Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-08-2002, 08:08 PM   #261
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I had a dream that i was in a sorta video game castle and I was with the fellowship. We were trying to find our way out by going through obstickles(sp). We got to a place were we had to jump to platforms or we would fall into some water. Then Aragorn tried to answer a question but when I touched him he got it wrong. Then when he tried again and I talked, The guy asking the question stoped then i said "What if I talk he gets another one wrong?"
Old 09-19-2002, 07:05 AM   #262
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Well, I've been trying to get LOTR dreams, but the Fellowship's being extremely stubborn... I have had this one, however:
I was back on my year 8 camp (translation: On very muddy, bumpy tracks wandering through the bush with great big backpacks) and there was a puddle about ankle deep in the middle of the road. The fellowship, having been wandering along with me for the past while, decided to have a swim, so the hobbits jumped in and sank - a long way. Far too deep to be in such a small puddle, but there you have it. They got out again - I think - so it was all ok.
And my Japanese teacher was in it, just watching. I wish she'd just stay out of my dreams! She keeps turning up there... Once I dreamt the school was invaded by Uruk-Hai and she was pointing a gun at me! Teachers aren't meant to try to kill people!
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 12:44 PM   #263
katya
Elven Maiden

ok this is actually more hobbit than lotr but oh well. (oh yeah keep in mind, i read "the most dangerous game" last night.)

i was running around back and forth through the woods being chased by bert, william, and tom the trolls. they were shooting arrows at me though. (?) i was zig zagging a lot to avoid them. when i was running, it suddenly occured to me to put on the ring. i only sort of knew that that was a bad idea. i took it out of my pocket, and put it on. only it looked exactly like the ring i forged myself. its made of a lot of masking tape and marker. and some other things but anyway, then i ended up in the trolls' house thing. they kept bumping into me because it was really small, so i ran out of there before they could figure it out. i think then they got caught in the sunlight because they chased me outside. then the dream totally changed.
i met this girl i know, an exchange student from germany. i talked to her, and she told me it was easter. there were candy eggs all over. i gathered them up and put them in a container i found on the ground.
when i woke up, i wondered what would happen if i put the ring on my cat. i would lose him, but would know he was there because when he came in the cat door i would hear "creak creak, creak creak, thuthump thuthump thuthump" and maybe he would meow. he's really talkative. that was really long. sorry.

Last edited by katya : 09-21-2002 at 12:46 PM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #264
Linarryl
Elven Warrior

I had a dream where all nine ring wraiths were chasing me and I fell in a hole and it turned out to be a hobbit hole.
Linarryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 06:58 PM   #265
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Sam Gamgee

For some reason, I kept having these stange dreams where I was frodo, and ring wraiths kept chasing me! one time I was chased through an old fasioned market, a small canadian tire, and down into a chimney that had velvet chairs, red carpet and a fire place. i also had a dream where i was kissed by arwen! aaaaah! nightmare!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:42 AM   #266
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I had another dream about a week ago. It had Gandalf snowboarding down Caradhras - eep!
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:21 PM   #267
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ok, I have just recently had this dream and it was extremely strange.
*fuzzy little memory clouds and blur of courney music*
I was at six flags and was with my friends at the bumper cars. I could not share a car with the friend I wanted too but shared it with my boyfirned (as in a boy who is my friend). We started to bump people around and Arwen was standing on near the tracks watch9ng us. I saw my friend look at her and smile and she smiled back.
When we left we went to my camp and Aragorn was there as a counceler. he looked furious at my bumper car companion and punished him with an extremely long hike around a n old fort for flirting with Arwen. He seemed to be angry at me too and told me to pick up trash around the fort. Another guy came to help me whom I could have sworn was Louis off of Kangaroo Jack.

