits can't swim, you know - and I ended up grabbing his ankle," he pointed to Will.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #24
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

ooc: yes we are on an island.

ic: "Gandalf! What did you do?!" I asked raising my sword. Anyone who could anger Gandalf that much, must be of bad news, i thought.
"Now, now missy there's no reason to be so hasty!" Jack said putting himself between me and the hobbit.
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 04-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #25
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Hroom hoom, must not be hasty.

ic: "D-do?" Tasslehoff asked, panic rising at the sight of the angry lady threatening his with a sword.

Thankfully, the strange-looking guy jumped in, and kept the Hobbit from having to sew any limbs back on.

"I didn't do anything!" Tasslehoff said, "I found this sparkly little-" He stopped, and dug through his pockets. He breathed a sigh of relief when his fingers clapsed around the object he had discovered. "This little something," he finshed. "But then Gandalf wanted it, said 'it wasn't something a mischevious Hobbit should have'. Mischevious? Bah!" He paused. "Okay, maybe just a little bit, but not a lot. Anyways, I asked him what it was, and he wouldn't tell me. He just looked at me funny, and told me to hand it over. I figured that he was just jealous that I had found something that he hadn't. So I took off, and he chased me. Got all angry, and started shouting."

"Did it ever cross your mind that the thing might have belonged to him?" Will asked.

Tasslehoff thought about that for a moment, "No."

Old 04-29-2004, 11:53 PM   #26
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

woah, i have not posted in so long

this'll be short, but to the point

ic: Estella was wading through ankle-deep water on the bank of the Brandywine; across the river she saw a strange sight: a hobbit was fleeing from a large fiery figure she barely recognised as Gandalf; he seemed taller, vicious and terrible to see. She cast herself behind a growth of reeds, the tips of her sun-yellow hair in the clear water. Her eyes widened: the hobbit had vanished suddenly; it was as he had sunk into the river, but at that point it was too shallow to have encased his whole body. Gandalf cursed, and suddenly looked up into Estella's eyes. Within the time it took the hobbit to blink, Gandalf was across the River and standing by her.

"Estella Bolger, do you know that hobbit?" he asked gently.

"Tasslehoff Proudfoot, Gandalf?" Estella stuttered. "Yes…"

"He is in possession of something of great value – I need you to try and recover it. You are already related to him distantly by blood; in this it will be easier for you to follow him. Are you willing to help me?"

Estella nodded uncertainly. Gandalf touched her on the forehead gingerly with his staff and she closed her eyes; when she opened them again she was on the beach of an island, nowhere near she had ever seen before. She was dry now, and her yellow dress and blue vest had been replaced with brown breeches, a long shirt and a short sword. In the distance she could see two humans and her kinsman; she did not think they had sighted her as yet. She slowly began to make her way towards them.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!

Last edited by Eärloth : 05-08-2004 at 08:13 AM.
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:26 PM   #27
Gulio, Strength of Many

Tasslehoff was in the middle of reciting his entire family history (including all his distant relations), when he happened to spot one of those distant relatons walking towards them on the beach.

"Estella!" he cried, once the Hobbit came close enough for him to recognize her. "What are you doing here?"

Last edited by Gulio, Strength of Many : 05-09-2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #28
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

ooc: Aiya, I actually just forgot my own character's name -- she's estella, not esmerelda, my god... dw bout that; i changed it, but bugger to anyone else having to

ic: Estella froze, taken aback, staring fixedly at her cousin. "I'm – nothing," was all she could retrieve from the scattered thoughts in her mind. She was not certain, considering the way he had fled from Gandalf, that Tasslehoff would so gladly relinquish whatever it was he had. "I've no idea – what are you doing here?" she asked, staring at each of the characters before her in turn.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #29
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

"well," Jack sighed, "I live in the Caribbean well on it i should say I'm CAPTAIN Jack sparrow, you've probably heard of me...." trails on to talk about himself.
"And i have no idea how i got here!" said Daisaleen.
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 05-09-2004, 01:04 AM   #30
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: It wouldn't take something like that to make ME run from Gandalf. He's scary! And don't worry 'bout it, Earloth. I've forgotten my character's name so many times . . .

ic: "I am Will Turner," Will said, rather befuddled at the sudden appearance of another 'Hobbit', as Daisaleen called them.

"I don't know what I'm doing here," Tasslehoff replied. "One minute I was running for my life, the next - POOF! - I'm here."