Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #321
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

QUESTIONS TO PONDER:

Can the Warriors really knock off the Mavericks?

Can anyone beat the Suns?

Is Detroit good enough to beat a western conference team in a 7 game series?

Who is your vote for league MVP? Nowitzki? Nash? (Is anyone else amused by the fact that both leading candidates are non-american white guys?)

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #322
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex

Who is your vote for league MVP? Nowitzki? Nash? (Is anyone else amused by the fact that both leading candidates are non-american white guys?)
I know it is indeed amusing and ironic.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #323
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm voting for Nash because we got a free jersey with his name and number on it when we went to the Suns' game (not that I knew who he was, but when we got to our seats and I watched him, he sure was good!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #324
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Now that it's playoffs, are you a Suns fan? Already??

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #325
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

We rooted for the Clippers at the Suns/Clippers game (and they WON! )

I'm not really a basketball fan, but I'd prob. root for the Suns against any team but a California one. I definitely liked Nash, though - he was exciting to watch.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #326
Valandil

Well, sorry but Phoenix is up 3-1 on your LA Lakers.

Meanwhile... the Chicago Bulls just pulled off a SWEEP of the Miami Heat!! Woo-HOO!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #327
Rían

Hey, guys, guess where I"m going tonight?

To the Lakers/Suns game!!

*flaunts tickets*

11th row!!

Hubby got 2 tickets from work, and he wants to take me - my oldest son is dying of jealousy! Usually I send him off to games with our oldest son 'cause I"m not into basketball and I hate the crowds and traffic, but he just really wants me to go this time, so we'll go on a nice date night

If you see the game on tv, look for the lady with elven ears in the 11th row

Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #328
Rían

*the next morning*

fun game - the Sun won! I decided to cheer for them at the game, because I haven't liked the Lakers much lately, and I really like watching Nash. He's amazing! His teammates just always have to be ready to get a pass, because he usually doesn't look at the person he's passing to. He had some AMAZING passes! And the gorilla guy is just silly and fun. But I think my favorite part was ... THE DANCING DADS! I guess it's a regular feature - some dads got together and did a routine like the cheerleader/dancer girls do - it's just so cute! They've got these big grins on their faces as they do these moves. The lady next to us said it used to be a lot funnier because they didn't practice much and they'd really blow it, but now they're fairly good at it

Old 05-11-2007, 12:52 AM   #329
Valandil

The Bulls are just NOT getting it done against the Pistons.

If they DO though... someone I know is trying to sell a couple Game 6 tickets (if it happens). I've told him I'll take them if the game is on - and I'll bring my son along! First though, the Bulls have to win both game 4 and game 5!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #330
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Good luck with that. They would have to win one of those games in Detroit. I think they are done but its really important they win at least one game in this series or else the entire season they had will be left with a bad feeling and this really was a great season for their young upcoming team. This is the kind of year that establishes them as a future contender or a flash in the pan. And a win in this series against a veteran dynasty team like Detroit may be what they need to continue on that path.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #331
Valandil

Wow - the Celtics are really picking apart the Lakers tonight.

The Bulls will get the #1 pick in the draft. I wonder if they'll keep it, or try to work up a trade. And... I wonder what will come of the team that started to show so much promise in 06-07, and then stumbled so badly in 07-08.

(BTW - I got to go to that Bulls-Pistons game last year. Took my oldest son, and we were in the second to top row. It was the Bull's last game of the year though)

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 06-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #332
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Do they have a coach yet? I dont think they should trade that pick. They should take Derrick Rose with it. He has real Chris Paul like potential. Hes a rare special player. But then so is Michael Beasley. Hes going to be a monster in the NBA. But its even rarer to find special all star caliber point guards and Rose is a legit one. Just stay away from OJ Mayo in my opinion.

By the way congrats to the Celtics. Good to see Garnett finally get a championship. Nobody pours it out as hard as he does. And wow what a reaction he had. Great stuff. I love seeing guys like that let it out when they win it all.

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 06-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #333
Valandil

Forgot to answer: You probably know by now, but the Bulls' newcoach is Vinny DelNegro.

And... clearly the Bulls did keep the pick and took Derrick Rose.

I wonder how they'll do this year. And what other changes they'll make. I was reading yesterday that they can't really pursue free agents until they get contracts worked out with Deng and Gordon. Both of those two turned down extension offers last year (hoping for more if they waited) - but then they, like the rest of the team, had a bad year. I hope the Bulls don't pay them too much - and keep themselves from signing up extra help (which they clearly need badly). Getting extra help this year may be out of the question though. It'll be too late to go after any top free agents when they finally get D & G signed.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #334
Valandil

Well... it looks like we just throw a few posts in this thread every year - mostly around playoff time or when something else strikes us.

But we are having one heck of a playoff series between Chicago and Boston. The worst part for me - I don't have cable and was tied up Sunday, so I haven't been able to watch any of it. Features:

* Going to Game 7 on Saturday.
* There have been a total of 7 overtime periods in the first 6 games (a single overtime in 2 games, double overtime once and a triple overtime last night).
* Last year - I really LIKED Rajon Rondo - how he fit himself in with the big 3 stars, and contributed in a big way. And he seemed like a good guy. But he's really looking like a villain now; tripping, grabbing a guy's head when he goes for a layup, throwing a guy into the scorer's table and throwing an elbow for good measure. The NBA REALLY ought to suspend this guy for Game 7, or they're creating a monster! It's a shame, because when he just plays his game, he is really becoming such a great player!
* The Celtics are without Kevin Garnett, of course - but boy, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce can really hurt you.
* He's no KG, but the Bulls are missing a key piece too - Luol Deng. And all the time, someone is stepping up: NBA Rookie of the Year Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, John Salmons, Kirk Hinrich, Joakim Noah, Brad Miller...
* Oh man - how about in last night's 3rd OT - the Bulls center, Noah, steals the ball from Paul Pierce, takes it the length of the court with Pierce on him all the way, dunks the ball on him, draws the foul, and fouls out Pierce! At least I just saw that one on a video clip. (for tennis fans - Noah's father is Yannick Noah)
* I was really glad to see this young Bulls team win a Game 6 with their backs against the wall - if they lose, the season is over - if they win, the series continues. That's a tough spot to be in, and it's good they were able to pull it out. They couldn't have made it much closer though.
* More fun to come - it seems. I hope the Bulls manage to take Game 7 in Boston, but I'm sure it'll be tough. I sure hope the refs take control of the game.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #335
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

No doubt this has been the most crazy entertaining series I can remember in a long long time. It just feels like they are going to end up tied whenever they play now. The same feeling I got when I watched that ridiculous Syracuse - Connecticut 6 over time game in the Big East Tournament this year.

I disagree that that foul on Miller in game 5 was a flagrant or deserved a tech. He was going for the ball and happened to hit him in the mouth in the process. Hard fouls are ok and part of the game and you better foul hard in that kind of situation where a basket could ensure a win for the opponent. If he lets him go its a sure lay up. Now that silliness with Heinreich was a different thing. He probably should have been tossed for that just to send a message. Although I have no problem with the flagrant. The problem is you dont want to end up over calling and having a situation like they had with Dwayne Wade where he goes for a legitimate block and gets called for a flagrant foul because he was just involved in an altercation on the previous play. Thats poor officiating...

Old 05-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #336
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Go Celtics!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #337
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownjenkins View Post
Go Celtics!!!

No, no, NO!... GO BULLS!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #338
Valandil

So... 2010, and the Celtics and Lakers are tied up at 1 game each. Game 3 tonight.

But... do more NBA fans care about what uniform LeBron James will be wearing next year? Along with D-Wade, Bosh, etc....???

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #339
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Hey I feel sorry for the Cavs. Without Lebron they have nothing. Without Lebron they are the Minnesota Timberwolves... But its so hard to hang on to a marquee free agent like him when there are much bigger markets where his earning potential is much greater and perhaps a championship is more likely than in Cleveland. But Lebron is Ohio born and raised. I hope he stays even though Id love to have him on the Wizards.

And speaking of the Wizards! John Wall baby! John Wall is NOT Kwame Brown! Its nice to get lucky sometimes. Somewhere Abe Pollin was pulling some strings for us may he rest in peace. Of course the giddyness will fade by October when we have to figure out the best way to play Gilbert and Wall together. And maybe get Lebron...

Old 07-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #340
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
But... do more NBA fans care about what uniform LeBron James will be wearing next year? Along with D-Wade, Bosh, etc....???
So we find out tonight what he plans to do. Im pretty nauseated by this whole circus though and the silly ass prime time press conference LeBron and ESPN think is necessary for this announcement... If he gets on the air prime time and announces he's leaving Cleveland (especially for the "All Star" team developing in South Beach now...) it will be an especially cruel gesture to the people of poor Cleveland. Could also see him in New York now that Stoudamire is there and if his buddy Carmelo has made promises to sign with the Knicks next year. But Im thinking Chris Bosh wants to be where LeBron wants to be (unless its Cleveland) so thats a big sign now that Miami will be his choice...