Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2002, 10:43 PM   #21
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Powerful words, Kyote. They make me wanna cry...IMO one of the best posts on this thread, if I may say so myself.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:40 PM   #22
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

wow reading this was like tearing the scab off an old scar. well i do go to therapy now, i was diagnosed with SAD. seasonal affective disorder. i get depressed in the winter, basicly.
form lack of green growing things and little sunshine, how much more elvish can i get eh?
haha
i don't know when i posted this, ahh now i see, the 27 of march, at the "lowest point" if you will. see by the time early early spring rolls around, im about sunk and mentally and emotionally drained, feeling like winter will never end. hmm this is making me feel bad just talking about it. well thank you for all your support, i never would have guess that this many people would reply.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:46 PM   #23
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

SAD... never has there been a more appropriate acronym.

Hey, if winter's the problem, then think of Christmas!
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:09 AM   #24
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Fowl administrator? Oh dear...

LT: You just need to move around so you avoid winter; or failing that, move to a state that doesn't get cold.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:05 AM   #25
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

SAD

I have that too. Luckily I married into a tanning bed and, damn the melenomas, I'm in there November through February. Sometimes just finding a sunny window on a nice day is enough for a day or so. Here there are usually long stretches of gray weather, so the artificial help is a must. It is nicer to know what's wrong so at least you can do something.

Christmas? It's a great break. They knew what they were doing with a festival of lights. But there's nothing sadder than chucking out the old tree.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:39 PM   #26
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I LOVE winter! But...then, in WI you almost have to.
Seriously, LT, I hope you feel more hopeful even though winter is just around the corner again! Good luck...and continue to hope.

PS- When I'm dead, look in my basement and you'll find Christmas trees from the time I get out on my own to when I die! I will NEVER be able to throw one away!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:16 PM   #27
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yes, move here to TX (near the coast line) it has only snowed three times during my entire 14 years of life.

Well you know what they say.

'Dont get sad, get glad!'. Ok, not a direct quote but oh well .

You know what might also help?

Look up joke pages on the net!! I'm not kidding. That might really help if you are feeling super out of sorts.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:12 PM   #28
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

My roommate is on meds for clinical depression, and the end of February generally finds me down in the dumps as well.

My roomate goes for a haircut in the winter--she says it makes her feel less depressed, and helps her feel better about herself.On days when you feel your worst, make it a point to look your best. Put on a bit of make-up, wear your favorite skirt, or do something else to make you feel good on those days when you wake up and "just don't feel very pretty"

I like to turn on all the lights in the house. if your parents won't let you do that, then go to goodwill or salvation army and pick up one or two little lamps to put in your room. turn them on before the sun goes down completely. Or hang a string of white Christmas lights, and keep them up well into the spring (or year 'round like I do). People laugh at me because I instist on my dorm room having atmosphere (read my posts on the Happy thread), but it does make a difference.

anyway, those are a few suggestions. Also, fill up on hugs. Hugs are great for making a person feel better.

*moot-hug!*
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:26 PM   #29
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Most people, if they aren't depressed during the year, are at Christmas.
Of course, Using drugs, and drinking also dramatically changes a persons brain chemistry. Like acid, if you take acid once, your mind will never be like it was before that one little square of paper. Did you know that sometimes they make those sheets that the squares come off of into pictures, Bart Simpson, and confederate flags.
Alcohol is a depressant...go figure.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:27 AM   #30
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Why, why, why, why, WHY won't the kids listen when we tell them over and over again that drugs are bad???
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:13 AM   #31
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Same reason they like to spin on tire swings; it makes them feel all woohgy.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:00 PM   #32
LuthienTinuviel

i always took drugs caue i was bored.
(the enter key works now!)
well now that it's colder, and the trees are starting to well.. not be green anymore, and now that im paying attention, i can just about tell when it's going to get me. it's like being chased my a big black dog. ive still got to run but im getting tired.

thanks alot for all the wrods too, you guys rock my socks.

oooh and christmas is always like the 8th circle of hell, im forced to be happy when i feel like screaming. wee ha! fun stuff.

who ever said that now tha ti know whats wrong i can do things to help. ...

(that enter key is akiller)

it's just like i can't think after halloween. cause it gets so clod, grey, and dark. (i don't mind dark at night, in fact i love it, but it's like hanging around with someone annoying, you only like it to a point)

well thanks. this keyboard sucks, you have to mash the keys for anyhting to show up. haha cheap school.

mcnv

all i guess i can say now is, "bring it"
Old 10-22-2002, 06:41 PM   #33
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Just be thankful you are not MANIC DEPRESSIVE!
maniac depressive more like...ups...downs...touch the ground...*hums the winnie the pooh song*
Aye chihuahua, alright, enough buh bye!

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:27 PM   #34
LuthienTinuviel

actually i really don't mean to bust your bubble, but i may have that also,, but i have to wait until im 20 or so to really tell.. disorders like these run v. v. strongly in my family.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:32 PM   #35
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

You have only one life. Wish it weren't that way but it is. So in the mean time, live your life to the limit.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:20 PM   #36
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
ok...i dont know about the world of drugs or drinking too much (besides from what ive heard from my friends, health class, and in college sister) but i know that it can be addicting, and sometimes that it is easier to put off reality unil later. But usually, that later comes back to you, and its not in a good way. And also usually..the later keeps on getting later and later etc...If you want to quit, you Might want to get some help. Same if your clinicly depressed. I was, and my parents took me to see a shrink..apparently it works for some people, but for me i had to fight out of it my own way. Life is rough, but do what you think is right, and i will hope for the best for you

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 11:31 PM   #37
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

I have heard about SAD. I know they tell you never to selfdiagnos your self. But the symptoms in teenagers ussualy comeup as extreme exhastion, boredom, a dip in school grades, and lack of entusiasm. My Mom asked my Doctor about it becasue I am always tires. She said not to worry unless my sister or I become too depressed to get up to do fun things, like go to the movies or hang with friends. She also said that one of the best cures is exposure to bright artifical light. Whenever I read or go on the computer I turn on this really bright desk lamp I have. Somehow it just makes me feel better. Normally I love the dark. But in the winter months it just depresses me.

Aparently SAD is very commen in sweden and scandinavia.

Someone mentioned a long time ago in this thread that they hate throwing out there old Christmas tree. Well... this year I was at my friends house for a party. They still had there christmas tree up, so we took of all of the lights and danced around it. Then we all grabbed hold of it and chucked it out there back door. Literally. We justleft it sitting on their back porch. It was very very fun!

we all love you LuthienTinuviel!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:33 PM   #38
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
i have also noticed that i have been more sad and B*itchy in the dreary days of febuary...cant wait till spring comes...i love spring! all the new leaves, birth..and of course...my bday!

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #39
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

my bdays in february.... so i like winter.
but i have a problem in being in a place with no windows. i need some sort of connection to the outside or i feel really really depressed and scared. the ER in hospitals are terrible. just all those bright white walls and artificial lights.... (runs to open window... breathes cold air, runs back to computer)

must not think about hospitals
Old 02-05-2003, 06:51 PM   #40
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by Evenstar1400
my bdays in february.... so i like winter.
but i have a problem in being in a place with no windows. i need some sort of connection to the outside or i feel really really depressed and scared. the ER in hospitals are terrible. just all those bright white walls and artificial lights.... (runs to open window... breathes cold air, runs back to computer)

must not think about hospitals
you post that in every single thread! Your weird need for a window all the time doesn't relate to everything! You use the bathroom ar school don't you? And you seem fine in science class with only one small window!

Artificial lighting helps cure depression!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote