Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-20-2002, 01:02 PM   #21
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Hey, i've started to draw the crew. ll ten on one piece of paper was tough! But i just wanted to say i have no idea what Garina and Sicirus look like, so i made it up. Do you have brown hair? Either of you?

As for the rest i found what data i could from the picture thread and the how do you envision the mooters thread. Hopefuly i'll be able to post it up here soon! I've nearly finished colouring it in!

I'm going to try and attach the ink only copy...okay, that was too big, how about a clipping...Fne! Nevermind. I'll sort it out later. But anyway, hair colours?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:04 AM   #22
Elfmaster XK

Okay, i did it! YAY! Go me! Two days out of my life...

I've finished the picture, and am emailing it to you all since it's far too big to put up here. But it goes from Left to right...

Sicirus, Arathorn, Garina, Tanoliel, Eärniel, The Thing (in the room, the room is locked,) Cap'n Eruviel, Elfmaster XK, Beardof Pants and Willow.

Hope you like it, and if i got hair colour wrong, or have disturbed you in any way, sorry, but Mlah!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-25-2002, 08:36 AM   #23
Garina
Elf Lord

I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! That's a brilliant picture E XK! *Bows to superior talent* I have food!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:40 PM   #24
Elfmaster XK

YAY!! You like it! I mean...does it bear any resemblance to you? And of course you have food! You're the cook, and an amazing one at that I'm hoping to do more pictures, but with only a few of the characters on at a time.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-25-2002, 05:52 PM   #25
Garina
Elf Lord

The pic was quite scarily accurate! *eyes narrow accusingly*
*looks around to locate stalker*

Have some cheesecake!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 05:57 PM   #26
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Whee! Pretty picture! I like it. I think it's the first time anyone's ever drawn Willow in red, it suits her for this Role play. Fun!
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:32 AM   #27
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

when can I join in everybody seems to be forgetting about me!

remember Im the drunken navigator!

how abou' you include me on the picture!

first id like to see the picture!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:36 PM   #28
Elfmaster XK

Let's set this straight now.

*Grabs a table, several chairs and pulls entire crew around it.*

Sit. Right. I am going to sort this out once and for all. There will be no confusion here, and i am throwing aside my subtlety for blunt facts.

Case A, the rowing boat incident. All evidence is taken directly from the thread.

Quote:
Everyone followed sombrely out of the room and went to their respective duties. Tanoliel stood at the bow of the ship, watching the cap'n row out to land with her four chosen scouts.
There is the evidence that we rowed out to sea. Thus showing that between the dialogue there are revelations in my narrative. If it would make it clearer i will start writing narrative in italics if some of us cannot see the difference. Not everything that happens is spoken. I write narrative for story flow, so please READ THAT TOO! This is a story. Therefore it has narrative for a reason. I find this perfectly clear. Case A closed

[/b] Case B [/b] The case of leaving the rowing boat. All evidence is taken directly from the thread.

Quote:
ic: We hit land.

Sici: Yay we made it.*Hops up in down in hiper motions.(tht made no since.)
Thank you Sicirus, that was your input. And there we have it. We hit land, and Sicirus is out of the boat jumping up and down. She continues to say that we look around at a cliff and a river. If she is to read this and say she meant otherwise, then i will reopen the case. Case B closed.

Case C The case of the forest and the table. All evidence is taken diectly from the thread.

I never actually said there was a forest. Just that there were trees. Or rather, there was a tree. We were not on a beach because...

Quote:
The cap'n nods, and starts off NE. The crew follows quietly.
...we walked off.

And as for the table. That was also not on the beach or in the forest. Because...

Quote:
The crew stalked past Fred and his friends and into a local bar.
I am guessing bars have tables even in this oddness that is a story. Case C closed

So, my conclusion. There is narrative. Read it. The narrative is important to get us from place to place. Not just the dialogue. So, read it.

And also, a long while back it was accertained that Eärniel was out only sea elf. Each member of the original crew was defined at the beginning of the thread. Other people are welcome to join. They can have features of their own, but we all have a defining feature, and that of Eärniel's is that she is a sea elf. The rest of the crew are wood elves. Even you Zavron, unless you want to be a dark elf? That would identify you.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-06-2002, 01:15 PM   #29
Elfmaster XK

I said i would NOT discuss on the actual thread. And i will not. Please do not ignore me.

