Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #301
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - NBA...

The East looks interesting to me. For one, the Bulls are actually in the thick of the playoff race! What is so interesting though is how weak the one division is (is it called Atlantic?). The division winners will get the top three seeds, but seeds 4, 5 and maybe 6 should all have better records than the winner of that division, which will get the 3 seed.

Now - I wouldn't advise one of these young teams which are finally experiencing some success to 'take a dive' - Chicago and Washington look like they'll land in the #4 and 5 slots... but the 6th seed might actually have a better chance to go further in the playoffs (right now that's Indiana - Lizra, you still listening?). 4 and 5 will play each other, with the winner taking on the winner of 1-8 - so they'd likely get Miami, which is looking pretty impressive. 6 could very likely get an 'upset' over 3 in the first round, and then would only have to take on the 2 seed instead of the 1, in the second round.

So... I think the 1 and 2 seeds have the best chances to advance to the Eastern finals - but I think 6 might have the next best chance after them.

Lakers... heeheehee!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #302
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

When does the season officially end? Should be an interesting series between the Bulls and the Wizards eh? Back later with predictions...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #303
Valandil

Season should end soon, but I'm not sure of the date. I think most teams have 6-8 games left - so probably two weeks or less.

Washington may have 'figured it out' - they have just slipped down into 6th and Indiana has passed them to move up to 5th (I think). Do you pull for the Wizards? They're the closest to you, right?

(EDIT: Meanwhile, the Bulls keep losing key players, but keep winning games!... if these guys can't come back, they may not have much chance in the first round regardless. Hey - is the news about Eddie Curry national or just local? He was taken to a hospital with irregular heartbeats. At first they were talking about him being back in a couple days, but they keep doing more tests, getting more opinions and being real hush-hush about it. I hope the guy ends up OK. He's so young... )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 04-11-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #304
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Yeah the Wizards seem to be tanking just at the right time of the year. Theyve lost 5 in a row now after playing pretty well all year. Now theres talk about them slipping out of the playoff picture all together... Typical of the former bullets... No one really seriously believed this winning thing could last here. Its all a big set up.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:58 PM   #305
Valandil

The Bulls are off to a good start - winning that first game and leading the second by several points with just a couple minutes as I write. It's interesting how they've come together after such a bad start this year and are playing such good ball - without the superstars! And then... to have lost the best player they DID have just a few games before the playoffs - they're really making a nice run!

Hope Lizra comes back around... at least for a bit of THIS thread!

(no God-talk here Lizzie... I PROMISE!! )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #306
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

See what did i tell you about the wizards! always a disapointment in the end. Still looking for their first playoff win since 1988... Ben Gordon was five years old...

Old 05-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #307
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Sorry Val.

Oh well. At least you dont need to watch YOUR team get creamed by the Heat now...

Old 05-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #308
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Cool Val! Dang! Pacers got creamed by the Pistons.... Wonder what our coach will cook up for the next game.

So whats the prediction for the west?

Last edited by Lizra : 05-10-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #309
Valandil

What do the rest of you think of Chicago trading Eddy Curry to the Knicks?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #310
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
What do the rest of you think of Chicago trading Eddy Curry to the Knicks?
Seemed all very strange. Whats this about a DNA test? I thought they were trying to build their future around him. Or were they looking to shake stuff up? Anyway, I can atest for Sweetney being a solid player from his college days if hes used right. And Tim Thomas is good.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #311
Valandil

Well - I doubted this would work out, but it looks like a major improvement for the Bulls...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5757094

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #312
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Thats an understatement. I think the bulls just vaulted up to one of the best teams in their conference now. First off, this Thomas kid from LSU is prime A material. His upside is enormous. A big long athletic kid who can get active under the boards and moves fast. He could be another Shawn Marion type if he works on his offensive game. Him and and Randy Foye are gonna wind up being the stars of this years draft I think. If not now then certainly down the road with some experience.

And now Big Ben? what a pick up. That just shifts so many things in the eastern conference. Look for the bulls to dominate many teams on rebounding and defensively now.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #313
Valandil

Oh man... the Bulls took it to the defending champion Miami Heat last night!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6124390

It's gotta be tough to come back down and play right after the elation of a championship celebration ceremony. Maybe they should stop doing that. Still... great for da Bulls!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #314
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

So who's hot, who's not? Pacers are struggling....I miss Reggie, oh well....earn that money boys!
Who else has children playing bball?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #315
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

The east is a joke. Theres only like three teams ABOVE .500 in the whole conference! And how bout Dallas. They lose their first four games of the season and win the next 12 in a row... They are definitely gunning for a title run this year.

Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #316
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I think they pay these guys too much.... I'm watching fifth grade bball...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #317
Valandil

Playoff time - and the Bulls draw another first round match-up with Miami.

Took the first game, but it got close at the end. Much better a win than a loss though! Time to see if the young Bulls, and the unselfish, share-the-wealth game they play - can top Miami with all the older superstars and the young Dwayne Wade.

Too bad it's three days until the next game. That's SUCH a long wait!

(EDIT: Wow - amazing that the top post on this page is over two years old... we're not talking much basketball around here!)

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 04-21-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #318
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

An interesting parallel between Bulls-Heat and Raptors-Nets; both have an up-and-coming young team against an older team with serious playoff experience. Identical scores, but the opposite directions.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 AM   #319
Valandil

Game 2: 107-89

Da Bullz!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #320
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Our kids' school got a block of tickets to the Suns/Clippers game. We thought it would be fun to go and cheer for the Clippers (we used to live in LA, and now live in Phoenix).

On the way to drop off my son's wheelchair at guest services, the elevator door opened, and the Phoenix Sun's wild trampoline-bouncing gorilla guy jumped out and then high-fived my son! We had no idea who he was, not being basketball fans. We thought it was just some goofy guy in a gorilla suit. Then we dropped off the wheelchair, and they gave us a jersey with #13 (Nash) on it. I had no idea who that was, but it was really nice of them to do that Then during the game, we found out who that gorilla guy was, and we found out who #13 was - great player!

The Clippers won - yay!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 04-25-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote