Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2004, 12:07 PM   #301
ryttu3k
Enting

Cripes, I'm almost always a hobbit in my dreams. Possibly because I'm 4'10 with dark brown, curly hair -_-

Ummm... dream the night before ROTK came out, in which I was Saruman hitting PJ over the head with one my staff cos my scenes were cut... that was odd...

Favourite LOTR dreams include, quite literally the entire movie-based trilogy from the party to the Havens, from Frodo's POV; another was me as Merry, watching Pippin getting high off pipeweed and skipping around singing about his toe-hair. That was surreal but fun...

(And first post here! Well, again. I was on this board before the movies came out, "and we even forgot our own name...")
ryttu3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #302
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I once had a dream that i was on a hilltop with a fence all around us and i was part of a fellowship with me, Boromir and some people who were about my age but strangers. We were travelling across some grass land and i think we were going west because the sunset was before us. Then suddenly i was running from orcs with them but we were running through a piece of set apparently from Minas Tirith but nothing like the one in the movie, and i was saying that i had visited that piece of set in an exhibition before, only i haven't really. Then i was running in a tunnel under a theatre and i was with arwen, trying to avoid all of the people from my dance school, thinking how weird it was that middle earth was so near to the school. Weird!
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:08 PM   #303
katya
Elven Maiden

Last night I has a dream...there were all kinds of species of fantasy creatures. There was a room for each different animal. I think there were some things from Final Fantasy (chocobos, cactuars, moogles, moombas, tonberrys, I don't remember.). There was also a room (the only one i remember going in) with ents. Actually though, only Treebeard and my little brother were there. (My brother was sleeping on a bed.) I was really happy to see Treebeard, but then I decided our meeting had to be like when he met Merry and Pippin. I just remember someone said that the colour scheme was like being hugged my an ent. That was the main theme.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:30 PM   #304
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

I had 2 rather strange LOTR related dreams.

In one I inherited a mansion (which was, in reality, my school, except it was many blocks long) from Bob Hope, about 15 horses, and a SCUD missle launcher. Mr. Kessler, my Math teacher from several years back, owned a Fast Food restruant within the grounds, and he was also my butler. Anyway, the part that had to do w/ LOTR was this: both Merry and Pippin lived on the grounds in two of the thousands of bungalos that were dotted across the very confusing landscape [full of parking lots (w/o entrances or exits), walls (some very small while others were large), pits and large cracks in the dirt, and hundreds of P.E. classes].

In the other, I was at my house (although I still owned the mansion) and I was wondering why so many people were outside running around and bumping into eachother; and why I kept feeling slight tremors in the earth. Then someone rang my doorbell. It turned out to be Frodo and Sam wearing gas masks. They said that there was an explosion at my fiends factory, and radiation was leaking all over the place. I just stared for a while, until I broke the silence by saying "H-how could that happen?" (my friend owned a clothing factory). Then I remember retreating into the bomb shelter/pantry under my mansion. After waiting several minutes, I felt another slight shaking in the ground, followed by something bursting through the wall on my right. It was a Graboid from Tremors, except it had on chain mail. Then it began acting weired an spit out the One Ring. After that, the 3 tentacles came out and each one started beeping one at a time. A few seconds later, one of tentacles stopped beeping and started singing. Then I woke up and found out that the beeping and singing came from my alarms.

Weird, huh?
Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 PM   #305
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

no, not so weird as some of the dreams i've had. here's one i had last night, though:

i was laying on my bed, reading, when galadriel and gandalf walk into my room and start yelling at me for not doing my school work. they were telling me that i'd never get to college unless i destroyed the one ring, and i should throw it in mt. doom (which looked remarkably like my toilet sitting on a mountain...) so i threw it in, and then i appeared in a college admitance office, with this guy in a huge chair facing away from me. i starte4d stammering on about why he should accept me, and then he said no. when i asked why he said because i had destroyed his precious. he turned around and it was sauron, looking like the ghost of christmas past (from "scrooged" with bill murray) all of a sudden the music from the FotR when they're on the bridge of khaza-dhum starts playing, and i woke up to realize that the music was my alarm set on cd (i must have had the fotr soundtrack in there... now that was bizarre- galadriel yelling at me like she was my principal or something? weird...

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 06:47 AM   #306
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

LOL Lady Ravyn! Maybe that's how the Cracks of Doom got their name.

There are some really cool dreams in here! Has anyone had an LOTR dream recently? I haven't. I would need to read the books again.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:26 PM   #307
brego
Sapling

I dont remember my dreams, but I make up LotR stories in my head
forgotten lore-
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly
there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my
chamber door.
'Tis some visitor," I muttered,"tapping at
my chamber door-
Only this and nothing more."
The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
brego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #308
Olmer
Elf Lord

Usually I don't dream about anything I had been reading in the books, but I got one strange occurance.
It happened after reading on one of Tolkien's site a little fan-writing story, it calls "Nazguli-guli-guli".

Can't give a URL, because, any way, it's in foreign language, but in nutshell it's about having in the future an apparats with ability to create for the person a body which he wants. One of such apparat was ceased by Tolkien's RPG fans and they started worldwide to transform themselves into theirs favorite characters, but unfortuntelly with their look somehow they ascquired their personality too. Naturally it created unrest and blodshed in the world to the point that the World Council decided to separate all of them in Reservation fenced with electro-magnetic shield. Later, with electro-magnetic protection the tourists were able to fly over the island and walk in the Elven-built cities or inspect the built Towers.

A boy begs his father, a man, who once had been an active participant in RPGs and escaped the fate of his friends just because he had some emergency, to take him to Reservation. With hard heart the father was walking through the Reservation afraid to recognise in beautiful or hideous
faces the faces of his friends, but the boy was extatic and wanted to see the Tower and his favorite Nazguls. He called them as people call the doves:"Nazguli-guli-guli"...They not supposed to hear because of the shield,but they heard and appeared.To his horror the father realised that they learnt how to breach the shield and now coming to the boy with the voices like a rustle of dry leaves:"The Ring... The Ring.. give us the Ring, we can't come back to who we were without the Ring..."

At the end of the story they timely escape the danger, although the father had to be treated in revival mashine.

I went to bed with a thought about one of my friends, who is really got hooked on Tolkien's RPGs, that with such obsession you can become whatever you want to become even without the mashine.
Later I dreamed that this friend, all pale, came to my door saying: "I'm fading...I need the Ring.. the Ring..." Startled, I woke up and can't figure out if I still dreaming or awake, because I was still hearing the whispers.

What interesting is that night he was delivered into emergency with knife wound and the lost a lot of blood. He is OK now.
I'm still hardly believing that such creepy thing had happened in connection with Tolkien.

Last edited by Olmer : 11-29-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:14 PM   #309
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i had a dream about viggo mortensen, orlando bloom and sean bean the other night, but that's about al i can say ona PG-13 board
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:29 AM   #310
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

UGH! Last Child, could we open a separate subforum rated R perhaps?
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #311
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I have had 2 dreams related to LotR. In the first one I was just sitting in a restaurant in New Zealand when Peter Jackson sat down at a table nearby. I was staring at him trying to convince myself that it wasn't really him when Viggo, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd, and Dominic all came in and sat down next to him. I think I just sat there staring for the rest of the dream. In the second dream I was at this gas station thing in the middle of the desert having a party. I was really bored, and then Viggo Mortensen and Miranda Otto walked in. I told my sister and she didn't care. Then I walked up to them and Miranda Otto said You're The Reason We're Here! I sat down next to them and then I woke up.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #312
katya
Elven Maiden

Tolkien inspired dreams are the second sign, the second stage. What I mean is, I've come up with three phases of going through a Tolkien phase. Last night I had a brief dream that Feanor married Arien the maia. I think it had to do with the fire thing but overall it was pretty stupid.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #313
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Yeah, that is stupid because he was supPOSED to marrying ME!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:44 PM   #314
katya
Elven Maiden

You're hopeless.

I think I had another Tolkien dream last night but I can't remember what it was about.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #315
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
i had a dream about viggo mortensen, orlando bloom and sean bean the other night, but that's about al i can say ona PG-13 board
this seems to be abit of a recurring dream for me, although somehow dani filth, mortiis and ville valo are now in on it i mean what have they to do with LotR? weird!!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM   #316
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I often have my Nazgul co-characters (like Lilly, and the Morgul Lord, and one time Buz, etcetera) appear in my dreams, doing little impromptu cameos in an otherwise non-Tolkien themed dream. Like last night eve, some Nazzies showed up and hung around a while in a dream I was having which had nothing to do with Nazguls - it was an adventure that my friend and I were having in some foreign country. Cool dream, though! And my Nazguls are always welcome in my dreams. I love it when they come!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #317
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

LOL, that's hilarious about the Nazguls. I haven't had a LotR dream in forever... Maybe I'll have one tonight?
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #318
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I had a really weird dream with a little LOTR in it.
I was walking through a forest, and the was lip gloss hanging from the trees. Then I think a hobbit or something walked up to me, I don't really remember.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #319
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Gollum

Well, I suppose I have to start reading the books again to start getting the dreams again. Most of my Tolkien realated dreams are from the Sil, or rather not from the Silmarillion but in locations that I imagine in the Silmarillion.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #320
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I had a dream about Merry, once. It was all about Merry... I don't remember what happened, though.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote