Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-01-2001, 11:05 AM   #21
garrfin
Sapling

Nazgul whats the latest?

has the production finished now?is it coming to Britain?
garrfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 03:09 AM   #22
hama

Well I have to answer this post as you live in Marsden Moor. Although I always thought it was Marston Moor. LOL. The script is finished, orchestrations are being written now and we hope to record the demo CD soon. The hunt will then be on for a producer. My hope is to open the show in London given the lagacy of the source material.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 05:48 PM   #23
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

Hey London!?! WOW! It so happens I'm IN London....will you be casting the production there as well? Details me lad...details!!!
Pippin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 03:23 AM   #24
hama

Details are a bit sketchy at the moment. I can only say that this is the year. With the interest from the films, and the reletively long lead time in bringing a show to Broadway (or the West End), I think if I can't land a producer now, I don't think I can get it done.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:05 PM   #25
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

How much money is needed for a production like this? You could try advertising...TheOneRing.net gets tons of hits...maybe they will help you out...

Xoanon Posts: One Ring Musical: Producer Needed!!

Pippin Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 12:06 AM   #26
hama

We have sketched out rough numbers and assume that to open the show in New York would run approximately $13 to $15 million and $9 to $11 million if it opened in London. (UK has lower costs primarily due to easier union work rules.)

A show of this size would need an established production organization such as Cameron MacIntosh's, the Schubert Organization etc. There are a million details that have to be attended to even after the money is raised. I intend to go the traditional route and have my agent shop it around to the dozen or so producers large enough to do it right. Now how they raise the money is up to them and using lotr.net might be an option. Producers never, or almost never use their own money but rather raise it from investors or "Angels" as they are called in the theatre world.
Old 02-17-2002, 08:27 PM   #27
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Musical? That's news, all right - GOOD NEWS!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:26 AM   #28
hama

Wow Laurelyn,

Thanks for the whole hearted support. Others have a more jaundiced view. I am glad you think it is a good idea.

Brad
Old 03-03-2002, 01:38 AM   #29
Luineeldaiel
Sapling

Gandalf

Just a note of thanks--took a look at all you've done at Rivendell--awesome!!! Especially took note of the music of the different artists you listed--wonderful and inspiring!!! Thank you so much
Luineeldaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:49 AM   #30
hama

Thanks but I think that post was meant for the web master Ben.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:23 PM   #31
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Hello. It's been a while but I'm back....

So much more script than when I was here last, I'm gonna have to get reading it! Hama, did you get the Nazgul design thingy I sent you? My e-mail is a little hap-hazard at the moment.

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:23 PM   #32
hama

Yes I got it and think it is remarkable. I need to talk with Ben about getting a spot on the site for your designs. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #33
Uusoae
Sapling

When the play has been shown in the proffessional theatres are you planning on giving it an amateur license?

Come visit my webpage! - www.expage.com/araspage or visit my tolkien, tortall and H.p forum! http://pub36.ezboard.com/btortallwebforum

Darkness is a shadow, without light it cannot exsist
Uusoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:32 PM   #34
hama1
Elven Warrior

I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead. Amatuer licensing is usually the eventual outcome for plays and musicals. However, I cannot imagine an amatuer theatre company having the resources required to stage a production I would be willing to sign off on.
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 04:03 AM   #35
Agburanar
Elf Lord

I just read back over this post, you wanna open in London? Excellent, at least I'll be in the right country. You might find the stages are a little bit smaller here though...

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 01:55 AM   #36
hama1
Elven Warrior

Ag...
Yes I think London is the natural place to open. Ah another British import. LOL...
Old 06-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #37
Elf-woman 2890
Sapling

Arwen Undomiel

I dont know about this. I mean this is the first time i heard of a musicalabout LOTR. Hobbit would be better for the stage.Oh well , it could turn out okay I just have to waitand see.This is my first time on entmoot too.
Elf-woman 2890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 01:58 AM   #38
hama1
Elven Warrior

Elfwoman,

Welcome to The Tolkien Trail. I am bothe pleased that your first vist to TT brought you to The One Ring as well as curious as to why you think The Hobbit would make a better show for the stage.

Hama
Old 06-24-2002, 01:10 AM   #39
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Maybe he thinks the Hobbit would be better because it would be shorter and has a simple plot. But that has been done before. I know it has, for I have been to a production of The Hobbit in some theatre in New Jersey several years ago.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:24 PM   #40
Darth Tater
The man

The Hobbit stage play is absolute crap.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote