Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2005, 10:32 AM   #281
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm really excited about my chapter, but it's ages away... *impatient foot-tapping...*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:11 AM   #282
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Hey mithrand1r - you were a bit early, but thank you anyway for posting! Since it was a little early (I guess about 4 days) I'll leave Bombadillo's last chapter in this forum for now - in case anyone wishes to add to that discussion before we move it up to the discussion sub-forum.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 PM   #283
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

further info

...er... (apologies if this stupid question) are the chapters of LOTR still going? Where we up to? Im new to this site and got excited by the project until i realised it started (exactly - when i first noticed it a year ago??). Ho hum - can anyone tell me what the state of play is? - ps with regard to editions of LOTR, mine is a british unwin which is just plain red (hard back) as if it were the Redbook.Has the fold out map which is charming.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #284
Valandil

Butterbeer - welcome! 'The White Rider' discussion has just started. Feel free to just jump right in with the discussion in that chapter or any previous ones (all except the one prior are in the LOTR Discussion sub-forum). And you can see assignments in one of the first posts on this thread (some openings may still come up later - if you'd be interested).

Happy posting. I also invite you to introduce yourself in the 'Welcome Thread' in GM.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 03-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #285
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Hey mithrand1r - you were a bit early, but thank you anyway for posting! Since it was a little early (I guess about 4 days) I'll leave Bombadillo's last chapter in this forum for now - in case anyone wishes to add to that discussion before we move it up to the discussion sub-forum.
Sorry about that. I thought I was supposed to be up on the 15th.

Butterbeer,

If I understand the question correctly, We are currently in Book III, Chapter V The White Rider. (Although it seems that I jumped the gun. Maybe I am from Oklahoma )

post=500

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 03-17-2005 at 01:08 AM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #286
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thanks for that Mithrand1r and Valandil - by the way i notice you've just gone past 500 posts Mithrand1r - i just learnt from me9996 ("The Wizard" / working title?) that you have the option of chosing a title - so, at risk of being boring - i.e asking same question twice in 2 days -, whats it going to be?
..er.. also whats the reference to Olkhoma mean?
Will try and find white rider discussion,
thanks again
Butterbeer
Old 03-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #287
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Gandalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
thanks for that Mithrand1r and Valandil - by the way i notice you've just gone past 500 posts Mithrand1r - i just learnt from me9996 ("The Wizard" / working title?) that you have the option of chosing a title - so, at risk of being boring - i.e asking same question twice in 2 days -, whats it going to be?
..er.. also whats the reference to Olkhoma mean?
Will try and find white rider discussion,
thanks again
Butterbeer
I have not thought about a title yet.

It is a reference to the nickname of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma
In 1889, the Indian Territory was opened to settlers. Thousands of people lined up on the border and, when the signal was given, they raced into the territory to claim their land. Some people went in early to claim their land. They became known as Sooners.
Hence, Oklahoma's nickname today is “The Sooner State”.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #288
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Apologies for lateness. Unexpected (and unwelcome) allergies came into way of posting in weekend. Will post as soon as possible (hopefully in a day or two at the latest). Again, sorry.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #289
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Apologies for lateness. Unexpected (and unwelcome) allergies came into way of posting in weekend. Will post as soon as possible (hopefully in a day or two at the latest). Again, sorry.
blimey! your'e worse than me at meaning to post but not getting round to, but posting to say you mean to!!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #290
Earniel

Aye, worse in the sense that it was my turn to post the start of the next two chapters discussion and I was late!

Chapters 'The King of the Golden Hall' and 'Helm's Deep' now posted.

Sorry again for the delay.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:43 AM   #291
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Just posting to state that although I don't post here regularly anymore, I'd still like to do my chapters.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #292
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Why not rejoin the Tolkien section, or at least the discussion project then?

Welcome back... sort of...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #293
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Just posting to state that although I don't post here regularly anymore, I'd still like to do my chapters.

what chapters ye' doin' BOP?
look forward to 'em
(heh -got the internet radio on at the mo - man some good DUB on at mo) kinda 21c updated altdub if y'know what i mean?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #294
Valandil

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Because of some understandably difficult issues, Bombadillo has been unable to complete his current assignment: "The Road to Isengard" and "Flotsam and Jetsam".

We're now soliciting for a volunteer to take those chapters. The job would entail writing up an introductory post summarizing each chapter, including whatever analysis you would like to make and creating some discussion questions.

It would be ideal to be able to have this completed within 7-10 days, but if it takes a little longer, that's alright.

Any takers...??

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #295
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

Quote:
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Because of some understandably difficult issues, Bombadillo has been unable to complete his current assignment: "The Road to Isengard" and "Flotsam and Jetsam".

We're now soliciting for a volunteer to take those chapters. The job would entail writing up an introductory post summarizing each chapter, including whatever analysis you would like to make and creating some discussion questions.

It would be ideal to be able to have this completed within 7-10 days, but if it takes a little longer, that's alright.

Any takers...??
Sure. I know I've not been around of late and have MANY posts to catch up on, but if NO ONE else takes these, I will. I love both chapters. The semester is winding down, and it will probably be closer to 10-12 days before I could put them up.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:49 AM   #296
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
what chapters ye' doin' BOP?
look forward to 'em
(heh -got the internet radio on at the mo - man some good DUB on at mo) kinda 21c updated altdub if y'know what i mean?
Book IV, ch. 3&4: The Black Gate is Closed and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit.

I guess they'll be due shortly?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #297
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkbeard
Sure. I know I've not been around of late and have MANY posts to catch up on, but if NO ONE else takes these, I will. I love both chapters. The semester is winding down, and it will probably be closer to 10-12 days before I could put them up.
Offer gratefully accepted! Thank you Forkbeard. 10-12 days would be wonderful - and if you need a few more, that's alright too.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 05-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #298
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Book IV, ch. 3&4: The Black Gate is Closed and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit.

I guess they'll be due shortly?

Hopefully by the end of June, but not quite sure yet.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #299
Forkbeard
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Offer gratefully accepted! Thank you Forkbeard. 10-12 days would be wonderful - and if you need a few more, that's alright too.
Workingon it today, so may be coming tonight, tomorrow certainly barring unforeseen circumstances.
Forkbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #300
Earniel

I've just split your chapter and given it its own proper thread here. You can post the second bit there too.