Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 07:36 PM   #281
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

hm, well i resemble gollum. You're much better off than me if you resemble arwen lol
Old 04-02-2003, 07:55 PM   #282
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninquelote
Rian, do I really remind you of Arwen? Gwaimir told me you said so, but I thought I was going to be some obscure character that is mentioned twice and doesn't marry a larger role. That's how most others picture me.
Yes, you do remind me of Arwen - but it is entirely a visual thing just for fun that I started doing when people started posting their pics. It started with Anduril, who just happened to look rather like how I pictured Fingolfin in his younger days, then people seemed to like to hear who they reminded me of, so I kept it up. You just happen to remind me of how I picture Arwen - something about your mouth, especially (very cute!) and your hairline.

I suppose I look rather like a hobbit because I have short curly hair. Do I remind you guys of anyone?

Sminty, shall I take a look at your pic again and see who you remind me of?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #283
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Nice picture Ninquelote!

Rian...you rmeind me of....a hobbit I guess. I have to think of who though..... I've got it, I just can't remember the name. (and there is nothing wrong with looking like a hobbti! Hobbit's are cool!)

Last edited by Lady of Rohan : 04-02-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:13 PM   #284
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, I suppose they are pretty cool, but I have an elvish soul... (see my title ) But I suppose the other half of 'halfelven' could be hobbit I suppose I'm rather hobbity, too

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-02-2003, 09:08 PM   #285
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

In regards to whether or not I have a "hobbitic" side, let me just say:

Mmmmm....food....

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-02-2003, 11:15 PM   #286
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I always wished I could be half elf half hobbit...I'm short and I love mushrooms and have a very hobbity soul...but I also adore climbing trees, sailing, and riding horses. So...
I ought to post a pic so Rian can tell me who I look like...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 04-02-2003, 11:45 PM   #287
Rían

Sure, tano, it would be my pleasure I've been waiting for a pic of you - right now we just have a drawing!

Old 04-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #288
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I seem to be half elf, half dough.

Who do I remind you of Rian (if anyone. I don't seem to look like anyone from LotR. Oh well), if you don't mind my asking?
Old 04-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #289
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Eech! I have a cute mouth? That's a first!
I think these odd compliments started with... "Hazel, you have nice calves." Then came, "You have a pretty profile." then, "You have nice hands, Hazel."

At least I'm getting complimented.

XIAN- for hating Wiccans.
MURDERER- for hating vegetarians.
PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:50 PM   #290
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Which obscure character were you hoping for?
I don't know! I suppose, so obscure that even -I- don't know.

PREP- for hating Goths.

These are a few of my favourite things, the hypocritical stylings of the most "liberal" groups.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #291
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
I seem to be half elf, half dough.

Who do I remind you of Rian (if anyone. I don't seem to look like anyone from LotR. Oh well), if you don't mind my asking?

I'll take a look at your pic and let you know No, I don't mind, it's fun! I've got a busy few days ahead, tho, so it will probably be next week...

Old 04-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #292
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Ohhh RIIIAAAAAN!!!

Who do I remind you of?! *bashful bat of eyelashes* *sweet innocent smile*...*hides coconuts*
Old 04-04-2003, 10:51 PM   #293
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
Thanks BunnieQ, and Elf Girl, and Legolaslvr!

BunnieQ; I'll tell Buddy that you think I'm more prettyful then he is (he'll eat you next time he see's you, if he finds out)
well dont let him no because he will eat me!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 04-05-2003, 03:31 AM   #294
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Ohhh RIIIAAAAAN!!!

Who do I remind you of?! *bashful bat of eyelashes* *sweet innocent smile*...*hides coconuts*

*thinks 'hmmm, this has gotta be a GOOD one! heh heh *

seriously, tho, I'm just zooming by for a quick check, and I don't want to come up with one w/o being able to think about it. I'm really busy this weekend, so it will prob. be early next week. I usually think about it a bit, and I don't forsee any quiet time in the next few days *sigh*

(I've got Sminty's ready, but I don't have one for wahine and Lady of R. yet)

Old 04-05-2003, 07:37 PM   #295
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Here's another picture for you. Except it's a picture of...
MY LEMBAS! (homemade. It looks like crap but don't be fooled, it tastes like cereal.)

PREP- for hating Goths.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:08 AM   #296
Rían

OK, here's the latest ...

Sminty reminds me of an elven lady in the Sil - Finduilas, daughter of Orodreth, who was king of Nargothrond after Finrod died. From the Sil:
Quote:
At first his own people did not know Gwindor... but Finduilas daughter of Orodreth the King knew him and welcomed him, for she had loved him before the Nirnaeth, and so greatly did Gwindor love her beauty that he named her Faelivrin, which is the gleam of the sun on the pools of Ivrin.
and from HoME 3 (History of ME), The Lay of the Children of Húrin:
Quote:
...At Túrin's sorrow
one marvelled and was moved, - a maiden fair
the frail Finduilas - that Failivrin,
the glimmering sheen - on the glassy pools
of Ivrin's lake - the Elves in love
had named anew.
( I have to put the dashes in to represent a kind of tab that is used in the poem).

Hers is a sad story, as are most stories of ME (including RÃ*an's!), but you have such lovely eyes, Sminty, and I can picture you looking upon Túrin and loving him and not saying anything because of Gwindor's love.

Last edited by Rían : 04-07-2003 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:23 AM   #297
Rían

Lady of Rohan - this is a repeat (I picked the same person for TC), but you remind me of Lúthien Tinúviel, too. You have a very pretty heart-shaped face, lovely deep eyes and nice hair, and you even have a dog with you! (Lúthien was aided and protected by Húan, the hound of Valinor, in parts of her journey). From HoME 3 (History of ME), The Lay of Leithian:
Quote:
Such lissom limbs no more shall run
on the green earth beneath the sun;
so fair a maid no more shall be
from dawn to dusk, from sun to sea.
Her robe was blue as summer skies,
but grey as evening were her eyes;
'twas sewn with golden lilies fair,
but dark as shadow was her hair.
Her feet were light as bird on wing,
her laughter lighter than the spring;
the slender willow, the bowing reed,
the fragrance of a flowering mead,
the light upon the leaves of trees,
the voice of water, more than these
her beauty was and blissfulness,
her glory and her loveliness;
and her the king more dear did prize
than hand or heart or light of eyes.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:29 AM   #298
Rían

wahine - I've got yours narrowed down to 2, but you're harder because your pic is so small, and I go mostly by face shape and expression (in fact, Finduilas had golden hair!) I'll decide by tomorrow...

Old 04-07-2003, 05:15 PM   #299
Rían

OK, wahine - after pondering the question all night , I decided on - Idril! (it was between Idril and her aunt, Aredhel). Like I said, it was a bit harder for you because your pic was so small and I couldn't see your face very well. From what I can see, tho, you're very pretty, and you have a really lovely face and gorgeous eyes, and I really like how you look when you're smiling (picture #2, I think). And I can picture you running around barefoot! (see 2nd quote below)

Idril was the daughter of Turgon, king of the elven city/realm of Gondolin,which was a marvellously beautiful place.
Quote:
from the Sil
There shining fountains played, and in the courts of Turgon stood images of the Trees of old, which Turgon himself wrought with elven-craft; and the Tree which he made of gold was called Glingal, and the Tree whose flowers he made of silver was named Belthil. But fairer than all the wonders of Gondolin was Idril, Turgon's daughter, she that was called Celebrindal, the Silver-foot...
and
Quote:
from The Book of Lost Tales II - The Fall of Gondolin
Fair indeed was she and brave thereto; and the people called her Idril of the Silver Feet in that she went ever barefoot and bareheaded, king's daughter as she was, save only at pomps of the Ainur....
And you know what, wahine - that makes you ...... my daughter-in-law! (because Idril married Tuor, who was RÃ*an's son!!) (hee hee!)

But seriously, I've always liked Idril, and was moved by Tuor's love for her - he loved her tremendously.
Quote:
also from the Fall of Gondolin (right after Idril's father died when he refused to leave the city)
Then said Idril heavily: "Sad is the blindness of the wise"; but Tuor said: "Sad too is the stubbornness of those we love - yet 'twas a valiant fault", then stooping he lifted and kissed her, for she was more to him than all the Gondothlim...

Edit - I'm finally done! Sorry it took so long, a minor emergency came up that had to be dealt with....but we're all fine here now. I hope you like who I picked for you

Last edited by Rían : 04-08-2003 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:11 PM   #300
Ninquelote
Elven Warrior

Oh, and for the last thing, where it says Z(???), I thought up a Z-name from LoTR to go in it.

Zirakzigil, Dwarvish for the mountain Silvertine (or Celebdil by the Elves.)

PREP- for hating Goths.

Closed Thread