Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2002, 11:38 PM   #21
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
You can read them in any order though, but I do believe that Mossflower is actually number one, since it tells of the original Martin and the founding of Redwall Abbey, but it was written after the original Redwall.
Martin the Warrior is the first book chronologically because it tells about Martin before he gets to Mossflower woods... his life before that and all that stuff...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 01:56 PM   #22
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
The babies and rabbits tend to be heros don't they? I think Rollo is my fav. baby, but Arwen definatly comes in at a close second. You have to love the mountain birds!
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 10:51 AM   #23
Hans Moleman
Hobbit

In the redwall series has anyone noticed the uncanny relationship between thhe badgers and rabbits?

They both appear in Salamandrastron, which may i add was the most dissapointing book in the series, in the most 'family guy' way.
Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:47 PM   #24
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
The badgers are basically their lords. Read Taggerung was it to see what happens when the rabbits don't have badgers around to boss them when they're in large groups. What did you mean by family guy manner?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-22-2002, 08:26 PM   #25
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

REDWALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!

I am a major Redwall fan!! I have every one of his books and will die if he doesn't write anymore of them!!!!!!(note excemation points) I love all the adventures. I cried when Rose died. the biggest question is that why did she die? What purpose did it serve? (stupid Question, sorry)
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 01:10 PM   #26
rainbow
Enting

i love redwall! unfortunaly i read then in the rong order and got rather confused but now ive got a list(sort of) i can work my way through them properly!thanx

BANANERISM RULES!!!!!

the spotty dog chases its tail till all its spots fall off!
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:25 PM   #27
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Redwall is great. wonderful. stupendous. fantastic. marvelous. excelent. any other word you can come up with... I read them out of order too... rather confusing isn't it???

What's everybody's favorite book in the series??? I would have to say Mossflower or else Pearls of Lutra... they're all good though.

¿Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

¿How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Old 04-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #28
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

They are all awesome so I can't think of my favorite. Lord Brocktree (which is supposted to really be the first even though it's really new) is, in my personaly opinion, almost the funniest. I probably should read them again to see which is my favorite.

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-27-2002, 07:40 PM   #29
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

My favs are probably Mattemio and Mariel of redwall. I read the sequal to that one too.

Old 04-29-2002, 07:24 PM   #30
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

I heard that Brian Jaquces said that if we kept reading the books, he'll keep writing them. Anyone know if it is true? If so, keep reading! If not, Keep reading!!!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-29-2002, 07:33 PM   #31
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Darkness
I heard that Brian Jaquces said that if we kept reading the books, he'll keep writing them. Anyone know if it is true? If so, keep reading! If not, Keep reading!!!
LOL... Lady of Darkness, I believe I shall... KEEP READING!!! I've heard this rumor too actually... hopefully it is true!

Old 04-29-2002, 08:18 PM   #32
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

HEHEHEHE. I do believe I saw this rumor on this interview w/ him as the guest. It better be right!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-29-2002, 10:46 PM   #33
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Darkness
HEHEHEHE. I do believe I saw this rumor on this interview w/ him as the guest. It better be right!
I hope it is!! We can only wish...*crosses all her fingers, toes, pulls out an eyelash and blows it away, finds a star and wishes on it* there... that should be good enough...

Old 04-30-2002, 06:24 PM   #34
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Okay then. cross my heart hope to die, stick an needle in my eye w/ stew and fry. those two sho be perfect together.

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-30-2002, 11:59 PM   #35
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I know the guy who designed Brian Jacques' website, Dave Lindsay. He goes to my school, and he's an outstanding guitarist.

As for the Redwall novels themselves, I've only read the original Redwall, and that was many years ago. I never really got into it... I just found Horwood's Duncton Chronicles (the first trilogy, not so much the second) to be far superior in terms of an animal-personification epic. But I suppose Redwall is more accessible for younger readers.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #36
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I haven't read Taggerung yet and I was wonering if anyone could tell me where it comes in the series.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:39 PM   #37
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I also love Redwall! I haven't read them all yet, I am in the middle of The Pearls of Lutra. Next I need to read The Long Patrol and Taggerung, then I will have read them all! I love them all, I especially like Martin the Warrior. It was especially sad when Rose died!!! That was awful. But anyway, I heard that Brian Jacques was going to keep writing one a year, I hope he keeps on writing!!!
Old 07-27-2002, 12:34 PM   #38
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Khadrane
I haven't read Taggerung yet and I was wonering if anyone could tell me where it comes in the series.
Taggerung is about a Otter who is kidnapped by a clan of evil rats and vermin. it's also about his jorney to find out who he really is. I'm trying not to spoil the book so I really can't give you much. sry

hehehehehehehe
LoD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 07-27-2002, 03:40 PM   #39
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Actually, I meant where does it come chronologically (like between what books) so I can know where to put it on my bookshelf. But thanks for the info.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:24 PM   #40
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I think his was at the end. I think it was a martin one. (the other one!)