Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 AM   #261
orithil
Captain Jack

It does sound a bit far-fetched with all armour, I'll delete it and let somone more...agile do the deed

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #262
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wouldn't it make more sense if Haldis and Aerin get Quickleaf to the rope, tied it under his arms and have him hoisted up? I'm just wondering, I haven't exactly done many caving or rescues.

That and I so absolutely suck at rope-climbing that my brain automatically reverts to solutions that don't involve any rope-climbing.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 AM   #263
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Oh Mari, Ingwionis' mentioning of the vision wasn't a chastisement, at least to him it wasn't. He was just really scared that it was coming true. When you're around foresight all day long, you tend to fear some of it when it starts to happen. He also doesn't like the caves all that much.
I didn't think of it as such either. However insecure and scared Ellysa who's just waiting for someone to tell her she's cursed because she still believes that herself, does think of it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by orithil View Post
Well its because...well...hes amazing
LOL!
Somehow I envision his helmet to be like Sane's previous avvie. Very blitz...

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #264
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I didn't think of it as such either. However insecure and scared Ellysa who's just waiting for someone to tell her she's cursed because she still believes that herself, does think of it that way
Sounds a little like me (in real life).

Of course, the spirits in the tunnels, if any, could make some stuff start to collapse. o.O

It would be kinda cool if we got a pirate in the story called Jack Sparrow. "You'll always remember this as the time that you almost caught Captain..." *Rocks fall from the tunnel and Jack is covered with debris* "...Sparrow!"

Last edited by Ingwe : 06-09-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #265
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I'm afraid I've never seen it.
Well, then. An ROUS is a Rodent Of Unusual Size
Quote:
Originally Posted by orithil View Post
Well its because...well...hes amazing
Of course, how could we forget that

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #266
Midge
Faithful Gardener

I've not seen that for a long time, and I recently got my copy buffed. It had a big ol' scratch which messed up the Miracle Max part! *tear* but it's all better now.

*goes off to watch "The Princess Bride"*
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #267
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Lol.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #268
Mari
Elf Lady

I should have a copy somewhere too, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Ingwe, I know how you feel. On certain subjects I have those feelings too. Ellysa may not be me, but I am the one writing her (more or less as she seems to have a will of her own) so somethings are recognizable
If you are unsure, just ask. I'll give you an honest answer.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #269
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I should have a copy somewhere too, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Ingwe, I know how you feel. On certain subjects I have those feelings too. Ellysa may not be me, but I am the one writing her (more or less as she seems to have a will of her own) so somethings are recognizable
If you are unsure, just ask. I'll give you an honest answer.
Righty then, same here. I used to not be very honest about myself years ago (like what grades I got, I'd make a B into an A just to get away from any possible verbal siege from family). And then it hit me, when I started not to be afraid of what I was, who I was. But as I always say, I'm not quite out of the woods yet. Over the last two years, I've been having continual recurrences of an intestinal ailment that causes pain that is blinding to say the least, and it's made me struggle psychologically as well. Last I was in the hospital, I hollered to the nurse to give me the pain and nausea medicine more quickly, so that the pain wouldn't be defined anymore. Most of what I was feeling, most of what I said when I was in the hospital, I forgot, I only have my wife to tell me about what actually went on.

Thankfully over decades of it happening, we figured out that it was an old injury causing it, an old injury that couldn't heal either, strangely enough. A better way to describe it is that it healed in a strange way. The intestinal pains are fortunately not life-threatening, but it's really made me believe more in God, at least to the point that I can say "God help me" when I'm in pain.

In this RPG, Ingwionis' struggle with being torn in two, between Middle Earth and Aman, is quite similar to the struggle I face. If Ingwionis were to stay in Middle Earth, he would still enjoy some of it, but not as much as he once did. If he went to Valinor though, there is no coming back, and the idea of permanence is a terrible idea to him. He is part Vanyar, but because of his upbringing in Middle Earth for the last, oh, 6,536 years, he's formed his own habits and ways that aren't necessarily similar to any other tribe of Elves, whether from Lothlorien, Rivendell, The Grey Havens, or more recently, Ithilien culture brought on by Legolas. In a similar way I'm torn in two - do I live with both my pains and pleasures or do I choose a path (similar to going to Aman, in this life it would mean death) which involves neither - for without the pain there is no pleasure otherwise. The last few months have been really decisive in changing life to what it now is, and those few short months were more prolific than the last couple of decades, and from the struggle came a little more peace in myself.

I imagine as my own real-life character evolves, Ingwionis will also evolve in much the same way, though more figuratively of course. He will begin to ignore the thoughts of Valinor and his father who had pretty much abandoned him and expected him to find his own way back, and when Ingwionis was late, they cast him out. This adventure will probably give him that perspective, that there is nothing in Aman for him unless his family were to come with him, and he will start to learn that he will live the last stages of his life in the mortal lands of Middle Earth, until he and all others that remain begin to vanish while the world around them all changes irrevocably to something unrecognizable to those that live in Middle Earth now. And through the adventure, he may find his peace, a peace he hadn't known since the days of darkness...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #270
Mari
Elf Lady

*hugs Ingwe*
*Ellysa hugs Ingwionis*

Which reminds me, are Carnehilion and Amael going to say or do something, or should we just arrive somewhere? The whole purpose was to get you all more easily involved after all

Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM   #271
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Right. Well, I'm still at a loss for what to say I kind of typed myself into a corner when I made Carnehil's character that of the 'if it ain't on fire, don't holler for water' kind of person. He doesn't have much to say. And in comparison with the rescue-Quickleaf party, where are we?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #272
Mari
Elf Lady

I don't know actually. I have no map inside my head of it, so I can't describe it. Ingwe, any ideas?
I can just point into a direction, but...

Old 06-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #273
Earniel

Between the rescue-party and the exit would be accurate enough, I think. I suppose they'd make enough noise to locate them. Have you lot seen the shadow-martens yet, or did they take another tunnel?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #274
Mari
Elf Lady

I have seen nothing. Maybe I looked through them

EDIT: Do we have to see them? I really don't know what the lay-out of this place is anymore >_<

Old 06-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #275
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Hey, Fay, tell Nami I'm sorry about the whole Quickleaf/Aerin thing. I'm trying to keep Loverboy alive here. She can be jealous if she wants.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 06-09-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #276
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Hedrim's rope question A quote! Hehehe
Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #277
Earniel

Quote:
I have seen nothing. Maybe I looked through them

EDIT: Do we have to see them? I really don't know what the lay-out of this place is anymore >_<
Nah, you don't. I just wanted to keep track of who they've passed by now, so that if Aikanaro and Curufin wanted to write something about the little rodents issuing from the entrance, they weren't kept waiting indefinitely.

My guess is our two avari will try to stab them and when that doesn't work, class the whole situation as part of the Mysteries and therefor nothing them warriors should concern them with. Am I close, Aikanaro, Curufin?

As for the lay-out I don't think we've ever discussed Dol Guldur's lay-out in much detail. Just that the archive is north, I think. Other than that, we make up just as we go.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #278
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
*hugs Ingwe*
*Ellysa hugs Ingwionis*

Which reminds me, are Carnehilion and Amael going to say or do something, or should we just arrive somewhere? The whole purpose was to get you all more easily involved after all
Yea I believe she's going to do something soon. She had to use my computer a little bit ago to work on some stuff, and I'm surprised she didn't get on here and make a post in that time.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #279
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So.. how bout that rope?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #280
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
My guess is our two avari will try to stab them and when that doesn't work, class the whole situation as part of the Mysteries and therefor nothing them warriors should concern them with. Am I close, Aikanaro, Curufin?
You wouldn't be too far wrong...

Don't tell me Tabrîl's getting predictable.

Closed Thread