Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2002, 04:37 PM   #281
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng heard in his heart the thoughts of Fimbren. "Fimbren, I'm coming!" the elf yelled as he charged into the fray. He was going to thake revenge on the Balrogs that had hurt him, that had taken his life. He ran into the chambers, killing Orcs that got in his way, and finaly found them; the Balrogs were staring down Fimbren as he approached them. He yelled at the top of his lungs, "For the house of Fëanor!" and charged the two Balrogs, with a transformed blade, the blade of Anduril, now in the hands of this elf. He didn't know it until he had taken off the leg of the Balrog nearest him. The wound burned the Balrog, and so did the blade as it went right through the flesh of the demon. He had on Narya, the Red Ring, and it had powered him up. He had been slicing and dicing the Balrog, but for some reason it wouldn't die. It grabbed him, but he cut off its hand and both he and the deceased hand fell to the ground. Fimbren yelled, "Eäráng! What are you doing here?!?" The other elf answered, "I'm here to rescue you!" with a crooked smile. Fimbren looked at him sternly. He said nothing, because the larger of the two Balrogs had grabbed him.

Last edited by Eäráng : 06-23-2002 at 07:05 PM.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 03:44 PM   #282
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: NOOOO! You can't have the sword of Mormegil. It is buried beneth the stone of the Hapless with Turin and Morwen. Any other sword but that! Please! You grave defiler!!!
(j/k about that grave defiler thing but please change the sword.)

Fimbren and Kal stared, shocked, at Earang. Fimbren grabbed him and quickly calmed him, gently calming his spirit.
"Control my friend." said Fimbren, "here's Orcrist...let me keep Glamdring for a while." Then he turned to the Balrogs only to see Kal grappling with one on the edge of a chasm. He ran at the balrog and it fel screeching, into the chasm, Kal also began to fall but Fimbren caught her and pulled her up, handing her Anguirel. "You'll need this, it's Eol's sword and mate to the blacksword of Turin" he said, "be careful with it."
He held aloft Glamdring and Ringil, the swords of Turgon and Fingolfin, and Durin's axe he had strapped to his back, and the armour of the dwarves and of Eol and of Valinor was upn him and he turned on the last, largest balrog.

OOC: I'm going to make an interestin request, could Earang and Kal smehow get separated from me and have Halbarad help me with the balrog? Even if Tar-Elendil isn't her, I'll write for him.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 09-18-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #283
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
As Earang ran into battle he let Alaird down just inside the door of Moria. He then ran on to find Frimbren. Laredith,Katt,and Halbarad proved to be unbeatable. The two swords of Laredith and Halbarad shone in the light of the fires that had caught on the tents of the Gondorians. Laredith fought like a lioness to avenge her young companion whom she thought had died and now lay buried beneath the fallen. And many were the orcs that fell hoping to make and easy capture by sneaking up on Katt(who was tryng to put the remaining herbs and bandages in an orderly pile so that they would be on hand). Too late would they see the black staff in her hand until suddenly they too were among the slain. Katt would continue as if nothing had happened though fear gripped her heart and tears stained the earth where she worked.
Inside the door orcs hoping to escape to Moria with goods and horses were killed by Gondorians. Soon orcs lay piled up by the doors. Underneath one such grisly pile Alaird stirred and groaned, his head throbbing with pain and the stench of orcs. He couldn't breath, but from his pile he hear mutted through the bodies the clash of swords coming closer and closer. He tried to get out to escape from the stench and heat, but to no avail...
Sam
ps.Laredith you still in on this?Katt you still in on this?
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:26 AM   #284
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Kal took Anuirel and stood. Her balrog was defeated. However, Earang still had one. She charged at it and it fell into the abyss. Not being able to stop herself, she plunged off the edge as well. Earang grabbed her by the ankle, but her momentum was too great and the two of them went tumbling down.

Kal awoke with surprise. She never thought she would awake again after that fall.
"Kal!" she heard urgently whispered. She turned her head to see Earang hanging off the precipice where she had landed. She quickly stood and pulled him up. They were on a bridge. To either side were dark tunnels and above them was the Tower. But which way should they go?

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #285
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng was stunned at this turn of events. Fimbren had left Kal and himself there, on a narrow bridge, in the middle of a dark cavern. Not even Eäráng, with Narya on, could see into the darkest depths. He had figured out that he could control Narya's power over him, but it wasn't helping very much here. "I propose, we go that way," pointing to a source of light the both of them couldn't see. They held hands, fearing another fall, and Eäráng was in front, for his elven eyes could see farther than Kal's. They finally found the source of the light; they had traveled to the exit. Kal asked him, "Aren't we supposed to be on the other side of this mountain?" He didn't know, but he didn't want to have to deal with this woman, who he had seen in battle and knew that she could kill. "Yes, we are, but it seems like we have lost our way..."
Old 06-23-2002, 09:04 PM   #286
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: the balrogs' mustve grown weaker over those eyars..alot weaker

Halbarad, feeling refreshed, led a company of Gondoreans into the gate of Moria. The battle was still thick under the mountains and corpses lay there to rot.

The forces to retake Moria were slowly advancing to the center from both sides, yet Halbarad still feared the Orcs hadnt revealed their full strength. Many of Halbarad's men carried torches to light the dark passages and soon they were waylaid by a group of orcs near to a large fissure in the ground but the foul monsters were soon slain or driven off.

As they had just tasted victory a shadow and wind came among them and the torches flickered out. It was if they were blind, all they saw was dark. After a few minutes of this there was a blaze of fire from the fissure and out of it issued a gigantic Balrog. Their eyes were still adjusting and the Balrog swept many of them away with a flick of his fiery whip. Soon Halbarad stood alone and he charged the monster but with its black axe had smote the ground near Halbarad. There was a deep rumbling and the ground caved in. Halbarad fell and hit the ground while his legs were buried underneath rocks. All around him was totally black and there was no sign of the balrog. He was underneath the passage where his comrades had fell.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:29 PM   #287
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: remember, Earang, that Kal is half Elf, so she's got good eyes and ears. perhaps not as excellent as yours, but better than the average dwarf.

"Lost our way?" They had come out a secret entrace, or exit, as it was, of the mountain. they were now standing in the snow. "Looks like we've got to go back."

"But how shall we know which way? Even Narya cannot see in the darkness that rules Moria. My Eyes give me no clues."

Kal smiled. "I have been here before. And it is not your eyes that you must depend upon in Moria. It is your ears and your nose. There are many scents that shall lead us to our correct exit."

"Then you must lead," said Earang.

"Indeed, my fair-faced friend. Indeed." So call grabbed hold on Earang's hand and once more they plunged into the depths of Moria, hoping to find a way to the other side.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 06-24-2002, 01:31 PM   #288
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: Sorry Sorry Sorry! I've been off for a while. I'll post in a minute as soon as I catch up.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 12:56 AM   #289
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Kal leading the way, Eäráng wasn't sure he could trust her sense of smell, or her hearing. Being half elf was sure hard on the half dwarf, he reasoned, and it might have degraded her senses some. Oh well, he thought, at least she's the one leading, and not me. It was comforting to know that she was leading, and not him. He had already proved that he was not very good navigation-wise, and the only thing he had going for him were his eyes, and those were failing him in these deep, dark tunnels. The two turned a corner, just in time to find a legion of Orcs, filled to the gills with weapons. They both knew they would have to fight. They drew their swords, both knowing that they would fight to the death if they had to...
Old 06-25-2002, 09:41 PM   #290
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Everything was packed. Katt knew she should get away from the fighting. But she also knew Alaird was alive. She had to get to him. After all he did for her, she could not leave him like the coward she was. Katt grabbed a knapsack with few supplies in it and covered herself with a black blanket. Orks won’t notice the dead, she thought. Or will they? She fought to push this thought out of her head. Katt slowly crawled to where she last saw Alaird. Katt started to make a tunnel by propping up dead Orks with bits of armour. She felt something soft. It was Alaird. He was unconscious, but alive. Katt used all her might to create a cave around him and her. Katt couldn’t move much and could barely light a candle. Alaird had a slight concussion and a sprained wrist. Nothing Katt couldn’t treat. But it was stuffy in here. Katt was afraid that they would use up their oxygen before they were rescued. Katt could still hear the battle raging close by, and every now and then, the roof shook as another dead body fell on it. Silently Katts tears dropped onto Alairds face.

Old 06-26-2002, 05:48 PM   #291
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

ooc: I'm about to bring in some odd mythology that wasn't even mentioned in Tolkien. Please don't jump on me about it.

Kal drew her sword. It shone bright blue. As she looked at it, she saw something faint in the reflection. There, behind her. She looked at the orcs, at earang, then at her sword. The orcs were standing there, obviously waiting for an attack. Odd. Orcs usually attacked first. What was going on?

Earang screamed out his battle cry, but Kal cut him short, yanking his arm and fleeing into the hole she saw in her reflection. A yelp escaped his mouth. Kal knew that if there was one place the orcs wouldn't venture near in Moria, this was it.

She had been here before. Looking around, she found what she was searching for. There was a chasm at her feet. "We have to jump, Earang."

"What? Surely you can't--"

"You have to trust me."

Earang rolled his eyes. "Very well." Kal took his hand and they leaped into the chasm, landing not ten feet below. She ran into another cave and ended in a large room. There it was. On the floor, just where she had left it, was her father's staff and sword. It must have been a good five years since she had been to Moria, but even the orcs knew better than to touch it.

"What is it?" asked Earang.

"The staff of Dinfli. It is no wonder that you have not heard of it. An old man- grey in clothes and face- gave it to my father many years ago. It contains in the stone a light brighter than the sun which shines when orcs near it. Only dwarvish eyes of my father's line may look on it when it shines, for it will blind even elves. This will keep us safe until wer leave this place. Now, this way. It is not far."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 06-26-2002, 10:53 PM   #292
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Eäráng turned to look at the Orcs outside the chamber. They were going to get a nasty suprise... Then again, so was he. Narya could probably protect him from the flash of the staff, but he wasn't sure. Oh well, they would have to try it. Kal raised the staff high into the air, then it let loose a blinding flash, followed by light. They both looked into the shadow. A lot more than these Orcs had been caught in the flash. There were cave trolls lining up in front of the chamber entrance, and they were all blinded by the flash. Good, Eäráng thought. The Falinaur side took hold of him, though, and he was mighty in slaying these Orcs and cave trolls. He had even almost gotten Kal, had it not been for the Red Ring. It flashed brightly in his eyes, and then he had been knocked out of it.
He looked up at Kal and asked, "What happened?"
Kal answered, "You went into some Orc-killing mode and destroyed all of them." Both looked at the chamber now. Trolls, Orcs, and what not were lying on the ground, with blood spurting out of vessels.
"I did that?" the elf asked.
Kal answered him, saying "Yes. It was an amazing sight to behold, but the consequences might have not been good. You almost killed me, and would have, had it not been for the ring you wear. What is it, anyway?"
"Oh, this?" the elf asked. "It's Narya, one of the Three Elven Rings the "Verse of the Ring". I believe you might know of it." They looked at each other, then they both heard a sound. A strange, moaning sound...

OOC: Just in case you want to know, yes, Eäráng's schitzophrenic (or however you spell it)
Old 06-28-2002, 12:32 AM   #293
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
DONT POST!!! I'm out of time on the comp and I just...ran out of time. SO DONT POST!!!I'm SERIOUS about this. I'll be on tommorrow in the morning.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 06-28-2002, 10:49 AM   #294
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Ok I'm back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ While he was awake Alaird wondered what was happening outside of his mountain of orcs. He felt himself slipping back into darkness"Stay awake Alaird. You've got to make your way back to the Shire. And what...of...Katt?" With that Alaird slipped back into darkness and pain. As if in a dream he still heard the clashings of swords and the screams of the wounded and fallen. But those too were fading. Alaird completely blacked out.
What woke him was a light that hurt his eyes and hot drops of water that fell on his eyelids and cheeks. He opened his eyes and slowly they blinked into focus. Katt was sitting above him with his head in her lap and she was slowly wrapping his wound. "Lay still Alaird. You have a small concussion and a sprained wrist. Try not to breath too much. We dont have that much air in this stifling cavern." She looked around her at the dead bodies piled up around them. Leering orcs peered down at them as thier torsos were propped up by bits of evil weapons. "A bit eerie isn't it?" He asked as he let Katt bandage his wrist. He winced "Did I hurt you?" Katt asked concernedly. Alaird smiled wryly "No YOU didn't hurt me. Those STUPID orcs are the guilty ones. And I will certainly have my revenge. Which wrist is sprained?"
"Your left"
"Wonderfull. I can still fight with a sword."
"Alaird" Katt looked straight into his face "You have a concussion. You cant go out there unless you want to be killed. And besides the orc that jumped you was killed by Laredith. Heaven knows where SHE ended up. Shut up and stop talking. We'll run out of air." They were silent as Katt finished up her work. Alaird bent his hand"I dont feel a thing. What did you do?"
Katt hit him on his right arm a little too hard for his liking. He winced. "Great look at this. You have to wrap my RIGHT arm. Never hit the wounded. Bad form you know?" Katt laughed and then laying her finger to her lips listened intently.
A rumbling sound followed by abrief clash of swords and then silence.
Thanks for not posting guys. And thanks for rescuing me Katt.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 06-30-2002, 03:36 PM   #295
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

OOC: Your welcome sam. I'm just posting this so the thread doesn't get closed.

Old 06-30-2002, 04:04 PM   #296
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Katt thought the battle sounded fainter. She decided to go outside and take a look. "I'm going to blow out the candle," she told Aliard. "We don't want to burn down the place." Aliard smiled and Katt blew out the candle, and crawled out the passage. She was worryied when she could not see the end of the tunnle. Then she hit and ork and realized the end was blocked. But, from around the ork, tiny pinpoints of daylight shone through. Katt manuvered herself (which was hard to do in that tiny tunnle) until her feet were pressed against the ork. She pushed with all her might, until she succeded in rolling the ork over. She had to crabwalk out of the tunnle.

Katt was right. The battle had moved on. So had Laredeth and the Gondorians. Katt could no longer see them. "Well," she thought to herself, "We'll have to establish a base out here. They won't be able to find us in there anyway."

Katt crawled back to Aliard, lit the candle, and started packing her supplies. "We're going to have to move. The battle is gone. So slowly now. On your elbows. Stay off your wrist!"

It was slow work. Katt in front, Aliard behind. At they emerged into the sweet, well, bitter smell of at least somewhat fresh air. Katt wanted to examine Aliard right away to make sure he hadn't worsened his wounds.

"Oh all right," said Aliard and Katt examined him. She said he was in good shape.

"Right then, let's go!" said Aliard.

"Not that good shape," said Katt, gently but firmly pushing him down. "Rest here for a bit."

Old 06-30-2002, 06:01 PM   #297
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Alaird sat down with a resigned sigh but then he looked about the place of battle. The healers tent was gone,stolen or destroyed. There was no living soul amongst the carnage. Gondorians and orcs lay as they had fallen,crumpled,bloodied, completely destroyed by cruel orc blades. The foul blood of orcs mixed with the blood of those Gondorians brave enough to stand against the onslaught and now all lay quiet and still though at times a breeze would stir the tattered remains of once pure white tents. Alaird didn't know where his friends were. Brave Laredith, Lara,Earang,Halbarad. All to him were dead gone forever in a blaze of smoke and glory. And he had been knocked senseless instead of staying aware and ready to fight to his death. Tears sprang to his eyes and he quickly wiped them away.
Katt felt the same loneliness as she gazed aobut the battle strewn doors of Moria.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 07-01-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:29 PM   #298
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile, the pair of adventuring elves, rather, elf and half elf/dwarf, went exploring the caves, trying to fine where the brunt of the battle was. It didn't seem to be in this corridor, Eäráng though, so he went to Kal, who was leading the way. "Do you know where we are going?" Eäráng asked her. She was obviously paranoid about his transformation, and just nodded. Uh oh, he told himself. That was not the best thing in the world to do, but I couldn't control it. I didn't even know it was happening. Oh well, they were headed in this particular direction that he didn't know, into a particular chamber that he didn't know either, where was she taking him?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:09 PM   #299
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Lara stumbled about the battlefield. Her clothes stain with orc blood, the blood of her comrades, and her own. She felt nothing, like she was numb. She felt as though she could not even feel the blood coursing through her veins. All was dead.

She looked up, her eyes blurry. She could see Katt and Alaird standing nearby. She smiled weakly, glad to see two friendly figures.

"Katt!" She started to call, her voice hoarse, "Alraird!"

Then it seemed as though everything went black. The last they she saw before she hit the ground were the hobbits running toward her.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 11:47 AM   #300
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Alaird reached Lara first. She was lying face down on the ground with a terrible wound on the back of her head. She also had cuts from swords and whips, and on her left arm were four deep scratches made by an orc with iron claws on it's fingers. Katt came up behind Alaird carrying the packs filled with medicinal herbs and salves. "How're going to get her out of this place of filth and death and get her to cleaner place? We cant carry her." Katt asked as she came to rest on her knees by Lara's head. Alaird nodded"I was thinking the same thing. What we need is a pony. I'm sure Perri...got carried off or killed in the skirmish but we can try." He raised his fingers to his lips and whistled sharply.
A whinny in the distance told them Perri had survived. Alaird stood up and smiled"So he didn't go as I commanded him. Good old Perri" he thought. He whistled again. The whinny was closer and they could faintly hear the thud of small hoofs on the earth.
Alaird laughed and turning gave Katt a huge hug. She laughed as he spun her around picking her feet off of the ground. But then they remembered where they were and sobered up.
Perri arrived carrying the extra packs filled with food,herbs and rolled up in a small bundle a blanket that would sufice for a tent.
The two hobbits woke Lara enough to get her onto Perri and they went towards a cleaner site for thier hospice. They found one circled by huge trees, protective cliffs with a little stream that had aparently been forgotten by the orcs and that ran clean and fresh. Katt gathered some water, and Alaird started a fire."Katt,dont go too far.We dont know if there are toher orcs out there." He called after her. SHe turned and glowered and raised her finger to her lips. Alaird got the hint and shut up fully intent on starting the fire.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...