Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #261
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
Hey there all... I think I might be back for a while... did ya miss me?
*moot hug*
Of course we did!

A while? Don't you dare leave again. I was going to have you run as my VP, if you're interested.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:40 AM   #262
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Awe, thanks!
And what?

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #263
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
Awe, thanks!
And what?
I was going to have you run as my vice president. (I'm running for president of Entmoot. It's the talk of the message board! See "Entmoot Presendentiel Campaign" thread, complete with the misspelling of presedentiel, which may itself also be spelled wrong...)
Which leaves me to the dilemma as to what to do with Hobbits Beta and Gamma, who were my second choice (running jointly) if you were to not come to your senses and return.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 AM   #264
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Ah, I see...
And welcome new Mooters!

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 AM   #265
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

I'm going away on holiday tomorrow (Friday), and i won't be back for a week.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #266
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Have fun, and come back a millionaire.

(and give me a couple thousand...)

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #267
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

No it's not that kind of holiday...
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #268
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Location: Confusion Lane, on the back of a dragon, or on horseback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Keep the politics to the Teacup café, gentlemen, you're scaring away the newbies.
Sorry I started all that.
There are some new people that don't post, hopefully I can get them to post. What do you suggest? (I don't mean put them at a knife point to get them to post, please no)
I am not sure, but I tihink I can get another person to come that will post. I am not sure how much of a computer person she would be willing to be... uh, anyway, just curious.
When Ijoined I kinda felt responsible fo rnot posting, I think that is disrespectful to join and then never ever post. Just my opinion.

Edgar Alan Poe and Oscar Wilde rock. They are actually better than rocks.
Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
elven dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #269
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by elven dragonrider
There are some new people that don't post, hopefully I can get them to post. What do you suggest? (I don't mean put them at a knife point to get them to post, please no)
That people either like to hear themselves talk, or not. I'm in the first category, obviously. Like you, I felt odd lurking, but lots of people do it.

Even though no one welcomed me.
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #270
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Sorry! You joined before me. ( I think, or close to the same time before I figured things out)
I am definitely in the first catagory too. I talk to this person by e-mail, and they will e-mail me one sentence, and I will w-mail back with a full page, and they will e-mail back 2 sentences, and I will e-mail back a page, and they will e-mail back one sentence, etcetera. We get along well, and have a lot in common. We are taking the same internet course together, that is how we met. You get what I mean though.
Welcome, sisterandcousinandaunt! Have a great stay, and post lots! Welcome!!

Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #271
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Thank you. :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elven dragonrider
Welcome, sisterandcousinandaunt! Have a great stay, and post lots! Welcome!!
That's lovely.

Let's saunter down to teacup for a last cup, tonight. I'm hoping you're in a different time zone than i am...late here.
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #272
truthiscool
Enting

hey everyone im back i dont know if you remember me but im back
Old 04-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #273
truthiscool
Enting

i lost my password and user name so i had to get new ones. befour that i was on alot and had alot of postes i was no-name.....ring any bells
Old 04-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #274
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

Hello! I just found this thread, that´s why I haven´t been writing here yet, but you have been enjoying (or suffering) my posts for some time. What´s the actual meaning of this thread? Haven´t quite figured it out. Anyways, for those who don´t know me yet: I´m from Finland, am 16 and good at languages and drawing (I mean school subjects). My hobbies: reading, archery, drawing, writing a book , playing computer/board games. I believe in no god(s), but I never abandon the possibility of magic existing . I suppose that´s that.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #275
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

welcome back, truthiscool!

And welcome, Noble Elf Lord I love archery, too - do you have your own bow and arrows? I have a lovely recurve and a dozen arrows. We just moved a few months ago, though, and I haven't found a new place to shoot yet

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #276
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord
Hello! I just found this thread, that´s why I haven´t been writing here yet, but you have been enjoying (or suffering) my posts for some time. What´s the actual meaning of this thread? Haven´t quite figured it out. Anyways, for those who don´t know me yet: I´m from Finland, am 16 and good at languages and drawing (I mean school subjects). My hobbies: reading, archery, drawing, writing a book , playing computer/board games. I believe in no god(s), but I never abandon the possibility of magic existing . I suppose that´s that.
Go you! Magic is cool, I'm not sure I believe in anything either. I have always wanted to go to Finland and Ireland. Not gonna put my age on here, but just say about yours. I love to draw, well, and reading intellectual books is what you could call a pastime of mine. Horses and homework consume my life. One bad side to homeschooling is your parents never think you have done enough homework. Uhh, reading your post, video games and computer games are awful. I hate them. Board games are awesome (did you know that Shakespeare came up with that word?). That stinks everyone here gets plenty of time to do archery. I don't have any. As a matter of a fact I am supposed to be sweeping the mud-room floor right now. (The first room of our house)
I love english too. As far as languages, I am trying to learn Spanish and Arabic (wish me luck with the latter). I love to travel, and have been to Egypt, among other worldly places. (Trying not to yak too much, but not working)
Good luck finding a place to shoot Rian!

Beautiful Soup

Old 04-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #277
Noble Elf Lord

I should like to visit Egypt too. I´ve been to Australia though. That was great. Tell me, how come you hate computer games? I like them alot, and might play 3 hours a day. Oh right: good luck in studying arabic. I can speak (apart from Finnish and English) Russia and Swedish. Although I hate Swedish... It lacks any common sense and it has more exceptions than rules. Rian, I indeed have a bow of my own, 30 lbs and some 15 arrows, although some are still under construction (I make them myself). The bow is a simple longbow, it doesn´t have any technical gadgets, I prefer to shoot the way they did in the Medieval. Hope you find a place to shoot soon!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #278
Noble Elf Lord

What is the meaning of the buddy and ignore lists?
Old 04-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #279
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Elf Lord
What is the meaning of the buddy and ignore lists?
If you choose to ignore someone you will not see their posts, it would be like they don't exist. If you mark someone as a buddy...umm you can see a little check mark by their name when they are online..and yeah I'm not sure what making a buddy really does come to think of it.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #280
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Hi everyone!

I'm new, I thought I would introduce myself.
I'm both a Senior in high-school and a Freshman in college
I see that other people here are homeschooled so you might know what that's like.
I listen to a LOT of music, I study dance, and I swim. I'm 6'5" and DON'T play basketball.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote