Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #281
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

jeesh. I think I'm going to retire from the entmoot. Everyone hates LOTR movies!!!! TTT was bad ? NO...That movie was a-w-e-s-o-m-e. You are all just perfectionists. IMO, no one could have done better than PJ!!!!!!!

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Old 04-02-2003, 09:50 PM   #282
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Hey, if you're going to obsess about PJ and how well ( ) he did TTT, scoot along over to the LotR Movies thread where you belong. Here there be addicts.

You're talking about things you like to do, and you accidentally say "Fencing is one of my hobbits" instead of "hobbies". (I did that in an interview! Fortunately, the interviewer was also a Tolkien fan, and understood. )

Friends know not to ask you questions like "Who's Thranduil?" when you comment that they look as though they could be related to Thranduil, because you will go on and on for hours about Thranduil, his history, his lineage, his children, how he's described in LotR and the Hobbit....you get the picture.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #283
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

When the ents have contacted your friend and asked them to deliver a letter to you saying that you are granted the tital HONORARY ENT (quote from letter) "because of her love and appreciation of our kin." and the letter even includes a pin to wear with a tree/ent on it!

When your class is working on an assighment in the computer lab, and about 5 diffrent people ask you were they can get Lord of the Rings pictures from (I wonder why they asked me???).

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 04-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #284
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
In Economics class, you mistake the abbreviation for "Balance of Payments" (BoP) for a fellow Mooters name, Beard of Pants (also BoP)!
(I also do the same when I see the abbrev. of Birds of Pray.)
Old 04-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #285
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_GreenLeaf
jeesh. I think I'm going to retire from the entmoot. Everyone hates LOTR movies!!!! TTT was bad ? NO...That movie was a-w-e-s-o-m-e. You are all just perfectionists. IMO, no one could have done better than PJ!!!!!!!
Bah. Not all. Dunedain certainly doesn't. And most of the people in the movie forum. And of course not Black Breathelizer. You should look up some of his posts. That would certainly comfort you; give you strength to exist with us idiots.

That depends. If you want an action flick with boob shot and kisssing scene thrown in, maybe not. If you want the LORD of the RINGS, then I disagree profoundly.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 04:07 AM   #286
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_GreenLeaf
I'm no perfectionist. I thought FotR was alright. Didn't you read my post about To Kill a Mockingbird the movie? I praised that!

Yes! TTT was horrendous!(as an adaptation - like GW said way back). Even as a movie it was bad- I tried to watch it for what it was and i still found it boring. For the first time ever, I was waiting for a movie to end.

Quote:
That depends. If you want an action flick with boob shot and kisssing scene thrown in, maybe not. If you want the LORD of the RINGS, then I disagree profoundly.
What was the boob shot? Arwen. I guess I missed that. Probably was sleeping.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:11 AM   #287
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Back on topic-
Up til now, I haven't really had any need for a signature ('Here's a little line, here's another squiggly one- that's my signature!)
Now, I'm making up one that includes tengwar characters of my initials- the one for 'L' and the one for 'Ch'
Old 04-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #288
Gwaimir Windgem

Yep, it was Arwen. She was wearing a see-through dress when they focussed on the Evenstar during the "mushy love stuff".

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #289
azalea
Long lost mooter

ENOUGH! (we need a "going-crazy" smiley, with his eyes shown as two swirls) Enough w/ the movie in here, already! If you feel the need to comment on it either way -- scroll down to the movies forum! Feel free to argue about it in the TT thread at the top. thanks!
Old 04-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #290
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Hey, if you're going to obsess about PJ and how well ( ) he did TTT, scoot along over to the LotR Movies thread where you belong. Here there be addicts.
Where I belong? I don't belong there. I need to defend the awesome lord of the ring movies here too!!AND arwens dress was NOT transparent people! only pervs would care about that. no offense!

anyway.....yup i think we are going off subject...ok...back on topic! hmmm...ways to tell you are obsessed w/ lotr! - You defend the movies when other people say how much it wasn't good enough!hehe

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Old 04-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #291
Gwaimir Windgem

No, that has nothing to do with the Lord of the Rings, but rather with those wannabe-movies.

Erhem, I was PROTESTING it, hello! And it was see-through. And if you want to continue, movie forum or PM, please.

And now for something completely different: Me ON-topic.

-silence-
-chirrupping-

I am obsessed.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 10:09 PM   #292
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

I don't see how you can be obsessed when you don't enjoy to movies.

Old 04-03-2003, 10:14 PM   #293
Gwaimir Windgem

Simple: Because I was a fan of the book all of my life, then PJ came along, and I refused to consider a movie which didn't even have the same characters as the same.

Besides, Tolkien was around for like fifty years before the movies, and there were people plenty obsessed. The Lord of the Rings is MUCH more than those movies.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #294
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
And I can't see how you can say you're obsessed unless you're learning the book inside out and don't own more than two books related to or by Tolkien (I currently own six).

P.S. GW, your PM box is full.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:40 PM   #295
Gwaimir Windgem

Hmm...let's see...

3 LotR
1 Silmarillion
2 Letters
1 LOTR RPG Corebook
1 Ruth Noel's Little Red Book of Horrors.

Thanks, will start clearing it out.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-03-2003, 10:44 PM   #296
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
1 LOTR (I have a one volume version, so could count as 3)
1 Silmarillion
1 Letters
1 Hobbit (soon to be 2)
1 JRR Tolkien, Author of the Century
1 The Guide to Middle Earth

So 6 or 8, depending on how you count LOTR.

I also own a red journal that says "there and Back again" and has the initials BB on it. I haven't written in it yet and I've had it for more than a year.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:01 PM   #297
Gwaimir Windgem

Used to have more; but my Hobbit and a few of my reference books seem to have disappeared.

O, also forgot:

1 Tolkien Bestiary

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-04-2003, 06:45 AM   #298
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Erm, slightly embarassed that I have such a tiny collection. No worries, I'm soon to expand it, as soon as I can get into Borders....

Today we played Celebrity Heads in English. For my friend, I wrote Frodo as her 'celebrity' (the most likely one for them to know). I was referring, of course, to the book character, not the movie one. But no-one in my class has read the books so I had to settle for movie-Frodo.
Anyway, when my friend asked 'Am I American?' I protested loudly when everyone said yes (I could only say no- saying he was from the Shire would have been a bit obvious). Then, when they agreed to something ridiculous (Can't remember what it was) I accidentally said 'No! That wasn't Fr-' Which caused the entire class to look at me- astounded that someone as intelligent as me practically gave the answer away.

Last edited by Linaewen : 04-04-2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:02 AM   #299
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Today, when I was rattling on to my mum about how beautiful Tengwar is, she started to have that look . You know the one, the non-LotR-enlightened one. So I said; 'Yes, I know you think I'm insane.' And she replied 'No, you're not insane. You're just weird.'
Which caused me to be very happy, and I told her it was a compliment for us 'Lord-of-the-Ring-holics' (direct quote from her) to be considered as such. I then commenced telling her about LotR-enlightenment. Afterwards, I began reading Ainulindale to her to demonstrate the beauty. I even read while standing outside my room, which is right next to the bathroom where the renovators are working, so they got an earful of glorious beauty as well. I was still reading 5 minutes later when my dad snatched the book off me (causing me to scream) and begin yelling 'Curse you, unenlightened people!' I now refer to my dad as Sauron.

Another example of LotR obsession-
For Psychology at school, we had to do this activity which involved writing down 5 boy's names beginning with S. I had to ask my teacher if it was specifically boys names she wanted, because I could only think of other male names. To which she said 'Well, aren't boy's names also men's names? What names are you thinking of?'
I said 'Never mind,' I couldn't very well tell her I could only think of 'Sam' (which was ok), 'Sauron' and 'Saruman.'

Last edited by Linaewen : 04-04-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:33 AM   #300
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

If you sneak on the 'Moot at 6:30 in the morning when you are grounded from the internet.

Guilty.