Quote:
OOC - NO MORE OOC HERE! tALK ABOUT/ARGUE ABOUT IT ON THE DISCUSSION THREAD. Zavron, i have answered your questions there. Thank you all.
That is what i said. That is what i mean.

Quote:
ooc: xk, you need to make these things clearer, not by describing the scene from snipets of what other peoplesay, you need to describe it yourself.
But other people have already said it. Therefore it is obvious that if we were there in the post before, we will still be there. I describe things in my narrative. Some of those 'snipets' were from my own posts. The going into the bar etc. The explaination is there, if you read it you can see where the story is going. And it makes sense.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-06-2002, 01:34 PM   #30
zavron

ooc: Forget I said anything in the first place but I am still right and it would be better that you explain surroundings when we get there! Sorry I put that little bit before in the wrong place it should've ended up in this thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-06-2002, 01:45 PM   #31
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Sorry I put that little bit before in the wrong place it should've ended up in this thread.
Okay, sorry for yelling.

Quote:
Forget I said anything in the first place but I am still right and it would be better that you explain surroundings when we get there!
I cannot forget, because i did describe, i am right! And i stand by that. I will happily admit i did not say very much about the forest, but then i only meant for there to be a few trees.

But i thought it was entirely clear...

The captain looked at the landscape before her. It was dark now, and she was unsure of her way around this large port town of Port.

Right at the top of my post, i describe where we are in the beginning. That there is a town.

The cap'n nods, and starts off NE. The crew follows quietly.

We leave towards the town, leaving the beach/port/whatever anyone else envisioned.

The crew stalked past Fred and his friends and into a local bar. Sici suddenly felt an intense pain in her arm, the shock had led her to fail to notice she had been slashed in the right arm by the claws of the lead wolf. Her vision was bluring and she felt very sick. She leant forward and grabbed the nearest table.

We are in a bar, there is a table.

I'm going to apologise if that is unclear in anyway. Anyone else have any clarity issues with it aswell, than i am tryuly sorry. But i would like to point out the fact that throughout the thread, i have always written narrative at least. Maybe it is short, but i bother to write it, and it explains where we are. Perhaps others will benefit from this advise to write what is going on.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-06-2002, 03:48 PM   #32
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I hope everything is settled now. Now let's return to exhibit A... er... I mean the RPG-thread.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:33 PM   #33
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I hope everything is settled now. Now let's return to exhibit A... er... I mean the RPG-thread.
I thought it was rather good too.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 12-21-2002, 06:38 AM   #34
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by zavron
ooc: Here is my new carachter profile.

Name: zavron.
Race: Sea elf.
Ocupation: Pirate.
Height: 6'1.
Eyes: Deep Blue.
Personality: Wearing Stone of Second Sight; Incrediblt intelligent, contradictive, know-it-all. Not wearing the stone of second sight; Thick as a plank, drunk continuously, Comical, all sense of direction killed off by alcahol.
Over all Personality: Like Gollum, split personality, talks to himself.

Is that ok?
*sighs very, very deeply * No it's NOT. What part of this:
Quote:
And also, a long while back it was accertained that Eärniel was out only sea elf. Each member of the original crew was defined at the beginning of the thread. Other people are welcome to join. They can have features of their own, but we all have a defining feature, and that of Eärniel's is that she is a sea elf. The rest of the crew are wood elves. Even you Zavron, unless you want to be a dark elf? That would identify you.
didn't you get?

Look zavron, I may be speaking for myself here but it would make it a lot easier for me in particularly if you would pay ATTENTION to what has been posted before. I happen to like this RPG and I want it to work properly.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:41 AM   #35
zavron

Sorry I didn't know you had said that! I don't look at the Discussion Thread. OKey doke I'll change it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-21-2002, 07:06 AM   #36
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I love this thread too, and I'd hate to see it die, but I fear it is not quite working out. First, I was away for a long time and I could not participate, which I guess just is my problem, eh? I can deal with that, though loathe I was to see the thread continue without me
But we had a general plot line to follow, and rules, and these rules were not abided by. Generally speaking I live by the philosophy that rules are made to be broken, but on a ship (or thread) rules need to be followed for anything to work. And I see that this is not working.

More later. . .I must away. .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:15 AM   #37
zavron

What rules do you mean? could you say some please?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-21-2002, 07:17 AM   #38
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

How about you READ THE THREAD!!! Both of them! I suggest you read through the entirety of both this thread and the actual rpg.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 07:23 AM   #39
Elfmaster XK

*Resigned sigh*

Okay. Look, everyone. I want to make this entirely clear witout offending anyone in the process. A difficult task, being a highly offensive person and all

No, seriously. This post i will not take on my usual, light and subtle tone. Do not expect to find any jokey comments here.

Firstly,

Quote:
Sorry I didn't know you had said that! I don't look at the Discussion Thread. OKey doke I'll change it.
Quote:
I may be speaking for myself here but it would make it a lot easier for me in particularly if you would pay ATTENTION to what has been posted before. I happen to like this RPG and I want it to work properly.
Please do look at the discussion thread. It is very important when we are trying to set things straight and decide what action to take. And it was I who said that. I agree with Earniel. (Sorry! I have nowhere to coppy the correct a from while editing! *cries*)

I suppose i should have explained this earlier for the new members of the crew. The Holy Wine Quest is something we started a long time ago on an old thread, which we decided to close, and start anew, so we could take proper storytelling into acount, with narrative etc etc. Last time it was all a bit silly. and we wanted to keep the humour there, but also have direction. I'm going to guess that several of you have not read all the posts that came before, especially not the very beginning ones. In those i described all the old crew members, highlighting their own character traits. This was different to most RPG as it doesn NOT include a character looks description. Here is an example.

Quote:
Second Mate Eärniel (Eär) – Eärniel started by calling herself ship’s cat. Why no one is entirely sure, as she is the well known sea elf worthy of many a menacing task such as being the first to enter a dangerous looking ruin. On her travels she has monopolised many different forms of the substance chocolate, and rations it - if allowing others to have any at all. Due to this addiction she can be found threatening mutiny because the crew forgot where she was hiding away with the precious. However, she would not become a mutineer for fear of losing the precious chocolate, and so sticks with her main talent that is map reading and interpreting language. Of course, being a sea elf, to begin with, land maps posed a bit of a challenge for her, but she improvised and improved.
And thus it was established she was a sea elf. Etc. It tells the reader more about her than anything like 'Blonde hair, blue eyes' could. (Not that she has those. She has brown eyes i think..beside the point) So yes. This is the kind of character profile we need. If you are looking to produce a good, well structred and plotted story. We have planned this story, and i believe that every time you write something, and create a character, for it to turn out well you put a tiny piece of yourself into everything you write. That is what good writing is all about. If you don't do that what's the point? You aren't creating something you like. You aren't creating anything that is worth something to you.

Quote:
i believe this entire thread has become pointless, mate. will continue in a PM
Yes, i have read what you say and agree completely, we are discussing off board, so i'll leave this here.

Quote:
ooc: I think it's doing quite well!
It would be...if it made any sense.

Quote:
i am afraid i did not ask for your opinion on the matter, zavron, but since you gave it, i must say that it certainly has strayed far from it's purpose.

forgive me, others of the crew; i am rather annoyed.
True. EG is right. The thread has strayed. If one person can tell me what is supposed to be happening now (Not you EG) then i will give them a candy cane. Anyone? ...Didn't think so. No, i'll give you a chance, people, what is the ship supposed to be doing now?

Quote:
You didn't ask anybody for their opinion. I am a member of this Rpg and you shouldn't shun me out of the way! I am a member of the crew now.
Then read what we are saying. We are saying it for a reason

I'll be willing to bet no one has a clue what i just said, because due to people not reading the discussion thread, they won't understand.

Quote:
Let's just carry on. Agreed?
No. Not until we have straightened it all out.

Do NOT post discussion on the RPG thread. AT ALL! Not even to say are we done arguing yet.

I hope this is clear.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 12-21-2002 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #40
zavron

Ok! Got it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~