Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #281
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

i thought willow handled it well, the transition from the battle of minds with udu, to khamul ... quite seemless in fact ... well written willow... really happy to have both you and udu here .... great follow through with sensing Gordis too, udu...

well, lotesse the race is only just begun ...though in rpg time it is still before the arrival of the two frisky haired elves and Elvis (the king ) ...

so plenty of time for Lomi to fly over... merely use the 'earlier that day or evening' as car 51 elvis does (heh Valandil: another top notcher post) ...

since some of us have a tradition of "where's xxxx?' maybe we could assign the car 51 tag to whoever and have it passed on with a jaunty "car 51! ... where ARE you?" ... ... was thinking of CS ... but she careered round the corner full tilt with an excellent voodoo post before i could

yeah, Udu ... there are many new professors this year ... maybe it's the arch-chancellor's team-building and man management techniqies???

must be a high year-on -year staff turn-over here .... since no one is really suprised by all the new staff!

Gor: tharbad mountains! : aye' well, you have to think like a wolf .... i am guessing they came from the mountains on towards tharbad ... and as any alpha predator will tell you .... tunnel vision in terms of seeking the prey will determine the naming .... thus tharbad mountains! the mountains on route to their prey ....

Sir grey: glad you are back with us and with such excellent new characters!

just write them in: generally i'd advise they be independent for story, plot and sub-plot purposes... better for you ... but sure they can be affiliated to the Nazgul .... completely up to you

2 quickies though: lomi is as yet leader-elect, Wise-whit is currently still leader of the owls ... could you change your GOP list....

aslo the tharbad guild of predators is currently led by the eagle lord .... could be some plotting and scheming and fighting when the new predators arrive, heh?

I only ask that they respect the other brethren of the air ... IF they challenge the eagle lord Cruelclaw (? - better check the name)

regarding continuity.... i posted here that he (bumble) was going to race the tortoise before old bumble was posted by others at the reception .... no doubt we will sort it one way or another .. but what with the place holder and my plans for other things in that timescale slot ... it could be decidely tricky for me to edit him in earlier .... i will of course edit if all three refuse, on the basis it is 3 (erroneous ) rpg-ers against one .... but it'd be very easy for you 3 to take out any references to Bumbledore ...

though i really like Aiwendi'ss remarks ...

well i leave it up to you 3 .... if you all agreed to keep it as stands i will edit as best i can but it WILL cause me problems *sigh*

where there's a will there's a way ...

TD: excellent development of khamul, he really starts to feel like the real deal!

well, everyone is writing well and it starts to pick up pace at last! sub-plots are forming and interaction will surely branch these out into a fine mesh of rpg possibilities...

will Rian cause a storm? what will the MM's think? Will bumble be able to bow either quickly enough, or stably enough not to fall over?
will he start telling the High King obscure and rather jaunty stories about his father? (from when he was a younger and rather more dynamic commerce guru in (his)younger days???? - not isuldir's of course)

Gor: will post the map in info!

best all, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-10-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #282
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Thanks, he'll have a busy evening tonight. What with battling Udu and sacking Rian. How will he manage?

Lotesse, are you still going to be having a look round King Val's place, to see if you can find the Ring?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-10-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #283
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Just for record: I'm going to help out on a dig tomorrow so don't expect any postage on my side, or at least not until a late hour.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #284
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

the grave-yard shift eh?

... actually talking about car 51... where the bloomin' nora is LCOU?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-10-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #285
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"yeah, Udu ... there are many new professors this year ... maybe it's the arch-chancellor's team-building and man management techniqies???" - BB

BB, I think there must be a real turn over in professors this year. I wonder why some of them do not stay around.

I have edited RPG Post 221 and removed the references to Bumbledore. Perhaps in the future, he and Maethor/Udu will have a discussion.

TD - Your portrayal of Khamûl is really great.

Willow - Think your addition of the Elf professor is an outstanding idea. Glad to have you with us.

Aiwendis - MM will have to make Udu's acquaintance. If he can just figure out how. Will there be dances at the reception? If there are dances, Udu might dance with all the ladies; that is, if he can stay sober and he and Khamûl do not get in a mental battle. Of course, a dance while engaged in the midst of a mind battle with another might prove challenging.

GW - Glad that you are back.

Lotesse - This board would never be the same without your presence. So glad you are back.

To everyone, I am having a great time here. Glad I was invited.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #286
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Thanks. Could I ask you to possibly go easy on the use of the word dour? I can't help but notice that it's been used to describe her three times in a row now... sorry, english major, overuse of a good word bugs me.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #287
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

how are you on little dots? ...

... best BB

... EDIT

look forward to a glass of wine Udu! ... (those last three were for willow )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-10-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #288
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thaks, BB for posting my map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
yeah, Udu ... there are many new professors this year ... maybe it's the arch-chancellor's team-building and man management techniqies???"
The Chancellor, as it was stated earlier, has decided to make USAT a first-rate University, instead of a Party-type one. I believe he is gradually changing staff and inviting new professors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
I have edited RPG Post 221 and removed the references to Bumbledore. Perhaps in the future, he and Maethor/Udu will have a discussion.
OK, Udu and BB, I followed suite changing my #219, though i had to erase the funniest part of it.

TD - , please, change your post 209 taking away the "strange-looking Prof". Let Udu stay alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
MM will have to make Udu's acquaintance. If he can just figure out how. Will there be dances at the reception? If there are dances, Udu might dance with all the ladies; that is, if he can stay sober and he and Khamûl do not get in a mental battle. Of course, a dance while engaged in the midst of a mind battle with another might prove challenging.
Yes, Udu there will be dances after dinner. Hope you stay sober enough to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
Thanks. Could I ask you to possibly go easy on the use of the word dour? I can't help but notice that it's been used to describe her three times in a row now... sorry, english major, overuse of a good word bugs me.
It is not always "dour", sometimes it is "sour".

Last edited by Gordis : 10-10-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #289
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Thaks, BB for posting my map.

The Chancellor, as it was stated earlier, has decided to make USAT a first-rate University, instead of a Party-type one. I believe he is gradually changing staff and inviting new professors.

OK, Udu and BB, I followed suite changing my #219, though i had to erase the funniest part of it.

TD - , please, change your post 209 taking away the "strange-looking Prof". Let Udu stay alone.

Yes, Udu there will be dances after dinner. Hope you stay sober enough to dance!

It is not always "dour", sometimes it is "sour".

cheers!

Quote:
as well as giving some jobs to the boys, who just happen to turn up!

but that would explain why no one is suprised to see so many new faces if he was weeding out certain professors and bringing in new ones, last few years...

Quote:
though i had to erase the funniest part of it.
yeah, that was good! put it back in in a bit!

best BB
Old 10-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #290
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Thanks, he'll have a busy evening tonight. What with battling Udu and sacking Rian.
Makes me think of Vikings for some reason ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #291
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Gordis, I want you to know that I'm grinning insanely with delight right now.

Would it be possible for you to post a list of the classes, and which characters are in/teaching which classes? I was looking over those scenes just now and it looks like we have a lot more classes than we have proffesors teaching them, now would be a good time to get that straightened out.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-11-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:51 AM   #292
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis

GW There is no such thing as Tharbad Mountains.
Sorry, I will edit the post accordingly then.

Will this do?

Old Grey and White Patch, the Alphas of the Mountain Wolves, at the head of the Pack, ran along the foothills of their mountains en route to Tharbad. Along with them had come half a dozen mid- and low-ranking wolves. They were on patrol here at the command of the Head Nazgûl, searching for enemy agents.

And, fellow RPGers, thanks for welcoming me back.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-11-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #293
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran
Gordis, I want you to know that I'm grinning insanely with delight right now.

Would it be possible for you to post a list of the classes, and which characters are in/teaching which classes? I was looking over those scenes just now and it looks like we have a lot more classes than we have proffesors teaching them, now would be a good time to get that straightened out.
Thank you, Willow. In the middle of the night I have finally figured out WHY the Morgul Lord came to Tharbad 3 years before Val decided to study there.

Yes, the list is needed, but I have no time for it now, sorry. Perhaps another player could read the Main thread and compile the list?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #294
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Sorry folks - I won't be able to post this morning. Perhaps I can late this evening - maybe 13-14 hours from now? Otherwise, hopefully within 24.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #295
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Will do required editing Gor.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #296
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

We'll look forward to it, Val

Did you ever move to the new building?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #297
Rían

(rats, TD must have left for rugby - I was looking forward to continuing our fight! )

Old 10-11-2005, 01:45 PM   #298
Rían

Hey guys - Since King Valandil, unfortunately, can't post for a bit (those kings! ), I'd like to ask the people who have NOT posted a character bio in the formal thread to please go ahead and do so - it's SUCH a help for newbies like me! At least do a bare minimum thing, and you can always add more later.

Right now, we have posts about the following characters:

Viv (Lotesse)
Lilly (CS)
Morgul-Lord (Gordis)
Eärniel (Eärniel)
Mahtaliel (Willow)
RÃ*an (RÃ*an)

We also have some wonderful maps and histories and geography info - thanks, guys!!

Last edited by Rían : 10-11-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #299
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

blimey ...horrible thought just struck ... lotesse hasn't gone and done it again has she?

just guessing again *sigh*

just seen some stuff in the teacup .... i REALLY hope not ... anyway, as it ain't my place to say owt, right lotesse? ... i won't

really hope not! ... if so, see you in 48 i guess.

(just in case .... heres an enormous chocolate cake that i managed to spirit past earniel ( ) ... watch how you bite into it though as it contains a file, a sonic-screwdriver (ala doctor who) and a cunning disguise!

well, hope i am wrong and if not hope to see you soon, lottesse

btw: regarding the disguise, can you do a heavy scottish accent?

och aye laddie, Big jock McTaggart here!

very best to you Lotsy!, BB
Old 10-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #300
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Ooo... chocolate! Pity Earniel can't get on till late today. *saves her a piece*

I'm attempting to untangle just who's taking which classes, methinks our professors will be taking on a greater teaching load than we thought, seeing as I've counted 13 classes so far...

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-11-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Closed Thread