Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-20-2003, 08:52 PM   #21
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: JUst wondering is this in the time period of the "ring war" or the after "ring war".

ic: My ears perked up at the name of Wizard and looked over at the figure she had gestured too.
"I have not seen a wizard since Gandalf and Radagast the Brown."

Last edited by Sicirus : 02-21-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Sicirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:28 PM   #22
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
ooc:after
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 02:50 PM   #23
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Oh, good so my post made since.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:17 PM   #24
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: May I join? Character is...

Jess...look her up in "characters" post...she is a hobbit sword master...

ic: I drew my hood back over my head, and trotted out of the little house, shaking my head slightly, and counting the money in my palm. To little, to little for such a quest. Prices where going down since that...Frodo...came back, bringing Rangers back into the basic area, where Rangers didn't belong, and hadn't for years. I ran my fingers through my boyish hair cut, and silently sighed, for the relief of not having to wear an accursed dress. Looking up, I gave a start. I had let myself be seen, and in such a neighborhood, wearing a sword would be considered treason. Not that I ever took my sword off. I kept walking, hoping that no one would notice me, but I was to late.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:20 PM   #25
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

ooc: can someone take the part of the wizard shifter so we can continue????
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:11 PM   #26
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc: sorry computer trouble, and I was grounded, now I will try to fit something in.

ic: "Oh, really, you haven't seen one, we wander here and there, we're around, I'm suprised that such a smart elvish steed never noticed," I said, turning towards the horse and smiling. "Well, no matter, we shall see in time such things that we are ment to see, now, child, tell me your name, for I heard a name in my travels of a girl, you fit her description, but I want to be sure. If you are the girl, than we must set off as soon as possible to begin your training." A large silver and white wolf walked up to me and I looked down at it, "Ah, Swift, did you get that letter delivered?"
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #27
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

ic: Idril watched as a large beast waled up to the wizard shifter. Why such a great wizard depended on such beasts was beyond her comprehension. However, she was grateful that she did not have to run all the errands that the wizard assigned the beast herself. Hopefully Swift had complied with his duties or they would be in quite a predicament.

ooc: Are we waiting for someone to take up the position of Swift?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-24-2003, 10:04 PM   #28
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc:nobody needs to be Swift, he is linked to me in our minds, he was born and basically given to me the day I was born, we are the same age, exactly.

ic-mind link with Swift: "Hello Mistress, yes, he has gotten the message. Have you seen Majestic, your steed is missing from the stables if you have not." Swift told me in my mind.

"Oh dear," I said outloud, "not again, excuse me, I have to find someone."
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:37 PM   #29
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Spotting the large silver wolf, Sylenstra who had been quietly watching as stranger and stranger characters were introduced (like the weird person carrying a sword), dove towards it.

"Wolfie!" she cried in delight. She hadn't seen him in years! What was he doing here?

Do I know you?

Or maybe not.

She scrambled back. "Sorry, for some strange reason you remind of Wolfie, he used to visit me when I was little. I don't know why I thought it was you, I'd decided that he was an imaginary friend..." She trailed off blushing, realizing that all the adults (and animals) were staring at her.

"Who are you talking to?" asked the elf, horse, and bird.

"You can hear him/You can hear me?" asked the wizard and wolf in a surprised duet.

"Ummmm...yeah?" She was very confused.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 03-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #30
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

ic: "Amazing," said Idril aloud. "First she mistakes Swift for an figment of her imagination and now she can communicate with him? Never before have I seen a child from the race of men communicate with a Wolf. She is no ordinary child."
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #31
Fred Baggins

ooc: *frowns* Guess I can't join then. Gee thanks for politly saying no and not ignoreing me.*rolls eyes*
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-25-2003, 07:58 PM   #32
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

occ: was not ignoring you, yuo're the weird pointy dude with the sword shes supposed to point you out to everyone next but first i neede to kow if you still wanted to join

Old 03-25-2003, 08:03 PM   #33
Fred Baggins

ooc: *giggles* "Pointy Dude"? Yea, I guess if I didn't want join to I wouldn'ta been so rude, and just not have posted.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-26-2003, 06:59 AM   #34
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry have not had alot of time lately to get to Allmy posts.

ic: I searched around the land and was happy to know that I had finally met a wizard who could talk to me in my language. Though I can speak english.
Something caught my eye before a silver wolf appeared delivering to its master. My mind told me to watch the wolf just in case but the hooded figure seemed to be hidding something. A glitter of a sword was slitely visible among the travel warn cloack and the hobbit (as I guessed it was) did not wish for it tobe noticed. I coulden't blaim him, or her. The hobbit seemed like a girl but appeared to have shapped herself into a boyish figure.
I trptted over to the hobbit wanting to see why she looked so nervous. I stoped infront of her and neighed softly yet welcoming enough that she muttered "hello"
Old 03-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #35
Fred Baggins

ooc: Yes, hobbit...

ic: I stopped for a minuet to pet the horses nose, before going on, wondering why animals always seemed to come up to me. Maybe they could seance the link I have with the bears, but whatever it was, it sometimes got annoying.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-26-2003, 04:54 PM   #36
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Slyenstra was dissappointed, the grown up had fixed on her talking to The Wolf and were completely ignoring the reason she'd come. She spotted Pointy Dude walking away from the elvensteed and walk over to her thinking that she HAD to be more interesting than a discussion on theory.

" 'Lo".

Old 03-26-2003, 06:51 PM   #37
Fred Baggins

Stupid horse, bringing everyone over here. I thought to myself, and muttered a polite hello, while trying to discreatly cover the sword. Then a dagger fell out of one of my cloak pockets, and when I bent to pick it up the sword fell out with a clatter, ringing through the whole neighborhood. "CURSES!" I shouted, in a rage. The other took a couple steps back.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 03-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #38
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Sylestra realized that Pointy Dude's pointy things had allen. She reached over and picked it up. "Intresting," she said, "but what is it?" She wondered why everyone was staring at her again...

Old 03-26-2003, 10:40 PM   #39
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I wondered at the weapons that dropped from the now cursing hobbits cloak. I held my head up and stared at the hobbit.
"What are you doing with such weapons when war is not near?" I asked the muttering creature knowing that it was probably and obvious answer.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:22 AM   #40
Fred Baggins

I snatched the sword from the meddling hobbit. "It's a sword, that's what it is." To the other I said, "I carry them all the time, one does such, when others are often making attempts on her life." I chose not to mention the other"tiny" detail.
That detail was of course that I am a megil-Herdir, shich literally translated means sword master. I knew I must look odd to them, wearing all black and carring a sword and several daggers. If I where to pull back my hood, they would notice as well the oddly straight black hair, and the all-pupil, no-iris eyes I was cursed with. If I where to dance the swords in front of them they would notice the slimness that seemed to appear only when dancing swords, and the quickness and agility. And if they where to followme out of the Shire they would begin to notice a strange feeling of being watching by something not quite human. I was something the likes of them had heard of only in storys as decent hobbits gone bad, if they had even heard that much.
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 03-28-2003 at 02:58 AM.