Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #281
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

No Just felt like writing.. swell
Old 03-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #282
Amael
Elven Warrior

Well darn. Sorry about that everyone, and the confusion and offense I'm certain many of you have taken to such a confusing post. Some edit I'll have to make since I made such a retarded post. I'll just need to retract 99% of it then, and hopefully when it's remade it can be alright. Though probably won't be.

Last edited by Amael : 03-01-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #283
Mari
Elf Lady

Now you sound just like Ingwe
It's an RPG, not a story you have to write correctly in one go or else, and your fellow writers don't mind a slip up here and there. Especially since you've been away often we understand it's hard for you to keep up and personally I'm happy you put the effort in to write something anyway.
So no nonsense about causing offense or it being unfixable. 'Oops, sorry ' suffices

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 03-01-2009, 05:06 AM   #284
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Hey, hey, no worries, Amael, it happens to the best of us. We totally understand.

And it's very easily solved. Just take out the reference that A'mael has been pregnant over a year and change it to she thinks her water may have broken. It's bit late to take it all out since Wilow's character has already reacted to A'mael's trouble. So maybe just post a new post explaining that as Haldis is helping A'mael it turns out it was a false alarm. Haldis no doubt has helped a lot of pregnant women before so she can explain to A'mael that it happens.

But we will have to work out what to do with A'mael later. As I said Radagast would logically not allow her to continue if he finds out she's three months pregnant. I suppose A'mael could hide her pregnancy until it's too late to be send back.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #285
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Sorry about that, it was a logical thing for her to react to... more so than anything else that was happening. What can you do?

I'll edit my post so that it's a false alarm. There we go. Better?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 03-01-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #286
Earniel

I didn't mean it as criticism when I mentioned your post, Willow. But you've quickly solved our little dilemma.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #287
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Willow's a quick thinker.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 AM   #288
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Not only don't these Elves have any personal experience with earlier pregnancies, I expect that they haven't ever even been around other pregnant Elves. I guess that they haven't had lots of contact with others lately, and those that they have been in touch with, have already had the children they want, before meeting our friends.

So it's an honest mistake when she feels uncomfortable - and good that Haldis can reassure her that everything is fine.

Good job, Willow. You're a good writer and a good player - which is not necessarily one and the same thing.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #289
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Now you sound just like Ingwe
It's an RPG, not a story you have to write correctly in one go or else, and your fellow writers don't mind a slip up here and there. Especially since you've been away often we understand it's hard for you to keep up and personally I'm happy you put the effort in to write something anyway.
So no nonsense about causing offense or it being unfixable. 'Oops, sorry ' suffices
Depression over the last couple of months. If I'm not crying about something, I'm throwing something else 20 feet in the air like a wounded troll. It's official: everyone I know of is on medication for that, except for my sister and obviously the kids. Even my grandfather is on medication for anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Hey, hey, no worries, Amael, it happens to the best of us. We totally understand.

And it's very easily solved. Just take out the reference that A'mael has been pregnant over a year and change it to she thinks her water may have broken. It's bit late to take it all out since Wilow's character has already reacted to A'mael's trouble. So maybe just post a new post explaining that as Haldis is helping A'mael it turns out it was a false alarm. Haldis no doubt has helped a lot of pregnant women before so she can explain to A'mael that it happens.

But we will have to work out what to do with A'mael later. As I said Radagast would logically not allow her to continue if he finds out she's three months pregnant. I suppose A'mael could hide her pregnancy until it's too late to be send back.
A'mael will go on anyway. It will be quite hard for her to hide being pregnant. It will be twins, but nobody knows that yet. So since she's 3 months through, that's nine more months until she finally does have the twins. So that means that she'll probably bbe somewhere safe by then, well we hope anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
Sorry about that, it was a logical thing for her to react to... more so than anything else that was happening. What can you do?

I'll edit my post so that it's a false alarm. There we go. Better?
I like your post, albeit it makes A'mael look like a very slow or perhaps 'blond' Elf, but it's still good. And honestly, I'm not the swiftest Elf, nor the brightest. The way I act is usually reserved for blonds (no offense to blonds, I hear so many blond jokes all the time). My hair is very dark brown, more black than brown. My character also has the same hair. So if anyone was expecting a blond girl, you were way off! And again, no offense with the blond jokes. I get so many E-mails from friends about blond jokes. The one who sends them ... she's blond and she makes fun of that fact, so hilarious!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #290
Mari
Elf Lady

*snorts* I'm very blond, but never blond blond. Though I might have some not so bright moments. But of course those are few.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #291
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Ya'll are making me blush, it's just a bit of improv instinct left over from playing in the silly rpgs where continuity was considered optional.

(And I am such a blonde! But hair color aside, pregnant on a quest, I would be panicking every other second. )

So who wants to help us come up with a relatively slow acting, mildly hallucenogenic snake venom?

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 03-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #292
Amael
Elven Warrior

I will since I was the one who was bitten. A'mael's dead-set on living. Heh, dead-set on living. LOL, movie references.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #293
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I was thinking maybe in the long ago past the area's local (non-venomous) snake population might have interbred with young dragons or something, since that would allow for a northern snake species aggressive enough to bite without the victim provoking and being aware of it and whose venom might produce the effects A'mael seems to be experiencing. It'd be best if it turns out to be non-fatal, since I doubt Haldis carries around the equipment to synthesize anti-venoms.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #294
Amael
Elven Warrior

Well, Elves do heal from wounds that are often fatal to mortals (or those less mortal than Elves, LOL). Even Elves are mortal to some degree, even the Earth is mortal to some degree. Just not as much as some others.

So she'll probably heal from it. It will just be awfully uncomfortable for however long it will be.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #295
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
It will be quite hard for her to hide being pregnant. It will be twins, but nobody knows that yet.
Haha, yes, well, obviously there's point when a pregnancy, especially with twins, becomes hard to hide. But A'mael would only have to keep it from Radagast when they meet at the Carnen river, because up until that point A'mael can easily be shipped off with the Raft-Elves to safety. It's only when they leave the river and go north towards the Iron Hills that they'll be travelling in basically enemy territory and sending someone back will then likely be impossible even if Radagast wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I was thinking maybe in the long ago past the area's local (non-venomous) snake population might have interbred with young dragons or something, since that would allow for a northern snake species aggressive enough to bite without the victim provoking and being aware of it and whose venom might produce the effects A'mael seems to be experiencing. It'd be best if it turns out to be non-fatal, since I doubt Haldis carries around the equipment to synthesize anti-venoms.
Non-fatal and non-life-threatening seems the way to go, especially since we've only just worked out how to keep A'mael in the story, we do not need another way to have her die off.

Bites often cause feeling ill and nauseated which works well with A'mael's earlier collapse while feeling strange. And as she was too busy worrying about a possible birth, she may just not have noticed the snake?

We could go with the Green Whip Snake, non-poisonous for humans but more agressive than most European non-poisonous snakes. It could bite unprovoked. (In Dutch it's called the wrath-snake. ) The bite would call for no extensive treatment, just keeping the bite clean so it wouldn't infect. But I'll imagine it stings quite a bit until it heals, snakebites can be messy in that regard.

Upon consideration, I think I don't want to imagine a snake population interbreeding with dragons. It provides... interesting mental images, though.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #296
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Upon consideration, I think I don't want to imagine a snake population interbreeding with dragons. It provides... interesting mental images, though.
Bah! Thanks, now that mental image is in my mind too! The mechanics of such a union would be mind boggling though!

I was thinking perhaps either bees or snakes, but snakes sound about right. But she would have noticed a snake most likely. Or perhaps it was small enough of a snake to not be noticed, or she was bitten while sleeping.

Even if the snake is a cobra, it wouldn't kill her. Elves can heal from most wounds that mortals cannot. So if we see a snake, and then 10, then 100 of them, everyone's going to have to start fending for themselves. I hope we don't get that many snakes though!

SNAKES!!! AAAA!
Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #297
Earniel

Snakes never gather in such numbers unless for breeding frenzies, and not every species does that either. But in those moments they're totally oblivious to any people in the neighbourhood, they have other pressing matters to attend to instead.

*quites likes snakes even though some of them have nearly given her a heart attack at times*
Old 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #298
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
*snorts* I'm very blond, but never blond blond. Though I might have some not so bright moments. But of course those are few.
You don't act like one. On the other hand Redhead Acally acts so much like a dimwitted blond sometimes (no offense to anyone)
Quote:
OMG, Earnie!!! I just got a mental on that!
Quote:
Snakes never gather in such numbers unless for breeding frenzies, and not every species does that either. But in those moments they're totally oblivious to any people in the neighbourhood, they have other pressing matters to attend to instead.

*quites likes snakes even though some of them have nearly given her a heart attack at times*
And again, another mental

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #299
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Let's go Green Whip Snake. No need to subject ourselves to awful mental images (sorry Earn!) if there's a existing species that'll do the work.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #300
Amael
Elven Warrior

Gee, I'm glad I actually came up with something that almost everyone can participate in. I feel kinda honored that me, as "n00b" after a year, can pull some good plot elements out of the tremendous depths of my limited and bland imagination. Time to take my anti-pessimism pills again! Oh they're so tasty! Not!

So ... how did my last post go? I know it was a bit too long, but it was more of A'mael's thoughts during the time. Ya I'm sure it wasn't all that great, oh well. I'll learn after I make 50 disastrous posts.

Anyway, time to kill some snakes and get to the boats and to our next destination!

Are we heading east, north-east, or south-east? And how far away are we from the Inland Sea of Rhun? Just curious.
Closed Thread