Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider The Prancing Pony

Curubethion the ranger stood behind the counter. He watched the door open, disclosing a Texas Ranger proudly bearing the symbol of the Riddermark. The man stopped, and looked around.

"Which way to the Teacup Cafe?" he asked.

The ranger replied, "Just down the street, in General Messages. But stay awhile in Bree. There is plenty for you to do at the Prancing Pony."

"Is it like the Cafe...I was planning on some action."

"Well, then, you came to the right place. We're slightly similar to the Cafe...but you'll notice we do things a little differently around here. Care to have a drink in the main room? Butterbeer's away, and I'm keeping house."
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:03 AM   #2
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Butterbeer was indeed away just now .... he was putting his feet up and smoking his pipe and just plain old chillin' .... no hectic serving bars for a while ... but he knew good ol' Curubethion the ranger could handle all comers at the Pony for a stretch...

(btw will pm you Curubethion ... if this is to be chat cum rpg ...?? it may be better for it to be in GM ... or at least i'd advise you to pm one of the rpg mods to clarify what you intend with this ... sees my wonderful mystic eyes reflected out of crystal ball ... )

best, THE LANDLORD
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
Curubethion

Strider

As he read the letter, Curubethion considered the many rumors he had heard. Dragons to the north...trolls near Deadman's Dike...wargs roaming far and wide.

Was this rohirrim a good candidate for a quest, he wondered.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

The door opened and in strode a cloaked figure. The figure sat at a table by the fire. The hood was thrown back and brownish blond hair escaped. It was the half elf ranger, Acalewia.
"Whats going on in these parts as of late?" She asked.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
Curubethion

Strider

Curubethion grinned.

He asked her, "If you wish for an adventure, my friend, it is yours. What would you like? Dragon-slaying between Fornost and Forodwaith? Troll-fighting on Deadman's Dike? Or would you prefer wargs at the South Downs?"

She laughed.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #6
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

the rohirrim put his horse in the stable, and sat down at a corner of the building and watched the town through the wisp of smoke that came out of his pipe, smoking was a habit he had learned from the rangers. He was known as Eohelm in his own country, but, the elves called him roch-tur, after he had tamed a horse of Elrohir's that had been too wild even for the sons of elrond to ride, the rangers simply called him "the rider" for he always rode, and always had excellent horses to ride. After the war of ring he became a ranger of sorts, wandering and hunting, he rode further from Rohan than had any of his brethren, and knew more about the lands of middle earth than do some rangers.

He had heard in rivendell about Curubethion the ranger, that he was planning something; "what" that something was no one had been eager to tell him, so he (being rather bored) had rode off to see just what was going on in this part of the country.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #7
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn
Hobbit

Just then a young person walked into the pub. They appeared to be older than a child but younger than a full grown adult. Whoever they were they were quite thin and wore a long blue travelling cloak.

The person lowered her hood to reveal beautiful, pale brown hair and a fair face not unlike Eowyn of Rohan's. In fact, apart from her hair this person looked the spitting image of Eowyn. Her eyes especially.

She scanned the room and then spotted Acalewia with a smile.

She raced over and knelt at Acalewia's feet with a pleading look on her face.

"Oh kind She-Elf, do you know of any medicine that can help my sick mother? I know not what to do and I have searched for any herbs that can help her and I do not want to let her down. I am Daphne, daughyter of Eowyn and Faramir and I beg you to help me!"

Hello, I'm Daphne and yes, I am THE daughter of Rohan's very own shieldmaiden Eowyn daughter of Eomund and niece to the late King Theoden sister to the new King Eomer.
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
Curubethion

Strider

OOC: There's no real timeframe on this RPG, Elanor, just that it's sometime after the War of the Ring, probably about twenty-five to thirty years after, given Daphne's age. BTW: I think it would be a good idea to put all OOCs in spoilers from now on.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #9
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

well Curubethion, i for one will join you, though i think i'll need to make a couple of spears, all i have is a short bow and a sword and neither one is very helpful against dragons.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

OOC: Hey guys. I think this is exacly the same as the Forsaken Inn which is here.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #11
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

spolier ooc: ooc = funky gibbons, you are right, crub, spoiler

... right how do you do em' spolier thingies then?

TD you cannot, i repeat CANNOT compare the Prancing Pony to the unforsaken Inn!

yours, The absent landlord. ... end of unspoilt funky ooc.

.................................................. ....
"dragons, you say? Dragons near the pony! You don't say, Nob! What are we coming to? dark times..."

Butterbur looked askance at Nob who had just brought these new disturbing tidings to him.

Nob was standing in his old-fashioned stripy swimming costume, his hairy large feet still wet from paddling in the incoming tide on the beach's edge, a bucket and spade in his hand still.

"heh! Bob! you woolly pated slow coach" shouted Butterbur "where are those iced-creams?"

"well, i'm a busy man and no mistake" muttered barliaman more from habit than fact, as he reclined even deeper into his hammock on the beach, half-heartedly adjusting the white corner-tied hankee on his head ... "can't be rushing around back to the pony just now ...."

well, no doubt good old Curubethion would look after the pony for him, while he was on vacation...
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #12
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn
Hobbit

"My lady, I know not what hurt you mean as my mother has not mentioned any injury to me. Obviously I assumed that she may have hurt herself on a horse but not any serious damage. Why? What hurt? Please, tell me. I am worried sick."

Daphne then turned to Eohelm. "Yes, I remember the bay horses you trained for my father. We still have them, they are wonderful to ride. In fact I rode one here but I must hasten to save my mother."

Hello, I'm Daphne and yes, I am THE daughter of Rohan's very own shieldmaiden Eowyn daughter of Eomund and niece to the late King Theoden sister to the new King Eomer.
Daphne_daughter_of_Eowyn is offline   Reply With Quote