Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-13-2003, 08:43 PM   #361
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Now that you mention it Lief that is an interesting point. Either way is fine with me, so it can be whichever Arat-Falathion prefers.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:01 AM   #362
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

uh i'm confused who's Losillewen? If you are talking about me, which i think because it sounds like it but i could be wrong of course i probably am. But uh yeah who is Lossillewen??????
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:58 AM   #363
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Losillewen is Ms. Undomial's character, who Aralle contacted to help the party out. She's only recently arrived.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:27 AM   #364
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmm.. an interesting point you have there Lief... What so ever, I do not think it would fit in with my characters character if you get my meaning... He IS a lonely shadow-walker, he does not normally gather with others.

The way out of this, as I am thinking, keeping Liefs idea, is simply to add "childhood"... perhaps we were friends in the old times? Now, that would be made possible, and perhaps bind an even stronger relationship between us two, as very good friends, who hasn't seen eachother for many many years (even many ages) suddenly meet eachother again... I would have alot to explain when I awake I guess I guess it would startle Losillewen to see me though, maybe not believing her own eyes before she actually starts talking with me we'll see...
Old 02-14-2003, 09:28 AM   #365
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Oh, and btw! I am 20 years today!! WOHOOO!!! that is two, cero! YEH!

*/me runs up at the table and clears my throat*

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy biiiirthday dear Falathion
Happy birthday to me!

*cheering wildly*

In advance:
THANKS!

ahh... no longer teenager
Old 02-14-2003, 09:49 AM   #366
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Hey, happy birthday man!
Old 02-14-2003, 10:06 AM   #367
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

*/me bows deeply*

Thanks alot!
Old 02-14-2003, 11:20 AM   #368
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yay! Go you!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #369
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Happy birthday! Have a long and pleasant adulthood .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #370
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

thank you and thank you
Old 02-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #371
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Happy Birthday Arat-Falathion! May the leaves of your life never turn brown.

Aye, that could work, but would you like to notice me first, or should I come up and ask you if you are really Glimdrell of old? Or have you thought of something else?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Old 02-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #372
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Read what I just wrote in the hytorax thread Interact with it as you like or just ignore it :d
Old 02-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #373
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

I will not ignore it, but it will take me rather long to reply, nassty writers block.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #374
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Heh Fun to write in quenya... one really has to be creative, for the language itself isn't large enough to host all words usually needed, so one will have to make new words using the words already in there I am no quenya expert myself eather, but I think I can give an advice or two... firstly, the use of "i" (the) is very seldomly actually used... in the "I Glimdrell en’ yerna" it is right to use it, but in the sentence: "Inye intya mme nar I ve" the "the" here should be cut out, making the sentence: "Inye intya lme nar ve"

One other thing you may want to notice, is that words like "-lme" (we) is never written alone, rather it should me melted in with the word it is pointing towards. "I believe we are the same" That would be "are". What kind of corpus did you use for your writings? In my corpus "are" translates "-ier". So you would actually have to bind all the last tree words together in a way. I always bind these so that it sounds the best pronounsing it "ve-ier-(e)lme" would the binding become "same-are-we", put in the (e) in there, because "r" and "l" doesn't sound right after another. So "veierelme" would meen "we are the same".

So, the sentence would become "Kyern veierelme" if I were to write it... though there is no word for "believe". "Kyermë" (prayer/believer) was the closest I got, cuting out the -më at the end there, it somewhat becomes pray/believe (not totaly sure of this). I would probably have kept the -më in though, for it sounds better "Kyermën veierelme". Kyer-n ve-ier-(e)lme = Believe-I same-are-we. Seriously though, a direct translation from english to quenya would make it all wrong, so when translating a quenyan sentance, it will sound rediculous in english Yet, much of what is written here might be very wrong, though, it works and is more right then writing every quenyan word alone in the english writing system

A hard language to learn indeed!

Check out Ardalambion for the biggest corpus list on the net... all Arda languages included The Sindarin (which is the language commonly used by the Silvan elves, I think) is the biggest language of them all, though I have mostly been working with Quenya...

Thanks, and hope it was interesting for some of you atleast

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-15-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:45 PM   #375
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Sorry to say I'm leaving for London tomorrow

Will probably be back in a week or so...

Have a good time!

- Falathion
Old 02-17-2003, 01:00 PM   #376
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Well, since you're not really present to make your character's responses to situations, I've done a conversation between your character and Athalt without you present. I hope you don't mind.

We look forward to your return!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #377
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Adrian, did you read my most recent post? We've just reached the Barrow Downs and everyone's awake, on its border. I'm glad to see you posting here again, though . It's been a while since you last did.

I'm rather unsure about this shapeshifting power that you've just introduced, though. Forgive me if I say so, but it doesn't make much sense and hasn't been shown or mentioned in the character description. Not even Valar or Maiar were reported as being able to do this. Did she earn this power in a previous RPG, or are you making it start out in her? If there's a very good reason for her having it, then I'd probably be willing to accept it. But it seems like a pointless power boost to me.

I know you're not going to like reading this, and I'm sorry to have to say it. Having her a young hobbit, Frodo's sister, armed with Frodo's sword and going to Gondor makes sense. But having her a powerful shapeshifter just doesn't, to me.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:52 PM   #378
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Lief, I take it that Athalt and Imarwyn did not join the rest or did they?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #379
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

No they didn't join the company. It's against Athalt's interests to believe them, so he's blinding himself. But he's smart enough to know that he could be wrong, so he is being careful in how he behaves toward them.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:38 PM   #380
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Is Assar sill in the barrows? I'm sorry, I reread the posts a few times but wasn't quite able to figure it out. I'm guessing he is still in them?

And, Sic, it wasn't a stuped post, sorry if I snapped at you and thanks for being understanding and removing it .

Also thanks to Lief for mentioning about the deeper parts and being crushed, I hope I'm not projecting Elise as being godly, but you're better at fixing my RPG mistakes then I am anyways *poke* .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote