Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2003, 10:17 PM   #21
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Me have IDEA! How about all of us finds a stone, and its a dragons egg thingy? [sorry, splenda rush. Had too much in my iced tea..]
Name: Raven Blackfire
Race: Human/shifter/mage [magic is mostly darker, apperance, and elemental kinds, but has awsome power for her age]
Hair: Black, with dark purple streaks almost to the floor. Worn in a ponytail, or multipule braids
Eyes: Deep purple, with thick drk. purple eyelashes, and dark purple eyebrows
Description: Rather pale face, raven wings that she can attach to her back, maroon colored lips, slightly pointed face, silver nails[natural color] long enough to scratch from an inch or two away
Weaponry: Magic, black handled rapier, hand-carved bow, ash arrows
Items: Black obsiden stone bracelet with a dangling platnium form of a black panther, silver anklet, a bright silver stone [dragon egg]
Personality: Concerned about her troubles and very few others, attitude is slightly indifferent, and usually is very independant of others help
Clothes: low cut v-neck shirt, sleeveless, pants which resemble canvas jeans[strong] very long, Dark purple sash that she ties across her chest, robes that ,when tied, cover her entirely, and make her hard to see in the shadows, or in the dark[ all of her clothes(except sahs) are shadow colored]
Height: 6"3

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 10-14-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:36 PM   #22
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
I like her, hehe, she sounds awesome, legoles. Welcome to Pip's world. *smiles* I think I might post in a bit... Not sure what to do since someone isn't online!

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:00 PM   #23
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sorry, i'm back. um just give me a sec, working on my charactar's background, just 1 more post, then we can start! sorry, i'm just REALLY into this one! I love dragons! *hugs saphira* I got the plot from Eragon, (hence my charactar's name) and everyone should read it! it rox!

ic: Eragon woke, looking up at the webbing of Saphira's wing. He shoved her, waking her up. <wake up!> she gave a loud yawn and stretched out her wings. <can we leave now> he asked. <I don't think its safe> eragon stood painfully, the scabs on his knees cracking. <yes! we have to!>
<if you insist, I cannot deny you, but it is foolishness> She retorted. He took off his shirt ad rpped it in half, stuffing it up his pant's legs, hoping to save his legs. He climbed on her back and they swiftly climbed into the air. Once they flew in view of his home, a black choking smoke billowed from the house. "Faster! Faster!" he yelled aloud and with his mind. Saphira furisously beat her wings. She was in full view, but there was no one for miles and miles. She landed heavily infront of the torn house. Eragon stumbled into the wreckage. His family was no where to be found. He noticed a hand sticking out from under a piece of debris. He uncovered it to ind his uncle, unconsious. <Saphira! I need you!> he called. Saphira's claws threw aside the broken pieces of wood and she lifted the old man up with her teeth. She gently laid him down outside i the snow. <murderers> she said. Eragon looked up at her, tears in is eyes. <no, he can still be saved!> He tried to carry his uncle, but it was useless, he was dead. Eragon cried uncontrolably over the body of his uncle. He lifted his head to see two sets off tracks leading away from the house. Anger burned in his heart. The two cloaked men had killed his family. Saphira gave a loud roar that shook the ground. <wait here> said Eragon. He came back later bearing meat and a big piece of leather. <I am going to make you a saddle> he said. He toiled for hours till he finally strapped the saddle to Saphira and mounted her once again. The thick leather prtected his irratated knees. Again they rose into the air. <Eragon! Wait!> a voice said in his head, but it was not Saphira, it was Brom. Eragon brought Saphira down and hopped off. "How did you do that?" asked Eragon, but Brom just stared blankly at Saphira. "Hello." he said, reaching his hand out to touch her. She bent her head, allowing him to stroke her face. "You can't leave yet. I have something to give you." Brom pulled out a sword. It was long, and the hilt was gold and held a ruby. "It belonged to a rider, long ago." said Brom. "Thank-you!" said Eragon, strapping to sword to his belt. "It is called Zar'roc." said Brom. "Fly, fly to a town about 70 leauges from here, keep Saphira hidden, find someone, called Siuahn. She will help you." Brom embraced Eragon as he climbed upon his dragon. She beat her wings and rose into the air. Saphira tured her head and roared, Brom stood speechless as he watched the dragon fly into the horizon.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:47 PM   #24
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn sat cross-legged with Nyaki's head in her lap. The dragon's eyes were closed and her breathing heavy. She had fallen asleep some hours ago to Siuahn's gentle stroking. Staring out of the cave's mouth, Siuahn watched the clouds slowly glide across the sky. She felt peaceful and content, though there were many things on her mind; where to find food enough to sustain Nyaki's endless appetite. Where to gain enough money to sustain her own appetite. She could not eat raw meat, and Nyaki hadn't quite mastered the technique of cooking things. At least, not without charring what was intended to be eaten.

The young woman jumped as Nyaki awoke with a small, disgruntled snort. <Someone's coming, Siuahn. Be watchful.> Siuahn's eyes immediately went to the land that spread itself out below the mountains. But not a thing was to be seen on the barren hills and fields. <Not there! Up! In the sky.> Nyaki's massive scaled head nudged her in the back, pushing her roughly across the rocky cave floor and making her wince. <Careful! I can't be tossed around. I break easily. Come on now, get up. Let's see if I can get you saddled.> Nyaki's laughter drifted in through Siuahn's mind, making the woman smile as she started to strap the saddle on. <Wait. Dragonkin...> Nyaki's urgent whisper in her head made Siuahn drop the leather contraption. <What?> <Dragonkin, Siuahn.> The dragon picked her rider up and dropped her on her scaley back, heedless of the lack of her saddle. For once in her life, Siuahn forgot how daft she felt in her leather leggings. She was far to glad that her legs remained in one piece.

The pair of them made it maybe a league or two before a distant spot in the sky grew into a gigantic winged form heading straight for them. <Hail them, Nyaki... if you can. Tell them to come down. > Nyaki grunted quietly and soon the two dragons were on the ground, staring at each other uncertainly as their Riders slid carefully and ungracefully from their backs.

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 10-13-2003 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:48 PM   #25
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yeah, thats kinda the idea legoles anywho, yeah. but remember, when the rider touches the hatchling for the first time they get that silver mark where ever they touched the dragon. and the dragons can't talk aloud, just through thier minds. I am forming these dragons after the ones in 'eragon'. lotr doesn't say a whole lot about dragons except for smaug in the hobbit. anywho, thats a god idea legoles

Old 10-13-2003, 12:25 AM   #26
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Um spelling error [god idea] oh well haven't read book yet. What does the mark look like?
*1 year ago*
Raven walked around her village and looked around. Suddenly she tripped over a stone. Wha?' She thought, as she picked herself up, and looked at it. It was a silver stone, with small obsidon black swirls in it shaped as many ravens wing. <Interesting.> She thought. She picked it up carefully so as not to injure it, and carried it home.
*End of flashback*
*Present*
Raven couldn't belive it. Her dragon was finally hatching. After she found the egg, she went home and asked her grand father. He told her what it really was, so she went to a small cave with a natural hot spring, so the egg would keep warm. Today, the egg would hatch. Suddenly the egg cracked, and out came a silver and black scaled dragon, with deep Emerald eyes, and beautiful wings with silver and black swirled together.<Ohh. She's beautiful!> She walked forward, and put on her black leather gloves. She hugged the majestic beast, then leaned against her back, stretching out her neck. She accidentally touched the hatchling with the back of her neck first. She gasped in pain, then looked at the conjured mirror in her hand, and thought, < Your name is Glenadrin.>
<That's a nice name. Thank you Raven>
<Your welcome!>

PADFOOT LIVES!

Last edited by Legoles : 10-13-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:27 AM   #27
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Eragon stared at the dragon. 'I thought Saphira was the only remaining dragon!' he thought. Saphira eyed the other dragon suspisiously. <I don't understand.> she said, turning to Eragon. <Me either. I suppose that is Siuahn!> he said. "Hello, are you Siuahn?" Eragon asked, not moving away from Saphira. The other dragon was bigger, probably because Saphira was merely over two months old, and not fully grown. "This is Saphira, I was sent here by Brom. He told me that you could help me." Then he related his story. Saphira cocked her head, looking at the girl, then back at Eragon. <I haven't seen any humans besides you and Brom, and this one seems to be different.> she questioned. Eragon laughed. <Because this one is a female of my race, like you.> he said. <Ah, I see> Saphira nodded. She was still learning about the world, and was still very pure of heart.

Old 10-13-2003, 12:40 AM   #28
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

the mark is like, silver, almost shiny. and its painful when you first get it, also your forehead isn't the greatest place to have it considering that it says that you are a dragon-rider that are supposed to be secret, lol! anywho, but its ok, you should read the book! boohahahaha! You should somehow meet us, maybe we can come to your village. thats a good idea. btw, i meant good idea, not god idea. lol!

Old 10-13-2003, 08:57 AM   #29
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn tilted her head to the side, much like the man’s dragon had done. One hand rested on Nyaki’s lowered head, absently scratching the dragon’s ears. “Well, Eragon. I’m not much skilled in my… ’teachings,’ but I shall do what I can for you. There are very few of us left indeed.” She paused a moment. “You already know my name… but this is Nyaki. She won’t give you too much trouble, I’m sure. Now come, you’ve traveled a long way, and I’m sure you would like some food and some rest. My home isn’t much, but it will do.” Nyaki nuzzled at her feet, letting Siuahn step on her nose as she lifted her to her back. Watching Eragorn clamber onto Saphira’s back, the woman smiled. “Once we reach the mountains, I’m making you proper leggings. And perhaps a sturdier saddle. Do you think you can manage a few more leagues without being torn to shreds?” The man nodded, and Siuahn nodded, raising her hand for him and Saphira to follow. Nyaki rose gracefully and quickly into the air, though she was thoughtfully enough to steady the beating of her wings to accommodate Saphira’s pace.

<What of this other two-leg, Siuahn? It does not look like you.> Nyaki’s voice was untrusting, making Siuahn shake her head. <Call the two-legged humans, Nyaki. But call us, myself and Eragorn that is… call us Riders.> A low, irritated growl shook through Nyaki’s form as she flew. <That does not answer my question! Why does it not look like you?> <Because that ‘it’ is a man, Nyaki. I’m a woman. We are different. Now what can you tell me of his dragon, Saphira?> A long pause crept in, and Siuahn supposed Nyaki was conversing or thinking… something of the like. The woman had never seen another dragon in her life, and she wasn’t sure if she could communicate with just Nyaki or not. <She’s young… Two months maybe by your standards. She hatched in the man’s company. Like me!> The end of the sentence came with the somewhat ungraceful landing the two dragons made.

Soon Siuahn had fit the two creatures, Eragon and herself in the monstrous cave, and got a fire going. Dicing some rabbit and pheasant meat, she rarely ever looked up at the other Rider with her. Though when she did, she found him watching Saphira fondly, almost like an older brother. “She’ll soon outgrow the title of little sister. You’ll be little brother soon.” She said, making Eragon jump. Siuahn smiled kindly at him, handing him a carved wooden bowl. Without waiting for him to say anything, she pulled on a wool-lined jacket and headed outside, into the slowly dimming light, and the bitterly cold air. Nyaki raised her midnight black head, and followed Siuahn’s departure with her bronze eyes. <Stay, Nyaki. I won’t risk you being seen. It would be the death of all of us, and Eragon has been through enough as it is. Let him rest.> <You’ve been through quite a bit too, Siuahn… But I shall stay. Could you bring back something for Saphira and I?> The last thought was fleetingly hopeful and Siuan laughed softly to herself as she pulled her jacket tighter around her form.

Old 10-13-2003, 10:17 AM   #30
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc: I hate to do this once again, but I don't have time to read all these looooooooong post, so please help me out in the understanding of where our posts lie.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #31
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: we have decided to let anyone who wants a dragon to have one, so if you want a dragon, go ahead. My house and family was burnt down and I was sent to Siuahn for training, exc. legoles' dragon just hatched. fyi, when the rider first touches the dragon hatchling, you get a silver mark, wherever you touched it. Also the riders and talk to the dragons with thier minds, and are given eternal life, unless they are slain. the dragons will live as long as thier riders do, unless they are slain. anywho, have fun!

ic: Eragon leaned his tired head on Saphira's warm belly. <one day you will be that size> he said. <I am growing swiftly> Eragon stared the the pure mass, yet gracefulness of the other dragon. <I wonder if I can talk to him?> said eragon. <I have> Eragon stared at her, <why didn't you tell me!> <I wasn't sure if you could or not> Eragon sat up and looked intently at the dragon. He reached out with his mind, <can you talk to me?> <yes> came the reply. He smiled. <so riders can talk to all dragons!> said Eragon to Saphira. <What did he say?> <I just asked if I could talk to him, and he said yes> Eragon sipped from the wooden bowl. He stretched his knees out, with a painful groan. <I don't think I can fly like this, at least not with that saddle> he said. <I will keep you safe> Saphira said, bringing her head in his lap. He smiled, leaned back, and fell asleep.

Old 10-13-2003, 01:58 PM   #32
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc: oi, I want a dragon! I want a dragon!!

ic: Andrith let out a small curse as she tripped over a stone about 17 inches in width and length.
It was silvery-black, with a strange marking on it that she had never seen, like two fish-hooks together. All of a sudden, as she leaned down to pick it up, a crack ran down the middle of it. She surpressed a small gasp, and jumped back as a tiny dragon, a little bit bigger then Isil popped it, the same color of the egg.
She was mesmerized more then anything, by it's eyes. They were the same color as hers. She never thought she'd see anything that had one violet, and one blue eye like her. She smiled, and reached down to brush it's wings with her hands.
A sharp, yet minor pain ran through her fingertips, and as she brought her hand to her face, and saw a silver marking, much like the one that had been on the egg.

ooc: Just had an idea. What if, instead of you having to get the mark, the mark symbolizes that the Dragon is ours, and it was meant only for us.

ic: "I will name you..." She pondered for a brief moment. "Aira." She whispered, stroking the dragon tenderly.
'I like that name.' A voice said in her head. She looked down at the dragon, and saw a twinkle in her eyes. Andrith nodded, agreeing.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #33
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: thats good lady, just the riders get the mark, because the dragon hatchlings wait to hatch untill they are in the presensce of thier rider, so the dragon chooses which rider they want. When a dragon hatches for you, it is your dragon. and you can't ride without a saddle, because it will tear your legs apart, (as my charactar found out) I LOVE DRAGONS! I demand that evryone go out and read Eragon! NOW! hee hee.

Old 10-13-2003, 07:03 PM   #34
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Nyaki snorted and lifted her head. <I'm not a he, just so you know.> She eyed the sleeping Eragon haughtily, almost as if she awaited an answer, though she knew she would not get one. As she watched him, she looked over at Saphira. Laying her head down again, Nyaki let out a long sigh and closed her eyes.
---
Siuahn came back into the cave, knowing Nyaki was asleep. Dropping the meat she had managed to get after a few hours of hunting, she sat down in front of the dying fire. Rummaging through her many bundles, she took out her slowly dwindling supply of leather, setting it aside for a moment. After preparing their meal--wich meant leaving a large quantity of it raw for the dragons--she picked the leather back up and started working with it. Her hunting knife slid through it quickly and cleanly. She only hoped it would be the right size for Eragon. If she was to teach him, he couldn't be sliced up any more, or he might never walk again.

OOC: sorry about all the longs posts... I'll try to cut down on them

Old 10-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #35
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

finally akai! thank you! btw, your posts are nothing compared in length to mine, so you don't have to be sorry!

ic: Eragon sat up at the sound of Nyaki's voice in his head. His face flushed. <Oh, I'm sorry> He nudged Saphira, who woke up with a yawn. <Are you hungry?> <yes> He gave her some of the meat, which she ate heartily. "What are we going to do now?" Eragon asked Siuahn. "Brom said something about training, what kind of training?" he asked. Then suddnly he heard a voice in his head, it didn't belong to Saphira or Nyaki.

<Eragon!> it said, he tried to block it out, but it was useless. <Boy! Never block me out of your head ever again!> <Brom?> <Yes, you ignorant fool! Did you find Siuahn?> <Yes, but how can you talk to me?> <I have my ways.> <I found something today! I was looking through old books, about the riders. The first rider, named Eragon.> Brom said. Eragon gasped aloud, calling attention. He just smiled politely. <eragon?> <yes, that is who you are named for. Anyway, the riders fought a long war with Galbatorix> <Yes, I knew that!> said Eragon. <Shut-up boy! They fought the war over you.> <me?> <yes, you!> <but that was a hundred years ago!> <so what?> <but why me?> asked Eragon. <Because you are the first of the next generation of the dragon riders. You will lead the new riders to either good, or evil. You must choose one day, to become head of the riders, or to join with Galbatorix. You may be killed in the process> this hit Eragon like a ton of bricks. <Ancient prophecies spoke of you, the first of the second generation of riders.> <leave now, I have to think.> said Eragon. Brom dropped thier connection, and Eragon sat silent and sombre.

ooc: I am sooooo sorry for the long posts! I am really trying to trim them down!

Old 10-13-2003, 07:37 PM   #36
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

With a sigh, Siuahn stretched her hands out and tossed the leggings over to Eragon, making them land nicely on top of his head, since he seemed too absorbed in thought to notice them flying towards him. Turning around she folded her hands in her lap and looked Eragon up and down. "I teach you what you need to know about Saphria here. Though what I know is only a fraction of all there is to know." Eragona gave a start and Siuahn laughed. "I won't make you do any flying until your legs have healed. If you wish to walk after we're done," she shot him a small smile before digging through her small bag and tossing him a small jar of a clear, unscented mixture, "Here... this will help you heal more quickly, if you wish to learn. If not, too bad. I have to teach you or Brom will have my hide. I can't have you getting killed."

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 10-13-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #37
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"That wouldn't be good, and Saphira wouldn't like that too much either!" Saphira snorted. He rolled his pant's leg up and rubbed the clear stuff on his knees. It stung a little at first, but after a while, his knees were begining to feel better. He stood and walked around the cave, slowly, but surely. He couldn't bear the thought of flying.

Old 10-13-2003, 07:56 PM   #38
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn watched him, somewhat amused by this young man. Truthfully he was no older than she, if her guess was correct anyway. But it had been a long while since she'd ever had a real conversation with anyone; let alone one with a dragon. "How long has it been since you found Saphira's egg? And another question... Where is your mark?"

Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #39
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Probably a little over a two months since I found the egg." He said, then taking off his glove, he showed her his mark on his right palm. "Where is yours?" He asked, slipping his glove back on. It always made him feel more comfortable, even around friends. "I think I am going outside for a walk, alone." He said. Saphira raised her head. <Oh, no you don't! Something will happen and I will loose you! You are like a little hatchling, always getting into trouble!> she said forcfully, grabbing him by his shirt. <I'll be fine!> he said, irritated by his dragon. She let go, causiously. <You worry to much!> <You worry to little!> she replied. He stepped outside the cave, followed by Saphira.

Old 10-13-2003, 08:17 PM   #40
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Raising one eyebrow, Siuahn watched Eragon leave. "Right... You ask me a question and leave before I have a chance to answer..." She muttered under her breath. Despite her hatred towards men, she still had to pity the man. He'd been through too much as it is. Deciding not to give him any trouble for the time being, Siuahn merely called after him, "Don't stay out for too long, Eragon. The village has hunters that like to get an early start. They're not likely to miss Saphira." Not getting an answer, she sighed frustratedly, but kept herself from starting after him. Instead, she crawled over to where Nyaki lay and laid out next to her. The dragon opened one eye, and made a quite chuckling sound. Her tail wrapped around Siuahn and her wing made a small cover over her. <Sleep well... little sister.> Siuahn booted Nyaki in the ribs for the comment, though she laughed. She felt Nyaki's amusement wash over her and she smiled tiredly. Listening to the muffled heartbeat of her frien, Siuahn soon fell asleep, as comfortable and at ease as if she were on a feather matress.