Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #281
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Well, I understand very well, Earniel. I showed the post to my fiance as she's been reading it and she even told me that it wasn't a good idea at first. In my over-confidence given that the week had been going well, I decided to disobey and be a little preemptive (President Bush o.O).

I should most likely repeat what I wrote in a private message so that more light is brought to this issue so that this isn't so much of a problem.

Ingwion was the direct heir and son of Ingwe. He led the host of the Vanyar to take Cirdan's southern of two havens, Eglarest, the Mouth of the Nenning, during the first battle of the War of Wrath (not to be mistaken with the First Battle of the First Age, or the First Battle for Beleriand).

It is possible that for a while he stayed in Middle Earth, but this is purely hypothetical. If he had a son or sons or daughters, that's not known either. Given the confusion that the First Age produced, it's entirely possible that one or more of Ingwion's sons and/or daughters stayed behind, somehow being lost in battle when he led the host to take Morgoth down.

The Vanyar, being utmost of loyalty to the Valar above all others as they were the first to come to Aman, would be unlikely to stay behind in this manner - that is, all things being equal. At the end of the First Age, nothing was equal anymore. The original intentions of the Valar were to create a peaceful world and share it with the spirits and life there. The marring of Arda debilitated that course of action. Orome wished to take the Elves away from the mortal lands. For the most part, that task failed. Most came there, some stayed behind, and of those who did go to Aman, some of them returned as well. Ingwion, son of Ingwe, was one of them, but only temporarily. All things being equal, any sons or daughters or wife he had would have went with him, but nothing was equal by this time. Most of the Noldor had been destroyed. The Teleri and Avari remained high in number but had still lost a great many themselves. For all we know, Ingwion himself may have been killed at the last battle, though this is highly unlikely.

My character takes into account the following assumptions and character profile artifacts, not to be taken literally as fact in any way (all things not being equal):
1. Ingwion had a son(s) and/or daughter(s) much before the First Age (making Ingwionis very old indeed by the time of the third age). If this is not the case and Ingwion remained for a while and then had a wife and children, Ingwionis in his tale is lying about his age yet again.
2. According to the character profile, Ingwionis is half-Vanyarin, half-Telerin (not half-Noldorin as I had once mistakingly posted). So he's half-1st clan, half-3rd clan. This means that Ingwionis' mother was Telerin, perhaps a wife or daughter of Olwe or Elwe (most likely).
3. Ingwionis likely made up his own mind about where he wanted to be after he was presumably "lost" in battle sometime near the end of the War of Wrath. I will be reflecting that in my edited post. I would have to provide some reason as to why Ingwionis would want to stay while the rest of the Vanyar and most of the Noldor and half the Teleri wanted to go to Aman. That reason would have to involve having a family of his own by the end of the First Age, beginning of the Second; or perhaps comradery got the best of him and he decided to dwell in the lands that he helped to defend.
4. Ingwionis is an odd character - this would have to be true if he was half-Vanyar and not willing to go back to Aman. So he would be the literal black sheep of the house of Ingwe.
5. Ingwionis is the father of Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise (this one's obviously just a joke because it's late and I have a really dumb sense of humor this time of day, yet I for some reason couldn't -not- say it).

The part about a Balrog though...not happening. (Note to self: do not take pain medication for my stomach and then make a post of any kind while under its shroud of intoxication)

There are possibly another two Balrogs left in Middle Earth that have not been dealt with since the end of the First Age. There were most likely originally three that survived. At least one was destroyed since then (Durin's Bane). It's hard to tell what would become of the others (if any are left) after Sauron was destroyed, but they seem to have a will of their own since when Morgoth was thrown into the void the Balrogs were still powerful and very much alive, but lay dormant most of the time. If Sauron had known better he'd have summoned them, but Sauron was probably not enough of a leadership figure in the eyes of the Balrogs for Sauron to rule them. They'd most likely end up in competition with Sauron, though I think after the War of Wrath, the Balrogs just seemed to want to take a long snooze and be left alone.

Anyway, yup lol. Hopefully I know what to put in my edited post (and hopefully don't forget to look at this post too).
Old 04-17-2008, 07:22 AM   #282
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Another Avarin Elf! They're coming out of the woodworks in the RPG! You're welcome, Aikanáro. I don't think one more is going to matter at this point, we're a small army devision by now anyway.

I think there's a good point of entry a little further up ahead. I'll let you know.
Enough of you to have attracted Tabrîl's attention, anyway!

Thank you for letting me join in, and I look forward to posting with you all!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:42 PM   #283
Mari
Elf Lady

o_O I'm confused now too. Are we camping or riding?
If we're camping I can edit in my deleted post again. If we're riding I'll leave it as it is... >_<

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #284
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

well i thought we were camping cause haldis asked if the pot was boiling cant have a boiling pot on a horse!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #285
Mari
Elf Lady

Yeah, that's what I thought, but earlier we said we were riding so... >_<

Old 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #286
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

but hasn't ragarast just got a map out to find where we're going? map reading on a horse, boiling water on a horse! oh my head hurts!

thinking about it mine and your char's haven't really talked. i think they need to at least say hi to each other! lol
Old 04-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #287
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

We're camping now? Er...

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #288
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

We are camping. The post where we stopped to camp got deleted. But we are camping.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #289
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

thats it! if Willow Oran says we're camping we're camping! then we all know whats going on!

that is if anyone else once to camp!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #290
Mari
Elf Lady

I'll edit my previous post back in. Faewen, feel free to have Nami join me. ^_^

Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #291
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Ah, okay. I better post a status post for Abasi, then.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #292
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
o_O I'm confused now too. Are we camping or riding?
If we're camping I can edit in my deleted post again. If we're riding I'll leave it as it is... >_<
I'm not sure of that myself. Maybe we're stopping once every 100 meters for dialog, then ride another 100 meters and then stop for map lookin', I can't figure it out myself.

In the most recent post I made, we were riding and Radagast comes up says to take a look at a map, which is possible if you're good enough at riding a horse (roflcopter). I'm pretty sure at that point though the party stops for a second, probably not to setup camp but to look at the map.

But while telling stories I'm sure that's at camp. I think that at some points, as many as a few hours may pass between posts. I gave a little flexibility in my post by saying something about leaving camp and it had been some hours that the party had been quiet while riding.

So, I guess we can fill in the gaps with that. Now only if we all had a set to do this in real life we could see how it plays out. That would be so awesome!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #293
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

woo hoo! we're camping! nami will come and say hi when i come back from singing tonight! woo!

Last edited by feawen : 04-17-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #294
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Now only if we all had a set to do this in real life we could see how it plays out. That would be so awesome!
Oh yeah!
But I don't think I'd make much of an actor. ^_^

Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #295
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Dont expect Redplate to speak for a while. Willow's errant fireball scorched him pretty good so he has bandages on his face. Mummy style.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #296
Mari
Elf Lady

Cute

Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #297
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Irritatingly painful too. So he shall be his quiet grumpy self times two. Only less silent.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #298
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Lol, poor Redplate. Maybe we can find him a reed to drink his soup.

Camping it is. We can pretend we've ridden all day long. (Isn't it marvelous how you can speed this up when writing? )

Quote:
So, I guess we can fill in the gaps with that. Now only if we all had a set to do this in real life we could see how it plays out. That would be so awesome!
I dunno, I reckon I'd be eating up my notes from nerves by now. Never mind finding a table that accomodates roughly 20 people!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #299
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Heh, he brought his own I think... Either that or a sippy cup.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #300
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Now only if we all had a set to do this in real life we could see how it plays out. That would be so awesome!
That would be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person View Post
Heh, he brought his own I think... Either that or a sippy cup.
HA HA! Poor Redplate

Sorry I haven't been posting in the game. Been busy and im fighting a cold

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Closed Thread