Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2002, 11:00 PM   #321
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal heard the commotion Katt was causing and smiled, amused. "Silly creature," she muttered to herself. Then she got back to her singing. She was great at composing songs, but her voice wasn't very good. Another of the mixed blessings of being half-and-half.
As she sang, she thought she heard something. She continued to sing, but at a reduced volume, as to keep an ear open. There it was again. A howl. Three leagues southeast of her position. Another. A league and a half directly east. And another. Northeast, half a league. She swore under her breath. She opened her mouth to call the halfling, but he wouldn't do any good. She needed an elf. She left her post momentarily to kneel by Maew.
"Hey Maew. Do you hear that?"
"Yes." he replied. The warg have returned. Sound the alarm."
She stood to her feet, and just then saw six beady eyes staring at her from the bushes. She lifted her head and shouted. "POSITIONS!!! WARG!!!"

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 07:27 PM   #322
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew saw the eyes and groaned inwardly, struggling to a sitting position. Alaird and Katt jumped at Kal's call, Alaird's hand flew to the knife Katt had been using to cut herbs as he stood over the maid. Maew grabbed the nearest weapon to hand, a large billet of firewood, and got his back to a rock. He could not stand, but he'd be damned if he would lay by helpless while his friends fought for his life and theirs. The Gondorrim that had been with the healers had gone back into the mines with Lara and the rest. They were alone. Six pairs of eyes stared at them unwinkingly for a single interminable second, and then the first gigantic warg leaped into the firelight.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:15 PM   #323
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng walked out of the cave, very badly beaten, and very tired. Yes, that's what he needed, a nap. He made it back to the camp, and found a nice bed to sleep in. When they all found him, he was dead, worn out from all the work that he had performed.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 03:44 PM   #324
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
dont let this die down!its to fun reading it!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 10:27 AM   #325
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

As the first Warg leapt, Kal shot at it. Her arrow struck true, right below the nwck, and the animal fell motionless to th eground in mid-leap. She quickly drew again, ready for the second attack. But what happened surprised her, and everyone in the camp. The warg did not attack one by one, but scores of them leapt at a time. There were too many targets and though her bow sang, there were not nearly enough arrows.
Maew threw his billet as soon as the nearest warg got within 10 meters of him. Then he began throwing stones, knocking out the wolves, and killing the occasional one.
Kal couldn't see what Alaird anf Katt were doing, but she was sure they were helping in some regard. Or at least she hoped they would be. Now she was out of arrows. Looking around, she saw a large, bopne-shaped rock. She ripped off a strip of her garment (and made a note to herself that if she kept doing that, she wouldn't have any more garment to rip) and tied it to the thinnest part of the stone. She began swinging.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 08-13-2002, 06:55 PM   #326
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew was in trouble. Katt had been crouching behind Alaird fighting, like Maew, with anything that came to hand. Maew, sighting a rock on a warg threatening to sneak up on Kal, saw a particularly large warg come unexpectedly out of the darkness in front of her. The creature leaped at her and caught her leg and Maew saw her go down. Alaird was busy defending himself from another; Maew lunged out and managed to sink his nails into the fur a the nape of the warg's neck. Taking the rock in his hand, he bashed it into the enraged animal's face. The warg snarled and released Katt only to turn his attention on Maew. Lightning swift, it sank it's teeth into Maew's side, he stiffened in pain, recoiling violently to the fetal position and, in the process, elbowing the warg very sharply in it's left eye. All of a sudden, Katt was there, belayboring the warg with a piece of fireword until finally it's jaws released and it rolled over dead. 'My thanks,' Maew coughed as the maid turned and set about one of Alaird's assailants. Maew hurled a rock at a warg just entering the firelight, and it turned tail and fled the circle. Most of the assult was over, half a dozen dead wargs littered the hospital area, the rest had departed into the night, but they all knew they would be back, and in greater numbers.
Old 08-14-2002, 03:35 PM   #327
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal fell panting to the ground. Alaird ran to attend her, but she waved him off. "I'm just out of breath, Halfling. No need for any of your plant remedies. A good drink of water will do." Alaird fetched her a skin and she drank thirstily while he watched. "You might want to check out Maew," she suggested, pointing to the man lying prostrate on the ground. "I think he's in more serious condition than I am."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 08-15-2002, 01:34 AM   #328
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Maew attempted to brush away the hobbit's ministiring hands, but Alaird would have none of it. The warg had torn and lossened the bandage around his wound, and crimson blood dampened the dust beneath where he lay. He could sit though, and waited patiently enough, with gritted teeth as Alaird removed the soiled bandages and replaced them, carefully covering the warg bites as well. He glanced meaningfully over at Kal, 'We could not withstand another attack like that for long,' he said. 'They're coming back, they won't be long, we should get inside the Mines; at least there we won't be so much in the open.' Katt opened her mouth to protest, remembering her dream, but the sound was cut off by a loud and frighteningly close howl. As one accord they rose and backed towards the Gate.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:37 PM   #329
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
ooc: I'm only back for today. KATT!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katt and Alaird both slipped under Maew's arms and helped him stagger into the entrance of Moria. "Deeper we must go deeper." Kals voice called out from the front. "I cant go any further. It has been in vain...there's only four of us left out of a whole regement of Gondorians...why are we staying here?" Katt's voice sounded weepy and weary. Alaird felt sorry for the maid. She had never been out of the Shire before let alone on a long quest. But then neither had he. "Katt listen I know you're weary and tired...but I remember when I was a lad my Grandpa Gamgee telling me not to give up until all hope was gone, and if hope left then I was to go on hope or not. Indeed he told me that what kept him on his legs on those last miles in the Dark Land was revenge for Gollum and pity for his master Frodo. But we still have hope. We have the small group we have left and I'm not giving up until hope has gone, but right now what little hope we have comes from life which we still have plenty. So keep going." Alaird said to the dark.
The way was rough and uneaven and often times the hobbits toes were stubbed on fallen bits of rock. Suddenly Kall let out a yell and her footsteps stopped. "What's up with Kal?" wondered Alaird when suddenly he found out. He,Katt, and Maew found themselves falling down a chasm. Each one of them thought of the rocks at the bottom and thier most likely end. "You knew it was coming Alaird...at least you'll die with the others...though I will miss the Shire and Grandpa Took." "Finally death when it is needed. I was weary of life." was what flashed through maews mind and an image passed through Katts head only this time it was pleasant. A small hobbit hole in the side of a hill by the Brandywine. It was a nice small little hole. Enough for a nice family of hobbits. At the entrance she saw Alaird and herself and then it was gone. "What a pity...if only it was like that." she thought.
Suddenly they hit the floor but it was not rocks as they had thought but soft straw mats. "Who's there?" Kals shakey voice called out from the dark. "It's only us Kal. The halflings and myself" Maew gasped.
"Well well what have we here?" a deep voice asked "Thank you kindly for dropping in. It has been a while since I had vistors. Wont you come in?" Suddenly a torch was lit and the travel weary warriors found themselves in a small cave facing a white bearded dwarf...
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 12:03 PM   #330
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 08:17 PM   #331
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I dunno if people are still doing this Finrod. It's been awhile since anyone posted here...*shrugs* wait and find out I guess.
Nice to have yah back,
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 09-17-2002, 10:36 PM   #332
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Hey! Glad your back! Please post something! I don't want the rpg to die, but I can't think of anything in particular to add to it.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:56 PM   #333
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren was alone. No one near. His companions dead or injured, the dwarves and Rohirrim, at least a day away. But he was a Noldo and an inner fire burned within him, the fire which smelted the golden beauty of his Vanya side and tempered with the shining water music f the Teleri. he was not alone. He had his heritage and the swords of Fingolfin and Turgon, and the axe of Durin and armour beautiful and terrible to behold. And upn his finger he wore a gift, the ring of barahir, yes Finrod and Aragorn were with him in that gift. he stood, suddenly taller, as a huge Balrog rose before himone of the greatest to walk the earth.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-18-2002 at 02:15 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 06:18 PM   #334
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: "The balrog went 'I'm tiered of this stupid existance!' and blew up. The mountain colapsed and everyone died. THe end." I really don't know what to write. I know! An unhappy ending! Everyone can do the death they always wanted to do! Just a sugestion.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 11:03 PM   #335
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Kal hald her staff in one hand and her sword in the other. To her left were Alaird and Katt. To her right was Maew. They faced the entrance of the cave, knowing that they now had the upper hand on the Warg, for only one at a time would be able to enter, so small was the opening. But behind them there was the unknown. Without a light, they had no idea how many orcs or anythings there were there. And they were all afraid. Soon the warg stopped coming. The four formed a circle formation, each terrified to move, and all keeping their eyes and ears open. Then, all at the same time, they heard footsteps.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 11:51 AM   #336
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: Nariel, the wargs are done, you are in Moria and have unexpectedly met an old dwarf with Maew, Alaird and Kal.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:09 PM   #337
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

It's still going? YAAAAYYYYYY!!! ,
I can change my post if you want?
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 10-08-2002, 01:12 PM   #338
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
It's still going? YAAAAYYYYYY!!! ,

Well...It was for a while...
Old 10-08-2002, 02:03 PM   #339
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Katt was scared, tired, and compleatly unaware of what she was doing. All she knew was there was a threat and it was near. She didn't know where she was but it was dangerious. The footsteps kept getting closer. Katt didn't care who they were. If they had any kind of bed or food they were friends.
Katt steped forward. "Hello," she said before being dragged back by Kal.
"This is it," thought Kal. "That stupid hobbit has betrayed us and we shall all die."
"Hello," came a voice back. "Who walks in our land? Friend or Foe?"

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 06:26 PM   #340
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

hey folks!
been away from the moot for awhile now..
are people sitll posting on this rpg?