Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #281
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Naturally, the Rohirrim knew that these creatures who listened to harsh music and smelled of ??? old NBA oder-eaters & worcester sause ??? had to die. So they set about to nail them. Well, not "nail" them per say, more spearing and cutting would be going on as such...but you get the point, or rather they hoped the orcs would…get it ….get it??.

It doesn’t work the other way any way. Nails are actually quite small...unless you get larger ones but then aren't they technically termed spikes at some point???

*Narrator is suddenly hit by Fish...story continues*

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!

Last edited by EarthBound : 02-25-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #282
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
The Para-Military Branch of the Rohirrim. The Third Éored of the Mark held back somewhat from the allmost overpowering stench of worcester sause and deafening Heavy Metal rock music emanating from the ORCer camp.

"Let's take them just before dusk." said Éomer."When they'll be surprised indeed to see us."

"Yeah. Let's get the mothers." the other bikers agreed.

Ever so stealthily the Bikers surrounded the ORCer camp preparing for a devasting attack, although they kept out of cross-bow shot.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-25-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #283
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Suddenly, shouts could be heard from one end of the ORCer camp. A couple of bikers had sneaked in and slit the throats of a couple ORCer's and slipped out again into the darkness.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #284
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Ugluk had muster all his guys to stop the whole Mordorese pack from going into a stampede.

"Fellow Unionists." He practically screamed."Don't let the Biker-boys scare you into doing something stupid. We'll deal with them soon enough. And all the better if we stick together."

"Hear, hear." agreed all the ORC Local 339:ers, looking disgustedly at the cowardly 446:ers.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:42 AM   #285
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

As dawn broke the whole ORCer pack set off at an even more ferocious pace, alternating between carrying the captives among them.

But now the Rohirrim followed them. Closing in now and then within one-shot range from their M16A2 assault rifles and then withdrawing as the ORCers shot back with their ultra-modern crossbows.

As they closed in on the eaves of Fangorn night fell again. Ugluk had to lob off a couple of more Mordorese heads to keep the rest from panicking.

Around them watch-fires lit up in a circle as the Rohirrim began their wait for dawn to come.

A few panicky ORCers shot useless bolts at the fires before Ugluk got them to stop by lobbing off some more heads.

As dawn broke the Rohirrim attacked in earnest.

And in doing so the ORCers withdrew into a tight defensive circle - leaving Merry and Pippin temperarily unguarded - but only temporary.

Suddenly, a small ORCer appeared and grabbing hold of them, taking them away from the fray.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-27-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #286
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Pippin looked at his guard who was standing a small distance away from him. Pippin was aboiut to speak to Merry when his guard landed in between them, woth a spear through his gut. Pippin seized this chance and quickly slit the rope binding his hands together and joined them with a loose knot.Suddenly Ugluk appeared and several Mordor ORCers.
"Your back then Grishnakh," Ugluk snnered. "Did you leave something behind?"
"Yes," he replied. "I left a fool." Ugluk gave him a look that would kill if looks could but turned away and said to some Uruk-Hai.
"Get the prisoners away. I want them alive as long as I am."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #287
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Where are they?" Ugluk shouted on seeing the captives gone.

But he soon got more important matters to deal with when Éomer got off his bike and fought him hand-to-hand. A fight which ended in Ugluk's defeat and the utter annihalation of all the other ORCers.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-27-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #288
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

In the confusion of the fight, Merry and Pippin seized their opportunity. Bikes roared around them, spears and arrows flew, and ORCers and the bikers fought fiercely under the eaves of the forest.
"Come on Merry," said Pippin in a hoarse whisper.
"Yeah, let's blow this popscicle stand," said Merry. They started crawling toward the forest.
"Guess what Merry, I --" started Pippin, but was cut off when a biker roared between them. Pippin rolled away just in time. The elven cloaks! he thought, We are practically invisible to friend and foe alike. We have to get away from this fight! He crawled back to Merry as the biker ran an ORCer through with a long spear.
"Looks like the bikers are getting the upper hand," Merry said quietly amid the clamour. They crawled to the forest as quickly as they could without being spotted. Greatfully, hid in some bushes at the edge of the forest.
"I could do with a bit of food," said Merry. "Then maybe we could do something about these ropes."
"I think I have a slightly squashed MRE in my pocket," said Pippin.
"Yeah, I've got one too, but I can't put my mouth in my pocket," said Merry, his tummy grumbling loudly.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 02-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #289
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 3.4: Treebeard

Quite close a ORCer Mora knife lay and Pippin grabbed it as well he could and cut Merry's bonds and then Merry freed Pippin. They sat up and had some badly squashed MRE's and then they got up and wandered into the forest not bothering to look back at the Rohirrim mopping up the last the ORCer resistance.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #290
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The two hobbits walked along a narrow stream, westward and up towards the the slopes of the mountains, deeper and deeper into Fangorn.
Slowly their fear of the ORCers died away, and their pace slackened. A queer stifling feeling came over them, as if the air were too thin or too scanty for breathing.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-28-2005 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #291
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

As they walked they suddenly felt very thirsty and sat down by the creek cupping their hands so that they could drink some of the cold water.

After they had sated their thirst they continued up the slight hill until they arrived at a huge stair going up to the top of the hill. They immediately began climbing the huge stair which seemed to have been made by giants.

Finally, they arrived at the top, turned around, and breathed the fresh and clear air there.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:33 PM   #292
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

'well', said pippin, 'it's nice to see the sun again, i almost felt as if I liked the forest!'
'hroom, hroom!' came a deep voice behind them 'almost felt you liked the forest? well that's uncommonly kind of you! now let me see your faces' a great, knobbly hand was placed on each of their shoulders, and they were turned irresistebly around, to stare into the face of what, they could not tell
Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #293
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

It looked like The Jolly Green Giant. And whatever it was it sure was green.
"What have here - hrm hrrrmmm bambumbbym - what have here?" it said.

"Well, what are you?" asked Merry."You look like the Jolly Green Giant."

"You sure do." agreed Pippin.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-28-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #294
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Yes, hrm, that is what I'm called in Westron but my real name is Treebeard which is the Westron form of my unpronouncable Entish name. So what are you?"

"We're hobbits. I'm Merry and this is Pippin. We come from Hobbiton in the Shire." said Merry.

"Merry and Pippin, nice names." rumbled the Jolly Green Giant.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #295
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

merry and pippin found it hard not to laugh at the Jolly Green Giant, he had a bag of maize at his waist, and he spat leaves whenever he spoke
Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #296
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

It became quite obvious to the two hobbits that though the giant was rather kind and funny to look at, he was immensely strong and would be a horrible enemy if angered.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 PM   #297
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

and angering him, or it, might make all the difference between a cow sitting thoughtfully chewing grass, and a bull charging a gate

ooc: thought we were overdue for a book quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #298
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Well, my young hobbits, should we leave this, what did you call, hrm, and go to my home, hrm-hm." The Jolly Green Giant said.

"It's called a hill." said Merry.

"A very short name for something that been around since beginning of time, hmm-hrm. We ents give things a name that describes it's entire existance." the Giant said.

"Do you. We might seem a bit hasty, then. Shall we go to your place." said Pippin."Won't you're arms be tired from holding us up like that?"

"No, we ents don't tire easily." the Giant answered."But if you want you may sit on my shoulders."

"That would be nice." the hobbits agreed.

And with that Treebeard put the hobbits on his shoulders and they went off to his home.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #299
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The day waned, and dusk was twined about the boles of the trees. At las the hobbits saw, rising dimly before them, a steep dark land: they had come to the feet of the mountains, and to the green roots of the tall Methedras.

Down the hillside the young Entwash, leaping from its springs high above, ran noisily from step to step to meet them. On the right of the stream there was long slope, clad with grass, now grey in the twilight. No trees grew there and it was open to the sky; stars where shining already in lakes between shores of cloud.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #300
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

After having travelled for ages, according to the hobbits, they finally arrived at Treebeard's home. He proceeded into a hole in the mountainsside. On each side of the opening there stood two trees.

Just inside the entrance there was a waterfall in which Treebeard walked in after putting the hobbits down.
After having had a nice and envigourating soak Treebeard showed the hobbits to a table on which there stood a couple of cans of Gainomax Recovery and three bags of Green Tea. He mixed the energy drink with a couple of teaspoons of tea and offered the hobbits a jug each.

"Here you are - a refreshing Ent drink." he said.

The hobbits tried not to grimace too much as they downed the horrid mixture. But after they had drunk it they suddenly felt very much envigorated and that it had some magic in it.

Treebeard lay down on a low bed and the hobbits sat on on low stools beside it.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-06-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Closed Thread