Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #21
Mari
Elf Lady

They entered the Main Hall where Edward and Vincent were standing. "Edward!, Vincent!" Celia exclaimed. "It's certainly been a while! Did you blow anything up lately? Or is your tower still standing? Auntie keeps telling me not to go near you as you will blow us all up someday, haha!"
With a cheerful expression on her face and eyes sparkling with happiness, Celia gave both men a quick hug before coming to the more serious matters.
"So why have you called us all Edward?"

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Prince Edward rose from his chair and greeted the women warmly.

"All in good time, ladies." he said calmly."Lets get seated."

As the Celia and Mariana took their seats, Sir Christopher, Lady Elanor and Prince Darion entered the hall and got seated.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-22-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #23
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"My friends, you may all have heard the rumours of the Dragons laying waste to the countryside. The rumours are true. The Dragon Wars have begun again, and to top it all off - a group of rebels have begun causing trouble too - malcontents and miscreants taking advantage of an already dangerous situation."
Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #24
orithil
Captain Jack

"Yesterday" Vincent began "the Dragons layed wasted to two magor towns and one city" then he added "and the rebels have captured two border towns and destroyed one...things are looking bad" he said grimly "So we must take action before anymore harm comes to the border towns and citys, we need to send more garrisons" he finished

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #25
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Well put, my friend! unfortunately we dont have all that much time for a prolonged training sequence so I really hope you have kept up your excersising and kept your skills up to par. Other than that,of course, the Dragons will not know what hit them." said Edward."Servant!" he said to a servant standing ready nearby."Tell the Captain to marshall the First and Second Cavarly to ride off take take care of those rebels."
Old 01-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #26
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Mariana crossed herself silently, closing her eyes briefly for a wordless prayer. Her heart began to beat faster. The Dragons had returned? How? They had driven them out, pushed them to near-extinction, years, all those long years, ago.
A stirring in her recalled a spirit of younger days--her younger days. But that spirit had lain quiet and dormant for a very long time. It had taken much to quell it: seven years of silence. And then the vows of chastity and poverty, and all the rest, after that. How could she take up her former ways again, even to fight of their dread enemies?
Despite her worries, Sister Mariana kept silent. "Cast all thy cares upon Him," St. Peter had written. She would wait until this meeting was over, and then she would return to the chapel to pray. After that.... After that she would speak with Edward--alone.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #27
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"The Dragons?" Edwina asked. The other turned to her, having not heard her enter. "They return because they were forgotten by everyone. Out of sight. Out of mind," She took a seat with the others. "Is it known how many have returned?" If the Dragons had returned, they had precious time to form a plan of defense.

Erlamin was crouched motionless on ledge high in the mountains. The sun glinted off her bluish and purplish scales. She snorted, mists swirling around her nostrils. Throughout the pass she was crouched over, her Ice Dragons waited.
"What are we waiting for, Erlamin?" Urgrilon growled.
"Patience, Little brother," she said. "The humans will fear Crannock and his Fire Dragons. Let them believe that only they survived the Exile. Then we will strike. In the meantime, no human will live that passes through this pass until I say otherwise,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
orithil
Captain Jack

"I believe we should bring all defenses including the mages to full alert" Vincent said "But one things for sure some people are going to die..." he added grimly "lots of people may die" he looked down at the table and closed his eyes.

Crannock looked at Finared "Its about time you woke up Crannock said with a low growl "Sorry" said Finared "I was dreaming we will win this war" he ended "of course we will! prepare yourself for war I must don my battle armour" Crannock left the room leaving Finared staring out into the sky.

Last edited by orithil : 01-23-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #29
Mari
Elf Lady

Listening to Vincent, Celia turned white as a sheet. "Vincent is right" she whispered, almost inaudibly. "They care not for us. I see fire... and ice?"
Shaking she opened her eyes. "We've got to stop them!"

Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #30
Acalewia

"Ice?" Edwina asked. "There has only been reports of Fire Dragons," she frowned. "Do you think the Ice Dragons have returned as well?" Edwina knew better than to doubt Cecila's ability. If she had seen Ice, then there would be ice. "It seems there will be a three way war. The Fire Dragons and the Ice Dragons have always warred with one another. When the Fires learn the Ices are here, they will forget about the humans and go at each other,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #31
orithil
Captain Jack

"If the fire dragons do not know of the ice dragons they will come at us first meaning many will die as the full wrath of Crannock and the other fire dragons will be focused on us, if there was a way to make the two fight each other and hopefully ignore us" Vincent said as if in deep thought.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:31 AM   #32
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"We could make the presense of the Ice Dragons known to their opponents. Then we could sit back and watch them tear each othe apart." suggested Prince Darion.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 AM   #33
Mari
Elf Lady

"I'm not sure that will help. We were the ones that drove them away. The dragons may hate eachother, but perhaps now they are united in their hate towards us?
I... I'm not entirely sure what I saw, besides the obvious. It could have been a fight between human and dragon, but also a fight between dragons and humans standing by. I'm sorry I can't be more clear." Celia let her head hang down, still looking pale.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #34
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Lady Celia" said Edward."You are quite right - the only way to defeat the Dragons are to take the battle to them. We have the necessary weapons and powers to take them on."

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-24-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #35
Acalewia

Edwina smiled.
"Edward's right, Cecila. I'm under the impression we all have armor piercing weapons," She patted her bolts. "And we all have some sort of power or skill to counter the Dragons," Edwina's smile disappeared. "Too many people will die before we can drive the Dragons off," She tuned to Edward. "Do we have anything resembling a plan?"

Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #36
orithil
Captain Jack

"Well lately I have been" he paused searching for the right word "toying, with a new weapon, I have the blue prints for what a call...well one type is a trebuchet and the other is a catapult, I have the blue prints and with enough man power we could construct many quickly" said Vincent with some enthusiasm.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #37
Mari
Elf Lady

"What do these... weapons do, Vincent?" Celia asked him. " I mean, I'm not quite sure that hurling a few rocks and the like will really do some damage to them. They are more likely to hurt one of our own." She paused for a moment, thinking. "Perhaps if we use spiked balls they might just penetrate. Which brings me to another thing: Where are the dragons now? What towns and cities are most in danger at the moment? Shouldn't we at least alert the people to take refuge?"

Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #38
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Celia, my dear, I think Vincent has in mind a weapon with a bit more bite - explosive shot for example." Edward assured."And I have sent out messengers to warn the people in the villages and farms."
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #39
Mari
Elf Lady

"Thank you" Celia said, glad that amidst all this, their people were still in the minds of her fellow Dragon Knights.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #40
orithil
Captain Jack

"Aye explosive lots of them tightly packed together that explode on impact sending hundred and shards of metal into the victim after its blown through their scaly hide" Vincent announced as if one hundred new ideas had just flown into his head.