Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #21
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

spolier ooc: ooc = funky gibbons, you are right, crub, spoiler

... right how do you do em' spolier thingies then?

TD you cannot, i repeat CANNOT compare the Prancing Pony to the unforsaken Inn!

yours, The absent landlord. ... end of unspoilt funky ooc.

.................................................. ....
"dragons, you say? Dragons near the pony! You don't say, Nob! What are we coming to? dark times..."

Butterbur looked askance at Nob who had just brought these new disturbing tidings to him.

Nob was standing in his old-fashioned stripy swimming costume, his hairy large feet still wet from paddling in the incoming tide on the beach's edge, a bucket and spade in his hand still.

"heh! Bob! you woolly pated slow coach" shouted Butterbur "where are those iced-creams?"

"well, i'm a busy man and no mistake" muttered barliaman more from habit than fact, as he reclined even deeper into his hammock on the beach, half-heartedly adjusting the white corner-tied hankee on his head ... "can't be rushing around back to the pony just now ...."

well, no doubt good old Curubethion would look after the pony for him, while he was on vacation...
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #22
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

OOC: To use spoiler tags, just put the word "spoiler" in the [] symbols. Don't forget to use the tags like this: [tag]modified text[/tag].
Does that answer the absent landlord's question?
And about "Forsaken Inn": first of all, that thread looks like it died...and all things die for a reason...
And secondly, it's got a timeframe different from the one we're using.
BTW BB I like that last line in your sig!

"Well, then, my rohirrim buddy, what are we waiting for?" exclaimed Curubethion. "Just give me a couple of seconds to pack my stuff and find someone to keep an eye on the Pony. Anyone want to watch it for me?"
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-10-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #23
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

question answered aye!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #24
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

welcome back, Daphne

Acalewia glanced up at Curubethion. She was now in a tight spot. Faramir had saved her life long ago. She had been present at their wedding at his and Eowyn's bidding
"What does your mother suffer from, Lady Daphne? Has her hurt returned?"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #25
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

When the rider turned around he saw who had walked in, "amazing, Daphne of Ithilien, here, do your parents still have those bay horses I trained for them?, as i remember they were out of King Eomers private stable".greeted Eohelm.

spoilers are fun hee hee
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #26
rohirrim TR

Then remembering something, he turned back to curubethion and asked "by the way, do you have a horse? or do you want me to find you one?"
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #27
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

quote Curub: BTW BB I like that last line in your sig! .........BB: eh????
Old 10-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #28
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

"Of course I've got a horse!" replied the ranger. "Isn't this the Prancing Pony? "

He ran towards the front counter, then stopped as a thought struck him.

"Do you wish to come along, Master Brandybuck, or will you mind the inn?"
Doesn't everyone call you BB? At least that's how you signed your letters .
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #29
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn
Hobbit

"My lady, I know not what hurt you mean as my mother has not mentioned any injury to me. Obviously I assumed that she may have hurt herself on a horse but not any serious damage. Why? What hurt? Please, tell me. I am worried sick."

Daphne then turned to Eohelm. "Yes, I remember the bay horses you trained for my father. We still have them, they are wonderful to ride. In fact I rode one here but I must hasten to save my mother."

Hello, I'm Daphne and yes, I am THE daughter of Rohan's very own shieldmaiden Eowyn daughter of Eomund and niece to the late King Theoden sister to the new King Eomer.
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #30
rohirrim TR

I'm sorry my lady, i don't quite understand, where are you going? and why? does your fair mother require saving?

hey daphne i didn't quite understand your last post, what happened exactly
Quote:
Old 10-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #31
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Elanor fiddled her thumbs in frustration. The town meeting was running long, and all the old hobbits did was talk. She wanted to throttle them and cry, "There's a dragon on the borders of the Shire and all you can do is debate about what so-and-so's grandfather would have done and what he actually did and how it impacted so-and-so's potato crops! My children are in danger, and we have to do something!"

But she knew it would do no good. Old hobbits were old hobbits, and they would only pat her on the head as if she were still a little girl and tell her to worry about her own household. Well, her household was in danger and she was going to protect it! If Fastred weren't off visiting friends she knew he would go anywhere she asked, but as the situation was, Elanor had to do something herself. She wasn't the daughter of the great Samwise for nothing.

Finally the meeting was over, and nothing had been decided. Elanor rushed to her sister Rosie's hobbit hole and knocked on the round door.

"Elanor? What's wrong? Your children are fine, they've all gone to sleep."

"Thanks for watching them, Rose. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave them with you for a while." Elanor knew Rosie wouldn't mind, and her own children were capable of helping out.

