Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #341
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

Quote:
Originally posted by Servant of the Dark Order
'Ey, Zavron - sorry bout killin' off your soldiers, but your fiddling with the bad guy stuff might screw up the plot. Though it could make some neat dynamics between the bad guys and all.
I'm sorry but you're going to have to delete your post. The Dark Soldiers work for the main bad guys. There was no need to kill them. They are not ordinary soldiers. They were and still are going to be in it more. Whoever said you were in charge of the bad guy department. The Soldiers have magical powers and would have been able to smash your carachter into a gooey pulp. What you just did then was Godmodding in the extreme bad. Don't do it again.

They are part of my carachter's plot. They work for the main evil dude, and are his main soldier general-dudes. My carachter also works for the big bad boss as a Bounty Hunter sent after the group.

Please Delete that post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #342
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Emm... Zavron, is Lief aware of this plot you're having?? I think Lief actually has filled Servant in the Dark in with the info needed to let him run the bad guys... that is the way these things work anyway, the GM (Lief) makes the plot, and we others just interact with what happens... if Servant of the Dark has been filled in from Lief, then he has actually been given the power to do pretty much as he likes with the bad guys... and has also been given the task to keep the plot to the plot, and not go some other way...
I though Lief had given Servant of the Dark this task, right?

and thanks Elvishfaerie

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 02-08-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:20 PM   #343
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Servant of the Dark Order
I shall be joining in to assist Lief with the forces of darkness, heheh.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #344
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
LOL! Yes, good point, Eärniel . Almost makes me ashamed of making my guards behave in such a way!

The Shadowhand is the idea I like best . I'll give you some history, everybody. This group was originally assigned to undercover research, but later on its former commanders (Who will for the time being remain nameless) disappeared and the group was left to fend for itself. During that time a transformation occured in the hierarchy, as they were cut off from their old authority. That was when the hierarchy squabbles happened that the Servant of the Dark Order mentioned. They are probably still going on, but this group took on a reorientation, changing from focusing on undercover research, discoveries about magic and seizing the Hytorax, and aiming instead toward gaining power for themselves. That was when they got into orc breeding, political power grasping and all sorts of things like that.

They still are focused on their original goal, but it has now become only a part of their primary goal, which also I will keep private at this point.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #345
Silverstripe

Re: The Legend of Tyrn Gorthad

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
Oh yes, since some knowledge of this group has to exist if legends are going to have been made, I suppose I'll also drop that this group was influential in bringing about the destruction of Tyrn Gorthad (The old name of the Barrow Downs).

It isn't currently known how this group was involved, but the dark wizards of this bad group were seen, like wraiths in Tyrn Gorthad. Many people believe them to have been some kind of premonition of the spirits from Angmar which would animate the dead bodies of the kings of Tyrn Gorthad, but that belief was ended when Saruman the White identified them in the White Council as a perfectly believable phenomena- something that magic can produce. He claimed that they were images of the spirits of living sorcerers, looking out upon the land. Some were too weak to simply 'look', so they had to manifest themselves, and their gaze was more limited. This brought about a search by the White Tower for this mysterious group that had involved itself in the destruction of Tyrn Gorthad, but the group seemed to have simply vanished like smoke in the air.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:30 PM   #346
Silverstripe

That's about all I can find about the bad guys in this thread. I am not going to argue with anyone right now. I'm only putting out the information I found, so we can perhaps decide what does or does not make sense according to what Lief has said.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:01 AM   #347
Servant of the Dark Order
Sapling

Zavron - I apologize if my actions felt like 'godmodeing'. I can't argue that that wasn't what they were. However... your actions were directly running counter to some very central plot of the entire RPG. You chose to create some new bad guys without contacting either Lief and myself, when we are the ones who have been running the bad guys. The presence of the gargoyle on its own managed to slow down a great deal of play for the others, and adding in the soldiers seemed unnecessarry.
If you'd like to have some relevant plot for your character relating to the bad guys, feel free to Private Message me and we can work something out - but you were messing with some of the bad guy plot without asking.
Especially considering that you were the one who, earlier, got upset when we added in an element of your design - the name of "Order of the Red Flame", I would expect you to be able to understand that going around and changing around vital plot for us isn't much fun. I can't claim to speak for Lief, since he is busy - but that is the reason I did what I did.
No offense was meant - but if you would like to have bad guys under your control, pertaining to your character, letting us know first would be appreciated.
To be honest, I do believe that, especially in a online role play like this, the presence of GM figures is needed. Otherwise everyone ends up with their own plot, and nothing is really resolved. I'm certainly not planning on doing anything 'godmode' with people's main characters - but I hope people can see my reasons for what I did with your random dark soldiers.
Servant of the Dark Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:51 AM   #348
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Exactly what I thought... Rules of roleplaying
Old 02-10-2003, 05:38 AM   #349
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Emm.. just wondering, who might this character be who was introduced by err... Silverstripe? The dark figure in the fog aproaching towards Hruad, Assar and the fainted limb of Glimdrell? Is it Elvishfaeries char?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #350
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Fne... confused again...

Can anyone tell me whether I'm right or wrong on this:

Every one ran into the forest, and all the soldiers enjoy a nice magical beauty sleep.

Hruad and Asaar ended up in one spot of the forest, Glimdrell smashed his head in front of them and Sicirus' character (I'm so ashamed, I forgot the name) found them and helped them carry the unconcious elf on the back of a wolf (?) back to the rest of the company.

Underway they ran into someone who I suppose was meant to be Servant of the Dark Order's evil character (Sicirus will have to affirm this since she was the one who brought it up) but Lossilewen (welcome BTW) who arrived with Aralle faced him down.

Then they all proceeded on horseback back to the clearing where Elise, Aasinav, Adrian, the ent, the ontor and probably one or two others that I'm forgetting, are.

Meanwhile Glistenfae is wandering the woods between, looking for Glimdrell, and Imarwyn is hiding close to the clearing where the others are.

The gargoyle is somewhere between a mountain (beats me where he found that mountain, 'though) and the camp, advancing towards the camp.

It's very annoying not to know just what is going on at the moment and therefor not being able to post without the risk of being totally wrong. I suppose it's my grasp of English, so can anyone please thell me if I'm right?
Old 02-10-2003, 03:14 PM   #351
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

You seem to have summarized things as well as possible (so many characters does make it hard to keep track of things!)
Anyway, I've just used momentary GM powers and posted with as much as consolidation and organization of things as I could manage. Apologies if anyone was desperately wanting their character to remain lost in the woods. Hopefully we can stay as a party for more than a few seconds now. ~grin~
And I hope I didn't have any characters say stuff they wouldn't normally say - I was simply trying to get everyone together and all issues on the table. And if I missed anyone, please, let me know!

In addition, I am assuming the following things about areas of the plot that contradicted:
1) Glistenfae was stunned by Glimdrell's attack, but quickly came to, though he had already gone. She searched for him, but didn't find him until she tracked the others back to the clearing.
2) The dark sorcerer, after killing the soldiers on the mountain (or simply warning them, or whatever), showed up long enough to spook the characters, and then resumed watching them.

Last edited by Mathron : 02-10-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Mathron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #352
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Very nicely done Mathron!

Well now that we are all together lets all make a big effort to KEEP that way.

I.E. If you simply MUST run off somewhere be sure to not leave it hanging, actually go on and post how you come back.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 04:07 AM   #353
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Thanks alot Mathron! Seems to me you got every character into that post who was supposed to be there Good work! Since I am fainted, I really don't have anything to post atm, so I guess I'll have a hard time leaving the company as it is... Guess you all will have an easy time convinsing me of your true faith to king and country when I finally awake from my cursed dream...
Old 02-11-2003, 09:54 PM   #354
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Poor Glimdrell. If he had been a little less the silent assassin and a little more the merry elf, he probably wouldn't have dreams like that .

Anyway, I'm back again, everybody! Mathron and everyone, thanks for drawing everything back together. Now, hopefully, we can continue to the Barrow Downs without major interruption.

Zavron, by PM please inform me what your plot intentions are as far as these new villains you've created go.

Thanks, Eärniel, for posting that description of where everyone is and how they got there . It made it clearer in my mind.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:51 AM   #355
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh... Poor, poor Glimdrell

"It is great to have you back Lief!" /me squirts in /me tiny hobbitvoice and runs in for a jumping hug

Welcome back!
Old 02-12-2003, 06:52 AM   #356
Earniel

Oooh, welcome back Lief! Found enough time to join us again?

Glad you liked the summary although I wasn't certain whether everyone was were I thought they were.

Last edited by Earniel : 02-12-2003 at 10:47 AM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:18 PM   #357
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Theoden

*does the happy dance* LIEF!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:56 PM   #358
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Did you check your PMs lately Eärniel?
Old 02-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #359
Earniel

I did Arat-Falathion, but the matter you've put before me takes a little more thinking from my part. And I haven't had much time yet to think it through thoroughly. You will get my answer friday at the latest.

Edit: Oh, and for future references: I'm a girl.

Last edited by Earniel : 02-12-2003 at 05:27 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 07:56 PM   #360
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It might be interesting to note, in case anyone hasn't noticed this detail, that as Losillewen and Glimdrell both came from Lothlorien, there's a chance that they know each other. Which could have the possible effect of causing Losillewen to be less trusting of the company because they've imprisoned Glimdrell, as she doesn't know them. She could be caught between friendship with Aralle and Glimdrell. It could have the added effect of giving Losillewen a reason to become interested in this business, rather than her simply being with the company because of Aralle.

Of course, the silent assassin might keep to himself a lot and it's possible that there's no connection whatsoever (Which it's perfectly fine to do). I'm simply mentioning it as a possibility that those playing those characters might be interested in thinking about.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote