Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #21
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

go carolina!

i don't think they'll make it against the seahawks, tho. i really hope i'm wrong. never liked football, but my boyfriend got me into it. so now i like buffalo and carolina. buffalo stunk, but it's cool that the first year i'm into it, one of my teams makes it to the playoffs! it'd be AWESOME if carolina made it to the superbowl!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #22
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

all right... im leaning toward Pittsburgh and Seattle. But Im really iffy about the Seattle pick. I may be back to hedge my bets before Sunday morning...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:23 PM   #23
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well lucky I didnt hedge my bets! 8-2 baby!

Ok Im going with Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #24
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

the first time in NFL history that the words Seattle seahawks and super bowl can be used in the same sentence. GO SEAHAWKS!
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #25
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

0-2, so much for me... that said, i'll pick the seahawks to win anyway... i can't imagine bill cowher not making some crazy decision that blows the game for the steelers, but he hasn't so far, so who knows?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #26
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

brownjenkins (4-6): Denver, Carolina OUT
Insidious Rex (8-2 ): Seattle, Pittsburgh
Next matchup: Super Bowl XL!
Pittsburgh (6) vs. Seattle (1)
Rex, you should go pro.
(BTW...any takers for a similar game for Baseball Playoffs...or NFL regular season next year?)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #27
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

I'd be up for a similar game like that.

GO 'HAWKS.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #28
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
(BTW...any takers for a similar game for Baseball Playoffs...or NFL regular season next year?)
Sure but how about The NCAA Tournament coming up in March. Thats easily the best sporting event on earth for picking games. I tried it here once several years ago but people seemed clueless or utterly indifferent. Maybe if we start recruiting now...

And by the way HOW BOUT THEM HOYAS OVER DUKE!! Massive! Just massive...

Old 01-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #29
Curubethion

Sounds like a good plan to me. Any ideas for more complex rules? Maybe no elimination, instead compare records at the end of playoffs?

I'll be here with updates after the game...
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 02-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #30
Curubethion

Here we go...Rex, are you ready? Let's see if it's 9-2!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Curubethion

Well, it looks like it is Rex 9-2! Here's the official rankings:

Insidious Rex (9-2)
brownjenkins (4-6)
Rian (4-4)
Count Comfect (3-5)
Me (3-5)

Hey thanks everyone for playing! I'll revive this thread next year!
So, who's up for a little March Madness game?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #32
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well its always how it works. The pools I dont bet anything on I do great. The ones where I bet money I lose. Its nice to go 9-2 but I blew $20 on one of those quarter games where you pick squares and get assigned random numbers to finish off each quarter with. Got shut out. Its one of those games the secretaries always win....

As far as the NCAA Tourney, how I usually do it is have people pick out the entire tournament and a final point total in the final game. First round is worth 1 point and it doubles every round after that. Its best to weight wins that are upsets but that gets a little more complicated.

The trouble is someone has to track all this. With the football playoffs theres not much to track really. With the tournament its a job. But Id do that if people really wanted to play. The other problem is people are much more clueless about the NCAA Tournament then with the NFL. They know very little about college basketball. But geez thats the fun of it! Picking teams and just seeing what happens. Thats the beauty of the tournament. Its hardly ever the sports genius who wins that thing... I tried doing it here several years back but got very few interested parties. Perhaps if we start promoting it NOW well have more then one or two.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #33
Curubethion

Well...if enough people were interested, I could keep track of it all with an Excel spreadsheet. Wouldn't be too hard.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #34
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Sounds good. Should start a thread at least a week or so out from selection sunday so people be more exposed to it. It can be intimidating if you just slap a bracket sheet on someone.