Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2004, 02:53 PM   #21
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

ooc: okay

ic:
"My name is Lalaith. I hail from the forest of Mirkwood, east of here"
I turned to look out of the window, as if I was looking for someone, but soon turned back to them.
"Do you have this book with you? What did it read?"
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #22
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"My name is Keita," I replied, "This is my best friend, Jean, and THAT," pointing to the Movie Fan, "Is someone we met last night."
"Hi, I'm Alyna. Are you really from Mirkwood!?!? Isn't that where Legolas is from!?!? Can you take me there!?!? Orlando Bloom is hot!!!"
I rolled my eyes at the mention of Orlando Bloom, and Lalaith looked at the Movie Fan like she was absolutely insane. Then, I answered Lalaith's original question. "The book tells about the War of the Ring. I believe it was written mainly by Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. It also has some written by Samwise and Goldilocks Gamgee, which tells of troubles in the Shire. I think it's still in our room, if you want to see it."

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
ethuiliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 03:24 PM   #23
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

"Yes I am from Mirkwood. I'm half-elf and Legolas is son of my King Thranduil (sp)"
I shook my head.
"But Orlando-who?"
I nodded. "Yes I would like to see it. I'm very interested, considering the War of the Ring ended only a few years past. It should be thirty years to the day I believe".
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 02-08-2004 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #24
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"Come on. I'll take you to our room." As we were walking, I explained to her. "Where we are from, or should I say when we are form, the stroy of the war of the ring is very popular. There were books written about, by a man named John Ronald Reaul Tolkien. They were so popular that they were made into movies."
I noticed that she looked blank, so I tryed to explain what moves were. "Movies are moving pictures that tell a story. It's kind of hard to explain. But anyway, all they people portrayed in the movie have someone acting them out. Orlando Bloom is the man who acted as Legolas. Oh, here's our room." We went inside and I pointed at the poster I had of Orli over my bed. "That's a pictue of him."
She walked over to look at it more closely and put out her hand to feel it. "It's so smooth. How do people paint like this?"
"It's not a painting. It's a picture. They're made when someone takes a picture by using a camera. It just catures that instant forever or until the film is messed up." Lalaith still looked confused. "Oh, it's so hard to explain. I just take pictures and movies for granted, I don't think about how they're made!"
Keita called over form her bed. "Here's the book. I can show it to you." I missed whatever else was said because I had gone to change into the clothes Lalaith had given us.

ooc: I think I spelled Tolkein's name wrong And I agree with Alyna- I can't explain movies, etc. It was hard for me to get this much!!
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 04:10 PM   #25
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I glanced at the picture on the wall.
"I see...." I said. Lying. "Well I can tell you at once that there is no likeness between him and My Lord.... what a wierd concept this is. And you consider this normal?"
I shook my head, and turned to see the girl named Keita pushing a red book infront of my face. I took it and sat down on one of the beds and looked at it closely.
"The binding would suggest that you are correct about whom it was written by."
I opened the cover and read the first page, smiling.
"Ah! The description would certainly suggest that a hobbit, indeed wrote it. There is no-one that lived outside of the shire that could describe the Shire as it has been described here..."
I flicked through. The expression slowly changing to a more sombre expression as I read furthur into it. I sighed.
"It would certainly be The Red Book of Westmarch"
Old 02-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #26
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"That's what I thought" I replied. "I remembered reading about it in a book by Tolkien. But look at the end. It's something I never heard of before, and I wondered if you knew about it."
She turned to the back of the book, and her expression grew graver. "I knew that the Shire was attacked, but only once. King Elessar forbade humans to enter the Shire after that. This speaks of the year 1451. That's next year."
"Next year?" I replied. "Do you think we can save it. Without entering it, of course."

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 02-08-2004, 05:04 PM   #27
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I shook my head.
"I doubt it. Even Ranger's like myself have to seek permission off Him. And then he only allows a select few in. There are still some Rangers, posted near the borders, and they can only enter if the Shire is being attacked. Not before-hand"
I sighed. "This is bad news indeed. It will take weeks to ride from here to Gondor with a good horse. And then we have to seek permission to seek council with him. That shan't be too hard if I am there, but by the time he summons a council and seeks the hobbit ambassadors it will probably be too late. And it would be impossible to save it from outside. We can get a message to the Shire to warn them, but they do not like to fight, and it says here that a 'great force' attacked it. I doubt we'll get men up here in time."
I stood and wandered around the room, frustrated.
"We know theres an ememy force gathering - well we guessed it. I wouldn't be in Bree otherwise."
Old 02-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #28
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I walked back into the room, muttering. "I hate dresses. So. What are we going to do?"
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 02-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #29
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I laughed. I had taken off my cloak when I first entered the room, I was wearing trousers and typical travelling clothes for female rangers.
"I don't know where you are going, but I must make haste and travel to Gondor or the Shire"
Old 02-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #30
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"I'll come. I want to try to help the Shire, if it's possible." I looked at the others, and they nodded agreement.
"But first I should change," I added, "is there anything but dresses in that pile?"

Old 02-08-2004, 05:46 PM   #31
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

"There should be. You'll need something other than dresses to travel in. Shout for Barliman if there isn't and if he can't do anything for you, here..."
I took several gold coins out of a money pouch.
"Ask him to get you something. I'll be back within the hour. If your not ready then I'll be leaving without you".
I put my cloak on and left the room and the inn. The small group ran to the window. They watched me make my way through the very crowded street. Meeting up with another cloaked figure before I turned the corner, out of sight.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:12 PM   #32
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"She could have mentioned that there weren't only dresses in there!!!" *pout* "I'm changing again."
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #33
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"How could you have expected her to?" I asked, "You basically came in, grabbed a dress, and left." I searched through the pile, and found a shirt and a pair of comfortable-looking pants. I left to change.

Old 02-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #34
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"Whatever" I said. We all left to go change. When we got back, I asked them "Well, if we can't go to the Shire, we'll need to go to Gondor. And to get to Gondor, we'll probably need to ride horses. Can either of you ride? I can. I have a horse. His name is Brego and he looks almost exactly like Brego in the movie. So can you ride?"
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #35
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"Brego was not a horse. He was the second King of Rohan. Only in the movie was Brego a horse." I walked to the window, muttering something about "movie fans"
When I got there, I turned around and replied, "but, yes, I can ride. Jean and I take lessons at the stable near where we live...d"
"Yeah, we go every Saturday." Jean added.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:50 AM   #36
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

"Yes, I know Brego was some Rohirrim King, but in the movie, he was a horse."
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 02-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #37
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
may I join? please please please?
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #38
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: its okay Sirigorn, thank you for trying to do my character. Sure you can join Arwen! The more the merrier.

ic: I looked at the clothing and felt happier than ever.
"I love mid evil clothing!" I cried out as I started to dig through the smile pile for a garment that fit my favore. I finally found a white blouse with thick pants that were made of deer hide and some fur. I also found a dark green cloack among the pile that was light and soft by the touch.

We found boots by the pile that were slightly too big for me but were good for a long journey as needed. I slipped on the garments and pranced around proudly as though I were a horse getting ready for dinner.

The girl who seemed to be in love with Orlando started to question everyone if we were to pass Mirkwood on the way to Gondor. I only shook my hand since I knew it wasen't really neccesary(sp)

ooc: I'll continue later sorry. Danm that bell... continue from here Ethuliel.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #39
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

I pulled on a pair of boots while telling the movie fan "We are NOT going to Mirkwood, at least not yet, it's not on the way, and we need to hurry if we want to save the Shire." Then I turned to Jean and asked, "When were in Gondor we'll be close to Ithilien right? Do you think I'll be able to see Faramir?" Jean shook her head at the mention of my favorite character, and I picked up a dark blue cloak from the pile that looked comfortable and warm, and wrapped it around my shoulders.

OOC: Arwen, our discussion thread is called "Back to Middle-earth" (I changed the name). You can go there to post a little about your character, and to learn more about the RPG.

Last edited by ethuiliel : 02-09-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #40
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I was standing in the door, as they turned around. Jumping slightly from my quick and silent enterance. My face was grave.
"Come on."
I turned and walked quickly down the corridor and out through a door into a courtyard. A stable-boy (well hobbit) was standing with a powerful looking horse. Behind it there were four others. The cloaked man who I had been waiting for before was standing in the corner. He had several small swords in his hands.