Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2002, 03:58 PM   #21
Laredith
Enting

The dark-haired woman at the counter stared at the small party of Falinaur, Lara, and Maew. Now that she was hearing names, things were falling into place. However, she had to be sure. She stood up and crossed over to where they were.

"Tell me, Falinaur, why you are here," she told him. He frowned.

"I'm here to help Lara...didn't you hear?" He asked.

"Oh, I heard. Now, what are you to be helping her with?" she asked.

"Who are you?" Falinaur asked.

"Wise of you to ask," she started, "I'm Laredith, and I work for the king of Gondor to seek out the remaining evil." The elf simply snickered.

"Ah, yes! I've heard of you! The king is thinking of not letting you help anymore, with all of your faliures!" Falinaur laughed. Laredith frowned.

"I'm going to succeed whether or not the king wants me!" Laredith exclaimed.
Laredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 04:23 PM   #22
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

They had returned to the common room under Earang's insistance, for a reason as yet left unspecified. While Falinaur Earang and the woman, Laredith, were exchanging words, Maew took the opportunity to rearrage his thoughts. He still did not trust Falinaur, he had not known him during the war, another face, another name; there had been reknown, yes, but there had been much of that to go around. He had not been as important as pride would make.

He broke up the arguement that was fast approaching with Laredith, saying quitely, 'I will go with you.' He was addressing himself to Lara, but it caught Earang's attention just the same. Maew's eyes flickered dangerously up to Earang's and held them for a long moment, searchingly. Earang maintained the gaze, seemingly allowing Maew to read what was behind them, daring him. What Maew saw, did not quiet his suspicions, there were many closed doors within his mind, not all of them of a wholesome feeling. 'But how am I to know you speak truth about your purpose?'

Earang was about to reply when Laredith, assertive after being ignored, addressed herself once again to him. Her voice was calmer now, a shrewd look in her venimous eyes. 'Yes, if half I've heard of you is true, your wanderings in these parts would seem... suspicious, would they not?' Her voice grew deadly serious, and her eyes narrowed to slits, 'There are some as would be very interested to find you leading a ranger and a soldier through the wilderness to some unknown end.'
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 04:56 PM   #23
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

But Eäráng just looked up at Laredith and laughed. "Did you really think that I would lead these poor folk," Maew and Lara looked dejectedly at him, "to their deaths? I am quite true to my word, and that no harm shall befall this place or these people. You can count on that."

Maew looked at him, and Eäráng now turned his attention to him. "I am not as dark as I seem. I have been in the place we are going to now, and that is why you see me like this right now."
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 05:44 PM   #24
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

He sat at the counter and he had seen the lady approach the others. Laredith was what the others seem to call her. Dai was growing interested in there conversation, but he kept a distance and listened quietly. Where could they be going? And why is this elf leading these folk when they seem suspicious of him?

He stood up and walked over to a table near to the others to be able to hear their conversation more clearly. From eavesdropping he could now tell that the suspiciously looking elf was named Eäráng or Falinaur and that he was to lead the company somewhere dangerous and maybe to their deaths.

He was to leave the Prancing Pony himself soon, but the company seemed queer and the evil in Eäráng caused him to become interested in what their quest was and where it was going to lead them.

He was only sixteen but looked years younger and was treated as a child by others who did not know him. His parents had died and his adoptive grandfather had died years before also. He had journeyed through the lands of Middle-earth and fought against evil himself. He too had been at the final battle that overthrew the dark land of Mordor but he had kept to himself and few knew of him and when he told others of when he was at the final battle, all laughed at him and thought he was too young. He had heard the names Lara and Eäráng before but did not know much about them. The ranger and the dark haired lady was more mysterious to him, he had never heard of the dark haired lady and he couldn’t recognize the ranger by face. He inched his chair closer to listen.
I have to get closer! He thought as he kept nearing the others.

Last edited by aZnLiTTleD : 05-13-2002 at 07:34 PM.
aZnLiTTleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 06:04 PM   #25
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Quote:
He was only sixteen but looked years younger and was treated as a child by others who did not know him. His parents had died and his adoptive grandfather had died years before also. He had journeyed through the lands of Middle-earth and fought against evil himself. He too had been at the final battle that overthrew the dark land of Mordor but he had kept to himself and few knew of him
change his age..the ruling king in Gondor is currently Eldarion, son of Aragorn..which means if you fought at the battle on the morannon you would have to be over 122 years old.
battle on the morannon occured 1419-shire reckoning.
aragorn died 1541-shire reckoning.
eldarion took the throne after the death of aragorn.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:07 PM   #26
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eäráng

Maew looked at him, and Eäráng now turned his attention to him. "I am not as dark as I seem. I have been in the place we are going to now, and that is why you see me like this right now."
OOC: sorry, who said that, Maew or Earang?
Old 05-12-2002, 06:13 PM   #27
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

OOC: Eäráng to Maew
Old 05-12-2002, 06:20 PM   #28
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

OOC: I'm confused, then how is Lara only 18?
Old 05-12-2002, 06:59 PM   #29
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

OOC: the whole time thing in here is a little weird, some of the character ages are going to have to change, or just remain unspecified.
Earang: thanks.

Maew gazed pensively at the black-clad elven man across the table. 'It is not your appearance I fear. It was once said in this place that the creatures of the enemy would "look fair and feel foul"' at this, a hobbit, the one that Maew had watched enter, pricked up his ears, and turned to half watch them, but Maew gave no sign he noticed, 'yet you are neither and both. If you would ask me, you look fair under a foul mask, which backs your story well enough, your feeling though, is confused. Not evil, no, but whatever secret purpose you are hiding will have some bitter sting in it's tail at the very least. If you wish to gain my trust, you must give me some sign other than your word of the good purpose behind this fortuitous trip to Middle Earth.'
Old 05-12-2002, 07:25 PM   #30
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

"Then will this suffice for you?" Eäráng held out his hand, and in it he held the Ring of Fire, Narya. Maew and Lara looked upon the ruby set in it, and they were filled with wonder at its beauty. Maew asked, "How did you come upon this Ring?" Eäráng answered him, saying, "I received this Ring from Mithrandir, for it was kept with him, and he gave it to me, for he said it would do me good."
Old 05-12-2002, 09:37 PM   #31
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew nodded slowly, 'I will go with you.' and he sat in silent thought for a long while. Each of the three sat with their own thoughts, Maew saw that no one else in the common room had noticed the particular goings on at their table, it lent some credence to the ring and to Earang. Narya, it is, truely, that I can feel, but it's power fluctuates; the power of it of old was to lend the bearer persuasion and inspiration in others, which it has not aided much with for Earang! Who can tell what has happened to it since the distruction of the One? But clearly it retains some usefulness, it can cloak itself from unwanted eyes. If Gandalf it was that gave it to him, then it's presence is simply symbolic, given for this very purpose, without any real power yet remaining. But if it's powers still run true, then the indiscrepancies in it's potence must fall back on the bearer. Ah, but this is circular thinking, I shall not know more of this unless I go, and clearly something of importance is afoot, likely for good, but I can foresee great evil happening as a cause. None the less, I shall go, it is my only option now. He spoke to Earang, 'I will go with you, but you forget, Lara has not accepted you for a travelling companion yet, it is her mission after all.'
Old 05-12-2002, 11:16 PM   #32
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kalnarnen Entered the tavern, her thick red hair dripping with rain. It had only begun to pour as she had rode up, but now she was drenched. A good pint of mead should calm her stomach. She glanced over at the group talking quietly in a corner. Moving a bit closer, she overheard their conversation. Elves, Dwarves... This seemed right up her alley.
"Pardon me," she said. "But I believe in your quest my services will be of use to you." They all gazed at her. She was tall and graceful looking, but was built strongly and had not elvish hair, but thick red curly locks. She carried an interesting weapon somewhat resembling a bo, but had miniature axes in her quiver. They all stared at her, never having seen such a creature before. All except one...

(P.S> Whoever wants to be the one can, probably one of the rangers who has hung out at this tavern and seen Kal before)

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 12:16 AM   #33
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

OOC: I edited it. now lara is to change her age to 112 cuz she met earang there.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:17 PM   #34
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

OOC-I never said that this was during the reign of King Eldarion and how can I be 112 if i'm mortal. This is supposed to be just about four years after the war not a hundred. So I would have been fifteen during the war of the ring. Also, instead of breaking the flow of the story if you have a comment or question you can post it at the disscussion area because it sort of screws up the story.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:37 PM   #35
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: *grumbles* twas misinformed then..
Old 05-13-2002, 06:11 PM   #36
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

'Kal!' laughed Maew, greatful for a break from his dark speculations, 'You don't know who you've just fallen in with! Yes, I expect this will be just your sort of thing.' He courtiously pulled out a chair for her at the crowded table. He did not know her particularly well, but had once travelled with her for a time in the south, and was glad at the sight of a friendly face. Turning to Lara he said, 'I don't know what skills you are looking for on your quest, but wether in fighting or hunting, Kal won't let you down.'
Old 05-13-2002, 07:18 PM   #37
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara looked at the faces about her with a grave expression. Did they have any inkling of what lay in front of them? She had come from the land of Rohan and had passed over the misty mountains to get to Bree and that was hard enough in itself, but to travel to Moria. To the once dwelling place of the dreaded Balrog, Durin's Bane, that was so infested with orcs that the walls of the deep dwarf made cave, seemed crawled with their dark hides. Did they know what they were getting into? She herself had no clue but she had been anxious about it.

She shook herself from her thoughts and smiled, trying to look like a leader, though she did not feel like one. The companions were quiet now, waiting for her reply to their requests to go upon the journey, "Since all of you seem trustworthy from another's words or of my own knowing of you, I need you all and you all shall be needed," She paused for a moment, "Though we lack one part of our fellowship, we lack one of small stature, we lack a dwarf or hobbit, which ever it may be, but we need in the least one before we start,"

*Hint Hint for our hobbits to come in!*
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #38
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: Sorry if this screws things up.

Katirina had been watching everyone gather at the table. Since the newest person was welcomed gratefully, she thought if she was going on this quest now was the time to introduce herself.
"Hello," she said. "My name is Katirina Rose Romere, a hobbit. I-" she paused to find the right words. "I see this is a gathering of great warriors. Am I correct in assuming that this party is to go on a quest?"
The party was a little surprized at the forwardness of this hobbit.
"Yes, we are to go on a quest," said Lara. "Sit and hear of us."
Katirina, smiling, pulled up a chair.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #39
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

OOC: I edited my last post to what it was before.

Why are they collecting all these people to join in? Why do they put their trust in this elf that has turned dark?? He thought as he listened on and a hobbit pulled a chair up and joined the company. If I want to find out, I'll have to go with them. Being lead by the elf may be a risk but it is one I'm willing to take. He told himself as he stood up and walked over. He did not know where they were to journey to, or what evil they were to go against, but he had travelled the land long enough and had kept to himself for awhile and he needed for people to respect him for what he had done. He had only been twelve at the final battle, and after a few years of journeying alone he needed a greater quest, and for the sudden collection of many in this very inn and to have him overhear their conversation was a big coincedence. It was my fate. He thought. I have to journey with them. This is my quest too. This is my destiny.

"I am Dai, from Numenor." his eyes scanned the company as he introduced himself. "I have been listening to your conversation and I know that you are on a quest. I do not know where or to what dangers we will go to, but I will lend my hand against the evil you speak of."

The others looked at him. A child. They thought. How would such a young boy help? He is only ten or twelve. A boy that is a race of man that is young as he will bring nothing but something to watch over.

This is my destiny. He thought as he looked at the group and studied each person. We all have one. And all of us here may have the same one. We could be killed or live through this journey, but that is our destiny, that is our fate. But is fate unchangeable?

Last edited by aZnLiTTleD : 05-13-2002 at 07:55 PM.
aZnLiTTleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:54 PM   #40
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew watched the newcomer with interest carefully conceiled. The boy feels it too. I will put my trust in the quest, but not it's mover. He waited to see the other's response.