Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #281
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

it amazes me how you girls can chat away like that when you are jigging and dancin' away .... you must be better dancers than me i guess ...
Old 12-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #282
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

and I"m working on Christmas trees, too - check out the Teacup Cafe!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #283
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Yes, I read the rest of the post, Lotesse. And it just seemed like you were making the best of my post, but didn't really like it, so I deleted it. I thought it was fine how it worked out when you added the one line I asked for, but seriously, Lotesse, I definitely did NOT get the feeling that you were happy with it. I do NOT want you unhappy with how I portray Viv!

And I'd like to work with you, if you'll give me something to work with. I need help! I don't like guessing - I just don't. I'd much rather you say, "She wouldn't meet him that way - could you make it this way, please?" I"d be so happy to fix it so that you like it, as opposed to you taking something that I wrote that is just so completely against your character and having to wrench it around to work.

I thought the general idea was a good one, and if you give me something to go on for how Viv would hook up with him, I'd be happy to write it again, OK?
O.K., but how about this - can we leave it as is, 'cause I really don't want to take out the whole episode, I think it was in a way kinda pivotal for a Nazgul to have a moment with an elf that was non-threatening and non-negative, you know? It makes things interesting. Maybe you could put a little preamble back in, if you want to which I'd love it if you did, but if you do, would you write it still like the way you did at first, where Viv tries to do "the girlie act," because I like how she gives it a shot, then laughs at herself for even trying and flat out blurts out that she was trying to get his attention, because that IS like her. She'd give it at least a shot, once, you know? Since she sees Lilly doing it all the time, and she was feeling daring and a little bored wandering around Tharbad after her amazing morning-noon with Ray. There COULD be other unspoken reasons, too, why Viv would think it a good idea to make contact with Alagos, you know Viv HAS got a secret ageda what with being a Nazgul and all. And then, I'll take off the Rian brackets to make it flow if that's what you would like. What do you think?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #284
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
it amazes me how you girls can chat away like that when you are jigging and dancin' away .... you must be better dancers than me i guess ...
Oh, you have no idea, Bojangles! You ain't seen nothin' yet; never underestimate the female gender. We're multi-tasking maniacs. *continues jammin' the dance*

Old 12-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #285
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yes, that sounds good to me, I'll give it a shot right now and try to remember what I wrote. I"ll start it now, then let me know if I forgot anything you wanted in. What did you mean by a "preamble", though? I don't know what you mean

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-06-2005, 09:29 PM   #286
Rían

OK, I restored the two posts as best as I could. Let me know if I missed anything you wanted in, and please go ahead and send those Rian brackets to the computer black hole! I added in stuff about Ray to explain her lively mood a bit - let me know if that's good with you.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #287
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
What did you mean by a "preamble", though? I don't know what you mean?
it's a kind of a mexican foxtrot i think ... boy that christmas tree thread is the BOMB!

Earniel & Val: we GOTTA do that this year .. please urgently put to the Mod team!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #288
Rían

isn't it AMAZING how many different trees we came up with?!?!

Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #289
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

you betcha
Old 12-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #290
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Rian - Thanx 4 re-installing your post, and for trying to work with me! I appreciate it a lot. There's just a few things I wanted to mention: If you could take out the part where Viv wants him to notice her - she doesn't much care at all about men noticing her,she's entirely non-vain that way, a real tomboy. Men notice her because she's beautiful without trying to be, and she's got a daring spark about her that most women don't have at all. The whole episode would have been staged so that she could satisfy her curiosity about Elves in Tharbad in general, and to kill a little time, etc. See, the way you'd written it to begin with, is how I responded with the post I wrote. When you first wrote the scene with Viv staging a distressed female thing, you (and Alagos) didn't know yet that I'd respond by having Viv laughingly admit it was an act. SO, Alagos wouldn't have said to the horse he knew it was an act, and so forth...

I'm interrupted right now, sorry gotta go

Old 12-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #291
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Cool last post, Lady M! I like the peaceful, clean aspect of simplicity there at Mahtaliel's residence; very nice.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #292
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*leaps on lotesse* Whoooo! *dodges and weaves about the mass of dancing Rpgers* Race post is not yet up. But dont get your undies in a bunch *changes partners* Anyways. I like your post Lady M, looks kinda like my room now! *twirls Valandil around*
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 PM   #293
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

*looks at Shah* I want what she's having. In fact, give me two of what she's having.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 PM   #294
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Do you now? Very well! *gives Lotesse a double kiss on each cheek* There, now join the fun you wallflower! And post!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #295
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I can't post tonight, I'm running out of time here at my boyfriend's office anyway; perhaps tomorrow mid-afternoon or so I will. I'm tryna work out what to post. Viv's got a lot of time to kill this RPG Monday afternoon-into-evening, and I'm trying to figure out where to take her. There's a lot of options open to her. She could pretty much go anywhere at this point. I'm toying with the idea of having her catch up with Buz & Lilly (and run into the King) at the Red Herring. Maybe she could go there with Ray? I dunno, still thinking, plus I've got a lot of RL crap going on right now tonight. Meh.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #296
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
And I could write that the young King seems to be suffering from delusions and isn't that such a shame for someone so young? The Lady of Nîn-In-Eilph doesn't take black mail kindly.
Nay - not a threat, but rather a jest. I thought that any more re-writing (even to make it more convenient for you to come - if I could do so by making it earlier) - would just drive you up the wall. So... I didn't think you'd take that offer.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #297
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Cool new post, Valandil!

Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 AM   #298
Valandil

Thanks Lotesse - oh - and CS - let me know if I should change it and welcome the Elves in a later post. Particularly if you had something in mind. You might put yourself in a bad light though if you come onto the King, then he finds out that you and his friend Marty had something going. (and when IS Buz gonna just BLOW over all this??) But you DID get there first, so if you want a little more interaction, that's OK with me (just didn't want to leave the other ladies dangling either).

This could be kind of awkward... Val calling Rian over to a table where two of her former employers have just joined him... and he has NO IDEA! Sounds like something that could happen to me!

LSP - shall we cook up something mysterious that happened to Marty?

(EDIT: - and Serenoli - I'm also sorry to hear about the cats. )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 12-07-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:34 AM   #299
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes, something mysterious indeed! But what? Did he get whacked or something? Bodily harm would be good, so I wont have to post him moving about much. Only to be healed in time for the Rochdol game, of course!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 AM   #300
Valandil

BTW - I agree heartily that we players are not the only students at USAT! Didn't Val mention that there are literally SCORES of students here? The place is ENORMOUS!! That's one of their 'selling points' I believe.

LSP - we'll have to put our minds to it...

(Poor Marty! )

EDIT: say... did he dance with Mahtaliel...??? More reason to be *suspicious* off in the wrong direction some more? Remember, Marty is an unspecified close relation to Oreturion. From the same noble family in NW Arnor.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 12-07-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Closed Thread