Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2000, 10:02 PM   #301
Darin Halcyon

Re: Did they filter that out?

Darin took a look into the vidio hall, shook his head, and walked away to find a Pop machine that sold cherry-coke
Old 09-25-2000, 10:56 PM   #302
Gilthalion

Beware, Johnny Lurker!

For I am a hobbit, bold, fierce, ruthless!

Besides...

...I led everyone else out!

Tee Hee!
Old 09-26-2000, 12:23 AM   #303
Johnny Lurker

"I led everyone else out!"

Firstly, with the sheer volume of explosives in that backpack, it would have levelled everything in Entmoot!

Secondly, Darin was still in here looking for a pop machine... and then, there were all the people who were still blissfully asleep, with Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi in their arms... you never freed all of them...

"the little hobbit scurried about reviving more of his friends, quietly pleading with them to hurry up and get out"... but then you left, while they were still stumbling around in a daze.
Old 09-26-2000, 01:22 AM   #304
Shanamir Duntak

At least I was not
Old 09-27-2000, 12:21 AM   #305
Gilthalion

"Huh, what?" said the little hobbit.

After carefully extracting the last needle, he sat down for only a moment to catch his breath. Why, after all of the excitement, he dosed off the first moment his eyes closed!

Johnny Lurker had poked him with the end of a ten foot pole waking him from another strange dream that he couldn't quite remember.

"What are you standing around for, you Canadian monument! Let's get these people out of here!"
Old 09-27-2000, 12:33 AM   #306
Johnny Lurker

"Can-do."

With that, Johnny Lurker headed around to assist the groggier members of this diverse party out of the little hobbit-hole, and back into the safety of Entmoot.
Old 09-27-2000, 01:41 AM   #307
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: "Can-do."

Elbreth looked around in bewilderment. She had just been helped out and helping others out, but was this the real out or another dream. She'd been flipping in and out of dreams so much lately, that it was beinging to muddle her brain.
Old 09-27-2000, 03:44 AM   #308
arynetrek

"She'd been flipping in and out of dreams so much lately, that it was beinging to muddle her brain"

don't worry, you get used to it...

aryne *
Old 09-27-2000, 05:14 PM   #309
Hobbit Hood

"I assure you this is no dream!" said a dashing hobbit wearing a hood with eyeholes and a @#%$ed hat with a feather.

"This is a robbery! Please observe that you are surrounded by my band of Merry Hobbits."

They looked around them, and sure enough, there were little hooded hobbits everywhere, pointing arrows right at them!

They were blindfolded and led away, deep into the woods. When the hobbits took their blindfolds off, they were all in a clearing, where seasoned venison was roasting over a huge fire, and the hobbits were passing huge mugs of mead all around!

"Don't worry!" laughed their little leader. "The only thing we will rob is your time! If any of you were Dwarves, that might be a different story, but as you're not, Eat! Drink! Be merry!"

He leaped to a high rock and held his mug aloft, "Drink with me, Lads & Lasses! Join my merry band, and we will steal from the Dwarves to give to the Hobbits! If not, then you will share a hearty feast, and we will put you back on your way! Don't try to leave now! My archers will not let you go without a blindfold and a guide!"

"CHEERS!"

He drained his mug and as he did, the prisoners/guests looked around and noticed that none of the hobbits, Gilthalion, Bullroarer, none of them had been abducted...
Old 09-28-2000, 12:09 AM   #310
Johnny Lurker

Unfortunately...

I'm not a hobbit, per se... I'm a rare foreign species known as the "Canuck".

Attempting to put a blindfold on me would be a rather silly idea... you'd most likely have to climb up on my back, and I'm afraid that I'm really not that kind of guy...

Ah, well, no feast for me. *sighs*

*pulls out a kilo bag of white triangle nacho chips and a jar of Cheez Whiz*
Old 09-28-2000, 02:47 AM   #311
Hobbit Hood

Well, you look trustworthy...

If you promise not to tell, then follow me...
Old 09-28-2000, 08:28 PM   #312
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: Well, you look trustworthy...

Elbreth looked around her at the lavish feast laid out.
She helped herself hungerly, then realized she shouldn't be rude and looked around for the dashing (quite literally) host. He was gone!
Old 09-28-2000, 11:30 PM   #313
Johnny Lurker

Woo hoo!

*scarfs down the white nacho chips and Cheez Whiz, then thunders after the band of Merry Hobbits*
Old 09-29-2000, 03:39 PM   #314
Hobbit Hood

Re: Woo hoo!

"Ha HAH!"

The huge Canadian crashed the party, and despite his snack of chips and cheese, managed to grab his share of the woodlands feast.

When everyone had had their, fill, or nearly so, and before the mead ran low, Hobbit Hood leapt to a tall rock and called to the merry assembly. Other hooded hobbits began taking away the dishes and the clutter. They left Johnny Lurker alone, since he growled in his throat when any of them got too close to his plate.

"Good people! Too long have we been held hostage by the forces of evil! Today, we declare independence!"

The assembled "guests" cheered loudly!

"Yes my friends, independence from the economic shackles of the Dwarves! Independence from their bad food! Independence from their tasteless jokes! Independence from Dwarvish rules and regulations! Are you with me? Will we overthrow the Dwarven Overlords?"

The "guests" looked confused.
Old 09-29-2000, 04:36 PM   #315
Johnny Lurker

"Ermf uggl *cough* braack arglarg"

(my mouth was full of food)

Translation: "Who are these silly dwarfs?"
Old 09-30-2000, 12:45 AM   #316
Shanamir Duntak

???

What have the dwarves done anyway???
Old 10-01-2000, 01:33 AM   #317
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: ???

Indeed, since when has it been the dwarves?
Wait a minute, I do recall being snubbed by a dwarf once. I asked him how far it was to the next village, and he mumbled something rudely, then simply sat down on a chair in front of the inn and twirled his beard.
*gasp*
That must have been a secret signal! Maybe they're really after us!
Old 10-01-2000, 05:51 AM   #318
Hobbit Hood

Dwarves

Dwarves are as bad as Yankees!

Dwarves smell bad.
Dwarves charge high prices.
Dwarves charge exorbitant shipping and handling.
Dwarves have high finance fees.
Dwarves have bad haircuts.
Dwarves have bad cooking.
Dwarves own a piece of everything.
Dwarves are trying to take control.
Dwarves do hostile takeovers.
Dwarves don't use matches.
Dwarves don't just wear shoes, they wear iron shoes!
Dwarves grumble.
Dwarves are loud.
Dwarves sing weird songs.
Dwarves can't dance.
Dwarves talk funny.
Dwarves have bad breath.
Dwarves have underdeveloped social skills.
Dwarves are paranoid.
Dwarves dress funny.
Dwarves are tightwads.
Dwarves are rarely in the mood for love.
Dwarves are cheap dates.
Dwarves never buy dinner.
Dwarves don't let you borrow their tools.
Dwarves do not have inferiority complexes...

...they really are inferior!

Down with Dwarves! Up with Hobbits!
Old 10-01-2000, 09:47 PM   #319
Elbreth of Carhouth

Re: Dwarves

LOL, nice rallying speech Mr. Hood sir.
I know a dwarf who'd be ready enough to contradict you however. His name's Grothan.
Old 10-02-2000, 12:31 AM   #320
Hobbit Hood

Re: Dwarves

"Bah! What does it matter what his name is? I care not what uncouth name his ugly mother gave him! I didn't even get started on how ugly Dwarven women are!"

"Grothan's mama is sooooo ugly..."

"HOW UGLY IS SHE?" the merry crowd dutifully chanted back.

"...she's so ugly, when she was a child they had to tie a dead rat around her neck so the goblins would play with her!"