Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #261
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

We now have to set up the meeting with the squint eyed southerner from Bree. I'd be happy to post that either tonight (for Britain) or tomorrow morning.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:49 AM   #262
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Hello guys and girls!

Didn't know anyone considered me a (nagging?) administrator.

I am very busy right now, Yea, working on a new spell . Beware, CS!

I can only tell you all that BB was right, it was at least a 4-5 days ride (on Mearas ) from Lorien to Gladden. It is twice the distance Bree-Weathertop which the nz made in 2 whole days riding like a wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
We now have to set up the meeting with the squint eyed southerner from Bree. I'd be happy to post that either tonight (for Britain) or tomorrow morning.
Nay, TD, we are but at the end of July! The Southerner we meet MUCH later, after September 17, in the next part of the story (Supersonic stallions?)

We have to go all the way up Anduin to its source - to Gundabad Mountain. Then we have to return, almost all the way back to the field of Celebrant, meet with messengers from Barad Dur and get scolded really hard by Sau!

Then we will be sent to Saruman and he (or Grima) will send us to the Shire. Then we meet the Squint-eyed Southerner. But all this is in the second chapter of the story.

Now, please go and check the Gladden. You will find nothing there, sure

Nagging (sometimes) Gordis

P.S. Sorry for you, Lotesse. Hope all will be well soon.

P.P.S. Isn't it a good idea to re-read UT "the hunt for the Ring? or at least the beginning of the main thread? And look at the map, you incompetent wraitsessss! Sorry, no offence meant.
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #263
Telcontar_Dunedain

Ok, sorry for the confusion. So we are basically searching the Gladden for over a month. Then Khamûl recieves news of Gollums total escape, we then find the Southerner, go to see Saruman, find the Shire and get driven off by the Rangers.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 07-16-2005, 08:01 AM   #264
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

No, we are passing by the Gladden either checking the empty holes or killing the hobbits there and then ride on checking the area to the North but always on the Anduin side of the Misty mountains. There is quite a long way to the source of Anduin from the Gladden river, if you check the map. 15 days ride, or something.
Then we return, get scolded, ride to Orthank, meet Saruman, meet Grima get info on the Shire location, then cross the Mountains by the gap of Rohan, go North via Eriador and then meet the Southerner, who has info on Baggins.
That is all canon.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:25 AM   #265
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

TD, I am afraid I have really become a nagging...something. Sorry.

I think it is good time to report at last to the Master, isn't it?
After all,you are carrying the heavy stone with you for something...
Old 07-16-2005, 02:43 PM   #266
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I don't know what to post today, you guys. Really depressed. Can't move out of place w/b-friend/ex-b-friend/whatever; he keeps shouting at me and putting me down and yet I still must rely upon him financially for the next 2-3 weeks, part of a long story I will definitely not go into. Suffice it to say, my moods are so wildly manic, it's difficult to be cheerful enough to post good story input lately. I'll try my best, O.K.?
Poor Viv! I have seen it myself, probably not that bad, though.
Hope you OK.

Gordis, thanks for the input, oh nagging Nz 007!

Actually I think the scene at gladden was good, the heck with distances.
Now I can't really get it, what happened? Was Khamul there or wasn't he?
Probably I should learn more about sorcery.

So are we waiting for TD-Khamul conversation with Sau?
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #267
CrazySquirrel

TD you should definitely use your watch for the Palantir session!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #268
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay, will do it now.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #269
CrazySquirrel

Great post, TD!! Thanks!

Gor, you owe me one for letting Wikkie choose your stomach over mine!
Old 07-17-2005, 05:42 PM   #270
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

CS, it was a good post and it stands ( as a dream) - else it causes all involved headcahes trying to post ... and we don't want to make it even harder for lotesse just now!

Gordis=nagging? Not in my book.

I think the context was 'hey! how do i know?' , gordis would know ... and the 'nagging' bit merely 'f*** this...this is artistic license!' ... all good really ... so Gordis don't take it the wrong way, i think CS was just acting as any artist who has to contemplate changing anything -ever - because of any kind of restraint...

so as a discussion debate thread ... here for this very reason .. to discuss the rpg and keep it on tracks and hopefully ADD to the RPG with good ideas thrown around etc etc ... what's the feeling here ... are we treading time as treacle .. do we want to move on a bit faster .. at least beyond the Gladden?

I guess we have done the champers and strawberry thing ... though from a personal one if we could i'd like to see a punting trip up the river before we speed the clock up ( in a creative but controlled manner ) ... ( ok - i know water's a problem but as our good Doc will tell you ... alcohol is a great thing for doing stupid things ... of course he 'll tell you that from his medical background! )

so, these are things for discussion ... what's the feeling among our fellowship? do we want to move on, having covered most of this section and develop it further along? If so your ideas on HOW we do this before we do it as it were ...

what are the key points in the next 14 days of the timeline we want to play out, so that we can OOC (out of character) fly like the wind (of course dragging our heels IC) ?

If we do move it on how do we want to do that?

There are still some important sub-plots to develop at this point - what do we think these are important to each of us?

Best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-17-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #271
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, Butterbeer et al, how's everyone? I'd like to get them all drunk like BB says, send them up the Gladden a little ways before the buzz wears off, so they're not freaked out by the water - I think Viv doen't have a problem with water because she might be a little naive, being youngest and all, she hasn't yet earned a healthy fear of it yet, and maybe likes to tease the others with the water? And someone should have a crush on her in secret, but I'm not sure yet of the 9 who that'd be, any ideas?
Anyway thanx 4 your patience, you guys; I plan on getting into the story today a little.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #272
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Gor, you owe me one for letting Wikkie choose your stomach over mine!
Gordis bows deeply.
I am not sure I like being used as a pillow, even by Wikkie...

No, I am not offended by "nagging". Coming from a rival it sounds not that bad .
BB I think we can continue drinking and doing Morgoth knows what for another month. One thing is sure, by September 13-15 we must return to Calenardon, (where we have met with Khamul and Mor on our Journey North). But now we are at the end of July. That leaves us 1,5 month for good vacations. I believe we may travel North unhurriedly to have a look at snowy Gundabad. Must be a wondrously beautiful setting there. Perhaps some playing in the snow? After all the wraiths should not be affected by cold at all. And of course Wikkie would love to see Angmar again (as Gundabad is in the East Angmar).

Then the booze ends, and we return. Perhaps we could get more wine in Lorien on our way back? And CS may want to meet Haldir again .

Quote:
Hi, Butterbeer et al, how's everyone? I'd like to get them all drunk like BB says, send them up the Gladden a little ways before the buzz wears off, so they're not freaked out by the water - I think Viv doen't have a problem with water because she might be a little naive, being youngest and all, she hasn't yet earned a healthy fear of it yet, and maybe likes to tease the others with the water? .
Yea, why not? Oh, naive 4000 years old Viv. Please post, that would be funny.
Quote:
And someone should have a crush on her in secret, but I'm not sure yet of the 9 who that'd be, any ideas?
OHH, I hope you do not mean our (mine and CS's) Wikkie? NOO!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #273
CrazySquirrel

Lotesse, loved your input, that was funny! I am eager to learn what happened... I suspect they will be in the river soon!
Only please, change "Gor" to "Goth" in the last post! Gordis couldn't come fishing, you must understand. , so we are four: Gothmog, Mor, you and me.

Why not choose Mor as your sweetheart? Hasn't he brought you your bag?
He seems a nice guy... And IF you are after our Wikkie , Gor and I will forget our quarrels and side together and rip you to pieces!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 AM   #274
CrazySquirrel

Here is some info on Mor for you, Viv! I copied it from Gor's character info.

4- Mordacar (Mor) assigned to DolGuldur
Note: Numenorean, Gothmog's best friend

So you see, you haven't seen Mor for 70 years, as he was in DGuldur and you in MMorgul. So he seems "fresh" to you...
And he is a numenorean, therefore he must be quite good-looking.

And (what must be important for the current boat trip) Goth and Mor being from Numenor, certainly can swim! Don't know about you. But my Lily doesn't swim!

Lily the Matchmaker
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #275
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx, Crazy Squirrel, good ideas! The jury's still out on the identity of the secrect crush. Don't worry, I'm not a man-stealer; even if the secret crush happened to be Wikkie, I'd shoot him down - meaning he'd get nowhere tryna get my interest up, if not just because he's my homegirl's choice first. So, don't trip!
I'm glad he & Goth can tolerate water.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #276
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Do you want a vote on the identity of your secret crush, Lotesse?
I think CS choice is sound. But it's up to you.

Well how are you going to fish? Like Gollum, with invisible hands in the water?
Or will it be just a short boat trip? Short, because I don't think the old boat will hold ...
Good swim, guys. Just don't loose your shape!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #277
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

http://www.councilofelrond.com/map.php
Here is a nice Middle Earth map for you.

Please look along the Anduin. You will see Gladden fields, Carrock, and Mt.Gundabad where we are going now.

Then you can study the return route South to Cormallen field.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:36 PM   #278
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx, Gordis, the map helps tremendously.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #279
CrazySquirrel

Thanks for the map, Gordie!
And I borrowed your idea about Gollum-like fishing...

Quote:
even if the secret crush happened to be Wikkie, I'd shoot him down - meaning he'd get nowhere tryna get my interest up, if not just because he's my homegirl's choice first. So, don't trip!
Thanks for your feelings! But Wikkie is not someone to have a secret crush for one of his subordinates. As he is our Liege Lord and Captain, we all are entitled to obey whatever he commands.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #280
CrazySquirrel

Why won't you join us, EarthBound? I know you are there...I see you!!!