Strange huh?
Old 08-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #268
Bridgette
Enting

Arwen Undomiel

I've had lots of dreams about LotR. In my favourite one (or most unusual one, anyhow), all the boys and girls in my class where at war, and the boys had an army of 10 000 Uruk-Hai on there side. And it took place in my school yard, and, for some reason, all my christmas presents where there.

yah, thats kind of...strange Sicirus (especially the part with the guy from Kangaroo Jack; How'd he get in there?)
Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 PM   #269
azalea
Long lost mooter

This is *gasp* movie-related, but I'll stick it here anyway :
I had a dream a while back that the cast members from the movies were at my house for some reason, and I was horrified because my house was so messy and all these famous people were there.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:37 AM   #270
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
This is *gasp* movie-related, but I'll stick it here anyway :
I had a dream a while back that the cast members from the movies were at my house for some reason, and I was horrified because my house was so messy and all these famous people were there.
Were you in your own home or a hobbit hole? *Imagines Azalbo the Hobbit*

I posted about my LotR dream a while back- which was some motley mix of Harry Potter, LotR and Star Wars. As well as several Entmoot ones. Boy, they were freaky!
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 01:34 PM   #271
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Were you in your own home or a hobbit hole? *Imagines Azalbo the Hobbit*

Hey, Azalea is my hobbit name!
Oh, it was one of those where it was my house in the dream (not a hobbit hole), but actually looked nothing like my house!
Old 09-01-2003, 12:49 AM   #272
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I once had a dream in which there were a couple of orcs. One of them looked like Rod Stewart.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 05:09 AM   #273
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Ahahahaha...! Rod Stewart? ... *snicker*
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:48 AM   #274
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

thought you'd get a kick out of that. :-D
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:11 PM   #275
azalea
Long lost mooter

Sorry -- another movie related one!

I dreamed last night that my husband and I were at the RotK premier in our city, but it was at a yukky theater. Sitting two rows in front of us and to the right were Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, and Billy Boyd. But I didn't go up to them or anything, even when they were just chatting during the intermissions (which occured about every five minutes of the film), because I didn't want to be an annoying fan. And part of the movie involved Pippin and an enormous dragon! Weird.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #276
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I just had a recent dream envovling becoming an ent. It was when I was kidnapped by these pirates and sent as sort of a slaveto this kid. He was a spoiled brat and I had a share an ent body with him. We climbed into an ent case or body and I was on the bottom and he was on the top. We controled it . I was the arms and legs and he was the mouth. When my dad saw this he was angry and thats all that I remebered.

I never liked that dream very much.

That was an interesting dream you had azelea.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:53 AM   #277
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

I haven't had any LotR dreams. I've had dreams of the Mummy Returns though. Wonder why. I didn't even like the movie that much.

However, even before I watched the movies or read the books, I already dreamed sometimes of nasty, evil characters in black robes chasing after me They screeched like the Nazgul do in the movies and they ride horses or um...drive cars. Once, one of these Nazgul-type guys tried to ram a car into me. I ran, ran, ran and ran and I felt the car drive into my back and...

I woke up.

No wonder the first time I read the books, I easily identified with the Nazgul as BIG EVIL GUYS.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:56 PM   #278
Amea
Elven Warrior

Strider

Hi
My LOTR dreams have been freaky. I remember one where I was a part of the fellowship but not really one of the cast. It was feaky. I seemed to have powers over the cast and it was just to freaky to explaine
Amea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:01 PM   #279
Anadriewen
Enting

Arwen Undomiel

I had a dream where I was frodo and I was fighting at Helms deep and I was hoping that I woulden't get killed so that I could throw the ring into the fire. The battle wasn't at helms deep, It was on a feild. All the orcs were coming and I was dreading it with all my heart. Then all the sudden I was at my school and there were orcs there. I had gotten rid of the ring and kept on bragging on how I had such a big chance on big powers. I had to lead some of my friends to safety to a place on the feild with some axe plants Then I met up with more ppl i no. It was only about 7 ppl. Then we charged the play structure. Then I woke up. Kinda weird cuz I only remember killing 1 orc but wutever.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:42 AM   #280
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

This was before FotR came out. I had finished watching the bakshi lotr cartoon. That night i had a dream that bilbo was sneaking around rivendell and he went into an elfs room. took a pillow and smothered the elf to death with it.

another was: I was running in the woods with a binch of orcs chasing me. to escape from them i started hopping on top of trees.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote