Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #21
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
A flash of fire and darkness; and once again shadow fights the rising of the Sun in the east
What will be known to the races of Middle-earth when again someone worth celebrating on a night such as this is needed?
For Darkness is never quite stilled and defeated; it lies ever in wait for its chance to spring
And terror follows when it gets that chance . . . .

"You are an enemy of shadow and your destiny is woven against it . . . That cannot remain unchanged, for you might well be a block in the swiftly running waters, black and cold."A voice spoke, colder than ice, blacker than the night. The sound of it chilled Oleander to the bone, and she could feel some shadow approaching her with those words. she looked back, and saw darkness . . .in the middle of the daytime.

Oleander turned in fright and ran, leaping over tree roots and rocks on the ground before her. She ran with all her speed, hoping against hope that it would be enough. I would be so much more comfortable if I knew what I was running from . . . other than darkness . . . she thought. She didn’t dare to look back and see if there was a shape to the horrible cold shadow that rolled after her like a wave of terror. She just fled from it, not knowing or wanting to know. It was there, and it wasn’t friendly, and that was enough. The shadow of it seared her soul, burned like ice across her consciousness. I can’t let it catch me, I don’t want to think of what will become of me if . . . . Far in front or her, she could see the thinning in the trees where Lothlorien ended, and the fields beyond began. She had no idea where she was running to, no thought other than she couldn’t stop.

But she was beginning to tire; she couldn’t sprint forever like this. Gasping for breath at the air that she could, she forced her legs to move. Keep going, Oleander, keep going. The edges of Lorien were getting closer and closer, and Oleander struggled onwards towards them, though she knew not what she could do in the open lands any better that in the forest.

As she ran, she caught glimpses of color out of the corners of her eyes. She reached a hand out for one of the flashes of bright pink, and came away with something in her hand. Still running, but with her tired body fading, and her mind with it, she looked at what she held in her hand. A flower, five-petealed, and relatively small, was resting neatly in the palm of her hand. The sight of her namesake flower gave her strength to run a few strides more, but then, unable to run any longer, the blossom slipped from her fingers and her mind was engulfed in darkness . . . Whether the darkness of the shadow she had been running from, or only the darkness of oblivion, she knew not . . . .

OOC: K, whadya think? I’m not trying to copy Nariel Starshine’s entrance, but I got started and it wrote itself to here. I can change it drastically if it’s hated . . . Sorry, I can’t write . . . . If I’ve screwed things up, I’ll edit this so it just says, “hi” or something and then things(hopefully) won’t be screwed up anymore . . . .This is my first time participating in an RPG, so I’m really unsure.

Are the changes all right?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 01-31-2002 at 10:36 AM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 12:56 AM   #22
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*It messes nothing up; it's a great post. Just one piece of advise: think up a reason for the thing to be after her in the first place.

Sorry anyone if you think I'm intruding, but I'll probably be joining the RPG too, so in advance, hi! *
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 01:10 AM   #23
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Meanwhile in Rivendell..........

Mer Aislynn was troubled by her dreams of the previous night. She did not want to discuss them with her mother, she did not wish to worry her. The only person she knew she could talk to was Drelin, her much older and wiser cousin.

Mer Aislynn walked down the long corridor that lead to Drelin's room. There was no answer when she knocked on the door. "Something is not right here," she said to herself. Slowly she opened the door, it glided open with a whisper. At first she saw and heard nothing out of the ordinary. Then as she scanned the outer-chamber of Drelin's quarters, she heard moaning from the bedchamber. Running to him she turned him over. "Drelin, what happened? Are you ill?" she asked with concern.

Drelin sat up wearily. "My head," he said placing both hands on his head. "What time is it?" "Well past the third hour," Mer Aislynn answered. "Drelin what happened? I became worried when you did not come down for the morning meal."

"I'm not quiet sure. I remember Laurea spoke to me, then she left. I know I can trust you not to tell anyone what I am about to tell you. Last night I had a strange vision of a hill. On one side were Orcs, on the other side a large army of Elves. One had a glowing sword. Then all was dark," Drelin finished.

"Drelin, I too had a strange dream. That is why I came here to speak with you. But let us move to a more comfortable seat." They moved to two chairs by a window that overlooked the valley.

Tell me what troubles you so," said Drelin. "Many archers have left the valley on some errand and mother has forbidden me to go. Most of all it is dream I had. In it I saw many dark shadows. I feel that evil is headed our way, one greater and far worse than Sauron. And there are strange rumors going around."

"Such as?" Drelin asked.
"Someone has been spotted running towards here chased by Orcs. I think. It is also said that Swanships from Alqualondë have landed at Grey Havens. Some say Mithrandir is with them," she said.

"Strange tidings you bring," Drelin sat and thought a bit. " A great Darkness is no doubt headed our way. Be careful do not speak of this to anyone." Drelin commanded. " I will be very careful." With that said she hugged him and left.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 01-31-2002 at 01:40 PM.
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 08:43 AM   #24
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC: First of all welcome to Laurelyn (as Oleander), nice entranse story and I hope you'll seek Lief Eriksons advice, there is allways a reason! So the darkness has come to Lothlorien as well, how sad I was just wondering.. which way are you running? Towards Rohan, Mirkwood or the mountainpass (moria)??

As what goes to Lief Erikson you wouldn't be intruding, even if you tried. I welcome you most warmly to the saga if that is your wish.

Michelle the Fair:
Great thing you are bringing the characters together! be carefull though with taking too much control over the others character, how Aragorn will respond to this is up to him, myself I think it was a good entranse.
Your guess about the evil being far worse then Sauron might be more right then you'll ever know
Great thing you got Nariel Starshine into the post and about the swanships' coming to Middle Earth. One thing though, as Aragorns post already claimed before. Elrond has come back to Rivendell during the 4th age, because his longing for his Village was so deep. I'm planning though to have him welcoming Valinors men in the Grey Havens in this very moment. So please edit your post with that one little change, and I'm satisfied

Hantalë!

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-31-2002 at 09:03 AM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 10:18 AM   #25
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

meanwhile.. in the Grey Havens..

Not many people were welcoming them at the haven, only a few hundred, and most of them elves. “Welcome to Middle earth brave warriors from the Undying Lands.” A voice led up among the talking crowd at the docks. Elrond from Rivendell, he who had travelled back from Valinor during the 4th age because of his longing for his lands, was standing in the front of the crowd at the haven. His golden ring with the blue stone was reflecting the sun blindingly.
Arat-Cúrion, Arat-Falathion and Undulë entered the haven with Texol, as they had promised. He walked first over to Elrond. “I thank you for your great welcome here in Mithlond, Elrond,” Texol said and reached for Elronds hand. “But shouldn’t you stay with your people in Rivendell during such times?” “The evil has not yet reached the beautiful land of Rivendell,” Elrond said, “and even if evil were to come while I am away, there should still be enough brave elves in Rivendell, knowing how to use their bow and sword. Even though I sent most of Rivendells archers to help the lost men in Rohan, who also will have a meeting in Lorien with the elves there.” In this very moment a tall wizard came towards the five gathered men. A beautiful silver ring with a red stone of fire was brightening up his hand holding a staff.

“Oh, there you are, Texol, and I see you have found good company. Elrond my old friend!” As the wizard had approached his eyes saw Elrond. “How is everything in Rivendell, dear friend? Still as beautiful as it used to?”
Elrond smiled as he replied positively. “I’m sorry to interrupt you, Gandalf,” Texol said, “but I have a matter here of great importance!” Gandalf looked with a searching look at Texol. “Is it so?” Texol gave room for Arat-Cúrion to come forward, and the two other elves followed him. “Please show him your sword Cúrion.” Arat-Cúrion did not take his sword out of the sleeve, but loosened the sleeve itself and held the sleeve and sword forward in his arms, glowing more intense now than ever, so that Gandalf could get a good look at it.

“I must say you have a beautiful sword there, master elf.” Gandalf inspected the sword in its sleeve with great importance. He talked to himself and was surely thinking hard by the looks on his face. “I do not think you should draw that sword until it stands between life and death. Great power holds this sword, and yet a power I do not know. I haven’t heard of anything like this.” Texol got overwhelmed by this. How could not Gandalf know? Elrond shook his head as well, showing he knew nothing. “This needs to be searched into deeper, there must be some information about this sword somewhere, and I do feel that this sword is of great importance for the outcome of this war,” Texol said. “I do agree with you, Texol,” Gandalf had a worried look in his face. “I find it strange that I haven’t heard of this sword. By its beauty, glow and unknown power it should have been mentioned in a lot of books, although it is not. We need to do this research, Texol! And please, Cúrion. Be careful with your sword. Unknown power is often a sign of evil interference.” Gandalf and Texol were now leaving the Grey Havens to find out more about the mysterious sword, meanwhile the three elves were left back with Elrond. “I hope all three of you will come with me to Rivendell,” Elrond said. He smiled at them, and look, all his wisdom shined out of this very smile, and none of them doubted his greatness.
Now had all Valinors men left the swanships and everyone were divided into groups, with only a few hundred in each. Every group should be sent to different locations in Middle Earth. This is how Arat-Cúrion, Arat-Falathion and his friend Undulë came in Elronds group, who were going to Rivendell, along the way through The Shire; The journey had begun...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: as you see I have changed a little bit of the story about the sword itself, this way the saga will get alot deeper. So please reread the first few lines of my "intro" post. This change will not interfeer with any of the stories already told.
Maybe this will remind a little too much of how Gollum found the One Ring though... if the other people here think so, then I have another story for how he found the sword as well

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-31-2002 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:25 PM   #26
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Loriel ran to the city wall. "Open! Open in the name of Thranduil!" When the gate opened, she ran inside. "Many Orcs are coming, as you must well know. Please help me," she said to the closest Elf.

OOC: I was running from Mirkwood over the mountain pass.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #27
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

out of content::

OOC: ok Nariel Starshine.. thanks for clearing that up
...and I wonder... who is this "closest elf"? maybe someone can make their entranse to the story here. If not, then you should just continue...

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 01-31-2002 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:12 PM   #28
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Arwen Undomiel

the closest elf is just some random person, I think.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 01-31-2002, 09:36 PM   #29
Lysander
Sapling

Enter Lysander

A knocking at the door yanked Lysander from his sleep. It was well into the darkest hour of the night, and his wife Emily slept on peacefully. He bent over to kiss her lightly on the forehead, then hurried to the door, wrapping a robe about him. The knocking still came, insistently. There was a commotion outside his cottage, and though the wind sought to carry it away, Lysander picked up the muffled cries of grief. He opened the door.

Before him stood Dominic Manderly, eyes pierced with pain and worry, although his aged face was set firmly, steeled against the powers of runaway emotion. A robust man, with a neat beard and wide jaw, Dominic was mayor of their small farming village and the man to whom all manner of emergencies could be entrusted. The emergency this evening was obvious.

For in his arms was a young man, unconscious and bleeding from a number of terrible wounds. Behind the pair paced Aurine, Dominic's teenage daughter. Her eyes were wide with fear and overflowing with tears. Her hands trembled uncontrollably and she clung to her pale, torn dress in a vain effort to fight back the anguished wails that escaped her throat every time her eyes happened to fall upon her father's burden.

It was a tale that hardly needed telling. Lysander beckoned them to come inside. It was with a sad familiarity that he set to his task, first clearing the table and then arranging his instruments and herbs.

As her father laid the boy gently on the table, Aurine spoke up. "We were....we were...we were out in the woods together, Caleb and I, " she stammered," and I know we shouldn't have been out there and I'm so sorry, so very sorry...."

Before she could collapse into a fit of tears, Lysander grabbed her shoulder firmly. "If you wish to help him, lass, then hurry and get a pot of water boiling." She sniffed back her tears, nodded, and set off to her task.

"I canna tell what it was that got to him, I'm afraid," Dominic said once his daughter was out of earshot, "When she woke me, she was all panicked and I couldn't make sense of her ravings. When we found him, he was alone." Looking at the deep gashes opened across the boy's chest, he shook his head. "Whatever it was, it was vicious."

Lysander, while listening, was dutifully inspecting and cleaning the wounds as best as he could. Once, at his touch, young Caleb moaned softly in great pain, but it seemed to be all the noise he could muster.

Clenching his fist, Dominic flared, "I told her to stay away from that boy....he's trouble; I always knew he was!"

"But I love him, daddy!" Aurine stood in the doorway, tears falling into the pot she held before her. "And if you hadn't forbidden us, we wouldn't have been sneaking around in the woods, and NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!" In her anger she almost spilled the pot, but Emily was there to grab hold of it and bring it to her husband.

"I'm sorry we woke you, love; but such is the life of a Healer," Lysander said as he took some leaves in his hands and began to crumble them into the pot.

"I knew that before I married you." She looked down now at the patient. "And it seems you will need all your skill as one tonight." Her mellow golden eyes now passed between father and daughter, who were both now stretched to their breaking point by the evening's trauma. Quickly she wrapped her arm around Aurine. "Come, lass. Let me get you some milk."

Lysander continued his work with practiced ease and with focused attention. Behind him stood Dominic, watching helplessly.

"Headstrong, insolent children..." he muttered.

"Listen, Mayor. My wife and I can handle things here; if she and I can't help the boy, there's nothing you could add to our efforts. However, Caleb's father needs to be told." Dominic sighed, looking sadly at the form laying before him.

"Very well. I will bear this heavy news to the Shadle farm. May Aurine stay with you? I doubt I could drag her away while hope remains. She seems quite taken with this one." Lysander nodded, eyes still focused on the boy's shallow breathing. "Thank you, Lysander. Your healing gifts are matched only by your kindness." With one last forlorn look to the boy, Dominic strode to the door and out again into the chill, dark night.
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 05:05 AM   #30
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC:
Nariel Starshine: ok

Lysander: Welcome to the game! ...so you have the power of healing! This should be a great gift, and I have a feeling you'll be using your powers quite drasticly in the near future, this is only a feeling I have though, it's not allways right

I am currently drawing each and everyones quest down on a map over middle earth. Go here to take a look, to get a better view of the current journey. As new characters join, they will be added to the map.

Map over Middle earth during the Saga of I Nârmacil

- Arat-Falathion

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-01-2002 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:16 PM   #31
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

The elf nearest her turned. She was clad in green and brown, the colors of the forest. From her bow he could see that she was of Rhovanion and that she had come a long way.

"what mean you? what is your purpose?"

Loriel looked at him. "I beg you! Close the gate and I will explain when the Yrch are gone. Please! Help me fight them, for I cannot do it alone."

With a swift cry, the nearest watchers of the walls leapt onto it, bows bent and arrows eager to fly. Loriel also leapt up onto a platform close to her and watched as the Orcs struggled across the river. When the first one stepped onto dry land, heer bow sang and he fell lifeless to the ground. Then, a hundred more bows sang as more and more orcs crossed.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 02-01-2002, 09:14 PM   #32
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

In the core of the earth, an evil dwelt. Thousands of feet under the earth, past battlements and mining works, past orc breeding sites and the millions of human and elf slaves who toiled in the deep of the underworld. Past pits of molten steam, past scaffoldings and large war machines, past darker caves where creatures were bred which were worse than orcs, and down deeper still.

In the darkest and deepest parts of the world, something sat upon a dark throne. It wore black robes and iron armor, and any who looked upon this being flinched from its gaze. The mightiest who had met this being cringed in fear, for there was an ice in its eyes, and commands of power issued from its mouth. Orders that none but the strongest of its servants could disobey, and those who could didn't dare.

This being was called by a name it had chosen for itself. Morkiis Liiarg was this name, a name that all bowed in submission to or quailed with fear. He sometimes looked at the world above, and his spies brought him information of the doings of the world. He needed no papers or reports, all he needed do was look at his servants, and he knew their minds.

Morkiis looked down upon the servants who bowed before them and spoke, his voice like a knife, iron and cold. "Your progress is good, but remember where your goal lies. Destroy the important places first, the rest will all fall to us after. Rivendell, Lothlorien, the Gray Havens. Kill the elves."

The captains slapped their arms to their chests and bowed again, backing away from his presence, their minds racing as they turned over their best ideas of how best to go about the completion of these orders.

Arat-Curion stared over the side of the boat as it pulled away from the Blessed Realms. Its sleek, white side glistened in the spray, and he watched in silence as the fleet from Valinor began to break up. Every ship had an important destination; the explosion of orcs upon Middle Earth had been a surprise to everyone. Normally, the Blessed Realms kept a determined line that Middle Earth take care of its own affairs, and Middle Earth take care of theirs. But the situation had changed, and all knew that a second uprising of the strength of that of Sauron could not be risked. It was true that no force of that size had been brought out as yet, but the orcs kept coming, and they were thus far in sufficient numbers to bring back bitter memories.

"It should have been the time of men," said a voice from behind Arat-Curion, and he turned around swiftly to the speaker. It was an elven man, his hair blond and shoulder length and his eyes gray, as he looked out upon the Teleri ships.

"What do you mean?"

"Our time in Middle Earth is over," the elf said, turning his attention to Arat-Curion. "It is the time of men in Middle Earth, but us elves have to return now to solve their own problems." For a moment he was silent, then he took a step closer and extended a hand. "My name is Theneal Nairminien. What is yours?"

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 02-03-2002 at 01:19 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 10:05 PM   #33
ElfOfMirkwood
Hobbit

Gandalf Awsome start: My post on your rpg

Meanwhile in Mirkwood...

"Gogan, Run!"
"Watch out!"
The fire spreaded toward the home of the elf, loved by many.
Gogan was a warrior elf, who was known all around Mirkwood, as well as Loriein.
Gogan wasnt sure what was going on but he saw his best friend,
Gleingo.
Gleingo ran to Gogan's home and shouted, "Fire, RUN!"
He ran his sword, and staff, quiver and bow.
"Let's go!"Gogan shouted.
"Were is everyone going?"
"Fangorn!"
"Ok..."
As they ran he looked back at the acient ruins of Mirkwood fanish in an instent, as it was only a mere' second before his entire life
would change. Mirkwood was destroyed, and Fangorn waited.
As he ran he thought of all the memories he had in Mirkwood.
Gleingo and Gogan were thrown to the ground by two Orcs from behind. The elves turned around, stopped and readied there bows.
Indeed the Orcs had destroyed there home.
The elves dropped them all, but the orcs had already called more Orcs, and took Gogan and Gleingo. They were taken to Isengard, beaten and confused. Mirkwood was burned, and the elves had fallen. All hope was lost for the race of elves, because Rivendelle soon, probobly would be destroyed as well.

-thats all I got right now....

I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise... dont you leave him Samwise Gamgee, and I dont mean to, I dont mean to.
ElfOfMirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:40 AM   #34
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Christon woke up on the back of a pony. The evil things were chasing someone! He was tied to the saddle, but the rope was fraying from rubbing on the pommel. Suddenly. SNAP Christon fell into darkness.
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 02:08 PM   #35
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content: Roundup!

OOC:
Nariel Starshine: great! we now have a war going on between orcs and elves at the gates of Rivendell... I can't wait to see what will happen here Remember though that Elrond sent alot of Elves to help the lost men in Rohan, so Rivendells strenght isn't top notch like it use to be, and Elrond himself isn't there at the moment. I guess it will be all up to the amount of orcs attacking, and the amount of luck and skill of the elves

Lief Erikson: Welcome to the game I liked your story of the evil character (to everyone else: Lief and I have had some PM descussions going on to get more detailes of the sword and the evil, this will be kept secret though, until its revealed in the RPG story) Its really ok also that you use the Arat-Cúrion character, this isn't really my character, he is the father of my character, however, I would like to have the main control of him.
Only one thing though. If I understand your english right (it's pretty advanced compared to mine) you say that Gandalf and Elrond is in the same ship as Arat-Cúrion when they sail from Valinor to Middle Earth. This is however not how it is. A wizard named Texol is in the same ship as Arat-Cúrion. Gandalf is in one of the other ships, and Elrond is already in Middle earth, waiting at the Grey Havens.. please reread the other posts from me to find more info about this

ElfOfMirkwood: Welcome to the game! Wow! Mirkwood is destroied! ALOT of orcs must be sent out to manage such huge damage I think, but very well Hmm.. so you guess that the elvish race will be erased? the story will show, though at this moment, with I Nârmacil in the hands of an elf, this is not very likely, and yet the number of orcs hasn't reached the amount of that Sauron once released (as Lief Erikson claimed)... No one will know if this really will happen though

Littledud87: I see that Christon has a habbit of being unconsious. I wonder what evil is holding him, and why they are holding him, and if he will survive, and, if so, how he will survive
----------------
Great everyone, the story is getting into shape now!

I wonder if the archers sent out from Rivendell will get news about the attack of Rivendell, will they see the black smoke and fire killing Mirkwood? Have they reached Lorien? or have they just passed the montains and are watching as Mirkwood is destroid and Gogan is captured? If so I asume they wouldn't get to them in time to save them...

I hope that we will hear more news of the Hobbit soon as well, and how is Drelin (Aragorns character) and Mer Aislynn (Michelle the Fairs character) reacting to the attack of the gates in Rivendell?

I wonder what the Vala, KÆDEN is up to at the moment, as he heard the song of this hobbit.

In lothlorien it seems to me as if a stronger evil then orcs is coming, as this shadow hunting Oleander (Laurelyns character) is no orc, and its voice is colder then ice and blacker then the night. Great edit on your post Laurelyn. A better fictive image of this evil shadow hunting you is somehow made

What Lysander will do is not known, as he at the moment is in his hut healing the young boyfriend of his daughter.

Myself I (Arat-Falathion´(together with Arat-Cúrion and Undulë + other elves)) am heading for The Shire together with Elrond at the moment, wether my directions will change because of hinderings or not, I do not know.
-------------
That was a short roundup on the different characters this far people!!

Hantalë!

- Arat-Falathion
Old 02-02-2002, 03:40 PM   #36
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Arwen Undomiel In Rivendelle................

Mer Aislynn was sitting in the Hall of Fire listen to the tale of Beren and Tinuviel, when Beoren ran franticly into the hall. "ORCS," he gasp, "at the east gate." Mer Aislynn bolted out of her seat. " We're trying to hold them off as best we can, but we need more archers!" Beoren cried. Mer Aislynn grabbed her bow and arrows and ran out of the hall after Beoren.

"Orcs in broad daylight? That has not been heard of since the treason of Saruman,"she said as they ran. "Nevertheless they are here and at our gates," Beoren said. " We can not let them get passed the gate. No evil has every entered Rivendell." She stopped short at the sight before her.

Flaming arrows rained down from the sky. Soon there was a great peril of fire behind the wall. All who could be spared wre trying to put out the flames that sprang up in many places. Elves were running from the rain of fire. Drums could be heard in the forest. The enemy pressed onto the walls.

Mer Aislynn leaped onto to the nearest platform. An arrow whizzed passed her head missing by mere inches. An elf she didn't recognize drew back her bow and loosed an arrow. It found its mark in the breast of an orc 20 yards away from the gate. "Thank you my friend," Mer Aislynn said. Just then orc arrows thick as rain came whistling over the walls, some found a mark. She ducked behind the wall.

Some of the orcs took up a battering ram to the gate. Mer Aislynn took aim at the cloest orc, he fell were he stood. She fired again and again. Still more orcs came. The battle ragged on for hours. Then there was a silence outside the gates.

"There must be some way to end this," Beoren said. "There is only one way I see to end this fight," one elf said. "They will not get Rivendell," another said. "Elrond is to far away and when he gets here with the Valinor, all he may find is a pile of ashes and scorched trees," Beoren said.

As Mer Aislynn stood slowly, all eyes tured towards her. " there is another way," she said. "There is? What is it? Speak up!" They all Shouted. " I..I.," she stammered. Beoren put a hand on her shoulder. "She bares the gift of a Chammer's voice. When she sings, the orcs will obey her." "Then sing" they said. As she began the shouts of all grew silent.....

"Ai! laurie lantar lassie surinen,
yeni unotime ve ramar aldaron!
Yeni ve linte yuldar avanier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvoreva
Andune pella, Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
omaryo airetari-lirinen.

Si man i nin enquantuva?

An si Tintalle Varda Oilosseo
ve fanyar maryat Elentari ortane,
ar ilye tier undulave lumbule;
ar sindanoriello caita mornie
i falmalinnar imbe met, ar histe
untupa Calaciryo miri oiale.
Si vanwa na, Romello vanwa, Valimar!

Namarie! Nai hiruvalye Valimar.
Nai elye hiruva. Namarie!"

The orcs,who had begun a new assault, stopped where they were. Some of the Elves took aim, but Beoren stayed their hands. Her song ended Mer Aislynn stood silent.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'

Last edited by Michelle The Fair : 02-03-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 09:31 AM   #37
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of content:

OOC: nice
Old 02-03-2002, 11:14 AM   #38
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

...back in the Grey Havens...

“It is about 150 miles from where we now stand to The Shire. Please leave your food in the wagons which will follow us, bear only your weapon and be prepared for anything!” Elrond stood on a stone to get above the rest of the group as he spoke. There were only elves in this group, and the amount reached a little over 250.
“I will take you all to Rivendell, as we need a better defence there. We will go through The Shire, to check that the hobbits are alright.” He jumped down from the stone and marched east followed by the group. Arat-Falathion, his father, Arat-Cúrion and Undulë walked in the front with Elrond. They did not speak a lot, because their heart was troubled by the darkness awaiting, but Arat-Falathion remembered Texols words: “Do not cry and do not fear the darkness surrounding your heart, but be strong, be proud and rise tall, because something tells me you will serve great deeds in the fight against the new darkness arising.”
They had now passed the Westmarch and in the horizon they could see what they had hoped to see the least. They were all stunned by the sight. Terrible black clouds were veiling up into the sky. “The SHIRE!” an elven voice said. “It is on FIRE!” They ran like only elves can run. They hoped that there still would be someone left they could save, or any evil left that they could kill.

...meanwhile Texol, Gandalf and the rest of their group (consisting of about 1500 elves, 100 men and a few dwarfs) had passed the Tower Hills and the river, Baranduin. They were heading south-east for Rohan and Gondor to seek information about the sword of flames. Nothing worth mentioning were yet to happen on their journey, only sweat and tiredness...

All this happened in the very same time as the gates of Rivendell were attacked.

Earlier in the swanships (before he met Texol) Arat-Cúrion replied to Theneal Nairminiens question. “My name is Arat-Cúrion, son of Arat-B*renath.” He looked over the sea towards where Middle earth sooner or later would appear for their eyes. “I can not agree with your saying though, I think this darkness concerns us all. Not only the mortals.” He looked back at Theneal, waiting for him to argue on this.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:33 PM   #39
Thrain of the Shire
Hobbit

“So” said Numenor, having waited impatiently until the last piece of toast had been eaten and every teacup freshly filled, “what did you find?”

Magnanamous and Rosalina looked at each other. The fire flickered and each of the three was secretly wishing that dawn would hurry up and arrive. The things they had been reading made them crave for the clean light of day.

Magnanamous cleared his throat and shuffled the huge pile of papers balanced precariously in his lap.
“Well, there’s good news and bad news. The good news is that his notes make it quite clear that his era was the end of an age and that we are now in the Age of Man – which according to him means that magic, good AND evil should be far less than it was in his day. That means to me we aren’t facing another…you know who”. He didn’t notice Numenor’s slight frown.
“The bad news is that I think I know what those creatures were that we all saw in the vision.”
He paused.
“I think they were Orcs.”

“Orcs?” burst out Rosalina “but no-one’s seen Orcs since…well, since Sam’s days and that was centuries ago, that was another age. And how can there be Orcs again, when we all know that there shouldn’t be enough evil left for anyone to create them….how can that be? They can’t have been Orcs…” she looked across the table at Numenor, waiting for him to back her up. Hoping he would. He was looking at the floor and chewing on his lower lip. She knew that didn’t bode well for her hopes.

“Numie??” She leant over and touched his knee, gently. “Numie, what is it?”

Numenor sighed. And slowly sat up straight. So slowly it seemed there was a huge weight on his shoulders.

“I think there is something I should tell you both. It’s something I promised never to tell unless I had to, but I think it is time now, at least, for you to hear part of the story. That’s why I wanted to check the Gamgee archive, to make sure of a few things before I told you, to make sure it really was time. And it is.” He glanced out of the window.
“But I think we can wait another few minutes. After all, as Gandalf always used to say, some things are better talked about in daylight. Who’s for more tea?”

He walked over to the the kettle, and glanced out of the window to gauge how long it was until full light...it was already reddening on the horizon. He sighed. He couldn't delay any longer.

He sat down.
"here it is" he began, fingering his necklace as if for strength.
"maggie, those were Orcs." The other two breathed in sharply. ORcs? Here and Now? but why? and How?
"But there weren't just Orcs." Numenor continued.

"Do you both remember that there were several different Orc armies mentioned in Gamgee's books? There were Sauron's Orcs, Saruman's Orcs...and other, more powerful creatures. "He looked at them. They were both nodding. He almost smiled, they must be the only three hobbits in the world who knew about let alone had read the original tales of those old days. He was lucky to have such friends.
"There were Uruk-hai" he felt the blackness of the name on his tongue. "And here is something you do not know. This is something that has been kept secret and passed down from Took to Took through the generations. FRom Peregrine himself comes this knowledge, this fear. For Peregrine was mighty in his thoughts and deeds and, while it is true he started out with Frodo as a young and foolish hobbit, no older than I am now, he ended it a deeply thoughtful one. And he and Sam sat often and talked of what had happened, what was happening and..."he hesitated "...what might happen.
And here is what they saw: they saw that not all the orcs and Uruk hai had been destroyed. And they saw that not all eveil had been removed. And they saw that, while the wounds and death of their creators would drive them into the darkness of obscurity for many an age, they were not extinguished. And souls unextinguished do not just lie and wait, they grow. Even dark souls grow. And strengthen. and, nourished by the darkness and their own memories of pain and defeat, grow vengeful.
And yet this was not the end of their thinking. For Sam knew of gardens and plants and things that grow. And peregrine knew the souls of orcs and men. And together they realised one thing. Just as belief in goodness can lead a person to do good things. Just as a belief in good leadership can lead a leader to be good -- our own Thain is just an example of this -- just as belief in peace can lead people to be peaceful....the belief in evil can also create.
And if enough belief is found, then evil itself will incarnate. Not just as a dream, or a desire or a feeling -- but as an actual being, encompassing every extreme of evil....."

"But how can that be?" cried Magnanamous "If magic has left the earth, how can this happen?"

"Ah yes" said Numenor "If magic had truly left the earth, this could not happen. But it hasn't. It ahs always been there, faint and certain. The entdraught that arrives every autumn at my house proves that some magic still exists in this age. I always thought it was not enough to allow the evil to rise. But I was wrong."
He fingered the stone in his necklace.
"And, in fact, it may have been our ancestors who have aided evil -- inadvertently I admit, but how many magic artifacts do we still in our houses. I know I have some. And how about you Maggie -- you still have those collections of Meriadocs, don't you?"
Magnanamous looked down and nodded.
"And Rosalina, your whole garden is magic, everyoneknows it still reeks of the elvish gift your ancestor received..."
Rosalina nodded in agreement.

"In fact, if you add up everything, I think yo uwould find that along with Rivendell and other elvish places, the Shire is one of the most magic ridden places remaining. We have been feeding this evil by keeping these things.

And today the magic got stronger. You all felt it at the ceremony. Something else has happened. SOme thing of great magic has entered this land and that has given the enemy enough power to rise.

It is not Orcs we are fighting, my friends. It is evil itself. And unless it is defeated, and defeated fully this time -- "

He broke off.

Outside the sky was reddening. But it wasn't daylight. What he had taken for the first strands of dawn, was....FIRE!!!

"Quickly! Grab what you can -- we must escape -- come ON" he yelled.

The three of them ran outside --

"What about the town?" Magnanamous asked, "we must go there and help them, we can't just leave..."
Numenor stood, silhouetted against the red sky.

"Maggie, we can't go back there. We have to find out what triggered this -- only we know the true stories -- we have to find the elves and tell them....if we don't do that EVERYONE will die"

They stood, the three of them, and took one last look at the fire on the horizon.

Then they wrapped their cloaks around them, pulling them high around their legs -- and began to run.........
Thrain of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 10:37 PM   #40
Littledude87
Hobbit

Christon ran twords the gates Heeeeeeellllllllllpppp he screamed
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote