Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #261
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - made very slight edits to my previous two - then posted Val's arrival at the entrance. The rest of you may array yourselves, if you like - but let me handle his actual entrance. PM me if you want something in particular in the exchanges, greetings, etc - and I'll see if I can fit it into my plan.

Shah - I guess Marty must've tried to tell Valandil about Ray, but didn't get the chance (see where Val brushed off his greeting). Val may not have been too receptive about hearing it anyway. We'll have to figure out where Marty was the past several hours. It seems Lilly has been otherwise occupied - so maybe he was lonely and drowning his sorrows.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #262
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great post, Val. I am looking forward to more mind-reading and shielding.

I detected one error in your post, though. It must be ARANDEL, not Orrodel where you are going. I figure you go West along the river to Arandel Square, then turn right to the Main Hall of the University.

I think all the guest should array themselves in lines along your path and bow. And you will go through the Entrance Hall, directly to the doors of the Reception Hall; they will open and there will be the Chancellor and his daughter bowing to you.

BB, Please add the link to the map of the Main University building where the Reception is taking place into the INFO thread:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...Dis/Recept.jpg[B]

Last edited by Gordis : 10-10-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #263
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*the crowd noises stop, the anticipation builds, they all look towards the door .... *

I hope you can post today, Val! So take a day off work or something!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-10-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #264
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

And YOU, Rian and Earniel? Will you ever enter the Entrance Hall? Hurry up, Val is at your heels!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #265
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

We walked in at the end of my last post - guess we slipped in, in our smooth elven way, and no one noticed!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #266
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Why is Lily picking on Khamûl? What did he ever do to her? I figure that the pain could break the gave between Willow's charcter and Khamûl, or will it not be ready soon?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #267
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I had in mind the same thing, or if not then Val's entrance can give us the oppurtunity to break off.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #268
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah, which ever come first. The voodo dool thing could break up a battle of minds between Udu and I.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #269
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Sounds good, now if only Udu would edit so that she isn't trying to stare down both of you at once...

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 10-10-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #270
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah, I thought it was me you were staring at, but after Udu's post I wasn't so sure.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #271
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

You've got it right.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #272
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay.
Nice Post. I like the way you managed to continue without need for editing (sorry for the bad wording, just don't know how else to put it.)

Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #273
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
And YOU, Rian and Earniel? Will you ever enter the Entrance Hall? Hurry up, Val is at your heels!
But we've still beaten him to it! Hah! *pounds the sky*

*cough* Heheh, do continue.

EDIT: And another thing, I don't mind the nazgul referring to us as She-Elves, since one of them did so in the movie (and I don't think Tolkien ever used that term in his works) but I don't think young Arnorean girls would use such a word. It doesn't really fit.

Last edited by Earniel : 10-10-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #274
Rían

I'm going to do a slight mod to the end of my post to better fit with yours, Earniel. *edit* - nevermind, my post works OK.

I like what you wrote! *recalls PMs*

Last edited by Rían : 10-10-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #275
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Very nice elvish POV on mortals, Earniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
EDIT: And another thing, I don't mind the nazgul referring to us as She-Elves, since one of them did so in the movie (and I don't think Tolkien ever used that term in his works) but I don't think young Arnorean girls would use such a word. It doesn't really fit.
No, Tolkien didn't use this word. And, I think, Arnorean girls would have called you "Ellith" is it? (elleth-ellith-plural?- I was never interested in Elvish, sorry), had they any idea that you might overhear them. But I wanted to come up with something offensive, matching the tone of their observations.
But if you still think it doesn't fit, I will edit.

Willow Oran - So it was Khamul you were staring at? I thought it was Udu...
But surely you can't stare down both at once?

GW There is no such thing as Tharbad Mountains.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #276
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
nevermind, my post works OK.
Phew - You had me worried there for a moment, since I wrote my post with yours as starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
No, Tolkien didn't use this word. And, I think, Arnorean girls would have called you "Ellith" is it? (elleth-ellith-plural?- I was never interested in Elvish, sorry), had they any idea that you might overhear them. But I wanted to come up with something offensive, matching the tone of their observations. But if you still think it doesn't fit, I will edit.
I only know the very basics of Elvish myself, basically that which is in the appendices of the Silmarillion, so don't worry about that. I'm think a simple 'Elves!' when said on a condescending tone will feel like an insult already. But *shrugs* it's no biggie, leave it as it is. But maybe just something to think of in the future.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #277
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

TD and Willow - Udu had just arrived in Tharbad a few hours before, so I assumed he would be the "new professor" at whom the Elf was staring. It was my impression that Khamûl had been around in Tharbad for some time.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 PM   #278
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Yeah, I can see where you got confused, but unless my memory has deserted me Khamul arrived only a few days before Udu, so they're both new to her and Khamul's the only one who she would know was a professor.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #279
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yeah, Khamûl only a few days before Udu. 3 days in RPG time I think.
Anyway, I think this evening could be fun. A bit of conflict between Udu and Khamûl!

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 10-10-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #280
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Well, HERE I AM!

Lotesse I am back with my poor battered Lilly. As you now play Penny, I hope you will help me to punish Khamul! And I almost swooned seeing that you were banned! Hope you will never quit us.

BB, Gor, Udu, Willow, Val, Shah, Lotesse, Rian and Earniel! (Hope I didn't forget anyone...) Wonderful posts ye all! Reading this RPG is like reading a good book!
Maybe the fact that he is protecting his mind could help bear the brunt of the attack, but sill causes him pain, so he doesn't collapse in the middle of the Reception.

Closed Thread