Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #241
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Well like I said, I quite like that ash-tray smell!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #242
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

tastes vary... i don't hate pipe smoke, but it's a bit to sweet for my taste

i think the point is... your not going to get a smoker to quit by telling them how nasty their habit is... it's like trying to get someone to lose weight by continually calling them fat and ugly... you may get a reaction, but probably not the one you were looking for
Old 04-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #243
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I love pipe smoke smell. I dont even mind cigar smoke smell as long as its not too close. But smoke AFTER having settled in clothes or on a person is revolting to a non smoker. Oh i wasnt trying to convince her to quit by saying that it was simply a comment.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:29 PM   #244
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I didn't think that you were trying to convince me to quit. It'll take a lot to go that far (Though saying that I have cut down. And no more dope). But yeah, I'd agree with you on the point that the smoke smell id revolting to non-smokers. Or most non-smokers. I've got a mate, who has no intention of taking up smoking (and I won't let him either!), but he likes the smell.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #245
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Oh i love pot smell too. smells like perfume to me. Almost as good as like wood smoke.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:48 PM   #246
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I know - it's extreamly hard giving it up as well. That heavenly scent......
Old 04-06-2004, 02:57 PM   #247
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i haven't given that up 100% either... though it's once a week these days at best (band practice nite)
Old 04-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #248
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I haven't smoked it for around 2 weeks. But if I'm going to the pub this week I know I will. Hey it has pretty much the same effects as drinking alcohol and smoking normally.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #249
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i believe all this comes down to free will

i don't smoke
i hate smell of cigarettes
i don't mind smell of cigars
i love smell of pipes

i drink frequently
i also smoke pot regularly
all this is MY CHOICE
I as a human being, have taken it upon
myself to decide what is right to me
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #250
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

See, that's where my reality on the subject totally goes out. Since the smell is totally revolting to me, it would kind of bewilder me how others enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Hey it has pretty much the same effects as drinking alcohol and smoking normally.
I don't know if I'd agree with you on that, and I wouldn't say the effects of drinking or smoking are survival either.........not that I'm telling you what to do or anything.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #251
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
Just curious,
Did any of you smokers enjoy it the first time you tried?
I loved it from the first moment I tried it. In fact, I couldn't believe it was legal. I'd smoked dope before getting into tabs, so probably expected it to be worse than it was. I thought that smokers went around the whole time with that lovely nicotine buzz. Of course, it doesn't last.

I'm jealous, brownjenkins: I'd love to be able to smoke one or two a day (it's not that harmful), but I just can't. It's all or nothing. Thankfully, nothing at the moment. And thanks for the encouragment, Elvenperson.

I just got back from a trip to Lisbon, a place where you can smoke everywhere, even in offices during meetings (it was a two-day meeting with formal dinners and plenty of "don't say the wrong thing" type conversations) , and I managed to stay clean. Go me!

Interestingly, the meeting was about drug addiction. They were making the point that, while it's largely discredited that dope is a "gateway drug" to "hard" drugs, research is starting to emerge that it is a gateway drug for nicotine!

Last edited by The Gaffer : 04-07-2004 at 08:34 AM.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #252
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Ahh, it's heaven. I'm back on dope and cigarettes. I've always had a 'Live fast. Die young' attitude, and I decided that there is no point on giving the stuff up (or cutting down), when I enjoy it so much. Why should I deny the temptations of life? I love it.

EDIT: Oh and Gaffer, you should be proud! Avoiding all that. I know I couldn't. Go you!

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 05-08-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:45 AM   #253
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

You lucky sod.

Thanks for the encouragement though.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:44 AM   #254
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Ahh, it's heaven. I'm back on dope and cigarettes. I've always had a 'Live fast. Die young' attitude, and I decided that there is no point on giving the stuff up (or cutting down), when I enjoy it so much. Why should I deny the temptations of life? I love it.
Yes, it is your life Lal and you can make your own decisions, but your decisions do affect everything else in your life. If an action is doing more harm than good to you and those around you, then it's not a survival action. It may bring you momentary pleasure, but is it really worth it? And couldn't one find a number of other this to bring enjoyment to his/her life?.........................not that I'm trying to tell you what to do or anything

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com

Last edited by Elvengirl : 05-10-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:11 PM   #255
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer
You lucky sod.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Quote:
Yes, it is your life Lal and you can make your own decisions, but your decisions do affect everything else in your life. If an action is doing more harm than good to you and those around you, then it's not a survival action. It may bring you momentary pleasure, but is it really worth it? And couldn't one find a number of other this to bring enjoyment to his/her life?.........................not that I'm trying to tell you what to do or anything
First of all, I don't smoke near people if they don't smoke. I have alot of friends who don't like it, so I respect them and smoke elsewhere. Secondly, yes it's really worth it.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #256
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Oh i love pot smell too. smells like perfume to me.
I agree but they also vary in scent a bit. I like some better than others, beasters and kind bud are my favorite.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:45 AM   #257
Millane
The Dude

ohhh i love the smell of this really nice pipe tobacco i had and i kept the tin just to smell it now and again but last weekend we had just gotten pot and i thought ohhh ill just put it in the tin, thatll keep it nice and safe, fortunately it did but unfortunately the smell of that rich pipe tobacco has now been totally masked by the smell of pot
the nice clean smell of pot smoked through a bong is great but dont get me started on filthy joints
i had a party the other week and it was great, a friend had just gone to New Caledonia and picked up a box of cigars really cheap, so i just sat down and smoked the night away (very enjoyable since im not really a cigar person)... what kind of cigs do you people buy because ive heard people say just how disgusting Marlborough and other such cigs are. Dunhill blues are the way to go, i dont mind b&h but a friend bought 16's and couldnt tell the difference but i absolutely hated them