Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2002, 05:51 PM   #21
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Ok. Being cousins with RE is fine with me. That is if she wants to. Of course I could care less, it'll give me more hobbit traits...He...he...he. Maybe we should go over to General Messages and se if we could find people there. Or can a person play two characters? Just wondering cause if you cant find anyone for a hobbit I'll play his part, that is if it's ok.
Thanks for the tip Rogue.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #22
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

I just may check there, thanks for the Suggestions. And, yeah, a person can play more than one charecter if you wanna take over the roll of one of the original hobbits aswell as your own charecter, that would be fine.( I personally dont recomend it, but I'll allow it if other people cant be found.)
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 06:20 PM   #23
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I'll wait and if anybody cant be found I'll be Sam or maybe Pippin. So each time we write we write one page to the saga with our dialogue and the other characters. Kind of like a story right? Just wondering. The RPG's I've started have crashed to the ground like the zepplin in 1932. In shadow...and...FLAME.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 06:47 PM   #24
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Sam-yeah, that'd be fine I spose.

"So each time we write we write one page to the saga with our dialogue and the other characters. Kind of like a story right? "

Well it dosnt have to be a whole page. It can be as long or short as you want. You're basically just reacting and interacting with the other charecters in the story.

sortof like...uuh..well heres and example

player one-Xander:

It was late. Xander knew he'd be in trouble if he couldnt make if home soon. He was sitting on the steps out side the club. the last bus had left a hour ago or more and he didnt have the cash for a cab.

player two- morgan:

Walking down the sidewalk Morgan though he saw soemone he know, a looking a bit harder,he realized it was Morgan. "Hey man!" He ran over and plopped himself down next to his freind. "Stuck without a ride again huh? Dude you are going to be so screwed over one of these days."

player one-Xander:

Xander looked up at his freind a little smirk was on his face. Morgan had come to the rescue again. "Yeah yeah...so ya gonna offer me a ride or what? "

Well theres a very short simple example. As I said, entries can be long or shot. but you can only make the charecter YOU are playing do and say stuff.
Old 02-05-2002, 07:56 PM   #25
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Hey, I wanna be someone's cousin. Merry, Pippin, & Frodo were cousins. That'd be cool with me.

Quoted by Feraway:
Upon reading my biology book, I realized that with the elven blood being so old (we're talking BILLIONS of years here), it really wouldnt even count as a fraction. After so many generations, yeah, that blood is still there, but its so thin that you wouldnt know unless a genetic wild card turned up (as sometimes happens) producing elven traits.

Yeah, it would be faaaaaaaaar back, I know, but not that far back. We're only talking billions of years for Elves here; humans haven't even been around for one million yet. See what I'm saying?

So if even only a single gene is left behind, it is possible for it to manifest itself within the DNA at some point. As long as you're keeping a fairly accurate record of time with our world, it's totally possible without flaw. (Elves were "magical", maybe she's finally connecting herself with these sort of powers, so to speak, causing her elven-genes to manifest. Make sense?)

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-05-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 08:18 PM   #26
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Ah, well see, going by tolkien's "history book' Humans were around during the war of the Ring, and continental drift so extreme as to be complety different from the time of the war of the ring would take Billions of years to make the continents be where they are today. In this game, we're going by tolkien time, doncha just feel special? ^_^

Alright You and Sam are cousins in the game, cool. *skips off to edit bio info acordingly.*

And yep RE, you are absolutly right, as long as a gene still exists in the bloodline, theres still a chance, however small it may be, that traits of that gene will manifest. Specially if the gene is of that of a magic...person...thingy. ^_^
Old 02-05-2002, 08:23 PM   #27
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Actually, if you take a close look at Third-Age Arda and compare it to our world -- it's seriously not that different (at least Europe, Africa = Beleriand, Hither Lands). We only need a couple dozen million years to change the coastlines, flood some areas over, and have lots of volcanoes erupting to make a buncha stray islands. Then -- walla -- Earth as we know it today. A little bleak, I know, but I tried.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-05-2002 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:38 PM   #28
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

hrmm, true. Alright aright we'll just say millons of years and leave it at that....yeah.

Bios are edited. I took out the type of man ancesty because by the time of the time this game starts, humans are humans, bloodlines of kingdomes of old are impossible to trace, nil, nada, no way to define specific ones. (well yeah theres different RACES of people still around, africa, latin ect but its not the same) ...it just makes my life easier.

*deep breath*

OK , we are nearly finished prepareing, I expect we'll start before Friday.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:41 PM   #29
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Okay, I'll stop debating. I can sense it's getting on your nerves.

Old 02-05-2002, 08:48 PM   #30
Gerbil
Elf Lord

To be a bit more anal - Middle Earth was MEANT to fit our current geography.

LotR etc is an alternative mythology that Mr Tolkien created for England. Hobbiton actually almost exactly corresponds to Oxford I believe.

At least it would have done, were it not for the fact that here, Tolkien was never born. Perhaps in this world someone created an alternate fictitious history containing one Mr Tolkien?
Old 02-05-2002, 09:17 PM   #31
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

dude....@_@....oh dear I've gone cross-eyed.

Its best not to think about it.

*sigh* I cant (and dont want to) get into the entire of history of this universe itself.

"to be a bit more anal - Middle Earth was MEANT to fit our current geography."

Yes yes. I know, I'm just trying t get a timeframe in mind useing the theory of continental drift. To judge..stuff. Theoretically, it would have taken a VERY VERY long time for what was then, to become that which is now. If it had. That is.

My little mind needs a break now.

Please, let us not dwell on it any long. Ere long my head may spasm.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:53 PM   #32
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Ok then... charwise... I can do both.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:05 PM   #33
Gerbil
Elf Lord

My apologies Miss Feraway.

Perhaps then, you will lead our attention towards more profitable avenues and begin this story that many yearn for?
Old 02-05-2002, 11:18 PM   #34
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

In good time Gerbil.

Just a got a few more things to do tho. Soon soon!

YO! Wayfarer, thats fine. If you could just PM me you charecter Bios, that would be great. Um..tho *shuffles foot in the dust* since the two charecters you brought up dont have spaces in the RP sept inthe very beginning and end, couldja woudlja play atleast one of the book hobbits during the mid-part of the story? it would give you something to do and make me veeeeerrry happyyyyyy. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?

Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin

your choice!

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 02-06-2002 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:39 AM   #35
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Okay, let's just forget the whole continental drift/time disparities thing! It doesn't really matter, and we can always make up an explanation if necessary.

Where exactly does this take place? To begin with, I mean, in our world.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 01:47 AM   #36
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Uhhhhhmm. I was thinkin somewhere in Cali. Since theres so many cross-blood..peoples, it would only be logical to have the story (the modern part anyway) be on one of the coasts (more liberal society an all).

ALERIGHTY!..now..if I can get Wayfarers charecters bios thingies tommorrow morning, we can prolly start this thing tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-06-2002, 08:51 AM   #37
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Somewhere in Cali?
Ah, methinks that has more to do with your intimate knowledge of the area. It brings me hope that you will be able to impart your visions with clarity
Old 02-06-2002, 01:35 PM   #38
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Yes, that would be correct.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:51 PM   #39
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

NOTEY NOTES! ^_^

Frodofreind- daaaaaamn girl, has anyone told you that you write REALLY realy realy well? *thros confeitti at FF*

I had actually intended there to be no Orc bloodlines left at all, but I like the Idea. No need ta edit that part ^_^

However I would still like to note that there ARE still some pure Hobbit and Dwarf bloodlines, however, families like these only make up about maybe 2 percent of the Cali population. There are very few pure lines left but traditions in them are strong and will likely remain pure if they have anything to say about it.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:07 AM   #40
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Thanks, Feraway! I'm glad that having to write essays practically every other day is finally paying off!

Sorry about messing with the bloodlines & stuff. Tanaquil just doesn't know any better. But there are some people out there who really remind me of Orcs. It would explain a lot.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote