Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 AM   #301
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh really?! Oh ho, more fun! Yeah, I think I will have him on the way to meet Val in the herring and get nailed, by some as yet to be determined assailent, then you lot can find him at your leasure! (cant spell that word)

I didnt know they were related, but i am being silly, most nobility is! *plotty plot plot* You go and lead, I follow and put in the details!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #302
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Val - when is Buz gonna blow over all of this - he won't! He knows its all in a day's work with Lilly; she's got her own special Nazgul talents and one of her best ones is the temptress flirt thing, which doesn't really bug Buz; after all, HE'S the one she goes home to at night. He's the one who really matters to her; everyone else man-wise is just a toy or a means to an evil end, right CS?

Speaking of Buz, I'd like to enter in a bio for him in the Calling All Nazgul info thread. Want to flesh him out a little - no Nazgul pn intended! I've written some stuff up for him. Can those who've been instrumental in designing him please PM me with any details I should include in his Bio, like - is he an Easterling? or half-easterling, when was he supposed to hae been wraithed and how, stuff like that if you all already established these facts. CS, Gordis, TD, Udu et alia involved. Basically, Bad Guys Only please!

AND - you guys, doesn't it seem like Structural Engineering would fall into the same category as Bridge Building and Defensive Building, and that Ship Building would actually be a Structural Engineering specialty course? Just wondering. Gordis, any thoughts? I'm just wondering.

AND - also, can we even out the time frames within posts a little, so that times are coinciding between posts? If a total newbie tried to read the way we all do our posts jumping around - 5 o'clock here, 8 there, 9 another place, then back to 3, etcetera - talk about interrupting the flow. And it makes it harder to be able to interact, too. Just sayin'.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 AM   #303
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

well, structural engeneering could be an entire department of itself, with these different branches of it. Like the science department with biology, zoology ect.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #304
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Thank you, All, for being so sympathetic. The 'moothug's are warm even through the miles of wires!

CS, you were right. I just posted, and I do feel better. And Lotesse, I'm not going anywhere! Was just feeling v. v. depressed thats all.

Good posts all around. BTW, I almost missed Shah's new post. If anyone else has gone back and done any edit/placeholder fleshers, would you please tell me the post number? I hate missing them...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 12-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #305
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Nay - not a threat, but rather a jest. I thought that any more re-writing (even to make it more convenient for you to come - if I could do so by making it earlier) - would just drive you up the wall. So... I didn't think you'd take that offer.
Up the wall, up the wall.... pffft I'm a very calm and collected sea Elf and don't get violent very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Good posts all around. BTW, I almost missed Shah's new post. If anyone else has gone back and done any edit/placeholder fleshers, would you please tell me the post number? I hate missing them...
I agree, I'd like that also. If I'm going to have to deal with alternative universes I'd rather also know the final one.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #306
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great posts, All!. Especially I loved yours, Serenoli! You have a talent to depict the surroundings so vividly! I could see the picture: a nazgul and a dwarf playing cards, both hooded and ominous. What was that game, Serenoli? Does it really exist?

Lotesse and CS, I think Buz at least should become aware of Tol's presence, and Lilly as well, when her excitement about seeing the King abates. I hope she will have brains enough not to play pranks on him, as she did on Udu...The matters at RH are clearly becoming very interesting...

Lotesse Yes, Buzukkumarz is an Easterling, as far as I remember things already posted somwhere here from Rhun close to the border with Rhovanion.A little West and North from Khamul's old kingdom. Not far from where Dorwinion wine comes from...Basically Lilly and himself must have returned to Buz's old land after the Last Alliance War. Buz may have been nostalgic . He is a healer and good in spells and poisons, when sober. When was he wraithed? Anytime between Second Age 1700 and SA 2250. Up to you, as is the story of how it had been done. He knew nothing about Rings when he got one. Also he looks young, so he was young when he got the Ring.
And his Fake story is practically covered by CS, in the INFO about Lilly.

Speaking of Marty Suppose after the race he went to the Rotting Cod again? There one can get knifed for no big reason at all...

Alternatively, after noon, Buz was somewhere around the docks, drinking alone. He could have arranged that knife thrust, not personally, of course, but planting a SUGGESTION in someone's mind, weakened by too much booze... An easy thing to do, even for a trained mortal, like Oreturion, easier still for a nazgul. I believe he might have been jealous of his Lil, so decided to incapacitate Marty at least for some time.

And note, at 5-6 PM Buz was completely sober, so there must have been a time when he used a sobering spell on himself . Yes, I bet Buz was up to no good in the port... Do you like that, Lotesse and Sane?

Last edited by Gordis : 12-07-2005 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #307
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Let's don't do Marty in too quickly. Heck... maybe he's just studying!

I don't think I've seen the race in full either. Where is it? Marty was in that right? Is that his last known where-abouts?

What was his course schedule like on Monday?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #308
Valandil

To answer my own question, Marty has:

Sword Smithing (M/W - 3:00-6:00p)
Defensive Building (T/T - 9:50-10:50a)
Siege Tactics (T/T - 11:00-Noon)
Commerce (T/T - 2:50-3:50p)
Wine Tasting (T/T - 4:00-6:00p)

So - like me and maybe some others, he has a light Monday/Wednesday - and heavy Tuesday & Thursday. The slug even has Fridays off!

Back to that issue of other students - I also figure there are other professors around besides those introduced so far. Nor do we need a full accounting of who all the professors are and what all the courses offered are - let's leave it a little undefined (esp so we can draw from that undefined pool, if need be).

The schedule we have satisfies the needs of all the players, so it doesn't need to go any farther.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #309
Valandil

Oh - and I see that LMM mentions him being at the sword-smithing class. I was trying to find other references to his activities, but only scanned.

Rian - didn't you and Earniel visit Mahtaliel and show her a dagger... was that after sword-smithing? I couldn't find that post just now.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #310
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Thanks Lotesse - oh - and CS - let me know if I should change it and welcome the Elves in a later post. Particularly if you had something in mind. You might put yourself in a bad light though if you come onto the King, then he finds out that you and his friend Marty had something going. (and when IS Buz gonna just BLOW over all this??) But you DID get there first, so if you want a little more interaction, that's OK with me (just didn't want to leave the other ladies dangling either).

This could be kind of awkward... Val calling Rian over to a table where two of her former employers have just joined him... and he has NO IDEA! Sounds like something that could happen to me!
No, all is perfect, Val. No edits needed.

Serenoli! What a great post! I admire you, being able to write that good when you are so sad. Keep going!

LSPPlease, what had been updated? Please, give us post numbers!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #311
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes, he was in the race. And I didnt mean for him to have so many light days, but rather even, but i didnt make the schedule. Either way, it fits! Yeah, have Udu bump (or attempt to anyway) Marty off. 5-6 you say?

That fits well, for 6 would be about the time he got off from his class, if not earlier as it was first day of class. I'll just have him meander his way over to the docks and get knifed...if that is okay with Val and Lotesse.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #312
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Rian - Thanx 4 re-installing your post, and for trying to work with me! I appreciate it a lot.

Quote:
There's just a few things I wanted to mention: If you could take out the part where Viv wants him to notice her - she doesn't much care at all about men noticing her,she's entirely non-vain that way, a real tomboy. Men notice her because she's beautiful without trying to be, and she's got a daring spark about her that most women don't have at all. The whole episode would have been staged so that she could satisfy her curiosity about Elves in Tharbad in general, and to kill a little time, etc. See, the way you'd written it to begin with, is how I responded with the post I wrote. When you first wrote the scene with Viv staging a distressed female thing, you (and Alagos) didn't know yet that I'd respond by having Viv laughingly admit it was an act. SO, Alagos wouldn't have said to the horse he knew it was an act, and so forth...
Yes, I'll take out that part, but just so you know, I didn't mean for it to seem that she was vain at ALL - I meant it as kind of a "oh, aren't men ridiculous the way they stare at me" type thing, and because she's in a lively mood, it's just for the fun of it that she wants this man to look at her, too - kind of like when you're randomly throwing some stones and keep hitting the same thing, then you notice, and then try to hit it again - kind of a strange description, but do you know what I mean? It was just a spur-of-the-moment fun thing because of her lively mood - NOT because she was vain. But I'll edit and make that more clear.

And as far as Alagos, his comment about it being an act is directed to the HORSE, and is entirely in line with who he is, because of the Elves' sensitivity to animals. Even I, a human can read a horse's mood (you can tell a heck of a lot by the way their ears are moving - for example, a typical alert horse that is sensitive to its rider has one ear forward and one flicking back towards the rider, in my experience - how about you, Sane? And if both ears are flat back against their head, then you better watch out for your patootie! ), and it was NO problem for him to realize that Laslech was NOT frightened at all, but was just having some fun. And it was also said to soothe the unknown lady a bit - like "don't worry, your horse is fine" - see? and to give her a bit of time to recover (such a gentleman! ) He had no idea that Viv instigated the event, but he DID realize that the horse was NOT scared.

Anyway, I'll go and edit, and pop a note in here when I"m done

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-07-2005 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #313
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yep, ears, eyes and body posture. Volricom does the same, one ear alert, the other switching forward and back to me. Or at times he turns his head to the side when I am in saddle and speaking to him. When I am out of the saddle, i just look at his eyes and he tells me things.

Though I dont think Viv and Laslech have come to the point where they can see eye to eye () about things and know eachothers thoughts. Ray might have to give lessons.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #314
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Yep, ears, eyes and body posture.
Yup. I gave the ear example because it's not something that a non-horse person would realize, and it's really interesting!

Quote:
Volricom does the same, one ear alert, the other switching forward and back to me.
Exactly. With my horse, it was always his right ear that flicked back and forth. Funny - are horses right- or left-eared?

Quote:
Or at times he turns his head to the side when I am in saddle and speaking to him. When I am out of the saddle, i just look at his eyes and he tells me things.
*sigh*
*misses horses*

Maggie and Serenoli - really lovely, evocative posts - I loved the "shadows to adorn the walls." bit in Maggie's post, and the hood discussions in Serenoli's. Lovely!

CS - Fun post - poor Lilly is just being innundated with stinkin' Elves! I hope Buz makes her feel better later on

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 12-07-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #315
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yeah, funny you mentioned that. I have a few left eared horse and few right eared horses. And yeah, actually it makes sense, because Volricom leads with his left, (for some reason) and its his left ear that always flicks back. HA! I never thought about it that way...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #316
Rían

That's interesting! You'll have to do some scientific studies on it and report back

I don't recall which lead my horse favored - he just took the one I prompted him to take. But it was definitely his right ear that did the flick thing - I can still picture it...

Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #317
Rían

Val - the dagger post is #602. I love your new posts - esp. the description of when Val notices a guy with the two ladies! Great picture and description! ("Who is that guy?!") But for the seating arrangements - you said there was only 1 seat left - was that on purpose, to see who would sit next to you? But certainly you would stand up and give up your seat, since there are TWO ladies, right? Or did they just pull over some chairs or something?

I wrote Alagos' response and added in a fun incident that I imagined - I'm sure Alagos spent some time in Imladris, and his renown as an archer would be known there, and perhaps little Val was interested and asked for some tips, and an unfortunate accident happened ... altho it was just a glancing blow ... anyway, let me know if you want that in or not

And Val, I imagine as host (it was your table first) you would need to perform the interesting task of introducing your tablemates to the newcomers, right?

Lotesse - let me know if my edits are OK with you

Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM   #318
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Very nice posts today!

Re: table arrangements

I understood from CS's and Val's posts that there were 2 benches at the table opposite each other: each for 3 persons. So Val shifted to let E and R sit near him, while A sat on Lilly's and Buz's bench opposite.

Quote:
I see you grown to your manhood, though, you remind me of your far-off relative, Elendur
Rian, Elendur was Valandil's ELDER BROTHER
Old 12-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #319
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

non of this means anything to me ... suppose i better go read ...

...sounds good though ...
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #320
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Yes, he was in the race. And I didnt mean for him to have so many light days, but rather even, but i didnt make the schedule. Either way, it fits! Yeah, have Udu bump (or attempt to anyway) Marty off. 5-6 you say?

That fits well, for 6 would be about the time he got off from his class, if not earlier as it was first day of class. I'll just have him meander his way over to the docks and get knifed...if that is okay with Val and Lotesse.
I believe it is difficult to fit.
At 5.30 Buz came to the Singing Swan, it is supported by a dozen of posts each one timed down to a minute. Since 5.30 Buz has an iron alibi.

The Sword-Smithing lesson on Monday is from 3 till 6 PM.
So, for Marty, if he was at the sword smithing lesson, it would be impossible to meet Buz. Unless, either Mahtaliel ended her first lesson much earlier - at 4.30 at the latest, or Marty was not there. Either way, you will have to ask LMM to edit one of her posts slightly.

An Evil nitpicker

Last edited by Gordis : 12-07-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread