Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2005, 02:39 PM   #281
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Grey Wolf, I think we cross-posted. It's funny, though, we both have the snake following his new friend!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #282
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Grey Wolf, I think we cross-posted. It's funny, though, we both have the snake following his new friend!
I think it's quite all right, though, because you're finishing off the scene which I started. They were still in the water in my post and they reached the bank in yours.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #283
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

We have cross-posted, BB, I am sorry. I have started replying when your message was shorter. Could you, perhaps, for the sake of continuity, remove the last paragraphs (after the snake) and put them in a new post below mine?

I like the story. Compliments to all!
Now off to snowy Gundabad?
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #284
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well at this exact momment i have haven't a clue ... it has all happened too quickly ( ) i was just about to look into my crystal ball and reply to CS (i i think) that i am sure that EB will post ... when i ended up replying to a PM from EB ... and have asked her to join the fello-fun crew ... so hopefully EB will add to the wonderful chaos ....

...right forgotten where i started ... hey! that truly IS the description of leisure time for me!

good on yer' all!

... will have a look and try and keep up!

best all .. ps loved our new non-rpg character the Snake ... esp notices to CS and GW: excellent stuff!

( haven't read yours yet G: will do! .... )
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #285
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
We have cross-posted, BB, I am sorry. I have started replying when your message was shorter. Could you, perhaps, for the sake of continuity, remove the last paragraphs (after the snake) and put them in a new post below mine?
?

?? cannot see it myself (?) happy to re-edit .. but cannot see why, i concur with GW... it works well enough, what's the problem?

anyway if you feel the need to re-edit my post i will ... IF only to show CS how adaptable i am ... (CS: only kidding )

..er.. but do still not understand why there is a need for it? (but will if you want - assuming of course i understand what it is you want to change? - ... genuinely at a loss on that one!

(maybe i missed something?- this has all happened prettily quickly ... so it's more than possible...)

best BB
Old 07-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #286
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

MY god, slow down, BB! Sounds like you've had too much coffee...

Old 07-18-2005, 04:18 PM   #287
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Seventeen bottles of the bubbly-stuff went down with the boat -thus explaining to a degree the fact that there were a number of wraiths punting up and down the Anduin, wearing straw hats and eating strawberries in their merriment (and by a funny chance completely disregarding ALL established fishing tips by the Anduin Angling Association ... or AAA (NOT the Angmarian Alcolholics Assoc - they disbanded when they got so drunk one night they all completely forgot it had even existed) as they were known hereabouts ...

somewhere, undercover and shivering beyond control old 'tall story' Hobbysquealer 'the talkative' put away his rod and maggots etc and quitly blended into the distance thinking "whew! that was a close call an' all - maybe it's too dangerous down here after all ... i'd best be back of to took-land and see me third cousin, once-removed (on my father's line ... him being the second cousin to old Bambbozle ... ) and see old 'bright eyes' frodo ...

meanwhile Sauron, although enjoying the baths ... was beginning (in cooking terms) to SIMMER ...
BB,
I have meant to take away this part from your previous post and put it in a new post below mine, to make it the last one in the thread.

It is not very necessary, but it would be better this way, I believe. Then the next one to post can portray Sau's frustration.

Thank you for being so nice and adaptable!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #288
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

what the last bit? ref: Sau or the whole thing?

actually Lotesse... it's ironic i have had the least coffee today than for .... well a quite long time .... BTW quite off topic here what the hell happened to the explosions thread? Not only has it disappered ... the other one .. i beleive there were 2??

bit also my post has dis-appeared from my own profile too - i.e. been obliterated? can you update me or let me know???? I have been too busy but by christ i am not happy about it: not even a word to say a whole thread would be obliterated or that personal posts would be wiped! It's one thing to close a thread ... but to completely eradicate EVERYTHING goes way beyond the pale .. and if that is a reaction to the explosions in London ... well no matter where you stand ... by christ and freedom ... what are we fighting for???? ...anyway someone had better explain why it has been deleted! I kid you not - ... anyway ...

apologies to our fellowship for that ....

( only beacuse this isn't the right place, mind you )
Old 07-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #289
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Probably you should ask a moderator. See if you can pinpoint when it was that your posts vanished, then figure out who was "on duty" at that time, then ask them. That's what I would do. PM them, or something.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:33 AM   #290
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well i have all the other mods (or most anyway) but spock does not accept pm's from me anymore ... and as i have been told Spock was Mod for GM's? So i can't!

The whole thread went down not just mine ...so it was nothing personal .. my only beef is there just seems to be no announcment about it, or any messages ... i spent ages trying to find it on 2 occasions ....
Old 07-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #291
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Happy Birthday, GORDIS
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:35 AM   #292
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Gor, could you perhaps edit your Ring post so that there are only eight Rings there. Thanks. and Happy Birthday.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #293
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, TD. Will do that immediately.

CS I am impressed! Thank you for the party. It is almost as splendid as.. Bilbo's!

Thanks to All!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:18 PM   #294
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

hi, you guys. Don't know really what to write; so whatever. I thought it might be interesting to have Viv catch Khamul at his palantir; maybe he can try to bribe her into silence, but she refuses to accept bribes and promises to keep silence on her honour, which she does, but it adds another layer to the story, no? Anyway, just ideas.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #295
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Oh, and BTW you guys, Viv doesn't have a crush on anyone, and she's NOT interested in Khamul, she's just being a homegirl. Ringwraiths don't play catty games with each other, I don't think that'd be their style, you know? And they are long-time friends with each other, so they won't quickly rat each other out, or steal each other's love interests. Just stuff to bear in mind.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #296
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

excellent posting by all ! Particularly super crazy squirrel for the wraiths shire-like party! (it's almost as if at least some knew of the shire and the halflings! )

esp liked the "and the Snake!"

is khamul going to shriek (as Sau erupts again) after Viv goes off hand on heart and mind as slippery as our beloved snake, thinking things over?

The plot thickens ... As a true Naz will she be true to one or true to 8 (not just 8 or indeed five but all the other 8) ...

*drum roll*

happy birthday again gor - are you really having a champagne and strawberries party tonight? If so - goodstuff - hope you really enjoy it.

interesting idea Lotesse ... has many possibilities ...

I'd like to see TD develop somem of khamul's private thinking ... that'd work really well as a tandem with viv's thoughts .

So guys and gals: any ideas for a name for our Snake?

maybe SSSlipery SSauron?

look forward to your suggestions.

best
BB
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #297
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

and have his nickname (the snake's) be SS, like an evil Nazi stormtrooper? No, I guess that would be mixing worlds.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #298
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sounds good for me ..SS it could easily be .. maybe we could have khamul (accidently) mutter it as the conversation came up?

(only we here in this reality will know of any ref to the nazi's ... SS could easily work .. i like it Lotesse ...)

maybe we should keep the floor open though so all can add ideas if they want?

you got a glass of wine or anything / or a smoke etc?

I'll be toasting Gor in 9 mins (830 uk time) ..good if you could join in!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-19-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:26 PM   #299
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I'll stick around for the toast, for sure!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #300
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I was thinking that I (Khamûl) could threaten Viv as she doesn't accept his bribes.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote