Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #261
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Coffeehouse, it's usually customary to introduce you first before jumping randomly in the game. You're welcome to join, but we're not in Lorien.
Hang on, we are indeed in Lorien of a sort. So forget my last comment. I have bad memory.

Now, to solve the Balrog-sized plothole.

Ingwe, I'm sorry to be a bitch, and I know you've spent a good time writing all that but I'm going to have to ask you to remove the Balrog-scene. Radagast would never leave the balrog roaming free, chasing Entwives is not so urgent as to leave a giant fire-demon on rampage on his people. It doesn't fit. You could keep the post from where Ingwionis is telling his story. I would suggest you do consult Curufin by PM for the dialogue with her character, she should have a say in whether your character knows Abasi and how.

That leaves feawen to edit out that one sentence about the screams. You may also change the part about them having made camp, feawen, apparently they're telling the stories while travelling. And that will fit better with Curufin's post and Coffeehouse's entry. Willow, your illusion post can then go too, maybe you can use the post for Haldis' story is she's inclined to share something of her life. Sasquatch too will have to change the mention of the balrog. You can make it a reply to Coffeehouse if you like, Sasquatch. Mari, good post, but remove it for a little longer. We first have to deal with Coffeehouse's entry and then make camp. You can then repost.

I think that should cover it. Or any other suggestions?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #262
Mari
Elf Lady

Okay, throw mine out.  If I'm on a horse with C. it's kinda hard to go off on my own anyway

EDIT: deleted my last post. ^_^

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 04-16-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #263
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Shiny, my post was basically damage control, so that's no problem.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #264
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
You can make it a reply to Coffeehouse, Sasquatch. Mari, good post, but remove it for a little longer. We first have to deal with Coffeehouse's entry and then make camp. You can then repost.

I think that should cover it. Or any other suggestions?
Should I edit my post as well since I'm awoken by hearing them speak of balrogs..
Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #265
Earniel

If Ingwionis keeps the last part of his post when his character is telling his life-story, then I don't think you'll have to, Coffeehouse. He mentions Balrogs there and that may be what Quickleaf picked up. (I keep thinking Ent instead of Elf when I hear the name Quickleaf. At first you really had me wondering how an Ent got into a tree... )
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #266
Coffeehouse

Quote:
If Ingwionis keeps the last part of his post when his character is telling his life-story, then I don't think you'll have to, Coffeehouse. He mentions Balrogs there and that may be what Quickleaf picked up. (I keep thinking Ent instead of Elf when I hear the name Quickleaf. At first you really had me wondering how an Ent got into a tree... )
Hehe yeah I guess it is a bit Entish. Who knows, maybe I was raised by Ents.. Naw, I wasn't

Quickleaf cause I'm a fast Elf. Leaf cause I'm light

Well if the story does need me changing how I appear then I'll be glad to do so. Btw what creatures are in the company? Are there any dwarves or hobbits?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #267
Mari
Elf Lady

Sas plays a dwarf. His name is Borin. We have Ents, there was at one time an Eagle I think?
Several elves and humans from different places. Rohirrim, a Gondorian (?), Haradrim, people who come from everywhere and nowhere. And I know there was a hobbit...
Argh, I'm terribly forgetful...

Old 04-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #268
Earniel

Yes, you wouldn't say we have about 22 characters in our little fellowship... Sadly some of them never got much further than their introduction post.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #269
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Yes, you wouldn't say we have about 22 characters in our little fellowship... Sadly some of them never got much further than their introduction post.
I have a feeling Quickleaf is in the adventurish mood these days
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #270
orithil
Captain Jack

*Phew* Well glad thats all sorted

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #271
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Sas plays a dwarf. His name is Borin. We have Ents, there was at one time an Eagle I think?
Several elves and humans from different places. Rohirrim, a Gondorian (?), Haradrim, people who come from everywhere and nowhere. And I know there was a hobbit...
Argh, I'm terribly forgetful...
Don't forget Borin's warg.

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #272
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Mari - you're on the horse with me?

Must have missed that...it is a really pretty horse, though.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 AM   #273
Mari
Elf Lady

No, with the character Sane is playing, but I have trouble spelling his name correctly. I think it is Carnehilion? I'm very sorry if I mess up the name Sane! >_<

I'm sure the horse is pretty. I'm also quite sure Ellysa couldn't care less

Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #274
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

I thought the 'C' was referring to me. No worries.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #275
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

I'd very much like to join in, if you still have room for more?

My character, Tabrîl, is an Avarin Elf - although she's likely to be fairly displeased if anyone calls her that to her face. She's a third-generation elf and wasn't actually born until after the Eldar set out on their journey. This, indirectly, led to her dislike of other elves - Tabrîl, being naturally inquisitive took it upon herself to find out about these others shortly after the Noldor's return.

It didn't go well. Their customs were - odd, to say the least, and once she found out what the word they called her, 'Avar,' actually meant? Unwilling to take part in a journey that started before she was born and seemingly had been a mistake anyway since they were all back again? Tabrîl decided they weren't worth bothering with and went home. She has very isolationist attitudes, like most of her people, and can often appear unintentionally cold or rude when dealing with outsiders.

However, Tabrîl does travel a lot, and considers it her responsibility to gather information about the events in the world for those of her people who don't, so she's always on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. And this company of travellers she has just spotted - they're more than slightly unusual, and she thinks it might be a good idea to follow them for a little while and see what they're up to...

Let me know what you think and if there's a particular point you'd like me to slot her in at, should she be approved.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 AM   #276
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Welcome to the rp, Aikanaro, as well as all those who I had neglected to greet.

I eliminated my last post for now. There's no Balrog - I've heard no rumors of any other Balrog. o.O (there was but now there's not one)

About his life story, in the character profile I wrote for "Ingwionis" on page 3 here, I mentioned that he was son of Ingwion (I think I mentioned that) and Ingwion was son of Ingwe. Ingwe was first but not greatest in my opinion - he ran off and away from the threat of Morgoth instead of fighting to keep his land. Orome pretty much gave the Elves he took with him a life of "nothing out of the ordinary". Though they were taken to a place that was great indeed, living there forever just seems too...permanent. Ingwion, the first King's son, went back to Middle Earth in the First Age sometime, killed a few orcs, possibly went back, but was a minor character. Radagast would nonetheless know of Ingwionis' true origins but very few others would.

If I caused a fiasco, I am sorry for that. In the words of Pippin "I'm sorry alright, I won't do it again!"

I put "removed" in the post earlier as I had to cool off from the sum of the day's problems and couldn't concentrate on editing a post at the time; I'll probably put back in a very limited amount of the original post (good thing I saved the sum of the posts in text files).

Main points of the story to remember: Ingwionis witnessed the first battle of the First Age and fled; went into the east, somewhere; fought in the last battle; saw the fall of Beleriand, and pretty much didn't do anything for about two ages except arrived late at the Battle of the Last Alliance and made enemies with the Elves, including Elrond, then lived near Urd in Northern Rhun most of the time after that; went to defend Lothlorien a lot during the third age as one of Haldir's henchmen. After the last war, he helped lay the foundations for some of the cities lost during the last two ages; didn't do much of anything after that; pretty much his most honorable time was the last battle in the 1st Age in which he was a minor player. I had forgotten to mention that his father disowns him after he flees / arrives late at the first battle. So the character is very much like me, didn't do anything great and made a lot of mistakes earlier in his life for the sake of "not getting involved" and instead getting a free ride at the expense of those who defended Middle Earth.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #277
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Deleted...

~The Lay of Leithian

Last edited by Curufin : 04-17-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 AM   #278
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
Let me know what you think and if there's a particular point you'd like me to slot her in at, should she be approved.
Another Avarin Elf! They're coming out of the woodworks in the RPG! You're welcome, Aikanáro. I don't think one more is going to matter at this point, we're a small army devision by now anyway.

I think there's a good point of entry a little further up ahead. I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I eliminated my last post for now. There's no Balrog - I've heard no rumors of any other Balrog. o.O (there was but now there's not one)
I'm sorry I made you throw all that out, Ingwe. I hope you put up back the part of the post when Ingwionis tells about his life. It's interesting and other people responded to that in posts. I've got it saved too, in case you need it.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #279
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

ok im kinda comfussed! oh well! once more unto the breach and all that! spiders and elfs coming out of the trees oh its getting exciting!

ok post changed! sorry about that. ive been on holiday for a week so it was a lot of reading and i got confussed!

Last edited by feawen : 04-17-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #280
Earniel

No worries, feawen. I'm sure we can work it all out.