"What are you up to?"

"I'm going to Bree," said Elanor somberly. "Someone has to do something besides talk, and it seems that I'm the only one who will. Tell Fastred when he gets back from Tuckborough, will you?" Rosie simply nodded, and helped Elanor load up a pack with plenty of food and supplies. Wrapping a warm cloak around her, Elanor set off in the direction of Buckland.

Segovia Mazes
Elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #32
Kafei
Sapling

Sam Gamgee

An obvious twinge of fear had befallen the hobbit when he heard the Rangers speak of dragons. It was a fear he had undoubtedly acquired from dear old Mr. Bilbo's tales, but one, apparently, that he didn't draw quite so much enjoyment from as did his fellow hobbits. It appeared to be a dreadful fear, for he had been rooted to the spot for quite some time when he finally broke from his distant gaze and lowered his pipe. Arthur sluggishly looked about the room and lay his pipe on the table. Spotting Curubethion, he arose and started for the counter.

"I am honored to serve you, Master -- the last remnant of the great people, the Men of the West," he said with a deep bow. "Though I await the meeting of the rest of my company, who travel from Northern Mirkwood, it would be my pleasure to assist you until their arrival." He smiled. "What would you have me do?"
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Omnia nuda et aperta sunt ante oculos Eius"

Last edited by Kafei : 10-14-2005 at 02:13 AM.
Kafei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:46 PM   #33
Acalewia

"I am sorry, Lady Daphne. I thought you knew. Your mother's hurt from a great battle" Acalewia reached for her pouch. " I am no great elf lady. The only thing I have that will help Lady Eowyn may be this." She handed her the pouch. "Athelas. It has great healing power. I donot know what has caused her illness though." She glanced at Eohelm and Curubethion.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 PM   #34
rohirrim TR

well then my friends, do you wish to leave immediately or head out at dawn?
Quote:
Old 10-17-2005, 05:27 PM   #35
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Butterbur was dozing amiacbly on his hammock by the sea ... he was having odd dreams ... unbeknownst to him he was getting redder and redder as the sun bore down .... only Nob's beetroot burn was glowing redder than butterbur's ...

in his dreams the green dragon had arisen and won the best ale contest ... and the red dragon loomed in his thoughts ....their darts team trouncing the pony ....

with a start he woke and wondered what these portentious dreams might mean?

Nob simmered happily on ....
Old 10-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #36
Acalewia

Acalewia stood.
"I don't know about you two, but I must head south. Faramir is a close friend of mine. I shall go when you are ready, Daphne, Lady of Ithilien." She turned to the Ranger and the Rider. "I will join you when I can."

Old 10-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #37
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

The door burst open and a little hobbit woman with soggy blonde hair ran into the common room of the Prancing Pony.

"Are there any Rangers here? I've seen a dragon north of the Shire!"

The tall Men all looked curiously at the panicky little hobbit. "Please," she cried. "My children are in danger and no one knows what to do. My only hope was to come here and get help. Could we get news to the King? Surely he'd want to know that a dragon has been seen in the North."

Frantically looking around the inn, Elanor waited for a response.

Segovia Mazes
Old 10-17-2005, 06:12 PM   #38
rohirrim TR

"perhaps the dragon will come to us", commented Eohelm to Curubethion.
"but come now, my good holbytla, tell us what you know over a hot drink, you look tired" said Eohelm looking down at the distraught hobbit.
Quote:
Old 10-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #39
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Elanor gratefully took the small cup she was offered. She quickly told Eohelm, Curubethion, and Acalewia her story as the others looked on.

"It was above the Hills of Evendim?" queried Eohelm with a concerned look.

"Yes," replied Elanor, "And I took the news to the Mayor and his council, but they couldn't agree on anything long enough to make a decision, so I came here, in hopes that some Ranger might still feel some responsibility for the Shire. We are a quiet land, and have no warriors but a few of us who still try to learn the skills we were taught by Meriadoc Brandybuck and Peregrin Took. There is not much we can do if the dragon decides to attack the Shire."

She took a deep breath and continued, "I can try to lead you to where I saw the dragon, and I have the book of Bilbo Baggins, the only hobbit ever to speak with a dragon." She pulled a large book from her knapsack, well-protected by oilskins and covered in red leather. "Do you think this might be of some help?" She looked hopefully at the rest of the people in the inn.

Segovia Mazes
Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #40
rohirrim TR

"well, i don't know this part of middle earth very well, but, it seems likely enough to start over there as well as anywhere," said Eohelm, then continuing,"at the very least there is good grass and water for our horses, what say the rest of my comrades?"
Quote: