Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #281
武士 of Hawks
Sapling

I am just showing my hobby and what I have made, and wanted comments.. Just like if they were regular drawings, or holiday snaps from a hobby photographer...
武士 of Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #282
Whispering Willow
Hobbit

The videos suck.

J/K, don't hit me.

Decent timing, like the music choices. Now do something other than Naruto. Please. For the love of God. Variety!

Hellsing, perhaps?

Last edited by Whispering Willow : 05-05-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: ugly typo
Whispering Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #283
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 武士 of Hawks
I am just showing my hobby and what I have made, and wanted comments.. Just like if they were regular drawings, or holiday snaps from a hobby photographer...
Sorry man but I've got dial-up and a crappy Dell so I can't really watch the videos.

I do agree with you though, this is not advertising.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #284
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

well, this really is advertising. this is "check out my anime music videos!" how is that different from "check out my website!" etc etc. Leaving this open, opens the door.

The topic is "My Anime Music Videos!" and the bulk of the post is for the sole purpose of getting people to look at her/his stuff.

The last sentence is an attempt to make this seem like a discussion of all anime music videos. Why does that last sentence seem like just a throw-away?

An "Anime Music Videos" discussion topic in the Entertainment Forum would have been allowed - as long as discussing different videos or whatever they are was the bulk of the post - not advertising.

I invite you to make a real discussion about anime music videos in the entertainment forum. But don't make it into an advertisement for your own, or it will be padlocked.

I'm merging this with the advertising thread. Feel free to put the link to your videos in your signature.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #285
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
I don't want to argue or cause a fuss but, how is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 武士 of Hawks
any different from "Here's my writing check it out and tell me what you think."?

Like I said, Not trying to argue with you, this is your message board. Just curious.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #286
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
any different from "Here's my writing check it out and tell me what you think."?
Those would go to the Writer's Workshop forum.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #287
Whispering Willow
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
The last sentence is an attempt to make this seem like a discussion of all anime music videos. Why does that last sentence seem like just a throw-away?
Funny, for some bizarre reason that last sentence seemed to me like an attempt to make others post links to amv's they liked.

Anyways, not everyone is necessarily in on what is considered "advertisement" on forums (that varies quite a bit between forums too).
Whispering Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #288
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

read the entmoot rules.
Quote:
Advertising other sites is not allowed either, except in one designated thread. If it pertains to the discussion, you can post a link; we just don't want you to start a thread merely to advertise your site, since this clutters up the board, and we're not paying for Entmoot to provide free exposure for your site.
end of discussion advertise in this topic or let it sink to the bottom again please everyone.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #289
sheila19621

Amazon spams its customers, touts anti-Israeli views,

On July 4, Amazon spammed its customers with advertisement of Norman Finkelstein's virulently anti-Semitic book, Image and Reality of the Israeli-Palestine Conflict. On May 30, Amazon similarly advertised Beyond Chutzpah: on the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and the Abuse of History. I have never received any other ad from Amazon.On April 4, in an unprecedented move, Amazon deleted all reviews of Obadiah Shoher's Samson Blinded: A Machiavellian Perspective on the Middle East Conflict. A few days later, Amazon forced its subsidiary Booksurge to terminate publishing contract with Shoher whose book is now available for download from [link deleted by Moderator] . Google earlier banned advertising of the Samson Blinded for "unacceptable content." Shoher, indeed, is pro-Israeli, yet realistic and critical of Israeli policies.Obadiah Shoher, an anonymous politician, abandons myths and moralizing in favor of realpolitik. He argues for raw efficiency of antiterrorist operations and shedding liberal idealism. Shoher asks inconvenient questions and gives honest answers. Amazon does not like that. Anti-Semitic lampoons by Norman Finkelstein are more to Amazon's taste.

Last edited by Valandil : 07-15-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #290
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Sheila,

If you are genuinely upset about this matter, I can sympathize, but your post as it was, was an advertisement itself.

We allow advertising on Entmoot, but only in the "advertisements" thread. You may re-post your link there.

If this post was your sole purpose in joining Entmoot, you may not even be back to do so. If your purpose was truly to join our community, you are welcome here - and please post about your arrival in our "Official Welcome and Introductions" thread.

Closing.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #291
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Merged.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #292
minnie
Sapling

Hi, I would like to advertise a website I found a while ago, and I
really like it......

| Virtual Pets | Games
minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #293
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Sheila, your post sounds like it's worth a repost in the Venting Thread!

I made sure I deleted myself off Amazon's annoying email list. I buy one lousy policy textbook there and they won't stop sending me links about anything policy-related. But I put a stop to that nonsense.

Anyway, back on topic, check out my website, for it is great.

Welcome to the Moot Minnie! Marapets looks very cute.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #294
blueboy
Sapling

The Balrog

I don't think I am breaking any rules by posting this here but if I am I do apologise and mean no offence.

However....

I don't know if anyone on this board is interested but I have just put my prized Sideshow Weta Balrog Statue up for auction on ebay. This is the most sought after piece of Sideshow collectable memorabilia they have ever made. Only 1000 pieces were crafted (this is no. 0432 of the series).
If you are interested please take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BALROG-Origina...QQcmdZViewItem

Many Thanks
blueboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #295
Alcuin
Salt Miner

I checked this on ebay.com. It is in fact item number 110048416006. I went to ebay.com by typing that into the address bar, put that number into “Search,” “Searched” for it and found – your balrog statuette.

For once, it isn’t Spam. I have to say that’s pretty cool.
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:30 AM   #296
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Looks crap and overpriced imho.

and yes it is spam - just because there is a vague link to Tolkien does not make entmoot a shopping mall link to ebay -or any other sales.

*shrugs*

If 'blueboy' wants not to post here but simply to advertise his junk, then it is spam and he should be banned - unless he wants to actually post here, of course.

otherwise DELETED- as inappropriate language

edit** - classic link though Alcuin!

btw - if Alcuin had made a link to a tolkien thing he was selling on ebay - i'd be more than fine with it - him being a respected mooter, but the principle of just using the moot to sell ****, is entirely different.

Last edited by Sister Golden Hair at 9:56am.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-28-2006 at 04:38 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:58 AM   #297
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

If this is genuine, then it belongs in the advertisment thread. Merging.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #298
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[Editted text out]

I have asked you repeatedly to keep this to PM. If your inbox is full, please safe some messages elsewhere, but I am not making this a public discussion. End of story. This is my final warning, do not ignore it again. - Eärniel

Last edited by Earniel : 10-29-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #299
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Just a quick question about what's on topic, would telling about an online game you just have a gold acount on be on topic and within the rules? Because I know a good one and I'd like to tell people on here about...
Just want to know... (I hope asking about what is on topic is on topic)
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #300
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I would like to take out an advert: Butterbeer is awesome and deserves much praise.

Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote