Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #21
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

OOC: I'm glad so many of you joined

IC:

Narewien sat asleep in a chair, when she was suddenly awakened by a woman shaking her.
"Huh?!" She registered her surroundings, "Oh." She stretched and stood back up. How long had she been sleeping? "Thanks for waking me" She called as she started gathering a pile of empty mugs and plates. She recognized the woman's face, though she could not fit a name to it. She came here regularly. Narewien was not sure why, but she suspected that the woman had the same feeling about the inn as she did. The strange feeling that seemed to hang in the air when the voices died down, that something was going to happen here. Something of importance to her.
"NAREWIEN!"
The sound of her name being called made her push these thoughts into the back of her head as she went to wait on more tables, muttering about how she needed a new job.

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 11:59 PM   #22
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Hmmm... Something important... something important... AHA!
(Here's a reaaalllly long post for you all to read. )

Ic: Ganala (Jaanaalaa) the Indigo sat in the corner of the loud and noisy room. For the thousandth time she wondered why this particular fire was so perfect for scrying. You would think that the library fires, with all of the power of the books around them, would be good for seeing things, but this was better.
The Librarian rearranged her novice wizard's robes and looked closer into the fire. In a book, there was an obscure reference to a great war that supposedly encompassed almost all of Middle Earth, and was extremely important. Try as she might, Ganala hadn't been able to find anything else that referenced the giant war. She had been forced to sneak here to look into the fire for guidance.
"Mithrandir indo siani tusirsic jaskasdusa" the slithery words of magic in one of the few actual written spells rolled quietly off of her tongue, and a figure in white appeared silently in the fire.
Making sure no one saw, she leaned closer.
"Gandalf! Father!" (Remember, he was young a loooonnng time ago, and she's half-elven; he had to depart before tellling her of the Ring and all of that, though.)
"My Ganala! You have come your second time these seven years. Remember that you may do so only once more until the seven are up!"
"Yes, father. But I need to know some information. Was there a war during your time? A really large war, one that could have had a major impact on the world?"
Gandalf looked uncharacteristically amazed, and his mouth actually dropped slightly.
"Would that I did not depart Middle Earth with the Elves! Humans need looking after! Forgetting the war of the Ring!"
Ganala drew in her breath. "What about it!"
The old wizard opened his mouth, then a look of worry came over his face. "Ganala, I must go. Let me go, now!"
"But what...?" There came a roaring noise from the fireplace, loud enough to hear all over.
"Find the Fellowship's descendants! The book of the Wise will tell you more!" he shouted. "Cut the connection!"
Ganala hesitated, and, in that moment, the roar reached a crescendo and the fire exploded outwards, knocking Ganala back into darkness.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:02 AM   #23
littleCat
Elven Warrior

occ: can I join?Here's my char....
Name:Maltafennaswen the Purple(malta for short)
Forefathers: Galadriel and Gandalf(if Kallile doesn't mind)
race: half wizard, half elf
weapons: a glaive(it's like a spear, but with a curved blade and point) ice spells(if she's angry) and archery.

"I'm not weird, I'm GIFTED!"

I'm really okay.......
littleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:11 AM   #24
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

OOC Everyone is welcome to join, but you'll have to see if Kalile minds you being that character Btw, welcome to the Moot!

IC:

A sudden roar of noise broke out across the room. There were several shouts of surprise and the sound of mugs falling to the floor and breaking as a voice shouted "Find the Fellowship's descendants! The book of the Wise will tell you more!" Suddenly, the hearth fire exploded and a girl in indigo robes was knocked backwards in a burst of flames.
"What the?!" Narewien dropped what she was carrying and ran to her. She didn't look like she was badly hurt from the fire. "Hey! Can you hear me?" She shook her. "Come on, get up."

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 09-06-2003, 01:22 AM   #25
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

"Oh, god! She did it bloody again! Ganala!"

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 09-06-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:23 AM   #26
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Narewien looked up. "You know her? Wait-you mean she does this all the time? What is she, some sort of wizard?"

Old 09-06-2003, 01:26 AM   #27
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: Ya, welcome LittleCat!

ic: After draining one last pint, Kâri left for the room that had been her home for almost a year now. When she got into her room, she closed and locked her door. She drew her family heirloom from her belt. Gimli's axe glittered in the firelight. How ironic that this is the bane of my life, but would be anyone else's treasure, she thought bitterly. She was never supposed to possess this precious piece of history in the first place. She remembered the day her life fell apart, the day she inherieted Gimli's axe. NO! She shut the memory away, not wanting to revisit the pain again.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 05:40 AM   #28
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

um, aren't we abusing the concept of this rpg? maybe a descendant of Gandalf, but Gandalf and Galdriel? what kind of affair is that? plus, Gandalf is a maiar, and we won't attemp to go int that. anywho, just a rpg, carry on.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:33 AM   #29
Legoles

"Not all the time, but still, it worries the heck outta me." The tall girl that was hiding in the shadows.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 09-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #30
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Here I go.

ic: I paced my stall in frustration. I was bored and annoyed of all the noise and hustle of the stables. Humans bringing in their horsea dn ponies and mules. I took a nibble of my carrots and paced some more. I could not wait to leave the stables for my walk. My master was inside talking to her father and buying an ale or two. Well she better leave something for me for all this waiting.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:32 PM   #31
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

"Ai, Ganala!" I called to the wizard. "Can I talk to you? Privately?" I had something very important to tell her, and I didn't want the whole tavern and town knowing it.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:47 PM   #32
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Alliwin rode fast, and hard away from the evil chasing her. "Help!" She said, praying that the tavern was not to far away from here. A black rider on a black horse pulled in front of her own, making it to buck up. "Whoa, Panawin!"
Alliwin pulled the reins on her horse, and sent her speeding off to the right. She suddenly saw bright lights coming from what looked like a small village, and galloped as fast as she could there. 'Ah!' She thought. 'There it is!' She saw the inn, and pulled Panawin to a stop. She jumped off, her friend, Alexiel the snow leopard by her side, and burst through the door, breathing heavily.
"Help me...please, the Nazgul...they have found me." And with that she passed out on the floor.

Last edited by Lady Arwen56 : 09-06-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:06 PM   #33
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

"Nazgul!" I hissed. I made sure I had my sword and daggers, then darted outside. But the only thing I saw was a black horse and rider darting away. I stopped, disappointed that I had missed my chance to fight a Nazgul. I stayed outside for a few minutes to make sure it didn't come back. There was no sign of it, so I turned to go back in. Just then, I heard a scream that pierced my soul. It was the sound of death, of ultimate pain and suffering. I whipped around, but there wasn't anything in sight. That sound...I had heard that sound in my nightmares. It wasn't a good sound. And I didn't like it at all. I ran inside and went over to the girl who had collapsed on the floor. "Hey. Hey, are you alright? Wake up, girl, come on." I shook her, hoping she wasn't feeling the effects of The Black Breath. Come on, please be alright. Wake up...
Old 09-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #34
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Narewien watched as a woman with a snow leopard ran into the inn and fell to the floor, unconcious.
"Oh no, how many times will this happen tonight?!" She went quickly over to the rider and helped her up.
"It's allright, you're safe. We'll help you. What were you talking about? What are Nazgul ?" She didn't know what the word meant, but it struck fear in her heart all the same.

Old 09-06-2003, 10:15 PM   #35
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
Alliwin was awaken by a man who was shaking her, and she turned onto her side, coughing hard, a black poison type stuff choked out of her mouth, and drained onto the floor. Her elven ears were revealed, and everyone sort of intook a breath.
"...Nazgul...are they gone?" She whispered, sitting up, her energy nearly gone.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #36
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Aragorn Took came into the back entrance of the tavern, he had been there many times and was used to people staring at his stature. He turned into the common room to find a woman laying on the ground, "Narewien, what happened?" He asked. "I haven't seen something like this in years, the last time was when-" His voice fell short. "Not them, not now." He shook his head. He looked at his friend, waiting for an anwser.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:02 AM   #37
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: My theory is that Gandalf was once 20 years old. Galadriel was too. So Gandalf has two children that he didn't know about until recently. After he went to the Grey Havens.
littleCat, we'll have to be twins, you know. I don't think that Gandalf and Galadriel were soul-mates with an extended relationship or anything.

Hey, Scirius, can you talk or communicate telepathically or something? That would be the easiest, though not necessary.

Ic: Ganala sat up, shaking her head. "Damn!" If she hadn't hesitated, then maybe nothing would have happened. Now the Elders would surely hear of her disobedience and dangerous meddling. Perhaps even the Wise would be told. And in the meantime, what had happened to Gandalf? What had been trying to get through?

Voices broke into her contemplation. Someone asked for a private conversation, but before she could answer, someone else passed out on the floor. "Nazgul." "Nazgul." Something nagged at the back of Genala's mind, and she closed her eyes, letting the information drift into her thoughts. Suddenly she gasped. A passage from the same book that told of the war had mentioned Nazgul, and the World Bestiary mentioned Nazgul, but she had had to do quite a bit of research to know about them more, and the thought that they were around filled her with dread. Apparently they had once been human, but had somehow been turned to great evil.
Genala shuddered, and hugged her knees.
This can't be happening.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:06 AM   #38
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

"Oh, Aragorn!" Narewien turned, surprised to see that her friend had come in in all of the confusion. "I'm glad you're here. One woman just caused the hearth fire to explode and blacked out on the floor, and then this one burst in and said something about the Nazgul chasing her! Nazgul , I....I never really believed they were real !" She looked around "What can it all mean?"

Old 09-07-2003, 11:22 AM   #39
Legoles

"Nazgul." said the tall girl. She came out of her spot in the shadows, and lowered her hood. "They once were kings, in old times. But they recived 9 rings that led them astray." Then she started chanting an old poem

"Three for the elven lords, wizest and fairest of all. Seven for the dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen. Nine rings, nine rings for the race of men, with the will to govern and rule. But another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount doom, the dark lord Sauron cast another ring. And into this ring he poured his hatred, his cruelty, and his will to dominate all others."

"Sauron controlled the 9 rings and corrupted their masters. Only three of the dwarven rings remain, and the three, their powers are no longer working."

PADFOOT LIVES!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:47 PM   #40
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Estaramir sat quietly in the shadows listening to all that was happening. "Nazgul." she whispered to herself. Unfortunately, this was not new to her. In the back of her mind, she could hear the blood chilling shrieks of the Black Riders. The shadowed faces of the Nazgul haunted her once pleasant dreams and their shrieks had never ceased to chase away all light in her world letting the darkness consume her. Though in her dreams she somehow knew that the dark figures were Nazgul, she did not know anything about them. A chill ran up and down her spine as again the shrieks rang in her mind.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 09-09-2003 at 11:29 PM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote