Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2002, 08:29 PM   #281
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
I would be glad to help, but I don't know what good it would do, if I'm not a student...or even a familar creature to this world.

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 11-26-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 08:41 PM   #282
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"Snape's fascinated with the Fellowship, you most of all. I think he'd agree to almost anything you asked." She and Frodo started down the halls, again searching for Snape, and Rose knew she had made another friend.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:24 PM   #283
Fred Baggins

He knows about us? But how? Not even Gan- Not even the wisest wizard is that great...
Old 11-26-2002, 09:34 PM   #284
Silverstripe

Rose hesitated, wondering whether or not to tell him about The Lord of the Rings. Cody had warned her that very sad things happened to some of the characters, and she wasn't sure one of those characters should have knowledge of the books; that would give him access to them, as well. Rose decided against revealing the source of information, and simply said

"The rules are a little different here, Frodo. But Gandalf--" He hadn't told you Gandalf's name, idiot! She did not go on with the rest of her statement, in which she meant to say she believed Gandalf to be much, much more powerful than Snape. Frodo, of course, would wonder how she knew! "Well, if he comes from your world, I'm not sure what the rules are there," she finished, hoping Frodo wouldn't notice she'd called the wizard "Gandalf" when she shouldn't have known his name.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:37 PM   #285
Fred Baggins

*But he did notice.* Strider told you about andalf then. *He looked down.*
Old 11-26-2002, 09:41 PM   #286
Silverstripe

Oh no! Rose wasn't very good at lying to a friend, as the incident with Freesia proved, and she did so only in the greatest need. She decided she had to read the books -- fast -- for she was terrified that something awful would become of Frodo. Rose, noticing that Frodo looked sad, remained silent, hoping he wouldn't want a reply.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:48 PM   #287
Fred Baggins

*When he looked up again he saw Sam, and nearly jumped for joy. For some reason, though Rose was his friend, the site of his best friend was like a shining light.*Can Sam come please Ms. Rose?
Old 11-26-2002, 10:00 PM   #288
Silverstripe

Rose laughed. "Yes, and you can just call me Rose." I really have to read those books...
Old 11-26-2002, 10:34 PM   #289
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Arriana ignored Rose, she knew that she was to be expelled, for it WAS the Head of Houses final desission (god my brain's fried).

She went off to her dorms, forgetting to eat, when she ran right into the Tall gruff dirty man who had been with the elf. She decided being polite was the best way to deal with these people.
"Pardon me, I didn't mean to err...run into you..."

/the man, shedding his gruff apearance smiled, "Tis alright, I was looking for someone to speak to anyway. I have heard rumors, rumors about...The Lord of the Rings do you know where I can find it?" He asked attentively. He gaze made Arriana feel like she was under the microscope (if she had known what that is)

~~

Snape found Rose Gallaghan and Frodo Baggins(and Sam) in the corridor, he said with a nasal tone, "Frodo, I was hoping you would take heed of Dumbledore's warning, you must not stray far, for ...hobbits...do not exist in our time." He explaned. He looked At Rose, wondering what the hopeful expression on her face was about...

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:40 PM   #290
Fred Baggins

*Frodo looked at the man tring to remember wh he was but something else was on his mind.* You mean...they don't exict at all? The're not just hiding? *suddenly it struck him. He was the one that had been with the other man.* You're...what's you're name again sir? *He tried to be polite, hoping that the man would answer a question of his.*
Old 11-26-2002, 11:00 PM   #291
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Snape, Professor Snape. And I am to understand you were with Gandalf the grey" Snape seemd giddy about this, for if it was true, that these people really WERE the Fellowship, than Gandalf was the anscestor of both Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor (they were cousins).

Snape hoped that the reason the fellowship was here, was to get something they needed to succeed in the past, something that would change the course of what happened. For, time rips were only hypothetical.

Old 11-27-2002, 12:40 AM   #292
Fred Baggins

ooc:*blank look*

ic: Yes, I was very good freinds with him. Do you know who he is?
Old 11-27-2002, 02:30 AM   #293
Silverstripe

ooc: Not much we can do without Aeryn here!

ic: Frodo, Frodo, let's get to the point, please... thought Rose. She really wanted to ask about Arriana Nott, but she didn't DARE interupt Snape when he was talking with the hobbit. She desperately hoped that Frodo himself would remember.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:40 PM   #294
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

hah

lol, i know it's a little behind on times, but it fits in if you think about it!(i wrote it the other night, but i didn't have time to send it!)

let's hear it for ME!one of the best 100 violinists in all of TEXAS!!!!!yay yay yay yay yay!!!!(at least i had a good audition for all state this year! no offense to anyone who didn't get in; i was in THAT boat last year!)

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

peeking over the top of her book at rose, freesia felt her stiffen beside her on the bench as a slytherin girl appeared across the hall. sighing, rose stood and walked over to the girl. freesia recognised the girl as the one who had been scentenced to scrubbing dishes in the kitchens for detention with rose. wondering what rose was doing, freesia closed her book and sat watching, gathering information from the set of the slytherin's chin to the tilt of rose's head. she guessed the exchange wouldn't be pleasant. freesia rose. she was tired of inaction, she decided as she marched in the direction of the entrance door. once she was within earshot, she hung back slightly and let her listening take all her effort. what she heard was: "...going to speak to Snape about this, we both know he shouldn't be too hard to convince, you are a Slytherin after all! And I'm sure Dumbledore doesn't really want to expel anyone, either." the conversation stopped and freesia opened her eyes just in time to see rose disappearing around the corner. sighing resignedly, freesia trotted after her, glancing sharply at the slytherin girl, who appeared as if she'd taken root to the stones of Great Hall. catching up with rose, freesia grabbed her friend's hand, yanking until rose was forced to turn and face her. rose stared up at freesia (who was deceptively strong for her wiry build) furiously. freesia returned the glare just as fiercely, angry because her friend was. hoarsely, freesia whispered,"Are we still friends?"
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:45 PM   #295
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

hah again...the rest of my message

rose looked quizzically at her, and freesia knew she was being heard. shaking rose's hand roughly, freesia asked again softly, "Are we?"
slowly, rose nodded. "Good," freesia breathed,"because we need to talk. come with me."
turning on her heel, trusting rose to follow, freesia marched up the stairs to a fourth floor hallway, leading rose to her special Thought Spot, which was a red-cusioned, window seat facing west at the end of the cooridor. "Now...." freesia let the word hang in the silence. "You promised that you would tell me what's going on. i'm not stupid, so don't leave anything out. I have some of this figured out, i think,...you're an Animagious, or whatever it is...oh, and you're 'not-cousin', he CAN'T be your cousin, because you told me that your dad's side has only girls and your mum's side has twin boys only a few months old, and two uncles without children..." i'm blathering, freesia thought, i'd better get back on track "...well, i've guessed that 'martin' is an Animag--whatever. and there seems to be a serious problem with that slytherin girl,What's-her-name...? But rose, you HAVE to tell me the truth, because i can't help you, i don't know ANY other way to help you, if you don't...tell me,"she whispered a little more gently,"why you won't trust me to help you."
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:51 PM   #296
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: OKay this story is getting strange. I like.

ic: Aragorn.(ooc; By the way is Nott talking to me?) The students seemed to have caught on with our true presence and talked of a book by the title of THE LORD OF THE RINGS. A child I had seen earlier bumped into me and I asked her of this book. She looked at me with a blanck expression. She questioned me with her eyes for trust. I smiled. "I guess you don't know." But the girl left before she coulod answer me.
I looked at Boromir and Gimli who were wandering around the hallway staring at the odd moving pictures. I have never seen such art. The picture looked at me then whispered to another picture of a little man on a fat pony. I motioned for my companions to followe me. We had to get out of this world.

ic: Cody; We finally found Rose who was occomponied by Frodo. Sam ran to his side in joy. Frodo embraced him lovingly and they looked at Rose and myself with a sad glance.
"We need to get them home." said Rose.
"I know."
"Where you last in your journey before you came here?" I asked Frodo.
"In the minds of Moria" he responded. "But how would you know of the minds of Moria.
"I do my history homework." I responded.
An idea flashed into my mind. I had to get to my collection of Tokien books. I had to get them fast. I ran to my dorm and on my way slamed head first into an opening picture. The person who came out...
Old 11-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #297
Silverstripe

Rose looked at Freesia sadly. "Oh, Freesia, I don't think you're stupid. And I do trust you, but I didn't have time to explain." Rose sighed. "The truth is even harder to believe than what I told you. All right. First, have you ever read The Lord of the Rings?" Freesia shook her head. Oh, dear, that makes things a LOT harder... "'Martin' is not an Animagus -- I am, but he isn't. He isn't even human, you see. 'Martin' is a hobbit, and his real name is Merry, and...and..." at the incredulous, hurt look on Freesia's face, Rose whispered, "ask Cody. I have to go find Snape, I have to speak to him about something, we're still friends and I will explain all this later, I promise!" Before Freesia could say another word, Rose had darted off to find Snape.

ooc: And then she found Frodo again, and THEN found Snape. Their first words, I think, have already been posted.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #298
Fred Baggins

Mr. Snape sir, there is something I wish to discuss with you if I may?
Old 11-28-2002, 09:12 PM   #299
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Snape looked at the hobbit happily, "Oh yes, please, go on." He glanced once more at Rose. But the hobbit began to speak...and all else seemed unimportant, for he had to know every detail of what went on with the Hobbit, to truly help them. (for the Tolkien books ended differently HINT HINT in the Mines of Moria, ARAGORN fell, NOT Gandalf. Yeah, weird I know, and the HISTORY IS CHANGED, The war of the ring ends when Sauron gets the ring, but Saruman, kills him. thank you. I know, freaky.)

~~~
Arriana stared at him, Where had she heard of the lord of the rings before? then a light bulb seemed to flash in her head, that was IT!! She ran frantically into the Slytherin Common room, literally screaming the password. A huge Boa sat on the floor, a bright white color. Arriana tapped her foot impassionately, " I told you to stop trying to scare me, it DOESNT work." The snake hissed, and then morphed into a boy laying on the floor on his stomach, "It was worth a try." he said.

OOC:
Cue any new characters.

Old 12-01-2002, 01:05 AM   #300
Silverstripe

Suddenly Frodo remembered why Rose had asked him to come, and motioned for Rose to speak.

"Um, Professor Snape, we were wondering, that is Frodo and I, well, Arriana Nott says she's getting expelled, and we were wondering, if, er, you could possibly reconsider that."

Rose was prepared for a sneer, a lecture, anything, even an attempt to get her expelled too. But he might change his mind about expelling Arriana Nott.

Anyway, any school rules she'd broken after their first visit to the Forbidden Forest might not have been her fault, after all, the curse on Rose's wand had Rose acting like a Ringwraith, and it affected Nott in any way...

Suddenly Rose snapped her head up, a look of pure terror in her eyes. Of course! Dumbledore had been asking her to protect Arriana Nott, to warn her! Since Rose had proved she could fight, she alone could be fully depended on to give a warning, and if the Slytherin girl got annoyed and hexed someone, Rose was the only person for whom there could be no further damage!

Because I'm already 'infected'... thought Rose sadly. No matter. Rose waited anxiously for Snape's answer, knowing she would have no time to argue, whatever he said. Rose had to go find Arriana Nott, before the Slytherin girl used her wand!