Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #21
diehardtrilogy
Sapling

Gandalf Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally posted by hama
Thank you very much. As I have said before elsewhere, I firmly believe that LotR was already a "musical" but that it took someone who was a big enough "Fool of of Took" to try to adapt it to the stage. I have labored long and hard at it and think at least some of it is rather good.

As to when it will be on stage I can only say that I would hope to have a producer lined up by the end of this summer and then look for a production in late 2003 or early 2004.

As far as auditioning goes, that will primarily pe ub to the producer. However, anyone who is interested in auditioning, and being in the New York area is helpful can e-mail me their headshot and resume and I will keep them on file and also potentially contact them regarding recordings or readings or backer's auditions prior to a full scale production.

Hope this is of help.

Ha Ha! I've already copyrighted the musical and it is appearing on brodway in two months time!!!!!!!
diehardtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 06:08 AM   #22
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Mneurrgh????

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:56 AM   #23
hama1
Elven Warrior

Congratulations and good luck. I knew I had procrastinated for far too long. You may want to keep your identity a secret as you can't copyright the musical unless you own the rights to the character and place names for such a purpose. Lawyers tend to get very touchy about such things.

Also, far be it from me to lend unwanted advice to a savvy theatre empressario such as yourself, but with a project the size of LotR, you may want to consider booking a theater, advertising and selling tickets.

Once again. Best of luck!

Hama
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 11:28 PM   #24
azalea
Long lost mooter

Somehow I doubt his seriousness since he neither capitalized nor spelled correctly the word "Broadway."
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 01:45 AM   #25
hama1
Elven Warrior

Azalea,

Trust me. My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek when I posted that last response.
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:30 AM   #26
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Okay It's almost one month's time. Where has all the publicity got to? Mmmmm. Do I smell a stinker gollum?

Old 01-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #27
coralied
Sapling

Ski Vail

Hama1! When are you going to ski Vail mate?

Coralie
coralied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:41 PM   #28
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

The horse idea would work if you got a stage that was set up like an ampitheater, like the ones they use for the circus. and there are plenty of trained horses that don't get scared by large crowds, in the circus, in parades, and back when horses were the main mode of transportation, horses used to travel through the citys where there was a lot of noise and people.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:28 AM   #29
Agburanar
Elf Lord

It would certainly be interesting to take a 'stadium' approach, like the Japanese and Australian tour of 'Starlight Express', ja. good for battles methinks and quite interesting dynamically. It's difficult to fill such a wide area though.

Old 04-04-2003, 07:43 AM   #30
Belle
Enting

Is there going to be a musical of LOTR in England? Does anyone have any information on this? If so, will there be auditions?
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote